PDA

View Full Version : TRV$DJ-AM

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I guess having your friends killed gets you on the Coachella lineup.

There, I said it, and I feel better now.

davrone
01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I LOL'D

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 08:02 AM
sad but true

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 08:03 AM
PT threw them a sympathy bone.

Jerm05
wow...haha thats fucked up but funny

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
You know if that never happened. They wouldn't be on the poster.

The Truth.

Mak Attack
The one name I wish wasn't on the poster.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 08:04 AM
I saw their show last weekend, it was a lot of fun

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
I saw their show last weekend, it was a lot of fun

sympathy vote.

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 08:08 AM
sympathy vote.

Novelty act.

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
It's like the Burger King commercial where the chickens are in the band.

In that both bands got cooked.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
lol you guys are dumb as fuck

dj am and travis barker are both completely pro at what they do, i'm sorry it's not radiohead

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-30-2009, 08:16 AM
lol you guys are dumb as fuck

dj am and travis barker are both completely pro at what they do, i'm sorry it's not radiohead

I'm sorry it's not about 100 other DJ's that are better and more talented. And that is a serious understatement. Really, I can name 100 acts that should be on that poster instead of them.

Also, I hate radiohead.

Jerm05
01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
for real...i thought their 'melt your face' mix wasn't bad...i think there should be more lashing about Steve fuckin Aoki being in the lineup

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 08:21 AM
aoki, dj am, travis barker are playing the sahara tent this year guys.

RIP Sahara

Mr.Nipples
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
melt your face?

thats funny

shotglass75
01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Fine DJ AM sucks. i don't know because i never have listened to him. BUT, Travis Barker on the drums is pretty fucking impressive to watch.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 08:27 AM
DJ AM is one of the best DJs in the world true story

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 08:29 AM
My face is melting...
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/two-face.JPG

CalmerThanYou
01-30-2009, 08:29 AM
This is going to be fucking awesome in the sahara...live drums and a DJ?

What isnt cool about that?

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Well this is truly the budgetchella everyone was talking about.. About 12 of those DJ's are based in LA/California.. So I guess they can just drive to the festival like the rest of us.. Where are the internationally bookings?

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-30-2009, 08:31 AM
If they play every week on Sunset Blvd, it doesn't make them special.. or decent.. or worth booking..

travolta
01-30-2009, 08:33 AM

dj am

beckylyn

that's really, really awful.

Trick Loves The Kids
haterssssss

Boourns
01-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I hope he dons the Faux Punk fatigues again. The Sahara will be burning up!

Imagine the stampede after everyone gets their "OMG DAFT PUNK IN THE SAHARA!" texts

Jerm05
01-30-2009, 08:36 AM
AM was one of the most fun sets at lolla last year..tru spit

watercurses
01-30-2009, 08:46 AM
they will never compare to GIRL TALK. if you want to see a good dj, see him.

i will promise you, every single one of you, girl talk is worth watching no matter what.

watercurses
01-30-2009, 08:46 AM
NO ONE will be disappointed

Mr.Nipples
01-30-2009, 08:48 AM
fuck girl turd

freshdirect
01-30-2009, 09:11 AM

RIP Sahara

it pisses me off because they are all bff and fucking aoki plays like every year. what the fuck he isn't good.

WhyTheLongFace
01-30-2009, 09:12 AM
so much NaCl in here

nationocean
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
it pisses me off because they are all bff and fucking aoki plays like every year. what the fuck he isn't good.

it really does hurt the EPIC status the sahara provides. it is WEAK SAUZE!

Botrocker
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Just politics of stuff in Southern California. I'm sure all the artists you mention will play very early on and it will not be that big of a deal.

M Sparks
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I thought they were horribly burned or injured.

They were on the Woodies awards backing people up...they played with the Ting Tings, and maybe Lykke Li. Pretty good actually.

nationocean
01-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I heart Lykke Li. I'm skeptical of DJ AM/Travis though. We shall see I guess.

WoollyMammoth
01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
What if suddenly on Saturday night...Daft Punk landed their spaceship on the Sahara stage after beaming up AM and Barker, got out and played a Robot Rock remix complete with live drums? Fuck my life...

Dj Fashen > Aoki

Robototron
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM
DJ AM is only technically a good DJ. In terms of song selection and shit like that he is awful. TRAVetc is going to suck ass.

TheWatcher
01-30-2009, 10:29 AM

i will promise you, every single one of you, girl talk is worth watching no matter what.

I will be as far from Girl Talk as is possible. If for some god-forsaken reason they are before some band I actually want to see I will be bringing industrial earplugs!!!

feather
01-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Sad to say, but I agree.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Girl Talk isn't a DJ and I last saw him in 06, but all his shows since have looked like they had awful crowds.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
DJ AM is only technically a good DJ. In terms of song selection and shit like that he is awful. TRAVetc is going to suck ass.

He plays a lot of mainstream shit, that's the kind of DJ he is, and he's one of the best at it.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
He plays a lot of mainstream shit, that's the kind of DJ he is, and he's one of the best at it.

Just not my taste, really. I do agree with you that he gets a bad rep on here and other places, though. The guy is much better than Steve Aoki and guys like that, but he's always lumped in with them. I guess it kind of makes sense, that's the crew he usually rolls with, but he's actually a pretty talented DJ as far as skill goes, whether his style suits you or not.

braxtron
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I saw Girl Talk...I love Girl Talk but the show sucked. It wasn't his fault tho, security was going nuts and kept stopping the music and the whole crowd was full of bros/frat boys. I've only heard DJ AM's mixes (nothing live) but it's dope and I'll be at his set definitely. Also Travis Barker is an awesome drummer to see.

SFChrissy
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't gotten to this yet but when I saw it on the lineup I asked myself is this what I think it is...

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM

ooooooooohhhh, live drums.

wow, some people are very easily impressed.

insbordnat
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
.. So I guess they can just drive to the festival like the rest of us.. Where are the internationally bookings?

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be flying anytime soon, even though you can fly from LA to Palm Springs Airport.

I was looking for an article that talked about Travis Barker's fear of flying, but now I see how retarded this guy is for so many reasons:

Drummer Travis Barker is on the mend after being involved in the jet crash that injured he and his friend, DJ AM, and killed four others. Barker suffered second and third degree burns on his hands and lower body but was able to give an interview to Us magazine during his stay at the Grossman Burn Treatment center in L.A.

He says: "I hate planes. My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened Ö well, Iím just thankful to be alive! Iím just grateful to be here at all."

"I am doing the best I can possibly be. Iím so anxious to get out of here. ÖIíve just been in surgery after surgery. I have third degree burns basically from my feet up to my waist and both hands. One of my hands was second degree burns and one was third degree burns. Iím trying to have a quick recovery and play the drums again and be able to hold my kids again. Iím going nuts not being able to see them and spend time with them!"

The long-time vegetarian says he willingly gave up his restrictive diet in order to speed up his recovery: "I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, íThereís a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.í So I did. I donít regret it at all, I feel so much better."

Barker - who hated flying BEFORE the crash must really be terrified to fly now. He says he refused to fly cross country after the crash to get to the burn center, so he traveled from Georgia to California by bus!

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM

you must be 15

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah what a fucking loser, he had a traumatic experience and it affected his life. What a fuck-up!!!!!

Robototron
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
If Barker crashed again on the way to the burn center I would've lol'd.

SFChrissy
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
tom sawyer??? might be cool ambiant music while chilling out taking a break...

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Just not my taste, really. I do agree with you that he gets a bad rep on here and other places, though. The guy is much better than Steve Aoki and guys like that, but he's always lumped in with them. I guess it kind of makes sense, that's the crew he usually rolls with, but he's actually a pretty talented DJ as far as skill goes, whether his style suits you or not.

Dude, he's ridiculous. I can totally understand not liking the shit he plays because he caters a lot to the top 40 club crowd (although he played Justice at the DJAM/Travis show last week) but he's an amazing DJ. The shit he does with serato is mind-blowing.

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Dude, he's ridiculous. I can totally understand not liking the shit he plays because he caters a lot to the top 40 club crowd (although he played Justice at the DJAM/Travis show last week) but he's an amazing DJ. The shit he does with serato is mind-blowing.

so he played justice. what is your point?

peterluber
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I will be as far from Girl Talk as is possible. If for some god-forsaken reason they are before some band I actually want to see I will be bringing industrial earplugs!!!

Good, we don't want you there.

Shooters08
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I will check them out if there is nothing else going on and I don't have to poop. Travis is a bad ass drummer but I could give two shits about AM. He is just a dj and I have friends that can spin as good as him. He just got lucky

jjbaldwi
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
This is going to be a fun show. Take it or leave it...

Trick Loves The Kids
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I will check them out if there is nothing else going on and I don't have to poop. Travis is a bad ass drummer but I could give two shits about AM. He is just a dj and I have friends that can spin as good as him. He just got lucky

no, you don't. your friends are lying to you, or you have no idea what makes a good dj.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Dave and I agree with whatever Trick says.

jjbaldwi
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I must admit: Trick knows his shit

jjbaldwi
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
He was all over Girl Talk last year too

who8me2k7
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
i like DJAM and think travis is very talented. Despite his daft punk getup at HARD, he ripped.

Rockstarboy37
02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Blink 182, +44, now this?

I only expect a shiny gem from this act. A big ol' shiny shit colored gem.

hawkingvsreeve
02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be flying anytime soon, even though you can fly from LA to Palm Springs Airport.

I was looking for an article that talked about Travis Barker's fear of flying, but now I see how retarded this guy is for so many reasons:

Drummer Travis Barker is on the mend after being involved in the jet crash that injured he and his friend, DJ AM, and killed four others. Barker suffered second and third degree burns on his hands and lower body but was able to give an interview to Us magazine during his stay at the Grossman Burn Treatment center in L.A.

He says: "I hate planes. My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened Ö well, Iím just thankful to be alive! Iím just grateful to be here at all."

"I am doing the best I can possibly be. Iím so anxious to get out of here. ÖIíve just been in surgery after surgery. I have third degree burns basically from my feet up to my waist and both hands. One of my hands was second degree burns and one was third degree burns. Iím trying to have a quick recovery and play the drums again and be able to hold my kids again. Iím going nuts not being able to see them and spend time with them!"

The long-time vegetarian says he willingly gave up his restrictive diet in order to speed up his recovery: "I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, íThereís a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.í So I did. I donít regret it at all, I feel so much better."

Barker - who hated flying BEFORE the crash must really be terrified to fly now. He says he refused to fly cross country after the crash to get to the burn center, so he traveled from Georgia to California by bus!

There are a lot of stupid things I have read on this message board. Stupid rumors, stupid questions, people claiming that the Killers are a good band etc., but this is probably the stupidest shit I have seen on here in the last 6 months, if not longer. Are you fucking serious? You think he is "retarded" because he wants to heal quickly to get back to work and be with his kids? I have no words. No words.

moomoo
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
It took me one youtube video to realize how much I hate these guys. Not only are they sick fucks for suing the families etc etc etc But playing drums over Tom Sawyer is not fucking impressive at all.

FCIeOAzxbBI
THIS? IN THE SAHARA? LOL!
Huge disappointment that they are on the poster in the first place.

Rockstarboy37
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
playing drums over Tom Sawyer is not fucking impressive at all.

Amen brother.

hawkingvsreeve
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
You aren't going to like every single band on the lineup. Get over it.

quicksand
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I must admit: Trick knows his shit

Therefore we should all go watch two bros remix the shit we're gonna hear on the radio on the way into the festival? Fuck that. Fuck DJ AM. Fuck Travis Barker. They are talented. So what.

Cher is talented. Let's get her to play so we can all make the 'talent' argument against everyone that hates on her.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Tom Sawyer is not fucking impressive at all.

You anti American lit fucker.

malcolmjamalawesome
Therefore we should all go watch two bros remix the shit we're gonna hear on the radio on the way into the festival? Fuck that. Fuck DJ AM. Fuck Travis Barker. They are talented. So what.

Cher is talented. Let's get her to play so we can all make the 'talent' argument against everyone that hates on her.

Will you be choking cock in the Sahara this year and if so, at what time?

CalmerThanYou
FCIeOAzxbBI

oh boy. this is pretty bad.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I bet hanging out with these two SUCKS.

quicksand
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Will you be choking cock in the Sahara this year and if so, at what time?

Will you be making the same joke on this message board until April so you can avoid the fact that the Sahara is a fucking joke this year?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
You know who's a joke? [Post Deleted By Honeywell, Inc.]

quicksand
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
...That's a yes.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
What the fuck????!!!!!

Distorted_Jungle
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Well this is truly the budgetchella everyone was talking about.. About 12 of those DJ's are based in LA/California.. So I guess they can just drive to the festival like the rest of us.. Where are the internationally bookings?

yes all the DJ's are from LA here lets make a list

N.A.S.A.(New York)
Felix da Housecat (Chicago)
Craze & Klever (Miami)
MSTRKRFT(Canada)
Crookers(Italy)
The Bloody Beetroots(Italy)
Surkin & Para One(Paris)
Drop the Lime(New York)
Roni Size(UK)
M.A.N.D.Y.(Germany)

Thats not even all of them so that is a stupid statement

moomoo
02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
yes all the DJ's are from LA here lets make a list

N.A.S.A.(New York)
Felix da Housecat (Chicago)
Craze & Klever (Miami)
MSTRKRFT(Canada)
Crookers(Italy)
The Bloody Beetroots(Italy)
Surkin & Para One(Paris)
Drop the Lime(New York)
Roni Size(UK)
M.A.N.D.Y.(Germany)

Thats not even all of them so that is a stupid statement

SNAP SON

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Steve Aoki
Travis/DJAM
Klever (currently resides between)
MSTRKRFT (been based in LA for over 8 months now)
Christopher Lawrence (resides and produces)

also budgetchella, bargain basement prices:

Felix da Houscat
Crookers
Para One
drop the lime
NASA

i could book those with my own money.. not to mention they are in LA every year.

again, please mention why they are special...

moomoo
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Steve Aoki
Travis/DJAM

Felix da Houscat
Crookers
Para One
drop the lime
NASA

i could book those with my own money.. not to mention they are in LA every year.

SNAP SON

Distorted_Jungle
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Steve Aoki
Travis/DJAM

Felix da Houscat
Crookers
Para One
drop the lime
NASA

MSTRKRFT Regardless of where they are from are bad ass and Felix Murders it every time i see him and played in 2007 and it wasnt budget and if you can afford to book them yourself why arent you making money promoting partys and if you are going to complain and you can afford to book your own partys throw your own and don't go to coachella and cry about the talent

brando4n82
02-03-2009, 05:26 PM

RIP Sahara

This act will definitely be in the Mojave or something.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Steve Aoki
Travis/DJAM

Felix da Houscat
Crookers
Para One
drop the lime
NASA

If you have so much money, why don't you buy yourself some niceness because I do not consider you to be very nice at all.

AT ALL.

Brickhouse
02-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I saw them at the Heinken Light launch party in Miami during WMC 2007 (not by choice, went down with a friend who was working it). Even with free beer and perfect ten models walking around everywhere, it was rarely better than god awful. They recycle the same songs mash-up DJs have used for the last 5-6 years.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:34 PM
You act like you're such a big deal because you went to the Heineken Light Launch Party. Does it get lonely up there in your tower?

Brickhouse
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
There are always a fair amount of DJs with a LA connection of some kind that play Coachella. Not something new. I've heard even Daft Punk are LA-based these days. Doesn't change the fact Sahara as it currently stands sucks, but I don't think GV trying to use LA acts only has a cause/effect relationship.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
hahahahaha im sorry for those who are going to see this performance
expect me ANYWHERE but the sahara (as i think that's where he'll be playing) during his set.

brando4n82
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
You act like you're such a big deal because you went to the Heineken Light Launch Party. Does it get lonely up there in your tower?

I think he was actually trying to say that TRVSDJAM sucked when he saw them.

brando4n82
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
hahahahaha im sorry for those who are going to see this performance
expect me ANYWHERE but the sahara (as i think that's where he'll be playing) during his set.

Nope. Wont be playing in the Sahara

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
probably the gobi

not sure about the mojave

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Nope. Wont be playing in the Sahara

OH THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha
he didnt need to drag the saharas name through the mud :)

stephen22
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
You know if that never happened. They wouldn't be on the poster.

The Truth.

Actually if it never happened, no one would know who they are.

Are they a decent musical act? IMO Yes....But I cannot get past the fact DJ AM was in Crazy Town. CRAZY TOWN!

Brickhouse
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
He knows what I meant. MJA justs like to talk...and talk...and talk.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Fuckin' lurker.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey Brickhouse, have you seen these videos of DJ AM dressed in a Daft Punk outfit at HARD Halloween?

Brickhouse
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Just remember who introduced you to Coachella and to Dave Wang.

I'd like to take this moment to apologize to the Coachella Message Board for that.

DJdharma
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey, come on, frat boys gotta have somthin to listen to while thery're gettin drunk and high fivin. And TRAV$DJ-AM wont be playin the Sahara, they'll be playin at the pool at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
perfect setting for those fuckin' walking billboards

Brickhouse
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Just checked out some of them. Really? Sounds like he's just playing Alive straight through.

But it did make me wonder if Thomas Bangalter would wear that for a DJ set. I read somewhere that he was hoping to start playing them on occassion.

RE: Hey Brickhouse, have you seen these videos of DJ AM dressed in a Daft Punk outfit at HARD Halloween?

jjbaldwi
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Crazy town fuckin sucks... Weird how the drummer from Blink 182 and a dj from a notoriously rotten act come together to produce solid material

Tosh0
02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
their performance will = fail

psychoc&ndy
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
they use a fucking dollar sign in their name. i wonder if this will be their backdrop

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/R3dn3cKx69/famous_stars_straps.gif

Rockstarboy37
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Can't we all just bro along?

phareswheel
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
fuck girl turd

agreed
i just got done listening to Girl Talk's cd "unstoppable" and had to stop after a couple of songs

the mixing of all the songs is just too annoying in my opinion

Rockstarboy37
02-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Honestly I have Party Animals and at first I thought. Oh cool!

but the novelty wears off quick. I'm definitely gonna check out the live set though.

brando4n82
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
agreed
i just got done listening to Girl Talk's cd "unstoppable" and had to stop after a couple of songs

the mixing of all the songs is just too annoying in my opinion

He doesnt mix with that style anymore. Check his album night ripper if you care to.

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
AM was one of the most fun sets at lolla last year..tru spit

thats true, i was there.

CMRNDRGN
02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Amen brother.
This disgusts me. Leave the drumming to people that know what they are doing. Drumming from bands like Zep, The Who, and Rush needs to rest in Peace.

Or a last minute add of one of the above would be appreciated : )

NiceArthur32
02-03-2009, 10:56 PM
quit hating...

they are fuckin awesome...

PLUS

this means Warren G, Skinhead Rob AND PAUL WALL will be there too!!!

i saw them on NYE and they were fucking awesome....

Trick Loves The Kids
02-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Crazy town fuckin sucks... Weird how the drummer from Blink 182 and a dj from a notoriously rotten act come together to produce solid material

that is very funny actually

CMRNDRGN
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
they use a fucking dollar sign in their name. i wonder if this will be their backdrop

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/R3dn3cKx69/famous_stars_straps.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHA

sportsbunny
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM

I agree - and there's a sh*tload of great international acts in Miami a couple weeks earlier why not pick up some of them while they're in the States. I know, more Sahara to be announced but I hope its some higher quality acts, at least ones we don't normally have a chance to see without traveling.

rage patton
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Since no one else is playing Saturday, I will probably check them out.

Rockstarboy37
02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
This disgusts me. Leave the drumming to people that know what they are doing. Drumming from bands like Zep, The Who, and Rush needs to rest in Peace.

Or a last minute add of one of the above would be appreciated : )

I don't get it are you praising them or dissing them?

Compared to the amazing drumming skills of Neil Peart, Travis Barker is a novice at best. Plus Peart is the only one thats still alive.

You don't make a whole lot of sense.

sydaud
02-04-2009, 06:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Electronic_Music_Festival

All this talk of DJ's and the such has got me daydreaming about my favorite festival. The DEMF is three days (and long nights) of all things electronic. Click on the link and check out who's been here over the last three years. A damn good time is had by all.

redthreat
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Hey Brickhouse, have you seen these videos of DJ AM dressed in a Daft Punk outfit at HARD Halloween?

If he pulls that move again i'm throwing a shoe at him.

Though it was kinda cool at HARD.

Whatever.

miSTEVEious
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
DJ AM is one of the best DJs in the world true story

what a joke

i really hope nobody at coachella listens to your opinions when making decisions for the rest of us.

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Since no one else is playing Saturday, I will probably check them out.

what about Mastodon? Turbonegro? Henry Rollins?

does that not appeal to you?

quicksand
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
what about Mastodon? Turbonegro? Henry Rollins?

does that not appeal to you?

or any other band besides TRV$DJ-AM

betao
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
The problem with Girl Talk playing the sahara is that he'll attract a crowd of people who would otherwise never come to the sahara. It just wouldn't be the same.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-04-2009, 01:37 PM
what a joke

i really hope nobody at coachella listens to your opinions when making decisions for the rest of us.

who's your favorite DJ?

hawkingvsreeve
02-04-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.samlitzinger.com/images/broken_record.jpg

miSTEVEious
02-04-2009, 02:26 PM
who's your favorite DJ?

i don't really have a favorite but i can think of a few good adds for this coachella:

steve bug
sven vath
carl cox
konrad black

would all be sick.

sorry i'm just not into top 40 and hip hop and to say that any dj is the best dj is just asinine. he's not even a turntablist nor does he have serious skills, he just uses serato with his latest pre-produced mashups.

add the drummer from blink 182 and...it still sucks!

Trick Loves The Kids
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I said he was one of the best, which he is. What I meant was he's one of the best at that top40/mashup style... of course it's ridiculous to claim anyone is the world's best DJ (because Tiesto already holds that spot) and it's equally ridiculous to compare DJAM and Carl Cox because they have nothing in common except that they're both DJs. And you're wrong on the pre-produced mashups thing, I mean he does play some of those but he also does a lot of live blends and remixes. He does have a lot of routines he plays over and over but when they work and are tight and the people want to hear them, why not.

sportsbunny
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM

All this talk of DJ's and the such has got me daydreaming about my favorite festival. The DEMF is three days (and long nights) of all things electronic. Click on the link and check out who's been here over the last three years. A damn good time is had by all.

Yes I had an amazing time the year I went would love to go back but limited funds.

gnarbar85
02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
wowwwww

heard they are playing at UCI's homecoming too

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I said he was one of the best, which he is. What I meant was he's one of the best at that top40/mashup style... of course it's ridiculous to claim anyone is the world's best DJ (because Tiesto already holds that spot) and it's equally ridiculous to compare DJAM and Carl Cox because they have nothing in common except that they're both DJs. And you're wrong on the pre-produced mashups thing, I mean he does play some of those but he also does a lot of live blends and remixes. He does have a lot of routines he plays over and over but when they work and are tight and the people want to hear them, why not.

Man DJ AM is only famous because of his ex girlfriend and Travis Barker other than that he would be nobody and for you to say Tiesto is the best DJ in the world make your rant about not comparing carl cox to am because all he spins is wack ass trance. and you want to hear mash ups listen to older z-trip or 2manydjs as heard on radio soulwax. I'm not saying AM isn't an alright DJ but in all honesty NOWHERE!!!!!! Near the top 20 even he has a long way to go before he accomplishes even number 20 on the list sorry to say.

whinywhiner
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM

hmm i smell conspiracy..

should we tell the cops about it?? they probably don't even know about coachella!

this is serious motive here.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Man DJ AM is only famous because of his ex girlfriend and Travis Barker other than that he would be nobody and for you to say Tiesto is the best DJ in the world make your rant about not comparing carl cox to am because all he spins is wack ass trance. and you want to hear mash ups listen to older z-trip or 2manydjs as heard on radio soulwax. I'm not saying AM isn't an alright DJ but in all honesty NOWHERE!!!!!! Near the top 20 even he has a long way to go before he accomplishes even number 20 on the list sorry to say.

when you disrespect Tiesto you disrespect yourself.

whinywhiner
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
tiesto gets a lot of hate but his live show is pretty sick...

Tijuana
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Tiesto sucks. I'm sorry, but everybody that has a decent taste in music agrees with me. Trance died like 5 years ago.

whinywhiner
02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
YEAAAA that's why hundreds of djs are still releasing new tracks...

So it is less popular, but what does that matter?

Trick Loves The Kids
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
If Tiesto is not the world's greatest DJ then why is he number one on the DJ list, with the most amount of DJ points? Yeah, good luck answering that.

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
when you disrespect Tiesto you disrespect yourself.

haha Tiesto isn't the best dj in the world. Maybe at spinning trance but not at being an all around DJ he can't scratch like the scratch perverts and he can't bang drum and bass out like craze, andy c or dj hype and he can't do bad ass mashups like 2manydjs or z-trip or produce tracks as sick as anything Justice has done so to declare him the best DJ is retarded you can label him the best trance DJ all you want but not flat out Best DJ

jjbaldwi
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
DJ Directory by Rank
RANK NAME SCORE COUNTRY
1 TIESTO 99498 NL
2 ARMIN VAN BUUREN 70244 NL
3 PAUL VAN DYK 57740 DE
4 ATB 47281 DE
5 CARL COX 37431 GB
6 SASHA 34677 GB
7 FERRY CORSTEN 28352 NL
8 DAVID GUETTA 27394 FR
9 DEEP DISH 26223 US
10 DANIEL WILSON 16966 AT
11 JOHN DIGWEED 16756 GB
12 ABOVE AND BEYOND 16584 GB
13 BENNY BENASSI 14604 IT
14 DEADMAU5 13710 CA
15 PAUL OAKENFOLD 13272 GB
16 HERNAN CATTANEO 12746 AR
17 AXWELL 11016 SE
18 BOB SINCLAR 10696 FR
19 MARKUS SCHULZ 10222 US
20 ROGER SANCHEZ 8580 US
21 LAURENT C 8140 FR
22 ERICK MORILLO 7963 US
23 DAN MARCIANO 7875 FR
24 QUIVVER 7480 GB
25 ERIC PRYDZ 7092 SE
26 DAVID VENDETTA 6903 FR
27 DAFT PUNK 6783 FR
28 MAURO PICOTTO 6608 IT
29 COCO ARIAZ 6608 ES
30 BT 6548 US
31 SANDER VAN DOORN 6351
32 COSMIC GATE 6248 DE
33 SHAH 5982 DE
34 SVEN VATH 5643 DE
35 MARCO V 5623 NL
36 ALEX GAUDINO 5573 IT
37 INFECTED MUSHROOM 5496 IL
38 DAVID MORALES 5302 US
39 MOBY 5266 US
40 RICHIE HAWTIN 5266 CA
41 ALY & FILA 5173 EG
42 DANNY TENAGLIA 5162 US
43 UMEK 5130 SI
44 VIBE 4955 PT
45 ROBBIE RIVERA 4889 US
46 ALI DUBFIRE SHIRAZINIA 4869 US
47 MAURIZIO GUBELLINI 4865 IT
48 FEDDE LE GRAND 4840 NL
49 PETE TONG 4781 GB
50 STEVE ANGELLO 4654 CH

available:www.thedjlist.com

jjbaldwi
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Daft Punk #27; damn...

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
If Tiesto is not the world's greatest DJ then why is he number one on the DJ list, with the most amount of DJ points? Yeah, good luck answering that.

and Tiesto has never won the DMC so that alone proves he is not the best considering it's a DJ competion

WoollyMammoth
02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
DJ Directory by Rank
RANK NAME SCORE COUNTRY
1 TIESTO 99498 NL
3 PAUL VAN DYK 57740 DE
4 ATB 47281 DE
5 CARL COX 37431 GB
6 SASHA 34677 GB
7 FERRY CORSTEN 28352 NL
8 DAVID GUETTA 27394 FR
9 DEEP DISH 26223 US
11 JOHN DIGWEED 16756 GB
14 DEADMAU5 13710 CA
17 AXWELL 11016 SE
18 BOB SINCLAR 10696 FR
20 ROGER SANCHEZ 8580 US
21 LAURENT C 8140 FR
22 ERICK MORILLO 7963 US
23 DAN MARCIANO 7875 FR
24 QUIVVER 7480 GB
25 ERIC PRYDZ 7092 SE
27 DAFT PUNK 6783 FR
28 MAURO PICOTTO 6608 IT
29 COCO ARIAZ 6608 ES
30 BT 6548 US
31 SANDER VAN DOORN 6351
32 COSMIC GATE 6248 DE
33 SHAH 5982 DE
34 SVEN VATH 5643 DE
35 MARCO V 5623 NL
36 ALEX GAUDINO 5573 IT
38 DAVID MORALES 5302 US
39 MOBY 5266 US
40 RICHIE HAWTIN 5266 CA
41 ALY & FILA 5173 EG
43 UMEK 5130 SI
44 VIBE 4955 PT
45 ROBBIE RIVERA 4889 US
49 PETE TONG 4781 GB
50 STEVE ANGELLO 4654 CH

this is a joke...

whinywhiner
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
this is a joke...

Lists like those are essentially based on supply and demand, and when you look at it that way it makes sense, i.e. who sells the most/is the most popular.

There is a technical aspect to djing but that aspect alone is also not a total determinant of who is the best.

It all comes down to best performances on individual nights imo, who can consistently bring it, and Tiesto isn't number 1 but hes up there for certain.

Distorted_Jungle
02-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Lists like those are essentially based on supply and demand, and when you look at it that way it makes sense, i.e. who sells the most/is the most popular.

There is a technical aspect to djing but that aspect alone is also not a total determinant of who is the best.

It all comes down to best performances on individual nights imo, who can consistently bring it, and Tiesto isn't number 1 but hes up there for certain.

Statistics like that based on fan votes are also bull shit because trance has the biggest following of any electonic music or any music involving mixing for that matter so it's easy for him to get number one when the voters are e-tards more than anything

WoollyMammoth
02-04-2009, 08:19 PM

understandable. but its still a joke.

zando27
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Im sorry, but none of this is really "understandble." Anyone who thinks TIESTO is seriously one of the best djs, or even good for that matter has serious hearing issue and problems with social skills. The first I believe bcause of the fact that it only takes 2 seconds of listening to dude to realize he sucks, and the latter because you serioulsy must be a reclusive queer if you havent realized that softy trance is a thing of the past. I feel really bad for you whoever you are. Goodnight.

whinywhiner
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Im sorry, but none of this is really "understandble." Anyone who thinks TIESTO is seriously one of the best djs, or even good for that matter has serious hearing issue and problems with social skills. The first I believe bcause of the fact that it only takes 2 seconds of listening to dude to realize he sucks, and the latter because you serioulsy must be a reclusive queer if you havent realized that softy trance is a thing of the past. I feel really bad for you whoever you are. Goodnight.

Uhh name me a better DJ than tiesto ? (not armin, pvd, or any other top tier dj because they're essentially the same).

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Can of worms meet can opener
Can Opener meet Can of Worms

daft$tar
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
dj am = yawn

girl talk = not a dj

tiesto = hell

zando27
02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Uhh name me a better DJ than tiesto ? (not armin, pvd, or any other top tier dj because they're essentially the same).

Is this a real question? I mean i honestly cant tell. If you are being sarcastic then ok i am going to bed. And thanks for agreeing. If not then I am still going to bed, just feeling really really bad for you though.

Gribbz
02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
So hilarious that Daft Punk is #26 on that list.

cr8vbeats
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
hey thats cold, but lol, yeah a lil funny

cfritz75
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't get it are you praising them or dissing them?

Compared to the amazing drumming skills of Neil Peart, Travis Barker is a novice at best. Plus Peart is the only one thats still alive.

You don't make a whole lot of sense.

Dude - Rush just released an album last year. Where did this notion Peart being the only one still alive come from?

I will go back to lurking now.

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm baffled that this sorry act has already filled up 5 pages.

jjbaldwi
02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
thats what makes it intriguing, I guess

choprite
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
DJ Directory by Rank
RANK NAME SCORE COUNTRY
1 TIESTO 99498 NL
3 PAUL VAN DYK 57740 DE
4 ATB 47281 DE
5 CARL COX 37431 GB
6 SASHA 34677 GB
7 FERRY CORSTEN 28352 NL
8 DAVID GUETTA 27394 FR
9 DEEP DISH 26223 US
11 JOHN DIGWEED 16756 GB
14 DEADMAU5 13710 CA
17 AXWELL 11016 SE
18 BOB SINCLAR 10696 FR
20 ROGER SANCHEZ 8580 US
21 LAURENT C 8140 FR
22 ERICK MORILLO 7963 US
23 DAN MARCIANO 7875 FR
24 QUIVVER 7480 GB
25 ERIC PRYDZ 7092 SE
27 DAFT PUNK 6783 FR
28 MAURO PICOTTO 6608 IT
29 COCO ARIAZ 6608 ES
30 BT 6548 US
31 SANDER VAN DOORN 6351
32 COSMIC GATE 6248 DE
33 SHAH 5982 DE
34 SVEN VATH 5643 DE
35 MARCO V 5623 NL
36 ALEX GAUDINO 5573 IT
38 DAVID MORALES 5302 US
39 MOBY 5266 US
40 RICHIE HAWTIN 5266 CA
41 ALY & FILA 5173 EG
43 UMEK 5130 SI
44 VIBE 4955 PT
45 ROBBIE RIVERA 4889 US
49 PETE TONG 4781 GB
50 STEVE ANGELLO 4654 CH

hahahha this list is awful

Austin100
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
OMG Keep it up I am LMAO off at this!!!! Who knew the argument over Dj AM and Tiesto would ever conceive!!! LMFAO!!!!

SEEDYMIG420
02-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Hey!!! Did Travis or Dj Am say if they were going to fly to Coachella????? I don't think they should fly......they should drive, it will be much safer.

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2009, 05:47 AM
OMG Keep it up I am LMAO off at this!!!! Who knew the argument over Dj AM and Tiesto would ever conceive!!! LMFAO!!!!

It started that way but ended up a conversation about how horrible it is that people believe Tiest is the number one DJ in the world. He is a one trick pony now the Scratch Perverts are one of the best live DJ acts in my opinion they spin a variety Breaks, Hip-Hop and Jungle or Diplo he also spics a wide variety of music Tiesto spins the same trance bullshit every time you see him and just because your rolling that hard you think it's incredible when there is actually nothing amazing happening and this guy proves my point

"Not Armin PVD or any other top tier DJ because they are all essentially the same" that statement right there proves it because how can you be the best if you sound the same as the rest

nationocean
02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey!!! Did Travis or Dj Am say if they were going to fly to Coachella????? I don't think they should fly......they should drive, it will be much safer.

And then they get in a brutal car crash killing everyone but them..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 07:46 AM
nation! how you are?

nationocean
02-05-2009, 07:51 AM
lol. hey! i know i haven't been around much. this place seems kinda dead now.

what's up with you?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
just battling the trolls of the board, flying out to vegas because a family member is in the hospital, trying to find out why my tax refund is less then last year and of course speculating if additions will be had.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
And Moses came down from the mountain, and to the people he presented the DJ list. For it was this list by which the people would live, knowing who in the land was the greatest Stadium Trance DJ... and that DJ was DJ Tiesto. Of course, electricity, vinyl, and raves wouldn't be invented for thousands of years, but Tiesto exists outside of the normal human perception of space and time, and so he invented trance music at precisely the moment when humankind needed trance music to survive.

The end.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 08:00 AM
is that a pro tiesto post Trick?

Trick Loves The Kids
02-05-2009, 08:01 AM
All posts are pro-Tiesto. All posts are Tiesto.

indietron
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
zing!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM

oh snapz.

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
And Moses came down from the mountain, and to the people he presented the DJ list. For it was this list by which the people would live, knowing who in the land was the greatest Stadium Trance DJ... and that DJ was DJ Tiesto. Of course, electricity, vinyl, and raves wouldn't be invented for thousands of years, but Tiesto exists outside of the normal human perception of space and time, and so he invented trance music at precisely the moment when humankind needed trance music to survive.

The end.

Does Tiesto like you to Spit or Swallow?

WhyTheLongFace
02-05-2009, 08:31 AM

In Tiesto We Trust

Gribbz
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
untz untz untz untz untz

Trick Loves The Kids
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Does Tiesto like you to Spit or Swallow?

Both, and neither. Trance music is, and trance music is not. It is the glue that binds the universe, and it is the tiniest bird. It is everything and it is nothing.

fatbastard
02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm happy this duo will draw certain people away from me.

natelan
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
The tour bus will be a little lighter this year.

Tijuana
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM

The end.

I actually thought you had some music sense in you. But it's obvious you don't have any whatsoever.

By the way, it was Oakenfold who practially invented Trance not Tiesto; and the Trance that Oakenfold played back then WAS real music. Today's variety is just a bunch of old trance loops that are being re-edited.

AlexBlewHimB4U
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Hahahahaha this is hilarious and I hate them both, so I don't give a fuck who wins.

betao
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I actually thought you had some music sense in you. But it's obvious you don't have any whatsoever.

By the way, it was Oakenfold who practially invented Trance not Tiesto; and the Trance that Oakenfold played back then WAS real music. Today's variety is just a bunch of old trance loops that are being re-edited.

Oakenfold also had some very good production on his albums. Bunkka, for instance, had some pretty solid tracks. Some very cheesy ones too, but I think its actually impressive.

MonsoonSeason
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
tiesto is better than daft punk.

really djlist.

really. also what the fuck is a dj list?

shotglass75
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
The only good thing about Tiesto is that opening he had in 2007 with God talking. That's the only thing

PassiveTheory
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM

Tiesto invented trance because Tiesto invented Oakenfold. Tiesto invented the heavenly bodies, and gave spirit to our human flesh. It is he and he alone who knows the secrets to the Elements of Life. He is the holy spirit.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I actually like ATB.

Sigh.

PassiveTheory
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey, I like Infected Mushroom and they're psytrance. But they're still trance.

Don't worry, MJA. It's all good.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I am become Tiesto, the uplifter of ravers.

hancho09
02-10-2009, 09:44 PM
fuck girl turd

Do you listen to like white noise and amplifier feedback as your main staples for music cuz I add that comment with your sig and don't know what's up with you. I thought you were heavy electronic but you're rippin on djs too

chemicalbrother
02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2007/04/tiesto-admits-i-have-no-talent-helen.html

BKsaysAction!
02-12-2009, 12:03 AM
DJ Directory by Rank
RANK NAME SCORE COUNTRY
1 TIESTO 99498 NL
3 PAUL VAN DYK 57740 DE
4 ATB 47281 DE
5 CARL COX 37431 GB
6 SASHA 34677 GB
7 FERRY CORSTEN 28352 NL
8 DAVID GUETTA 27394 FR
9 DEEP DISH 26223 US
11 JOHN DIGWEED 16756 GB
14 DEADMAU5 13710 CA
17 AXWELL 11016 SE
18 BOB SINCLAR 10696 FR
20 ROGER SANCHEZ 8580 US
21 LAURENT C 8140 FR
22 ERICK MORILLO 7963 US
23 DAN MARCIANO 7875 FR
24 QUIVVER 7480 GB
25 ERIC PRYDZ 7092 SE
27 DAFT PUNK 6783 FR
28 MAURO PICOTTO 6608 IT
29 COCO ARIAZ 6608 ES
30 BT 6548 US
31 SANDER VAN DOORN 6351
32 COSMIC GATE 6248 DE
33 SHAH 5982 DE
34 SVEN VATH 5643 DE
35 MARCO V 5623 NL
36 ALEX GAUDINO 5573 IT
38 DAVID MORALES 5302 US
39 MOBY 5266 US
40 RICHIE HAWTIN 5266 CA
41 ALY & FILA 5173 EG
43 UMEK 5130 SI
44 VIBE 4955 PT
45 ROBBIE RIVERA 4889 US
49 PETE TONG 4781 GB
50 STEVE ANGELLO 4654 CH

Thats like saying one week's billboard list has the greatest bands of all time on it. Most of that is Garbage trance. Tiesto being the king of Garbage trance so it looks like.

Xenocide
02-13-2009, 01:13 AM
ah... Deep Dish... THAT is what the lineup needs...

weezy f baby
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
DJ Directory by Rank
RANK NAME SCORE COUNTRY
1 TIESTO 99498 NL
3 PAUL VAN DYK 57740 DE
4 ATB 47281 DE
5 CARL COX 37431 GB
6 SASHA 34677 GB
7 FERRY CORSTEN 28352 NL
8 DAVID GUETTA 27394 FR
9 DEEP DISH 26223 US
11 JOHN DIGWEED 16756 GB
14 DEADMAU5 13710 CA
17 AXWELL 11016 SE
18 BOB SINCLAR 10696 FR
20 ROGER SANCHEZ 8580 US
21 LAURENT C 8140 FR
22 ERICK MORILLO 7963 US
23 DAN MARCIANO 7875 FR
24 QUIVVER 7480 GB
25 ERIC PRYDZ 7092 SE
27 DAFT PUNK 6783 FR
28 MAURO PICOTTO 6608 IT
29 COCO ARIAZ 6608 ES
30 BT 6548 US
31 SANDER VAN DOORN 6351
32 COSMIC GATE 6248 DE
33 SHAH 5982 DE
34 SVEN VATH 5643 DE
35 MARCO V 5623 NL
36 ALEX GAUDINO 5573 IT
38 DAVID MORALES 5302 US
39 MOBY 5266 US
40 RICHIE HAWTIN 5266 CA
41 ALY & FILA 5173 EG
43 UMEK 5130 SI
44 VIBE 4955 PT
45 ROBBIE RIVERA 4889 US
49 PETE TONG 4781 GB
50 STEVE ANGELLO 4654 CH

Boys Noize is not on that list so it must be wrong.

mrhapppyface
02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey i wanna see the corwd get all pumped when Warren G comes out, a bunch of Skinny whiteboys in thier Sam Sparro glasses and dirty hightop nikes trying to Rap!!! and dont say all you fucks arent gonna sing along.

nancyfromdetroit
02-13-2009, 05:29 PM

I love DEMF. I go every year.

Evaneezer
02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
hopefully their plane burns to the ground and finishes them off once and for all

boyalien0
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
hopefully their plane burns to the ground and finishes them off once and for all

what plane, dipshit? they're coming from LA.

boyalien0
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
And I have to trust Trick on this, cause Trick knows his shit. Fix Your Face is awesome and I personally am looking forward to this over 85 percent of Saturday's shit lineup.

WhyTheLongFace
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
FIX YOUR FACE MOTHERFUCKERS!
FIX IT NOOOOOOOOOW!

I will be in whatever tent they're at FIXING MINE!

nationocean
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-plane-crash-lessons-arrow.jpg

How many people must die to give them a sign that they should stop playing together?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
this thread is fail by association

Filoo
04-14-2009, 07:59 PM
TRV$DJ-AM 720-820 --- Perfect time to have dinner..! and then go back to the sahara to become a prostitute with Crookers..!!

nationocean
04-14-2009, 07:59 PM
It's just like experiencing their live set:

1NCEuRPA5ls

heyeric
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
So does anyone here feel a bit bummed about not catching this, considering he's gone now and it was a pretty decent set. I'm glad I wasn't a douchebag thinking I was too cool to watch Travis and AM.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
So does anyone here feel a bit bummed about not catching this, considering he's gone now and it was a pretty decent set. I'm glad I wasn't a douchebag thinking I was too cool to watch Travis and AM.

I'm not bummed. Especially considering AM was easily the more replaceable part of the set. Unless you think other guys can't press play on a CD player.

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm glad I wasn't a douchebag thinking I was too cool to watch Travis and AM.

<~~~proud to be a douchebag

Neighborhood Creep
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Didn't make that year. Who were they up against?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Didn't make that year. Who were they up against?

For me? Taking a piss. Buying a beer. Zoning out.

I stand by my choice.

grannock
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
What day was this?

heyeric
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Unless you think other guys can't press play on a CD player.

Other guys can just press play too, it's just the fact that he's DEAD and it was sort of a memento moment for his career and new project.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Right but like, it's not like seeing him was memorable.

heyeric
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
For me? Taking a piss. Buying a beer. Zoning out.

I stand by my choice.

HAHAHA! "Zoning Out", classic.

Neighborhood Creep
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't care about dead people, but I do like Warren G

WhyTheLongFace
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Warren G coming out to Regulate is one of my favorite Coachella moments.

RIP AM

citizenerased
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Warren G coming out to Regulate is one of my favorite Coachella moments.

Whoa, this happened? Fucking love that song.

Mr. Porter
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
TRV$A-Trak was a fun time at EDC. LOL I remember starting a BRAVEHEARTS chant with some random asian kids next to me when they played Made You Look

WhyTheLongFace
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Whoa, this happened? Fucking love that song.

dAwTYn-wKCg

Ardentbiscuit
02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Travis / A Trak was fun! When I saw them Kid Sister, Lil Jon, Kid Cudi and more were special guests!

seanxpaul
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
anyone else make the connection that travis barker used to play with the aquabats? a-trak + aquabats on the same day = slight possibility that travis will perform with both?

citizenerased
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM
dAwTYn-wKCg
So awesome. That set blows the two times I saw AM out of the water.

WhyTheLongFace
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Travis hasn't played with the Aquabats in a long time to the best of my knowledge

R41N570RM
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Travis hasn't played with the Aquabats since '98

DopeMatic3002
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Warren G was one of the highlights that year. I saw AM again that following summer at BFD, he was ok. RIP.

TallGuyCM
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
WORST BUMP EVER (but rip nonetheless).

choice cat
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
^I was thinking the same thing ha.

anyone else make the connection that travis barker used to play with the aquabats? a-trak + aquabats on the same day = slight possibility that travis will perform with both?

if he was playing with a-trak he would be on the bill.

TallGuyCM
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Even if he is there, whooooooooo cares?