PDA

View Full Version : Praise and bow down RIGHT HERE!!!

shotglass75
01-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Praise and bow down to the lineup right here

Trailmix
01-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Pass. Not going to say it is crap like some people but it is not stellar either in fact probably the weakest in over 5 years

mikey.golightly
01-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Praise JAH! Praise the Gods of GV! And most importantly, praise Paul, both Pauls, because PAUL IS GOD!

Best lineup ever. It's not like you can see Leonard Cohen, Macca, MBV, or Throbbing Gristle every day, you know.

Holy shit I'm excited to get my tix!

Natelevmofuggaz
01-30-2009, 06:36 AM
For once, I am not immediately disappointed. This lineup fucking rules.

tHEdARKsIDE
01-30-2009, 06:36 AM
weakest since '05, but still badass enough to go...

tHEdARKsIDE
01-30-2009, 06:37 AM
weakest since '05, but still badass enough to go...

correction, i'd say weakest since '06 pre-late adds...

with the adds this year, it may not top '08, but could potentially be the 2nd best Coachella ever!

IlliniQ
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Absolutely psyched for this line-up.

X-dropping Sahara freaks are probably pissed as hell, the dance line-up isn't strong...but from an indie-rock/alt-country standpoint, from someone who's favorite part of the experience is the uncrowded Outdoor, Gobi & Mohave shows early afternoon to early evening, this is a fantastic line-up (Hold Steady, Blitzen Trapper, Beirut, Black Keys, Okkervil Revier, TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, A Place to Bury Strangers, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Calexico, Band of Horses, My Bloody Valentine...I'm so in)...I'm more worried about conflicts, especially on Friday (totally guessing A Place to Bury Strangers vs McCartney) than no one to see.

I'd also say from the artistic strength of recent albums, this is also a stronger line-up than last year. TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, Okkervil River, Hold Steady have all been doing some of the strongest work of the decade from a critical perspective.

Again, though, Sahara is one thing I don't get into at Coachella...can see why dance fans might be underwhelmed...this is a much harder rocking Coachella than last year.

My Biggest disappointments, no Elbow or Of Montreal.