PDA

View Full Version : Paul Mccartney is a washed up corporate novelty relic.

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
They might as well have had the Rolling Stones come play. the last several years of coachella gave me the impression that i was paying a shitload of money to see acts that are well known for putting on amazing, fresh live shows, not balding geriatrics who haven't made any worthwhile music in 25 years and rely on their backing bands of people i dont recognize for everything. if i wanted to see paul mccartney i would go to the super bowl ten years ago, or the closing ceremony of the 1990 olympics. give me a damn break. if you HAD to reach into that bag of classics and pull out an oldie you could have at least given us Stevie Wonder or something. bah.

drewdrewdrew
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
They might as well have had the Rolling Stones come play. the last several years of coachella gave me the impression that i was paying a shitload of money to see acts that are well known for putting on amazing, fresh live shows, not balding geriatrics who haven't made any worthwhile music in 25 years and rely on their backing bands of people i dont recognize for everything. if i wanted to see paul mccartney i would go to the super bowl ten years ago, or the closing ceremony of the 1990 olympics. give me a damn break. if you HAD to reach into that bag of classics and pull out an oldie you could have at least given us Stevie Wonder or something. bah.

then dont fucking go

jesus christ

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
i dont understand why you get all worked up about it. if you feel that way. see something else.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
mccartney > stones < prince < waters

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
well im glad you guys all have well thought out responses that directly address the finer points of what i said instead of just saying "you shouldnt go." i would go even if i hadnt heard of a single band on the list, someone's gotta supply the camping area with drugs.

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
nothing we say is going to change your mind about how you feel about mccartney. whats the point. he made music i love and thats enough for me to see him live

clept
01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
I agree, Paul McCartney has absolutely zero connect with today's generation. I'd imagine kids in high school still hear about how Pink Floyd was a cool band.. But ain't nobody talking about the Beatles in high schools these days, or in the 90's when I was there for that matter.

deeznutz
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Better than the Cure or the Killers headlining.

Oh btw - fuck the killers

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
well this aint no fucking kroq event. so what does it fucking matter if highschool kids dont know anything about the beatles/mccartney

Boourns
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I agree, Paul McCartney has absolutely zero connect with today's generation. I'd imagine kids in high school still hear about how Pink Floyd was a cool band.. But ain't nobody talking about the Beatles in high schools these days, or in the 90's when I was there for that matter.

If that's the case, no wonder kids today are so fucking stupid. Maybe they would prefer to have the cast of the Hills headline instead.

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
But ain't nobody talking about the Beatles in high schools these days, or in the 90's when I was there for that matter.

maybe they will be after that weekend.

Blinken
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM

Who the fuck cares about high school kids?

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
not balding geriatrics who haven't made any worthwhile music in 25 years

go listen to "the fireman", better than a lot of the crap coming out in recent days.

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
If that's the case, no wonder kids today are so fucking stupid. Maybe they would prefer to have the cast of the Hills headline instead.

I am 20 and my favorite band is the beatles,their influence in music is heard everywhere,at least in orange county there is a big classic rock following i love 955 KLOS here in LA

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Who the fuck cares about high school kids?

exactly! this is not a concert for highschool kids!
its a festival for people who love music.
people who love music generally love the beatles.
people who love the beatles dont mind that mccartney plays one of those fucking days.

clept
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
well this aint no fucking kroq event. so what does it fucking matter if highschool kids dont know anything about the beatles/mccartney

Well judging from the majority of the posters on this board, if I had to guess, I'd say most of you are under 21.

Nobody gives a shit about high school kids, I'm just saying that Paul McCartney is irrelevant to me and all my 25 - 35 year old friends.

I am really excited about the cure though. was wishing for depeche mode too.

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
yknow.. at this point in his life McCartney doesnt NEED money!
hes a fucking beatle! he is SET for life whether he tours or not.
i think he genuinely does it for his love for music.

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
the majority of the posters on this board are fucking idiots..

humanoid
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM

I'm 31 and was in high school in the 90's...tons of people I knew were way into the Beatles...

I have a 20 year old sister and know a bunch of early 20's people who are into them as well...

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm just saying that Paul McCartney is irrelevant to me and all my 25 - 35 year old friends.

sad. wonder how much of the music you listen to is influenced by what he has done, though.

neverclever
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
even mars volta would laugh at your statement.

humanoid
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM

in an extremely drawn out, pretentious manner too

texmahone
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
you're kidding right? dismissing the beatles, the single most important musical and cultural act of the last 100 years?

put down your xbox controller and start listening to music

skavenbrew
01-30-2009, 11:47 AM
i would go even if i hadnt heard of a single band on the list, someone's gotta supply the camping area with drugs.

So you hang in the campground all weekend?

Is Coachella weekend business for you?

You confuse me.

neverclever
you're kidding right? dismissing the beatles, the single most important musical and cultural act of the last 100 years?

put down your xbox controller and start listening to music

too busy yelling about scissors.

sydaud
I'm 31 and was in high school in the 90's...tons of people I knew were way into the Beatles...

I have a 20 year old sister and know a bunch of early 20's people who are into them as well...

My 11-year old daughter LOVES "Sgt. Pepper" and she didn't even pick that up from me. I would have turned her on to "Revolver" first.

digitaldragon03
01-30-2009, 11:52 AM
As a 20 year old, Paul McCartney is the single best reason to go to Coachella this year. The Beatles are timeless and unless you are a hipster ***, everyone my age knows and respects what they did.

Bubba hotep
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM

I think his new stuff is pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dtjxUMWdM

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Macca is NOT the Beatles though..but I guess he'll do in a pinch...

We'll probably get some Wings stuff thrown in for good measure...please no...

HandBanana
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Um, anyone who has ever been to a mall ever knows you see way more kids in Beatles shirts than virtually any other act. Sorry dude.

Bubba hotep
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
As a 20 year old, Paul McCartney is the single best reason to go to Coachella this year. The Beatles are timeless and unless you are a hipster ***, everyone my age knows and respects what they did.

Amen. There are a lot of ungrateful snots on this board.

wstsidela
01-30-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.fashionshanty.com/images/emo/girls-emo-haircut.jpg

Bubba hotep
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Nailed it. Ha Ha Ha !!

Boourns
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Conor?

wstsidela
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Nailed it. Ha Ha Ha !!

He's just cranky because he had to clean the french fry machine.

clept
01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Regardless of all your nostalgia, Paul McCartney has been musically irrelevant for the last 20+ years.

I never denied that the Beatles changed the face of modern music, but you have to take into account they were making POP music 40 years ago!

I'm glad so many youngsters are musically educated enough to appreciate The Beatles, but seeing Paul on the Coachella lineup does nothing for me.

Bubba hotep
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
He's just cranky because he had to clean the french fry machine.
Yep, Tee Hee!!

jokerfit
i dont understand why you get all worked up about it. if you feel that way. see something else.

its called venting frustration
this a forum and acceptable place
just as you have your opinion so does he
so you can take the other option which is don't open this post
and shut the fuck up

myelectrolife
I agree with you about The Beatles, but The Beatles are not playing Coachella, Paul McCartney is. He is a legend for being a part of one of the most influential and revolutionary musical groups of all time.
BUT
I bet we get very few Beatles tracks.
:(

papaver
bah sir paul is a washed up has been.

tigermilkboy
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Novelty condoms are a bad idea but it doesn't mean its not fun to use one!

sydaud
01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
BUT

You will get plenty of Beatles songs...you'll enjoy :)

Bubba hotep
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
This is a ridiculous conversation. He is a Beatle people, a Beatle. They are still the biggest band on the planet earth and always will be. He along with John wrote the majority of the music. Headliners don't get bigger than this. If aliens landed on the planet and went to the record store the first thing they would buy would be The White Album.

Yvette1007
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Regardless of how "washed up" he may be, you have to give credit where it is due. All of the crappy bands that most of the people who are hating on Paul McCartney are listening to these days, will age too. Unlike Paul McCartney no one will give 2 licks about them. The man is and will always be a Beatle. A f'n Beatles member! I'm 28, into various genres of music and will be only attending on Friday. Leonard Cohen, Paul Mc Cartney, and Morrissey?? Oh and M. Ward too. Are you kidding me? Those are real songwriters with talent. I really hope Goldenvoice can get David Bowie on night 2 because The Killers as a headliner is boo-tay, but I get it. They are current, they make the kids dance and the girls scream. Night two can use some Depeche Mode, or some Nine Inch Nails. Perhaps Bauhaus can come back and kick ass like they did in 05.

mozfan27
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
As much as I like my Stevie, he is no way better to Paul, have some respect for your elders kid

corbo
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
its called venting frustration
this a forum and acceptable place
just as you have your opinion so does he
so you can take the other option which is don't open this post
and shut the fuck up

you must be another sexually frustrated emo ***.
is that you in the picture above?

im entitled to post whatever the fuck i want too. so why dont you shut the fuck up about what i post.

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
bah sir paul is a washed up has been.

Better than being a never has been or will be, you know, like yourself.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Better than being a never has been or will be, you know, like yourself.

Snap.

digitaldragon03
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I agree with you about The Beatles, but The Beatles are not playing Coachella, Paul McCartney is. He is a legend for being a part of one of the most influential and revolutionary musical groups of all time.
BUT
At least half of his set will consist of Beatles songs, Paul T will make him do it, especially if he is getting paid big. You think Prince doing Creep was Prince's idea? Fuck no, Paul T convinced him to do it.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Prince: "I get to choose the music"

idriveawkwardly
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Novelty condoms are a bad idea but it doesn't mean its not fun to use one!

tou-fucking-che! haha

myelectrolife
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Did anyone see Sir Paul on the Colbert Report? He seemed really weird.
Anyone else think he was acting weird?
I guess I always pictured him as a happy go lucky kind of guy based on the old footage of him with the fab four.

myelectrolife
01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
maybe he ate a bad burrito... been there buddy.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
At least half of his set will consist of Beatles songs, Paul T will make him do it, especially if he is getting paid big. You think Prince doing Creep was Prince's idea? Fuck no, Paul T convinced him to do it.

I disagree with that. Paul will play mostly Beatles songs because that is ALWAYS what he plays. I'm sure Prince covered "Creep" of his own volition because, a) Prince does what he wants to do and would not sign contracts that keep him from doing so, and b) he's always doing covers, Foo Fighters, Led Zepplin, Outkast...

myelectrolife
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM

Good call, your probably right.

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
BUT

Someone in another thread posted Paul's set list that he did in Tel Aviv on september 25:

“Hello Goodbye”
“Jet”
“Drive My Car”
“Only Mama Knows”
“All My Loving”
“Flaming Pie”
“Let Me Roll It”
“My Love”
“Let Em In”
“The Long and Winding Road”
“Dance Tonight”
“Blackbird”
“Calico Skies”
“Follow The Sun”
“Mrs Vanderbilt”
“Here, There and Everywhere”
“Eleanor Rigby”
“Something”
“A Day In The Life”
“Give Peace A Chance”
“Band On The Run”
“Back In The USSR”
“I Got A Feeling”
“Live and Let Die”
“Let It Be”
“Hey Jude”
“Lady Madonna”
“Get Back”
“I Saw Her Standing There”
“Yesterday”
“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”

looks like plenty of beatles there :)

idriveawkwardly
01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Someone in another thread posted Paul's set list that he did in Tel Aviv on september 25:

“Hello Goodbye”
“Jet”
“Drive My Car”
“Only Mama Knows”
“All My Loving”
“Flaming Pie”
“Let Me Roll It”
“My Love”
“Let Em In”
“The Long and Winding Road”
“Dance Tonight”
“Blackbird”
“Calico Skies”
“Follow The Sun”
“Mrs Vanderbilt”
“Here, There and Everywhere”
“Eleanor Rigby”
“Something”
“A Day In The Life”
“Give Peace A Chance”
“Band On The Run”
“Back In The USSR”
“I Got A Feeling”
“Live and Let Die”
“Let It Be”
“Hey Jude”
“Lady Madonna”
“Get Back”
“I Saw Her Standing There”
“Yesterday”
“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”

looks like plenty of beatles there :)

I would be very happy to see this set list.

Mongeeze
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
McCartney is SOOOO BAD LIVE in concert - it is painful......

I went to see him 3 years ago (completely neutral on him) .... And I left bored to death...

He's a pompous doushe "Man".... Goldenvoice must be ran by 70 yr olds....

Friday is DEAD to me - See you Saturday!!!

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM

They cannot force Paul to play any songs and they do not force anyone else to.

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 01:02 PM
clept gets it... i never said that no one cares about the beatles, every dumbass kid who went to go see across the universe suddenly shits over the beatles and recognizes their greatness etc. etc... its pretty trendy to be really into the beatles again right now, what with the beatles cirque du soleil show and Hot topic selling beatles t-shirts to high school kids with clique identity issues. I'm not saying the beatles are a passing fad, obviously theyve done theyre thing and music wouldnt be the same without them, but that was a long time ago. they havent been together for a really long time... remember? paul does not equal the beatles. lets get someone whos still in their performing prime instead of someone performing second rate updated versions of really good old music without the rest of the original band.

myelectrolife
01-30-2009, 01:02 PM
^Good to know

I just thought cuz he just released an album a few days ago that we would be hearing a lot of that. Havent heard it yet. But im gussing it aint measuring up to to Sgt Peppers.
:)

mlant
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
How many people out there bitched about Roger Waters headlining 2008? A shell of his former Pink Floyd days?

Any one of us who saw that performance will put it at the top or near the top of all Coachella concerts witnessed.

I'm not saying McCartney will do the same, but give the guy a chance. I mean...The Beatles? hell yah!

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not saying the beatles are a passing fad, obviously theyve done theyre thing and music wouldnt be the same without them, but that was a long time ago. they havent been together for a really long time... remember? paul does not equal the beatles. lets get someone whos still in their performing prime instead of someone performing second rate updated versions of really good old music without the rest of the original band.

hahaha....you can replace "Paul" with "Roger" and "beatles" with "Pink Floyd" and you have what all the trolls were saying before last year

and then Waters absolutely killed it, McCartney will do the same

(edit): just beaten by mlant :)

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Paul will kill it, and we will hear all the hits...just like with Prince, who blew that place up last year...

greenredblack
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
McCartney is SOOOO BAD LIVE in concert - it is painful......

I went to see him 3 years ago (completely neutral on him) .... And I left bored to death...

He's a pompous doushe "Man".... Goldenvoice must be ran by 70 yr olds....

Friday is DEAD to me - See you Saturday!!!

grammar, syntax and spelling are ALSO dead to you, sir! see you saturday!

corbo
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
clept gets it... i never said that no one cares about the beatles, every dumbass kid who went to go see across the universe suddenly shits over the beatles and recognizes their greatness etc. etc... its pretty trendy to be really into the beatles again right now, what with the beatles cirque du soleil show and Hot topic selling beatles t-shirts to high school kids with clique identity issues. I'm not saying the beatles are a passing fad, obviously theyve done theyre thing and music wouldnt be the same without them, but that was a long time ago. they havent been together for a really long time... remember? paul does not equal the beatles. lets get someone whos still in their performing prime instead of someone performing second rate updated versions of really good old music without the rest of the original band.

McCartney was going to happen...
you really didnt see this coming?
Its a three day festival for christs sake.
do all three days have to be with bands performing at their prime?

WhyTheLongFace
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/FigureFour24/5d7ac0.gif

canexplain
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM
this from LiveNation ..yes everyone knows he will be there, i posted it because of what it said so dont just read the headline..... cr****

http://www.livedaily.com/news/15590.html

bobert
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah, great thread, pal. I'm mean, Sir Paul was a founding member of the Beatles, for Christ's sake. The Beatles!!! Those fucking corporate novelty suck-jobs. What the fuck have they offered the world, musically? They never contributed anything to the legacy of rock music - never influenced anyone. And you're absolutely right that Coachella needs to quit booking these "balding geriatrics" - well, Paul McCartney isn't bald, and neither is Roger Waters or Leonard Cohen - BUT SURELY THEY WOULD BE BALD IF THEY WEREN'T SO RICH. They bought their hair - it's so obvious - and it's admirable of you to point this out. This is Coachella, for God's sakes. It's not just about music - it's about enforcing strict standards of personal beauty. Old men do not belong at Coachella - no matter how legendary or talented or musically relevant or rare their performance may be. Give me the cutting edge headliners of TODAY!!!! I tell you this, people. Brandon Flowers is not bald - he's "fresh, and amazing" and his feathered shoulder pads bring fire to the loins of all who gaze upon him. You're doing God's work, Mr. voltavoltavolta. Let's make sure that classic rock stays in the past, where it belongs. bah.

trekster
01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't which fans I hate more. Beatles or Radiohead fans.

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 01:37 PM
this from LiveNation ..yes everyone knows he will be there, i posted it because of what it said so dont just read the headline..... cr****

http://www.livedaily.com/news/15590.html

Paul T. cracks me up sometimes

LA Times: "Do you think having McCartney will hurt Coachella's image?"
Paul T: "He's a fucking Beatle. What are you, retarded?"

Sonicifyouwantit
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM

guess you didnt already hear weeks ago that he was headlining....like ALL OF US ALREADY DID. you know there are other stages to go to during his set, but I bet if you do end up going friday you be there watching paul.

corbo
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, great thread, pal. I'm mean, Sir Paul was a founding member of the Beatles, for Christ's sake. The Beatles!!! Those fucking corporate novelty suck-jobs. What the fuck have they offered the world, musically? They never contributed anything to the legacy of rock music - never influenced anyone. And you're absolutely right that Coachella needs to quit booking these "balding geriatrics" - well, Paul McCartney isn't bald, and neither is Roger Waters or Leonard Cohen - BUT SURELY THEY WOULD BE BALD IF THEY WEREN'T SO RICH. They bought their hair - it's so obvious - and it's admirable of you to point this out. This is Coachella, for God's sakes. It's not just about music - it's about enforcing strict standards of personal beauty. Old men do not belong at Coachella - no matter how legendary or talented or musically relevant or rare their performance may be. Give me the cutting edge headliners of TODAY!!!! I tell you this, people. Brandon Flowers is not bald - he's "fresh, and amazing" and his feathered shoulder pads bring fire to the loans of all who gaze upon him. You're doing God's work, Mr. voltavoltavolta. Let's make sure that classic rock stays in the past, where it belongs. bah.

well put lol

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah, great thread, pal. I'm mean, Sir Paul was a founding member of the Beatles, for Christ's sake. The Beatles!!! Those fucking corporate novelty suck-jobs. What the fuck have they offered the world, musically? They never contributed anything to the legacy of rock music - never influenced anyone. And you're absolutely right that Coachella needs to quit booking these "balding geriatrics" - well, Paul McCartney isn't bald, and neither is Roger Waters or Leonard Cohen - BUT SURELY THEY WOULD BE BALD IF THEY WEREN'T SO RICH. They bought their hair - it's so obvious - and it's admirable of you to point this out. This is Coachella, for God's sakes. It's not just about music - it's about enforcing strict standards of personal beauty. Old men do not belong at Coachella - no matter how legendary or talented or musically relevant or rare their performance may be. Give me the cutting edge headliners of TODAY!!!! I tell you this, people. Brandon Flowers is not bald - he's "fresh, and amazing" and his feathered shoulder pads bring fire to the loins of all who gaze upon him. You're doing God's work, Mr. voltavoltavolta. Let's make sure that classic rock stays in the past, where it belongs. bah.

finally, this guy gets it too. thanks for your support. you understand that i hate the beatles and think that paul mccartney was always shitty, and you obviously read when i said that i thought the beatles shouldve never been famous in the first place. and you also understand my intense proclivity toward artists who consider visual appeal to be everything, which is why i said Stevie Wonder would have been a good pick....

p.s. that article from livenation definitely talks about how paul mccartney plans on debuting a bunch of stuff from his new album. way to get excited for nothing, douches.

menikmati
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm so sick of these Paul McCartney hate threads....this, all the MTV blogs, blah blah...they're all whining about how Paul is playing and it's underwhelming...seriously, what the fuck??? Do you need fucking Radiohead and Daft Punk every fucking year??? Try something new for christ sake....Paul is/was a FUCKING BEATLE...he's a LEGEND, and will have the most epic fucking Coachella set yet. If you can't sing along to Hey Jude, then go stick Churros up your ass while you listen to Steve Aoki.

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
i could give a shit less about radiohead or daft punk... it would just be nice to have someone a little more innovative in contrast to the cure and the killers...

menikmati
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Like who???? David fucking Bowie??? Seriously, enough of this. It's been proven already, that no one will ever be happy until Radiohead is jerking off on the main stage every night of the festival.

Quadromarshia
01-30-2009, 05:57 PM
well im glad you guys all have well thought out responses that directly address the finer points of what i said instead of just saying "you shouldnt go." i would go even if i hadnt heard of a single band on the list, someone's gotta supply the camping area with drugs.

fuck you.

yeesh.

digitaldragon03
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
fuck you.

yeesh.
lol.

voltavoltavolta!!!
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Like who???? David fucking Bowie??? Seriously, enough of this. It's been proven already, that no one will ever be happy until Radiohead is jerking off on the main stage every night of the festival.

david bowie sucks ass too... im really having a hard time figuring out what subculture you think i identify with that would make me be pissed that david bowie, daft punk, and radiohead arent playing.

menikmati
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM
You must want No Doubt then.

Quadromarshia
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
david bowie sucks ass too... im really having a hard time figuring out what subculture you think i identify with that would make me be pissed that david bowie, daft punk, and radiohead arent playing.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Garth Brooks or Kenny Chesney to headline Coachella, pal.

corbo
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM

you have yet to tell us WHO then. who the fuck do you want to headline ?

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I got one thing against Macca...and it's huge...

He tried to switch the names from Lennon/McCartney, to McCartney/Lennon, and they wouldn't let him...unforgivable...

But, having said that, he will bring it to Coachella...

SurLaCarte
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't which fans I hate more. Beatles or Radiohead fans.

So you hate, what, like 90% of all people? Must be lonely...

Jumbo
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forums after buying tickets and reading this thread. I am a huge, huge, Paul McCartney fan. Basically the main reason I'm going to Coachella here.

Let me add my two cents.

First of all, he will play mostly Beatles hits. The last concerts he did were Tel Aviv, Quebec, and Kiev.

QUEBEC:
Jet
Drive My Car
Only Mama Knows
All My Loving
Flaming Pie
Got To Get You Into My Life
Let Me Roll It
C Moon
My Love
Let Em In
Fine Line
The Long And Winding Road
Dance Tonight
Blackbird
Calico Skies
Follow The Sun
Michelle
Mrs Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
A Day In A Life / Give Peace a Chance
Good Day Sunshine
Too Many People / Bathroom Window
Penny Lane
Band On The Run
Birthday
Back In The USSR
I Got A Feeling
Live And Let Die
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Lady Madonna
Get Back
I Saw Her Standing There
Yesterday
Sgt. Peppers

KIEV
Drive My Car
Jet
All My Loving
Only Mama Knows
Flaming Pie
Let Me Roll It
C Moon
My Love
Let 'Em In
Dance Tonight
Blackbird
Calico Skies
I'll Follow The Sun
Mrs Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Good Day Sunshine
Penny Lane
Band On The Run
Birthday
Back In The USSR
I Got A Feeling
Live And Let Die
Let It Be
Hey Jude
A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
Lady Madonna
Get Back
I Saw Her Standing There
Yesterday
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

TEL AVIV
Hello Goodbye, Jet, Drive My Car, Only Mama Knows, All My Loving, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, My Love, Let ‘Em In, The Long and Winding Road, Dance Tonight, Blackbird, Calico Skies, Follow The Sun, Mrs. Vanderbilt, Here There and Everywhere, Eleanor Rigby, Something, A Day In The Life, Give Peace a Chance, Band On The Run, Back In The USSR, I Got A Feeling, Live And Let Die, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Get Back, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

McCartney has had the same set list for the last three Coachella-type concerts. Before those three he played in Anfield Stadium in Liverpool, and the setlist was pretty much the same.

So yes, he will play about 80% Beatles stuff, and few Wings/Solo stuff. Heck, you can probably guess the encore's by now.

Paul McCartney is the most successful musician in the history of the world, and you guys are bitching about him headlining some music festival? Please, this will be one of the best experiences of your life. Read any reviews from the Kiev/Quebec/Tel-Aviv/Liverpool concerts from last year and not one of them will be negative.

Please, if your going to criticize, have some substance.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forums after buying tickets and reading this thread. I am a huge, huge, Paul McCartney fan. Basically the main reason I'm going to Coachella here.

Let me add my two cents.

First of all, he will play mostly Beatles hits. The last concerts he did were Tel Aviv, Quebec, and Kiev.

QUEBEC:
Jet
Drive My Car
Only Mama Knows
All My Loving
Flaming Pie
Let Me Roll It
C Moon
My Love
Let Em In
Fine Line
Dance Tonight
Blackbird
Calico Skies
Follow The Sun
Michelle
Mrs Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
A Day In A Life / Give Peace a Chance
Good Day Sunshine
Too Many People / Bathroom Window
Penny Lane
Band On The Run
Birthday
Back In The USSR
I Got A Feeling
Live And Let Die
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Lady Madonna
Get Back
I Saw Her Standing There
Yesterday
Sgt. Peppers

KIEV
Drive My Car
Jet
All My Loving
Only Mama Knows
Flaming Pie
Let Me Roll It
C Moon
My Love
Let 'Em In
Dance Tonight
Blackbird
Calico Skies
I'll Follow The Sun
Mrs Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Good Day Sunshine
Penny Lane
Band On The Run
Birthday
Back In The USSR
I Got A Feeling
Live And Let Die
Let It Be
Hey Jude
A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
Lady Madonna
Get Back
I Saw Her Standing There
Yesterday
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

TEL AVIV
Hello Goodbye, Jet, Drive My Car, Only Mama Knows, All My Loving, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, My Love, Let ‘Em In, The Long and Winding Road, Dance Tonight, Blackbird, Calico Skies, Follow The Sun, Mrs. Vanderbilt, Here There and Everywhere, Eleanor Rigby, Something, A Day In The Life, Give Peace a Chance, Band On The Run, Back In The USSR, I Got A Feeling, Live And Let Die, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Get Back, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

McCartney has had the same set list for the last three Coachella-type concerts. Before those three he played in Anfield Stadium in Liverpool, and the setlist was pretty much the same.

So yes, he will play about 80% Beatles stuff, and few Wings/Solo stuff. Heck, you can probably guess the encore's by now.

Paul McCartney is the most successful musician in the history of the world, and you guys are bitching about him headlining some music festival? Please, this will be one of the best experiences of your life. Read any reviews from the Kiev/Quebec/Tel-Aviv/Liverpool concerts from last year and not one of them will be negative.

Please, if your going to criticize, have some substance.

QFT

clept
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Just for the record I'd be bitching about Radiohead too, I never understood their appeal.

At least they have Pmac playing on Friday night and not Sunday. I'm sure I'll enjoy the show, despite being very underwhelmed by the announcement...

SurLaCarte
01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
He played A Day in the Life at all three of those!!!

xogirl
01-30-2009, 07:33 PM

As the parent of a high schooler, you don't know what you're talking about. I see teens wearing Beatles shirts all the time. The high schoolers LOVE the Beatles.

Smokenut
01-30-2009, 07:57 PM

dude they got DJ AM & STEVE AOKI

basically the musical demography of the HILLS soundtrack lie within a

JEWISH PIECE OF SHIT=DJ AM who is suing the families of the pilots for millions and millions of dollars

STEVE AOKI?

id rather see his homies mix; DAN OH + THEM JEANS(at least these two mix some pretty dope shit)

SurLaCarte
01-30-2009, 08:15 PM
dude they got DJ AM & STEVE AOKI

basically the musical demography of the HILLS soundtrack lie within a

JEWISH PIECE OF SHIT=DJ AM who is suing the families of the pilots for millions and millions of dollars

STEVE AOKI?

id rather see his homies mix; DAN OH + THEM JEANS(at least these two mix some pretty dope shit)

I don't understand your sentences, but fuck you you antisemitic prick.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 08:19 PM
They might as well have had the Rolling Stones come play.

That would be totally awesome if they did.

I don't care what anybody says. The rolling stones are the shit.

voltavoltavolta!!!
02-14-2009, 10:31 PM
you have yet to tell us WHO then. who the fuck do you want to headline ?

I'm just gonna come right the hell out and say it... I want Spinal Tap to headline. there.

Freaksince'68
02-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm just gonna come right the hell out and say it... I want Spinal Tap to headline. there.

And where is Frank Zappa when we need him?

gruvlicius
02-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Well judging from the majority of the posters on this board, if I had to guess, I'd say most of you are under 21.

Nobody gives a shit about high school kids, I'm just saying that Paul McCartney is irrelevant to me and all my 25 - 35 year old friends.

I am really excited about the cure though. was wishing for depeche mode too.

I dig tons of bands on the bill...but I'm not into McCartney either. Does Goldenvoice really need some stale stadium act as headliner? Some really cool bands have headlined past Coachellas, bands that are way more important to me and my friends, an early thirties crowd, then McCartney solo. If they wanted an old guy, they shoulda gotten Neil Young.
**Lauren**

Freaksince'68
02-14-2009, 11:54 PM

I have some of the same sentiments about PM, but I have found some deep McCartney love out there in Coachella-land. Personally, I'd like to see George Clinton and the P. Funk All Stars light the place up late Friday night.

obzen
02-15-2009, 07:26 AM

in an extremely drawn out, pretentious manner too.

lolz
yes...

...yes.