PDA

View Full Version : anyone see people passing out?

airguitarvet
01-20-2007, 07:52 PM
in line to get in?
i remember in 02 the girls were passing out here and there. everywhere.

rampaige
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw a guy pass out during the Magic Numbers set last year. He was fading in and out until his friends dumped a bottle of water over his head. He was ***tty much a goner after that.

boyalien0
01-20-2007, 09:24 PM
i remember just last year in the mad fight to get out through the one open gate at the end of the evening an ambulance cart had to drive through a sea of shoulder-to-shoulder people. i just assume it was because some poor soul passed out. however, i admit i was not witness to anything. unfortunately.

C DUB YA
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
plenty passed out in 04 - mainly cause Danny Devito was spotted eating Churros in a leopard speedo

boyalien0
01-20-2007, 10:01 PM
zing!

Carlo Von Sexron
01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm sorry, but how dumb to you have to be that you're so ill ***pared for the festival that you pass out.
Water is $2 a bottle.
Budget for water.
Buy said water and drink it throughout the day.
Worst case scenario, drink from the faucet.

heimer
01-20-2007, 11:38 PM
i remember just last year in the mad fight to get out through the one open gate at the end of the evening an ambulance cart had to drive through a sea of shoulder-to-shoulder people. i just assume it was because some poor soul passed out. however, i admit i was not witness to anything. unfortunately.I was in that crowd, right be the gate when it went through. I decided next year, if the crowd was like that, I too would "pass out" and have a "taxi" take me to my vehicle as well.

summerkid
01-20-2007, 11:52 PM
they probably consumed alcohol or other drugs or were idiots and didn't ***pare themselves for the heat. I never understood drinking at concerts. It seems like a terrible combo to me.

C DUB YA
01-21-2007, 12:11 AM
esp in the desert!

JelloPuddingChat
01-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Last year me and some guy helped carry a girl to the first aid tent after TVOTR...That's about it.

airguitarvet
01-21-2007, 08:09 AM
did u cop a feel?

TheWatcher
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
In the line in 2004, we were there about 2 hours before the gate opened, near the front. At least one person threw up all over the place and was passing out. Seemed like too much partying the night before.

Leaving on the second night of 2006, saw a young man sprawled on the grass, with paramedics working on him. Not sure what happened there.

AEversW
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
this guy passed out right next to me during Atmosphere set last year. Slug stopped right in the middle of the song and the kid got carried up to the front and watched the rest of his set from the side of the stage.

cosmic hearse
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
i saw Hare Krishnas passing out complementary books for a small donation in the parking lot

suprefan
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I was sweating up a store back in 2003 waiting in the huuge line to get in.. never happend since because of the camper entrance...

Robosexual
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
My friend passed out right before the Cure came on in '04. I had to pull him out of the crowd, all 230 lbs.

rampaige
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
i saw Hare Krishnas passing out complementary books for a small donation in the parking lot

My friend and I both got one of those books. It provided some brief entertainment on the flight home.

fatbastard
01-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I remember someone at the Clap your hands and say yeah pass out in the photo area. Two security guys carried him out on their shoulders.

R3d Snapper
01-22-2007, 10:05 PM
it seemed like someone passed out every 5 mins in the first 50 feet from the mainstage after massive attacks set and during tool, i dont blame them, it was hot and sweaty as shit. There was also someone who was apparently having a heart attack, his wife and son were frantic to leave the crowd

DigOphelia
01-23-2007, 12:47 AM
In 2003 I passed out during Sonic Youth. It was still the heat of the day and I'm not used to desert weather and it doesn't help that I'm short so when standing in a closely knit crowd I rarely feel the fresh air. About halfway through the set I started feeling dizzy and then a little cold. I knew I needed to get some water. As I tried to make my way back through the crowd which had grown substantially since I had first stood there my knees started getting weak and my eyelids started getting really heavy. Suddenly I couldn't hold myself up anymore and "passed out" though I didn't loose conciousness or anything, just control of my major motor functions. Luckily, when I passed out there happened to be someone sitting on the ground near where I was and someone helped me lay hear them. The funny thing was it was a friend of mine who I didn't even know was there that day. I think she thought I did it on purpose.

But yeah, I drank water and got better. Now I don't stand in the crowd until the sun starts to set. The end.

ILikeCheese
01-23-2007, 12:55 AM
ugh, yeah

tehsonofhud
01-23-2007, 04:33 AM
i passed out during mogwai in 2006.

some guy woke me up and my friend had to lead me out of the crowd. i had no vision at the time, and he was practically blind from the lights during the show.

i also lost my hat.

JelloPuddingChat
01-23-2007, 05:27 AM
That's weird seeing how their set was at night. Were you there all day in the crowd?

TwilightSociety
01-23-2007, 06:23 AM
I've had some concert buddies pass out on me. On Day 1 of 2003, a girl I took to the show, first concert ever, passed out while waiting in line to get into the venue. We had brought 3 bottles of water just for waiting in line (we got there at 9:00 am, since it was my first Coachella and I wasn't too sure of protocol), but had gone through them by 10:30.

On Day 2 of 2004, another girl I took passed out during Muse's mid-afternoon set on the Main Stage. As those who were there remember, 2004 was the most brutal year heat-wise.

On Day 2 of 2006, both the guy and the girl I took were struggling during Matisyahu and The Magic Numbers, but they were able to stay coherent. We went under one of the food tents and had lots of fluids and cold things until Madonna's set, some 4 hours later.

tehsonofhud
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
That's weird seeing how their set was at night. Were you there all day in the crowd?

yes, i was.

laurensmackho
01-23-2007, 06:56 AM
it seemed like someone passed out every 5 mins in the first 50 feet from the mainstage after massive attacks set and during tool, i dont blame them, it was hot and sweaty as shit. There was also someone who was apparently having a heart attack, his wife and son were frantic to leave the crowd

I was one of those people. I'm pretty tiny and it was shoulder to shoulder with people. I'd like to think it was the sexiness of Massive Attack that got me, but it was that last cup' o wine probably.

myxomatosis
01-23-2007, 02:56 PM
BECK in '04. Surprise addition in the smallest tent on the with the back of the tent facing west at 3pm --- I probably saw 20 people passed out and carried out of there...it was so hot his instruments weren't even working right...

GTI_GRL
01-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I saw some white hippie guy with dreads pass out during D. Jr Gong Marley. His friends were helping him, and security jumped over the fence to make room so he can get air. He came to, the security left, he smoked some more weed, and everything was good.

KenMixtape
01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
In 2005 I saw a guy passed out in the Sahara tent... at 4pm the first day. There was a pattern of projectile vomit on the tent wall behind his head.
Yay for getting as drunk as you possibly can before entering a sweltering heat daytime festival!

thebattleofphoenix
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I've seen people pass out every year I've been there. Every year....

bartelby
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
funny, i've been there for the past 3 years and still haven't seen any passouts...(crosses fingers)

don't booze in the sun!

stuthefunk
01-25-2007, 01:53 PM
My girlfriend is not made for HUGE shows with loud music and screaming and shouting...

she passed out into my arms after getting frantically excited watching franz ferdinand...

I carried her out of the crowd and let her rest for the rest for the remainder of the show, after awhile she came to and was ok.. and she said it was because of all the smoke. (smelled like weed), I think it was a sensory overload, we had one beer and it was cool in the evening when it happened

Meadowsmeister
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
i hope i pass out!

durrrrrrrrdee
01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
last year while watching common some chick infront of me started passing out and was about to drop but me and some other random grrl caught her. we dragged her out to get air and another person saw what happened and passed us some water to put on her. i had a heinny fan so we put her in some shade with water and that.

me and the grrl that dragged her out both thought the other one knew her yet neither one of us did. it was funny when we figured that out.

Somewhat Damaged
01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Waiting for Madonna last year, some guy just bulled his way through the crowd, throwing elbows and blithering like an idiot, "Get the fuck out of my way!!" Must've been having a bad trip.

TheGuvna
01-31-2007, 07:19 AM
One poor soul prior to the Damian Marley set in '06. We lost a lot of good men that year.

thaipod
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
I pass out every year. In my tent at around 1AM.

Seriously though, last year, I did see a chick get hit by one of those electric carts right by the entrance. It may have broke her leg, I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

DenverSanFranConnection
01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
I pass out 8 nights a week

klepto
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
I saw one guy get dragged past me on the main stage who had passed out and pissed himself. He looked fuxed up...

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
In 05 during the Snow Patrol set some dude passed out right next to me and sort of flailed into me so I had to help catch him along with another guy who standing by me. It was the first time I'd ever seen anyone really and truly pass out and it was freaky. His eyes rolled back into his head and his arms/legs went all limp and literally felt like lead. He woke up about a minute later and seemed disoriented and embarrassed, but ok.

victoratomic
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
One of my friends passed out during one of the afternoon sets, she got carried backstage and was givin water and a trash bag to throw up in as Danny Masterson watched and winked. I guess you still can look cute while barfing.

-Vixs

GnarVee
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
in the crowd for TOOL last year........people were dropping like flies......

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2007, 11:28 AM
in line to get in?
i remember in 02 the girls were passing out here and there. everywhere.

I seen this Happen EVERY YEAR SINCE 01'

Mr.Nipples
02-05-2007, 12:05 PM
the guy who was selling us E back in 06 passed out while we were talking to him...it was like watching a toy slowly shut down in part to dying batteries. we decided not to drop that night.

SkinnyBalink
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I saw one of the security guards pass out during The Walkmen's set last year. She was an older woman and she was not looking too good when they finally got her onto the little cart and drove her away.

keybump
02-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Many, many people went down during Janes Addiction in '01.