PDA

View Full Version : Peter Bjorn and John is an insult.

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 06:59 AM
that's all.

krk67
01-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Calling you a "dumbass" would be an insult.
One band you don't care for (and neither do I) playing on one stage when you have four others to choose from PLUS tons of cool art is not an insult.

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
no I don't really have four others to choose from. this lineup is FAIL.

Trailmix
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
I do not get how it is an insult you are dumb

drsaith
01-30-2009, 07:03 AM
no I don't really have four others to choose from. this lineup is FAIL.

is saying that still internet cool?

indietron
01-30-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't like how high up they are on the poster. But oh well

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:06 AM
it is an insult to me as someone that has been waiting for a year to see who was gonna play this year, suffered through many delays on the lineup, and is still about to spend 700$ on tickets. it is an insult to me and almost everyone that is going to coachella.

U.S.S. Toenail
01-30-2009, 07:07 AM
except for the many people who clearly enjoy Peter Bjorn & John

212margarita
01-30-2009, 07:08 AM
it is an insult to me as someone that has been waiting for a year to see who was gonna play this year, suffered through many delays on the lineup, and is still about to spend 700$ on tickets. it is an insult to me and almost everyone that is going to coachella.

then dont go. if you are so insulted, save your money and stay home.

microcuts

It's an insult to me that you're even going to Coachella because you clearly don't get it.

Trailmix

Again this does not make any sense. You do not like one band on the list so they are an insult? Of all the bands on the list PB&J is the one that is so bad that you had to make a thread saying that they are insulting. You sir are an idiot and I am done with this thread.

Derekx
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Then don't fucking go.

voiceofthemasses
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
enough to make me want to whistle

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:11 AM
oh I get it. I've been to the last 2 coachellas, where I had options between vampire weekend or cut copy or mgmt or boys noize or portishead or kraftwerk. to now where I'm clearly not gonna have to make much of a choice on who I want to see because the bands they got are so second rate. and I am still going to go... it's about the experience with the people you go with, I just wish we had much better options on who we get to see. 09 is probably the worst year. and they said 08 was bad...

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
no, PB&J IS the most insulting band they can put on there. none of you here like them... come on... be serious. none of you are gonna be there whistling to a tune from 3 years ago. one hit wonders shouldn't be at coachella.

Psicosis
01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Let's call the whole thing off.

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:13 AM
animal collective, the knife, even kings of leon DESERVE to be on there. great cd's that have just recently came up... except the knife I'm talking about the girls side project which is equally as good. but when you have those stacked up against the choices they made, PB&J is an outright embarassment

krk67
01-30-2009, 07:13 AM

Spoiled little snot.

You have no idea what the word "suffer" actually means.

Be grateful that you even have the option to choose to not to go. Honestly, people like you are pitiful because you can't even see how ridiculously self-centered you are.

212margarita
01-30-2009, 07:15 AM
no, PB&J IS the most insulting band they can put on there. none of you here like them... come on... be serious. none of you are gonna be there whistling to a tune from 3 years ago. one hit wonders shouldn't be at coachella.

they do have a new record coming out, i doubt they will just play "you folks" and leave. and seriously if this is such a high insult...dont watch them play, get something to eat or something. but seriously sop your bitching. it's one band.

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
um if I'm paying almost a grand for tickets I want to be very satisfied and I don't think anyone would disagree. don't tell me not to go because uh, its obviously not an option.
I just keep thinking of bands that have all this new music coming out that would be such good options... cut copy for one, lily allen, calvin harris... I mean I get it. I love The Cure, but The Killers headlining? really? they are a 5o'clock band at best. and paul mccartney? who is coachella this year targeted to? aging adults? isn't the economy bad? shouldn't you be working? you're obviously spending money on your kids to go to this festival so make the lineup more friendly to the people actually going. I'm still waiting on NIN... I hope soooo oh god.

justinaqui
01-30-2009, 07:21 AM
I got tickets to a show of theirs last minute and I really enjoyed it, much more than their recorded stuff. I'll probably watch them again if they don't conflict. Not sure why I'm bumping a hater thread though, sorry guys.

Jakewc151
01-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I was kinda stoked for PBandJ because I missed them last time.

You sir can go to hell.

jgd855
01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
um if I'm paying almost a grand for tickets I want to be very satisfied and I don't think anyone would disagree. don't tell me not to go because uh, its obviously not an option.
I just keep thinking of bands that have all this new music coming out that would be such good options... cut copy for one, lily allen, calvin harris... I mean I get it. I love The Cure, but The Killers headlining? really? they are a 5o'clock band at best. and paul mccartney? who is coachella this year targeted to? aging adults? isn't the economy bad? shouldn't you be working? you're obviously spending money on your kids to go to this festival so make the lineup more friendly to the people actually going. I'm still waiting on NIN... I hope soooo oh god.

yes it is an option. your not required to pay almost a grand for anything... you can walk away, most of us would prefer it. every year cant have the best line-up, fucking deal with it. if you dont like the bands dont go, either way bitching about one single band makes you look like a real tool.

ps most of us buy our own tickets, we dont have mommy and daddy pay for them. jackass...

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:31 AM
look, its their 10th year anniversary. the lineup was delayed god knows how many times. It's way safe to say that me, along with many other people are way, way disappointed. this year was supposed to be their best one but it totally backfired.

lickety_spit
01-30-2009, 07:31 AM
I was kinda stoked for PBandJ because I missed them last time.

You sir can go to hell.

touche. i'll be in the crowd with you, and i can guarantee there'll be a crowd.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
They have a new album coming out

jgd855
01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
look, its their 10th year anniversary. the lineup was delayed god knows how many times. It's way safe to say that me, along with many other people are way, way disappointed. this year was supposed to be their best one but it totally backfired.

you mean when they publicly announced that they wouldnt be spending as much for headliners you took it as supposing to be a best year? the lineup was likely delayed because none of these overprivleged-everything-handed-to them-headliners wont accept the fact that when deflation is occuring, they cant charge as much for their services. if your so disappointed dont go, but to name one single band and say its an insult, is a joke. your the fucking insult. you insult me and all the other coachella fans who understand that life isnt a fairy tale.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 07:37 AM

they have a new album coming out you moron

automobilelos
01-30-2009, 07:39 AM
oh blah blah wine wine if there were less people like you settling for bullshit bands you don't want to listen to then coachella would be the next warped tour. why get mad at me for saying something about what I don't like? if the majority agrees then we've reached a consensus big enough for you to get off the screen you're sitting behind and be a part of everyone else. why sit unhappy...? I don't get it.

arlyn
01-30-2009, 07:41 AM
animal collective, the knife, even kings of leon DESERVE to be on there. great cd's that have just recently came up... except the knife I'm talking about the girls side project which is equally as good. but when you have those stacked up against the choices they made, PB&J is an outright embarassment

the knife doesn't tour. you're an idiot. if you think the lineup sucks, then you don't know who any of the bands are. which is your fail as a music snob, and not coachella's as a venue.

writer's block was a rock solid album, probably in my top 20 for 06. just because you only heard one song off of it when you were listening to q101 or some shit doesn't make them a one hit wonder. I'm pretty sure they're 0 hit wonders.

EDIT: JUST DON'T GO. PLEASE. I DON'T NEED PUNKS LIKE YOU RUINING MY VIEW OF THE DO LAB TITTIES.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 07:42 AM
they arent the worst band ever...there new album sounds pretty good...amd come on...lets not compare warped tour here...pleeeeaaasse

JorgeC
01-30-2009, 07:42 AM
yo mama is an insult

malcolmjamalawesome
01-30-2009, 07:43 AM
"Young Folks" is an insult to whistling.

arlyn
01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
they arent the worst band ever...there new album sounds pretty good...amd come on...lets not compare warped tour here...pleeeeaaasse

Is that a snide remark about how there are two warped tour bands on the poster?

heh

drewoftherushes
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
oh I get it. I've been to the last 2 coachellas, where I had options between vampire weekend or cut copy or mgmt or boys noize or portishead or kraftwerk. to now where I'm clearly not gonna have to make much of a choice on who I want to see because the bands they got are so second rate. and I am still going to go... it's about the experience with the people you go with, I just wish we had much better options on who we get to see. 09 is probably the worst year. and they said 08 was bad...

you listen to vampire weekend and you think pb&j is an insult.

go listen to the OC soundtrack on repeat for a weekend, you fuck.

amidoingitwrite
01-30-2009, 07:46 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1229702809924s.jpg

jgd855
01-30-2009, 07:48 AM
oh blah blah wine wine if there were less people like you settling for bullshit bands you don't want to listen to then coachella would be the next warped tour. why get mad at me for saying something about what I don't like? if the majority agrees then we've reached a consensus big enough for you to get off the screen you're sitting behind and be a part of everyone else. why sit unhappy...? I don't get it.

wine wine? you must mean whine* whine*. complaining that just because PB&J are gonna be there it is an insult, which is like 1 out of 100+ bands, and then bitching about paying "nearly a grand", when its actually closer to 1/2 a grand (for 2 tickets) is the most whining ive heard out of anyone on these boards.

Mak Attack
01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
I've got nothing to worry about.