PDA

View Full Version : Get some Progressive DJ's!!!!

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
progressive/house preferably. All progressive music lovers are welcome to list all of your favorites that you are hoping will be added to the Sahara tent. There are way too many electro geeks this year and last year. Trance is another common genre that gets overplayed and I don't mind as long as it's not tiesto, armin, or pvd.

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
I would like to see any of these:
Eric Prydz
16 BIt Lolitas
Jaytech
Claes Rosen
Dinka (even though no one knows who he/her/them are) --it's prob. Chris Reece
Add2Basket
PROFF
Paul Keeley
Michael Cassette, Komytea, Squash 84
EDX
MANGO
Kyau & Albert
John Dalhback
Joonas Hahmo
Interplay
Ben Preston
Adam K & Soha
Sultan
Markus Schulz
James Zabiela (missed him last year)
Andy Moor
Gareth Emery

digitaldragon03
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Nicholas Bennison plz.

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
yeah digital he is good! Anyone will do... We just need this genre in the sahara.

Stork
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
How bout actually getting The Field this year?

PassiveTheory
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Now this is a suggestions thread I can dig, unlike the fuck face threads where morons beg for Armin Van Buuren.

thegateisdown
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
cheers! squarepusher please! Matmos! or some 8-bitpeoples stuff...more wierd stuff...a la AFX for me.

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Now this is a suggestions thread I can dig, unlike the fuck face threads where morons beg for Armin Van Buuren.

high fife!

Brochella
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
How about some Nick Warren? Great DJ!

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
cheers! squarepusher please! Matmos! or some 8-bitpeoples stuff...more wierd stuff...a la AFX for me.
Squarepusher would be amazing! I dunno if he even perform anymore though hahaa

Stork
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
love Matmos

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
dinka is great one of his tracks is featured on PVD summer ibiza mix

-Gax-
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
sebastien leger! but i agree any of the mentioned djs especially prydz needs to play
get on it gv

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
sebastien leger! but i agree any of the mentioned djs especially prydz needs to play
get on it gv

Ya Leger, Arno Cost, Norman Doray...NOIR, Angello, Ingrosso, Axwell any of them! We need some Euro power here. Shits weak right now

-Gax-
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
ahhh mr arno cost
FUCK YES lol i agree with all those djs
i never understand y coachella always books electro djs
theres so many talented djs and they never bother to book them
BAD marketing imo

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
ahhh mr arno cost
FUCK YES lol i agree with all those djs
i never understand y coachella always books electro djs
theres so many talented djs and they never bother to book them
BAD marketing imo
Yeah it is horrible! Peep this video from Norman Doray in GOA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sen3Sf-x0kQ
Lucky Indians! Looks like an f'in blast...

morelifefucker
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
More non electro house please.

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 11:50 AM

there is too much electro this year. They barely spent anything on the ones they got too. I was at least expecting them to get DANGER... I wouldn't mind that: http://www.myspace.com/2emedanger

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/8803242/file.html
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/13891603/file.html
this is what I mean by progressive house. Is that too much to ask for!? This stuff is all around Europe but not so much here in the States. Deadmau5 was the one who I think introduced or made a movement of it here, but technically I used to love mau5 but he turned all ghey electro recently.

oKPSo
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Most definitely. The theme of last years Sahara was pretty heavy with the indie/electro but atleast there were some other good house/progressive/tech DJs to balance it out. This year, so far, not only has the same theme, but even some of the same performers... Surkin/Para/Drop the Lime. With the huge variety in the idm industry, I'm amazed that Coachella would want ANY artists to play consecutive years, just makes me feel bad for the acts (upcoming or already discovered) who are just as capable if not more capable to play Coachella for their first time. This year I would only be interested to see Gui, MANDY, Tellier, and Supermayer. Not that I don't like some electro, but I always thought of Coachella as a place to discover new artists/sub-genres or enjoy seeing a well known artist you rarely get to see.

My picks based on personal preference and their relevence to the GLOBAL scene would include:

- Funkagenda
- Bingo Players
- Aeroplane
- Axwell
- John Dahlback
- Prydz
- King Unique
- Paolo Mojo
- Arno Cost
- Thomas Gold
- Martijn Ten Velden
- Tocadisco
- TV Rock
- Micky Slim
- Dirty South
- Dave Spoon
- Guy J

There's definitely a lot of lesser known and newer artists than the above but it would be a little pointless to mention them. I've seen a few of the above before, but not very often and I don't think any of the above have played Coachella? Might be wrong...

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Most definitely. The theme of last years Sahara was pretty heavy with the indie/electro but atleast there were some other good house/progressive/tech DJs to balance it out. This year, so far, not only has the same theme, but even some of the same performers... Surkin/Para/Drop the Lime. With the huge variety in the idm industry, I'm amazed that Coachella would want ANY artists to play consecutive years, just makes me feel bad for the acts (upcoming or already discovered) who are just as capable if not more capable to play Coachella for their first time. This year I would only be interested to see Gui, MANDY, Tellier, and Supermayer. Not that I don't like some electro, but I always thought of Coachella as a place to discover new artists/sub-genres or enjoy seeing a well known artist you rarely get to see.

My picks based on personal preference and their relevence to the GLOBAL scene would include:

- Funkagenda
- Bingo Players
- Aeroplane
- Axwell
- John Dahlback
- Prydz
- King Unique
- Paolo Mojo
- Arno Cost
- Thomas Gold
- Martijn Ten Velden
- Tocadisco
- TV Rock
- Micky Slim
- Dirty South
- Dave Spoon
- Guy J

There's definitely a lot of lesser known and newer artists than the above but it would be a little pointless to mention them. I've seen a few of the above before, but not very often and I don't think any of the above have played Coachella? Might be wrong...

GREAT! See this is what I mean... all these farkin great artists that Coachella aren't giving a shot. They keep booking same acts! Your list is ace mate. Would love to see any of them on there.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
progressive/house preferably. All progressive music lovers are welcome to list all of your favorites that you are hoping will be added to the Sahara tent. There are way too many electro geeks this year and last year. Trance is another common genre that gets overplayed and I don't mind as long as it's not tiesto, armin, or pvd.

I dont know, crookers and bloody beetroots are the only two major electro acts I see. I think presets are more synth pop than electro. I'd like to see chemical brothers (live) up there but I say that every year.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I would like to see any of these:
Eric Prydz
16 BIt Lolitas
Jaytech
Claes Rosen
Dinka (even though no one knows who he/her/them are) --it's prob. Chris Reece
Add2Basket
PROFF
Paul Keeley
Michael Cassette, Komytea, Squash 84
EDX
MANGO
Kyau & Albert
John Dalhback
Joonas Hahmo
Interplay
Ben Preston
Adam K & Soha
Sultan
Markus Schulz
I second this list...

R41N570RM
01-30-2009, 01:13 PM
does anyone dig Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso?

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
does anyone dig Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso?

Yes... Axwell would do too. Hell even Laidback Luke, throw him in.

R41N570RM
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Yes... Axwell would do too. Hell even Laidback Luke, throw him in.

Laidback Luke, I would love to see him.

Spongehead56
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
They should throw John Dahlback on there. He's progressive enough to provide variety, but electro enough to entertain the less techno savvy.

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm just tired of seeing the same names on the list 2 years in a row, as i'm sure most of you are too.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Paul Van Dyk?? Seen him put on a killer set here last year...

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
too old school and trancey for my tastes now and I could swear that he puts on an act when he is up there (acting like he presses different buttons when it is all the music) ...Lazy, but he's done good things for the scene. Seen him twice before.

Distorted_Jungle
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Swedish House Mafia(Eric Prydz, Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso)!!!! would be fuckin EPIC!! They are playing Ultra the month before so please add them!

DinkaRosen
01-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Swedish House Mafia(Eric Prydz, Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso)!!!! would be fuckin EPIC!! They are playing Ultra the month before so please add them!

8=========D material

Distorted_Jungle
01-30-2009, 01:31 PM
They have an essential mix from Radio 1 i downloaded a while back shit is sick but i don't know where to find it now. But thats the killer set right there one of the only things i'm sad i'm not going to get to see at ultra this year

R41N570RM
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
They have an essential mix from Radio 1 i downloaded a while back shit is sick but i don't know where to find it now. But thats the killer set right there one of the only things i'm sad i'm not going to get to see at ultra this year

you want the Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso essential mix?
PM me, I'll hook you up...

Diggity [B]
01-30-2009, 01:36 PM

edc? definitely a great set.

chris lake and sebastian leger would be my choices.

CSebastian
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/3224071376_9f01b3b797.jpg

I enjoyed this last year

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
True, true...just threw it out there...

I like the lists above...any of them...

And even the big names in the Sahara this year, I've heard of them, but haven't actually listened to much of them...so, I'm sort of not down with the tent this year...but, hey, it's where I'll spend most of my time!

I guess I'll get my ears opened to some new stuff...

Vic Viper
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
PROGRESSIVE ISN'T A STYLE OF MUSIC HOLY SHIT.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Matthew Dekay...

bacterialgeneralporin
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Only Sasha and Digweed can save Saturday's line-up.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 03:23 PM
They were too deep for me last year...I was in the middle of the tent, and it just never reached lift-off...

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Claes Rosen...

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Angello and Axwell have said that Prydz isnt part of Swed House Mafia anymore..

but id be down for:
swedish house
pryda
armin
andy moor
markus schulz
edx
adam k soha
daniel kandi
16 bit lolitas
arnej
sied van riel
sander van doorn
moby dj set
chem bros
dj shah!
super 8 and tab
kaskade
dubfire
tocadisco

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Super 8 & Tab...love em...

16 Bit Lolita's....yeah...

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Dj Dan, Bart B, Hatiras, Wolfgang Gartner, Laidback Luke, Angello Ingrosso

sportsbunny
01-30-2009, 10:13 PM
If I can't have techno I'd rather have electro than f'in trance!

one2fast
01-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Super 8 & Tab...love em...

16 Bit Lolita's....yeah...

hell yea i like ur style! super8 & tab all the way cant go wrong with them!

and for the guy on top techno sux nuthin good has come from that part for awhile now.electro's kool but it will be waterdown soon since its getting rly famous nowdays but better then trance? get the fuk out thats real music right there my personal favorite of all genres.

sportsbunny
01-30-2009, 10:51 PM
hell yea i like ur style! super8 & tab all the way cant go wrong with them!

and for the guy on top techno sux nuthin good has come from that part for awhile now.electro's kool but it will be waterdown soon since its getting rly famous nowdays but better then trance? get the fuk out thats real music right there my personal favorite of all genres.

ugghh! To each his own

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-30-2009, 11:24 PM
I would be down for any one or two of these as a late ( realistic add on ):

DeadMau5 ( my bet if )
Digitalism
Diplo
Dirty South
Don Rimini
Dr.Lektroluv
Eric Prydz
Fake Blood
Feadz
Kid CuDi
Laidback Luke
Lorin Bassnector
Moby
Modeselektor
Mr.Oizo
Soul wax
Sebastian
Tepr
Yuksek
Z-Trip

DinkaRosen
01-31-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hhbR3SQ4uo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD3YvkwhU10
16 BIT LOLITAS! Tell me that doesn't look fun. They pwn the shit out of everything...

Brochella
01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Only Sasha and Digweed can save Saturday's line-up.

down with the sasha and digweed love, but not even those two could save saturday's lineup. the sahara on saturday is seriously depressing

whinywhiner
01-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Hell yea +1 to this entire thread, throw on / replace one act each day (so 3 total) with any of the djs mentioned in this thread and my EDM thirst will be satiated.

buymarshon
01-31-2009, 11:08 AM
give Angello and Ingrosso a duel 90-120 minute set on Sunday! and put Axwell on Friday or Saturday!

and then give us:
AVB or Markus Schulz
David Guetta
Super 8 & Tab
Kaskade

whinywhiner
01-31-2009, 11:09 AM
^ LOL wrong dude wth, David Guetta? Go back to NJ please.