PDA

View Full Version : Hey Coachella, Why did WEEN turn you down?

hannibul
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
bummer.

at least I finally get to see Paul McCartney Live

Jremy
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Are you sure ween was even approached.

Jremy
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I love ween, and i could totally see them just passing on Coachella, even though it's amazing.

hannibul
01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
i am just being a punk.
I do like the line up.... a lot.

westcoastpirate
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
But did you see Ween this week?

nbvcide
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM
i'm glad Ween didn't play..

i'm also glad Coldplay, Air, Jack Johnson, Amy Winehouse, Widespread Panic & Kings of Leon didn't play as well..

this lineup was 95% perfect, as was last year's..

Sleepingrock
09-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Wine house > MIA

Winehouse has a wonderful voice!!! She just kinda fucked with crack too much

nbvcide
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
ugh

MIA > Winehouse

winehouse's voice is/was great on album, and in the gobi years ago, but not since.. MIA is still entertaining (when the sahara house lights aren't being brought up anyway)
nobody was even interested in watching Winehouse at Coach '09, except for curiosity in wanting to check out a trainwreck..

malcolmjamalawesome
09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
MJA > Winehouse

nbvcide
09-04-2009, 05:16 PM
MJA > all

M Sparks
09-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Funny this thread was on top...Ween was playing in my town tonight with Meat Puppets. Probably should have gone, but didn't want to spend the money. I went to a free bar show instead that sounded cool...can't remember the name, but they had an upright piano on rockers. But there was some opening band that was just these endlessly lame folk rock songs, and I couldn't take them any more, so I left. As I was heading for the door, the singer said "Thanks for not going to see Ween tonight."

alex gardner
09-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Funny this thread was on top...Ween was playing in my town tonight with Meat Puppets. Probably should have gone, but didn't want to spend the money. I went to a free bar show instead that sounded cool...can't remember the name, but they had an upright piano on rockers. But there was some opening band that was just these endlessly lame folk rock songs, and I couldn't take them any more, so I left. As I was heading for the door, the singer said "Thanks for not going to see Ween tonight."

i thought you got free tickets to pma shows?? no go??

M Sparks
09-05-2009, 09:26 AM
They haven't been doing TV ads this year.

MeowMixer
09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
MJA > Winehouse

MJA > all

by the law of syllogism....

YES

westcoastpirate
09-05-2009, 03:41 PM

I was at Ween with the Meat Puppets last night and I must say you missed out.

Took shots with the drummer from Ween at the Monte Vista after.