PDA

View Full Version : Sahara death ?

delusional
01-30-2009, 08:46 AM
What we need is Chem-brothers (Live), Moby(DJ) set, Carl Cox,FatBoyslim. Then I would be mad happy, what happened ? :'(

Young blood
01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Your mom decided not to abort.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah but don't forget how hard I porked your mom before she made that fateful decision.

"mad happy"

SecretPrescription
01-30-2009, 08:48 AM
why do people always ask for these old ass DJs like moby and the chem brothers

wake up

its 2009.

what the fuck

microcuts
01-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Fatboy Slim played last year. sry.

Vic Viper
01-30-2009, 08:52 AM

wake up

its 2009.

what the fuck
Because some of us live in places where acts like this barely come within spitting distance, let alone ever.

Some of my favorite acts ever I've never seen because they never set foot ANYWHERE near Phoenix unless its a festival (see: Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Justice, Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, etc etc etc)

coldstart
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM

wake up

its 2009.

what the fuck

They still put out good records.

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
did anyone see moby at edc? fucking insane. he brings it hardd still.

weneedwater
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
saw Moby do a dj set at last years EDC it was fucking amazing...beleive me i was like "moby....fuckin really?...i hope he dont play that pussy shit"...he killed it! best dj at EDC.... babies were made during his set..

Botrocker
01-30-2009, 09:12 AM

That he does.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Can't say I really want the DJs the OP mentioned, but yeah, the Sahara seems to get weaker every year. :(

Except for Gui Boratto, Switch, and Hercules and Love Affair (if they even play the Sahara), not much I'm excited about.

EDIT: I take that back, just re-read the lineup more thoroughly (I just glanced earlier): The Bug, Supermayer, Junior Boys, M.A.N.D.Y. Stretched over 3 days that still isn't really OMG-worthy, though.

Kid B
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Chemical Brothers will be there.

Wait for it..

sdcheezy
01-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Can't say I really want the DJs the OP mentioned, but yeah, the Sahara seems to get weaker every year. :(

Except for Gui Boratto, Switch, and Hercules and Love Affair (if they even play the Sahara), not much I'm excited about.

bloodybeetroots? presets? the bug? MANDY?????

all sahara worthy.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
bloodybeetroots? presets? the bug? MANDY?????

all sahara worthy.

I edited my post. Bloody Beetroots are awful and the Presets aren't really that great either (last album sucked), though.

Thing about this Sahara is that it has a lot of good DJs, but none that really make me think "Wow, I'd better get to Coachella this year!"

The Bug will be good. Gui Boratto will be good, I've never seen him. But most of the other ones I'm either lukewarm about, have seen before, or just don't really care about. Looking at that lineup, I've seen so many of them live, if not multiple times.

I guess I'm just really underwhelmed. They seemed to have really played it safe this year with so many repeats and overhyped picks.

weezy f baby
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
the beetroots are fuckin dope. that's just your opinion. I'm super stoked. These are who I'm gonna see (predicting they'll be the sahara):

Friday:
Buraka Som Sistema
Crystal Castles
Felix Da Housecat
Ghostland Observatory
Girl Talk
N.A.S.A.
Mike Patton & Rahzel
Peanut Butter Wolf
The Crystal Method
The Bug
The Presets
The Ting Tings

Saturday:
Crookers
Drop The Lime
Gang Gang Dance
MSTRBATE
Surkin
The muthafuckin Bloody Beetroots

Sunday:
Friendly Fire
M.A.N.D.Y.
Marshall Barnes
Roni Size
Sebastien Tellier

sdcheezy
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
i think the continent of Australia would have to disagree with you about Apocalypso being an album that "sucked"

Somewhat Damaged
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
The Bug would be worth seeing if that goddamn vocalist isn't there.

EDIT: Also, don't think the Ting Tings will be in the Sahara. I think they're more likely to be in either the Mohave or Outdoor Theatre.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 11:20 AM
the beetroots are fuckin dope. that's just your opinion. I'm super stoked. These are who I'm gonna see (predicting they'll be the sahara)

Thanks for proving my point. Not only were a ton of the artists you named awful, but most of them don't even belong anywhere NEAR the Sahara. The Ting Tings? Sebastien Tellier?! Do you know what dance music is?

Young blood
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
UMMMM craze and klever are gong to drop miami bass all over your face.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
UMMMM craze and klever are gong to drop miami bass all over your face.

Craze & Klever play Miami Bass? I didn't even know that. Last I heard of Klever he was doing that whole Electro House/Rap blend thing and I always just figured Craze played straight up Rap. Should at least be an interesting set, then.

Young blood
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Craze & Klever play Miami Bass? I didn't even know that. Last I heard of Klever he was doing that whole Electro House/Rap blend thing and I always just figured Craze played straight up Rap. Should at least be an interesting set, then.

Who doesnt play electro house?

audidude
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Is Craze still all over dnb or is he more dubsteppy now? He should do an oldskool DMC set :)

Young blood
01-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Im going to see them tomorrow night Ill let you know how it was.

Robototron
01-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Who doesnt play electro house?

DJs who've realized that it isn't 2007 anymore.

Young blood
01-30-2009, 11:52 AM
DJs who've realized that it isn't 2007 anymore.

hahahaha

miraj
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Switch would likely be in Sahara, no?

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
the beetroots are fuckin dope. that's just your opinion. I'm super stoked. These are who I'm gonna see (predicting they'll be the sahara):

Friday:
Buraka Som Sistema
Crystal Castles
Felix Da Housecat
Ghostland Observatory
Girl Talk
N.A.S.A.
Mike Patton & Rahzel
Peanut Butter Wolf
The Crystal Method
The Bug
The Presets
The Ting Tings

Saturday:
Crookers
Drop The Lime
Gang Gang Dance
MSTRBATE
Surkin

Sunday:
Friendly Fire
M.A.N.D.Y.
Marshall Barnes
Roni Size
Sebastien Tellier

what a strange post

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM

O ya man he killed it at EDC way better than PVD,but hey if u want great dance music holy fuck check the ultra music festival lineup its INSANE!!@!!!# i want to go soo bad its just in miami..

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Friday:
Buraka Som Sistema
Crystal Castles
Felix Da Housecat
Ghostland Observatory
Girl Talk
N.A.S.A.
Mike Patton & Rahzel
Peanut Butter Wolf
The Crystal Method
The Bug
The Presets
The Ting Tings

Saturday:
Crookers
Drop The Lime
Gang Gang Dance
MSTRBATE
Surkin

Sunday:
Friendly Fire
M.A.N.D.Y.
Marshall Barnes
Roni Size
Sebastien Tellier

LOLZ MSTRBATE!!

esy191
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Friday:
Buraka Som Sistema
Crystal Castles
Felix Da Housecat
Ghostland Observatory
Girl Talk
N.A.S.A.
Mike Patton & Rahzel
Peanut Butter Wolf
The Crystal Method
The Bug
The Presets
The Ting Tings

I am not familiar with some of those artists but I can tell you that Girl Talk, Patton & Rahzel, and The Ting Tings will all NOT be in the Sahara.

Girl Talk is dance music, but he hates being labeled as a DJ and will probably play either the mojave or the outdoor theater.

And I have no idea why you put the Patton & Rahzel and The Ting Tings on there. They are Mojave acts and would NEVER be in the Sahara.

deeznutz
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY SAHARA HEADLINERS!

deeznutz
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
p.s. the crystal method blows, its a fact proven by science.

texmahone
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
move to la, we still have room and lots of great dance acts

040506070809!

texmahone
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
btw, gv generally adds dj's as they get closer to the actual dates

04 05 06 07 08 09!

U.S.S. Toenail
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM

Boo hoo, i don't listen to music from before 2 weeks ago

coldstart
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I will die a Sahara death.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Your mom decided not to abort.

hahaha

edit: not to mention PF already said more sahara acts to added, just sayin'

Spongehead56
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM

Saturday:
Drop The Lime

Thanks for listing Drop the Lime; I just checked him out and he ROCKS!

Robototron
01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Drop the Lime is the best DJ playing Saturday by far.

Smokenut
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Switch would likely be in Sahara, no?

FUCK YES!

SWITCH even lives in LOS ANGELES NOW

bring that fucker!!!!

instinct
01-30-2009, 05:48 PM

wake up

its 2009.

what the fuck

Who do you think they should book?? Justice?

Moby and Chemical Brothers are both classic, and they are still putting new music out.

I was happy as fuck i got to see Modeselektor last year, they were one of my favorite acts.

Tosh0
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
i saw moby about a year back........
he would DEF make a GREAT addition

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for proving my point. Not only were a ton of the artists you named awful, but most of them don't even belong anywhere NEAR the Sahara. The Ting Tings? Sebastien Tellier?! Do you know what dance music is?

haha so true. i hate bands in the sahara.

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 05:57 PM
hahahaha

hahaha..

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Boo hoo, i don't listen to music from before 2 weeks ago

hahahaha

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Because some of us live in places where acts like this barely come within spitting distance, let alone ever.

Some of my favorite acts ever I've never seen because they never set foot ANYWHERE near Phoenix unless its a festival (see: Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Justice, Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, etc etc etc)

move to la. ive seen most all famous djs in a matter of a year.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Dubfire/Deepdish...

biggfoot17
01-31-2009, 12:55 AM
move to la. ive seen most all famous djs in a matter of a year.

EDC, monster massive, nocturnal, together as one, giant maximus...all the djs people are asking for have played one of these events in the past 18 months. personally, after seeing fatboy slim last year, there's only one dj i still have to see...ATB. not sure how he is live, but i've seen all the big names but him.

fuck aoki and dj am. give me a dj that giantclub doesn't promote every fucking weekend in la/oc/san diego county

i am stoked on crookers though!

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-31-2009, 01:37 AM
bloody beetroots, crookers, Girl Talk, Steve Aoki, MSTRKRFT, Surkin AND para one!, Junoir boys, Grove armada!, M.A.N.D.Y. ( blew my mind at TAO ) wow! and the add ons. and BTW say it before bloody beetroots are so good they bring it hard and get everyone dancing with their brains turned off by the end of the night. But i think the sahara tent will be fine n dancing o so fresh. Cant wait to see some of your guys new moves n old.

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-31-2009, 01:39 AM
EDC, monster massive, nocturnal, together as one, giant maximus...all the djs people are asking for have played one of these events in the past 18 months. personally, after seeing fatboy slim last year, there's only one dj i still have to see...ATB. not sure how he is live, but i've seen all the big names but him.

fuck aoki and dj am. give me a dj that giantclub doesn't promote every fucking weekend in la/oc/san diego county

hes right. LA been swamped with too mcuh of everything and aoki is overpromoted in this area but come on hes a LA native. a lot of his rep is on the side of the country. Crookers are gunna bass everyones face off!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-31-2009, 06:22 AM
we need Boys Noize again

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Givemean8ball
01-31-2009, 06:22 AM
this band is perfect
http://www.myspace.com/generationprodigy

lol

Quadromarshia
01-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Saturday:

MSTRBATE

Oh I see what you did there.

voiceofthemasses
01-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Boards of Canada...

will it ever happen?

Robototron
01-31-2009, 07:35 AM

I'd rather have Aoki and DJ Am than fucking ATB.

deeznutz
01-31-2009, 08:44 AM
haha so true. i hate bands in the sahara.

Almost true, but you're forgetting LCD in 2007. Pretty much epic.

Also, it's pretty sad that robotoron is correct right now with the drop the lime comment. Not that drop the lime isn't awesome, but there seriously needs to be a few bigger names thrown on there. blah blah blah, yes I know they said their going to add acts, but my faith has been shaken with the first round of udder garbage like GT, trav$$$$$$$$dj-am, felix, & steve aokillthescene. Granite there are some pleasant surprises like supermayer, mandy, and Gui.

travolta
01-31-2009, 08:53 AM

i don't know man, tough call! lol

biggfoot17
01-31-2009, 08:55 AM

then go to lax or vanguard

edbangerkid
01-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Yes id wish Soulwax would comeback, they were amazing at HARD. Digitalism would also be great.

edbangerkid
01-31-2009, 09:05 AM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38900940

amyzzz
01-31-2009, 09:07 AM

Some of my favorite acts ever I've never seen because they never set foot ANYWHERE near Phoenix unless its a festival (see: Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Justice, Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, etc etc etc)Massive Attack came to Phoenix in Sept of 2006. Too bad you weren't there.