PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU GV

microcuts
01-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Because there's a glaring lack of positive threads around here, as always. Thank you, Goldenvoice, for another stellar lineup. Keep the negativity out of this thread!

drewoftherushes
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
yeah, fuck naysayers.

wait, no negativity...

...hooray to positive threads?

jonnypark
01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
I am loving the shit out this line up.
Thank you gv.

krk67
01-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Superchunk and Public Enemy.

Someone at GV loves me.

captncrzy
01-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm pretty happy with the lineup. Morrisey and Paul McCartney on one night, and MBV and the Cure on another? Fuck yeah!

SFChrissy
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you once again goldenvoice for the gift of coachella!!!

tigermilkboy
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
You just can't please everyone!

Am I 100% pleased about the line-up, NO!!! I could add 10 more bands I really want to see, then another 10. The reality is you can only book artists that want to play and that you could afford. I expect GV would love to have a festival with radiohead, coldplay, madonna, bowie, prince, U2, REM, NIN, KOL, Chemical Bro's, and everyone else including my Aunt Fanny. You just can't do it!
That's life! You can't get everything you want and you can't please everyone, it is afterall just a music festival. Besides what else are you going to do on April 17-19th?

donkey sex
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.imagegenerator.net/image/35729/I-want-to-suck-your-dick-Ohh-GET-ON-YOUR-KNEES-.jpg

I Hand You Your Head
01-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, absolutely. This goes out to Paul and all of the instrumental Coach figures at GV: thank you for bringing back the old Coachella!

And what I mean by that is this is the first year in many wherein, for example, there is such a great deal of disparity. (And in C's case, disparity's a good thing.)

I mean, tell me when there's been a serious metal band like Mastodon? (Incredible group, especially considering it's Brann Dailor behind the kit.)

Or a sobering, confrontational, legendary *real* rap (not hip-hop, RAP) army like Public Enemy. (I know the difference between hip-hop and rap is, to some, negligable, but to me "rap" has always meant the more in-your-face version of hip-hop.)

Or, for fuck's sake, how about a true industrial legend like Throbbing Gristle? The absolute, unquestionable pioneers of "industrial music". They coined the term, after all. (Really, it was a friend of TG's, and a brilliant artist in his own right - Monte Cazzaza - who applied it to the band.)

And if TG isn't avant-garde enough for you (and it bloody well should be), how about adding the wonderfully unpredictable best friend duo of Michael Allan Patton & Rahzel M. Brown? Nothing really needs to even be said about Patton, who has already left a living legacy of adventurous music in his wake -- Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Fantômas, two incredible solo records (Pranzo Oltranzista & Adult Themes For Voice), a recent film soundtrack (A Perfect Place) and too many collaborations to even begin to list with one of the great lords of experimental music, John Zorn.

Rahzel is known to most from his background with The Roots, but few realize that his character, mind, talent and potential are really just about as adventurous as Patton's, and that Mr. Brown has one hell of a legacy that he's building up in his own right.

And My Fucking Bloody Valentine?! MFBV that I completely missed when they toured the States not too long ago?! The band with Kevin Shields, insanely brilliant guitarist and electronic musician?! Yes, the very one. So, all I know is everyone will definitely give me my space when "Only Shallow" gets played, because I will shit myself with joy.

I also feel obligated to mention his excellency, Steven Patrick, who will likely be playing (as Phil Collins once said) "some new songs, some old songs, and perhaps even some very, very old songs."

I could go on to near-infinity, but as much as I'd like to, I have to make one last artist-related comment. That is, say what you want about his solo career and music with Wings, but we have the world of contemporary music's ultimate, true living legend. Founding member of the best band and songwriting team the world has ever known, without question: Sir James Paul McCartney, MBE. (No matter what you say about any other band in history, you simply can't fuck with the Beatles. {Lennon Lives In All Of Us!})

So, Goldenvoice, I'm definitely getting my 3-day with camping, and I'm looking forward to this gathering more than anything I've anticipated in a very long time.

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm stoked about Coachella!!! Thanks GV this line up is great...

fatbastard
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Organizers of Coachella, you know how I feel about you.

Thank you for continuing to invest in such a spiritual and loving experience for people who love music.

misterpickles
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
thank you for this thread.. somewhere i can go to simply release all this energy and say...

FUCK YES

when i saw beirut and the black keys i almost wanted to cry..

HEADSTRUCK
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I am happy GV. Your getting my money once again!!!

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
seriously, the lineup owns this year. i'm super super excited.

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Bob Mould is gonna be great, Hüsker Dü is great and Bob will put on a show, good job GV, fuck all the haters...

Leckie
thanks GV. sorry we all went crazy for a little while there...

Memorial_07
thank you GV for bringin' some grindcore

Genghis Tron!!!

WALRUS
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
THANK YOU FOR THE WORST LINE UP IN 10 YEARS.........WE BRING KILLERS TO MX BEAT IN MEXICO, COME ON YOU COULD DO IT BETTER........THE CURE, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

morelifefucker
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
it going to be a great muthafuckin time. hell yes.

fatbastard
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Bye

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
walrus please get out of this thread and go hate in one of the 15 other threads on the front page. this is for love only.

boyalien0
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome lineup with the worst headliners ever.

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
THANK YOU FOR THE WORST LINE UP IN 10 YEARS.........WE BRING KILLERS TO MX BEAT IN MEXICO, COME ON YOU COULD DO IT BETTER........THE CURE, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/pacifier2.jpg Hush,hush, bambino poquito...

greenplastic875
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Thank you GV for bringing Leonard Cohen and Throbbing Gristle.

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/thankyougv.jpg

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
awww

deeznutz
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I Kinda agree with boyalien, but I want to extend the headliners to the first three rows. good bottom half, shitty top, ok festival.

SFChrissy
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Bevvv your so thoughtful!!!

texmahone
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
i see you baby....

04 05 06 07 08 and f'n 09!