PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

L2000
01-30-2009, 08:08 AM
I have to admit my friends and I are disappointed with the lineup a second year in a row. Most of the major people I want to see has played at past coachella's and most of the headliners have played recent shows in Southern California through KROQ or other means (Killers/The Cure).

I miss the days of getting bands like Depeche Mode, Rage against the Machine, Tool, Bjork, Red Hot chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, She wants Revenge etc. I have been to 5 coachella's. My friend and I all had our hotels booked since September and are considering cancelling. We are holding out to see if any other major headliners decide to sign (like last years Prince).

I was hoping to see rumored headliners like Muse, David Bowie, Radiohead or other bands that are creating or had recently released CD's (No doubt, Kanye West, Paramore, etc).

NicoDread
01-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Seriously, do none of you look past the second line?

JustSteve
01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
love people that go through the hassle of signing up just to make one ranting post...

amidoingitwrite
01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
heres a bunny to cheer you up
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1229571261894.jpg

humanoid
01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
heres a bunny to cheer you up
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1229571261894.jpg

hard to be mad after that

Leckie
01-30-2009, 08:21 AM
gotta love the people that feel ENTITLED to something. go start your own festival. if you don't like this one, don't buy a ticket. simple as that, crybaby.

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I have to admit my friends and I are disappointed with the lineup a second year in a row. Most of the major people I want to see has played at past coachella's and most of the headliners have played recent shows in Southern California through KROQ or other means (Killers/The Cure).

I miss the days of getting bands like Depeche Mode, Rage against the Machine, Tool, Bjork, Red Hot chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, She wants Revenge etc.

Kroq has booked all of the bands you miss with the exception of 1 or 2 maybe

so it's kind of contradicting yourself

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
You are a disappointment the whole undercard is great...

watercurses
01-30-2009, 08:36 AM
i am disappointed too. there are a few that might be worth the drive like girl talk, bjm, beirut etc.

the cure headlined a few years ago... so that is lame. and the killers? boring. paul mccartney is cool. it would have been nice if they could have pulled together 3 broken up old bands that people are dying to see reunite, like... uhhh PAVEMENT?

but seriously, no animal collective or panda bear? hmm... they better pull a crazy stunt for a last minute add on.

watercurses
01-30-2009, 08:37 AM
gotta love the people that feel ENTITLED to something. go start your own festival. if you don't like this one, don't buy a ticket. simple as that, crybaby.

you're right, i guess we SHOULDN'T have expectations. the days of great coachella line-ups have been gone for years. silly us.

microcuts
01-30-2009, 08:38 AM
i am disappointed too. there are a few that might be worth the drive like girl talk, bjm, beirut etc.

the cure headlined a few years ago... so that is lame.

It was five years ago. And if Radiohead did the same thing you'd probably hear no complaining. So go away.

C DUB YA
01-30-2009, 08:39 AM

the cure headlined a few years ago... so that is lame. and the killers? boring. paul mccartney is cool. it would have been nice if they could have pulled together 3 broken up old bands that people are dying to see reunite, like... uhhh PAVEMENT?

but seriously, no animal collective or panda bear? hmm... they better pull a crazy stunt for a last minute add on.

The Cure headlining is NOT lame at all.

after 3 shows - I wouldn't cross the street for Girl talk.

Pavement woulda been nice though - I too am surprised by no Animal or Panda

captncrzy
01-30-2009, 08:41 AM

I miss the days of getting bands like Depeche Mode, Rage against the Machine, Tool, Bjork, Red Hot chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, She wants Revenge etc. I have been to 5 coachella's. My friend and I all had our hotels booked since September and are considering cancelling. We are holding out to see if any other major headliners decide to sign (like last years Prince).

I was hoping to see rumored headliners like Muse, David Bowie, Radiohead or other bands that are creating or had recently released CD's (No doubt, Kanye West, Paramore, etc).

Idiot

humanoid
01-30-2009, 08:46 AM

so you want to go to a KROQ festival?

MonsoonSeason
01-30-2009, 08:51 AM

superchunk and x and throbbing gristle are reuniting right? those are pretty dang good, I'd say

plus my bloody valentine and like 40 other awesome bands I mean come on

Odin 8
01-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I have been to the last three Coachella festivals, and from my (personal) experience the headliners are only a fraction of the enjoyment of the weekend. The second and third tier bands offer those not excited about the headliners something more. My favorite is finding new bands/performers out of the rest of the liner up. Add that in with going with a group of good friends, and it's a wonderful experience if you enjoy that.

I just find it hard to be so disappointed with the line up unless you dislike almost the entire line up.

humanoid
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I have been to the last three Coachella festivals, and from my (personal) experience the headliners are only a fraction of the enjoyment of the weekend. The second and third tier bands offer those not excited about the headliners something more. My favorite is finding new bands/performers out of the rest of the liner up. Add that in with going with a group of good friends, and it's a wonderful experience if you enjoy that.

I just find it hard to be so disappointed with the line up unless you dislike almost the entire line up.

or if you don't really know who a bunch of the performers are

tyles
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM

You mentioned She Wants Revenge with a list of mostly great bands. Instant Fail.

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
X is great I saw them in San Jose at the Sofa Street Fair, at least 7-8 years ago...

freshdirect
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
i hate when people bitch about the lineup. dont go if you don't like it. and you don't have to make a post about it. coachella is awesome no matter the lineup. its all about unity, music, sunshine, and love yo

drewdrewdrew
01-30-2009, 09:28 AM

You Fail.
I hope you and your friends stay home.

Tool? Fuck off.

Paramore? Thats the line mate.

higgybaby23
01-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Seriously, do none of you look past the second line?

I don't think some look past the first.

fakeplastique
01-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Paramore? Thats the line mate.

seconded.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
IMost of the major people I want to see has played at past coachella's

Oh, has they's?

goodgrl
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Merge_sign.svg/600px-Merge_sign.svg.png

humanoid
01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh, has they's?

theys hases!!!

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't get why people book hotels seven months in advance if there's the chance they wouldn't want to even go to the festival based on the lineup. Why take that chance? I would only book that far out if I was going no matter what. Or if I was prepared to just sell my reservation if the lineup wasn't up to my liking.

DRcube
01-30-2009, 10:05 AM

dont even worry dude, Weenie roast will be fucken dope!!!!

hopefully they Hollywood UNDEAD again, they were fucken bomb dawg

:rolleyes

oftheheartofthesoul
01-30-2009, 08:25 PM

Aww, I'm sorry. Goodbye.

caljona
01-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Saw the Cure last time they played Coachella and was impressed, never was a big fan before then, but have listened more since. It's cool at the end of a long festival to sing along to songs everyone knows.

tigermilkboy
01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
There are plenty of other festivals in the world, here are three I am going to again this year-as well as coachella!

http://www.pinkpop.nl/page.php?pagID=421
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/2009/forside/system/nyheder/

Roskilde and Glastonbury are the most awesome festivals! If coachella this year isn't your thing then try something new!