PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Late Addition(s) will be....

quicksand
01-30-2009, 05:40 AM
I say Daft Punk or Chemical Brothers.

Heimster
01-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Neil Young. Not my choice, but that's what it's going to be.

Xenocide
01-30-2009, 05:47 AM
i'd say Daft Punk or Bruce Springsteen (after his LA date sells out; they can't announce it until then)

genghisnyc
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
bowie or neil.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Neil Young's the most likely, but I would kill for Bruce to get added after his LA date sells out. A nice way to steal the thunder back from Bonnaroo after they've announced their lineup.

rskapcat
01-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Bruce would surprise me the least, but I would be very pleased by his addition. Does that make sense? It's early...

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 06:14 AM
We'd all be scrounging for tixs today if Bruce was on the line-up...

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I find it peculiar that Morrisey is opening for Paul yet Killers headlining. hhmm could actually be the smiths if morrisey is already there.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 06:20 AM
I find it peculiar that Morrisey is opening for Paul yet Killers headlining. hhmm could actually be the smiths if morrisey is already there.

And Jack Johnson really did headline a night at a festival with Roger Waters and Prince as the other headliners.

The Killers are bigger than JJ, they're a legit headliner. My point being, an add is possible, but don't get your hopes up for The Smiths

beavington
01-30-2009, 06:24 AM
And Jack Johnson really did headline a night at a festival with Roger Waters and Prince as the other headliners.

The Killers are bigger than JJ, they're a legit headliner. My point being, an add is possible, but don't get your hopes up for The Smiths

or springsteen (whats with all this bruce love all of the sudden)
or bowie

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Daft Punk or Depeche Mode

obzen
01-30-2009, 06:29 AM
i definitely smell an add-on for Saturday-who at this point i just dont know-
im guessing
-Bowie
-The Smiths now being a long shot because Morrissey is already slated for Friday.

davrone
01-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Bowie, hopefully.

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 06:40 AM

Im not getting my hopes up for the Smiths I actually cant stand them. I just think Morrisey is a stronger headliner than the Killers. I realize JJ was up with Prince and Waters but thats different than Morrisey opening for McCartney than Killers and Winehouse. then again. they could headline that Saturday cause its weaker - in my opinion- no one needs to argue subjective tastes

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Daft Punk or Depeche Mode

God I hope not Depeche Mode. We dont need ANOTHER repeat.

MarkO
01-30-2009, 06:41 AM
i'd say Daft Punk or Bruce Springsteen (after his LA date sells out; they can't announce it until then)

Good thought. The Boss to close but only after LA sells out.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 06:42 AM
or springsteen (whats with all this bruce love all of the sudden)
or bowie

I'm not getting my hopes up for either of them. The bruce love is coming from two things: 1) he's got a big gap in his tour during Coachella, and that hasn't happened in at least a few years, and 2) he's fucking awesome.

beavington
01-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Im not getting my hopes up for the Smiths I actually cant stand them. I just think Morrisey is a stronger headliner than the Killers. I realize JJ was up with Prince and Waters but thats different than Morrisey opening for McCartney than Killers and Winehouse. then again. they could headline that Saturday cause its weaker - in my opinion- no one needs to argue subjective tastes

last time Morrissey played didnt he "open" for Beck?

SecretPrescription
01-30-2009, 06:44 AM
it better be SOMEBODY i like....

casue this lineup sucks balls.

i will end up rollin in the sahara all fucking night, complaining about how much the cure, killers, and morrisey suck.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 06:45 AM

A comparison:

Morrissey is playing the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, a small venue played by acts like Stereolab. The Killers are playing The Atlanta Civic Center, a stadium arena for big acts.

The Killers = much bigger today, sell more tickets, draw more fans.

I know Morrissey's probably bigger in LA than Atlanta, but look nationwide (I'm too lazy to look beyond where I live), and I guarantee you the Killers are playing bigger venues every step along the way. They're the proper headliner, and morrissey isn't, personal opinion of their music aside.

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm saying Neil Young even though he could've been the reason they took so long with the lineup because maybe he cancelled and they were trying to make up for it so it's unlikely he'll be added once again

but if I had it my way I'd hope for Cocteau Twins though that isn't happening

paganman7
01-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Chemical Brothers or Etienne de Crecy.

You can take that shit to the bank.

cured
01-30-2009, 06:51 AM
dance tent needs more flavor...I say the Chemical brothers...

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
last time Morrissey played didnt he "open" for Beck?

Beck was bigger than the Killers

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 07:15 AM
A comparison:

Morrissey is playing the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, a small venue played by acts like Stereolab. The Killers are playing The Atlanta Civic Center, a stadium arena for big acts.

The Killers = much bigger today, sell more tickets, draw more fans.

I know Morrissey's probably bigger in LA than Atlanta, but look nationwide (I'm too lazy to look beyond where I live),

Yeah cause they play tiny venues in Portland.
Look, its not that Morrisey is bigger, its just that I think the Killers Blow. thats all. Im entitled to my opinion. They could healdine a day like that. But they arent going to someone will be added/ its the 10 yr.

durivenegas
01-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Genious!

attila the honey
01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Does anyone think Beck could be added?

EVillSD
01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
It won't be a headliner, it will be puscifer

amidoingitwrite
01-30-2009, 07:33 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1231346337479.jpg

KingofFlorence
01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
man i hope it's springsteen.....

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Look, its not that Morrisey is bigger, its just that I think the Killers Blow. thats all. Im entitled to my opinion. They could healdine a day like that. But they arent going to someone will be added/ its the 10 yr.

I get that, and I'm not the biggest Killers fan in the world (probably like them about equal to the Smiths, which isn't a whole lot). I completely respect you preferring Morrissey.

What I was responding to though, was your assertion that Morrissey should headline over them, and explaining why that's a false assertion - from GV's perspective, from a financial perspective. I just wish people on these boards could look at the lineup objectively and deal with the people they love not necessarily being as big as someone they don't love.

TV On The Radio's my favorite act in the lineup, but I'd be an idiot to say they should headline over The Killers. Leonard Cohen's got a bigger career than Morrissey, but it'd be just as dumb to say Cohen should headline over The Killers.

dml26
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Does anyone think Beck could be added?

In 2004 he got added like a week before, but he played the Gobi tent early in the day. Anything's possible...

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/Zoolander_6.jpg

Foucault
01-30-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm hoping for EDM:

Orbital, first and foremost... then:
Chems, Underworld, other suggestions?

Geno_g
Squarepusher...

YerMan!
I say Daft Punk or Chemical Brothers.BASEMENT JAXX//NODOUBT

instinct
01-30-2009, 08:18 AM
my entire signature.

Geno_g
01-30-2009, 08:27 AM
The Knife for sure...

attila the honey
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
In 2004 he got added like a week before, but he played the Gobi tent early in the day. Anything's possible...

i really hope so i caught the last 2 songs of his set in 04 and was bummed i missed it. i seem to have a hard time getting tickets to his shows too, they sell out so quickly.

beavington
01-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Beck was bigger than the Killers

i dont know about that.

although the last time I saw the Killers they were opening for Morrissey.

Astrid
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
daft punk is not going to happen. this we know. let it go my friends.

kretz
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Neil Young being added on Saturday would satisfy me.

far gone and out
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM

you're a knob.

i am a moz fan but he is NOT headline material in any way shape of form. he is not huge in north america, he plays large clubs and small theatres everywhere but in LA and NYC where he can fill an arena (MSG) or an ampitheatre (hollywood bowl).

the killers new record blows but they are an arena HEADLINE act in north america and you know what, they actually put on a good show. many of you will be suprised.

get off your moz kick, he's billed in the most appropriate way and in fact i think he'd be better suited to play under the killers than mccartney.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
he plays large clubs and small theatres everywhere but in LA and NYC where he can fill an arena (MSG) or an ampitheatre (hollywood bowl).

Same with the Killers. Look up the capacity for the venues on their tour. Just sayin'.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
ANYONE

johnnypolite
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm guessing the adds will be Nine Inch Nails, Basement Jaxx, and maybe Chemical Brothers.

I'd really like Blur but I don't think it'll happen.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I am guessing a lot of Sahara acts will be added. Oh wait, Dani actually confirmed this, so that's just a matter of time.

I still think a new Saturday headliner will be added. My top guesses:
1. The White Stripes
2. Neil Young
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Daft Punk
5. Justice DJ set
6. Mythbusters LIVE

far gone and out
01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Same with the Killers. Look up the capacity for the venues on their tour. Just sayin'.
their venues are still bigger than the ones morrissey is playing.

patricksw
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
their venues are still bigger than the ones morrissey is playing.

Didn't Morrissey sell out the Hollywood Bowl in 2007 or am I mistaken? (I'm not). Isn't the capacity of the Hollywood Bowl like 17,200+?

The Killers have not sold out a 17,000-seat venue, and certainly not multiple times over in a single city in a row. I don't even like Morrissey that much, but because 17,000 people like that ho that much again and again, I'm going to make an effort to let my ears in on the secret.

p.

jnewell7
01-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I really wanted OUTKAST and mr. oizo why why why??? i wanted them soooo bad!

beavington
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
The Killers have not sold out a 17,000-seat venue, and certainly not multiple times over in a single city in a row. I don't even like Morrissey that much, but because 17,000 people like that ho that much again and again, I'm going to make an effort to let my ears in on the secret.

p.

actually when MOrrissey sold out the bowl it was aroudn the same time the killers sold out the staples center.

beavington
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
someone help me out, i know last year that prince was a late addition, but other than that were there any other added acts? what about in 2007...any acts added after the original poster came out???

are we only expecting one addition for this years lineup?

in 07 it sold out the first weekend so why pay for more acts when not needed?

last year Aphex Twin, and Goldfrapp were pretty late adds.

u2diehard
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
It is looking to be Bruce after all. He's touring this year... damn!

manila
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
if Led Zeppelin turns out to be Saturday's headliner...this year would officially be the greatest music fest in the history of music fests.

Shooters08
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
The Boss would be sweet! I would like someone else like Chem, White Stripes, Daft, or even Coldplay would be better than the Killers closing out Saturday night

manila
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
The Boss would be sweet! I would like someone else like Chem, White Stripes, Daft, or even Coldplay would be better than the Killers closing out Saturday night

i agree. even coldplay would be better.

brycerosen
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
If we do which is a big maybe get another headliner it needs to be somone not old

no springsteen, young, or even bowie

we need muse, outkast, radiohead, coldplay, NIN or gorrilaz

. .. . . . well fuck it bowie would be tight

bacterialgeneralporin
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
God, please let it be "David Bowie". I promised that if you have D. Bowie perform on Saturday, I will never bitch again why you selected your son, Obama as the 43 president.