SoHungry310
01-30-2009, 04:15 AM
omfg. Sunday is going to rock!!!

ahhhhhhhhh

camping main stage for the front just to see robby and the guyssss

oh man

AdrianFL
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
They are AMAZING live. Can't wait to see them again and again and again and again and agaaaaain

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
yeah i cant wait to see them again. Saw them last summer in San Diego and they were great.

dancedancedance
01-30-2009, 02:45 PM
haven't seen them since wild mood swings.... so excited!!!

shermanoaksyo
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I am stoked. It'll be the perfect end to the weekend

bballarl
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Can't wait.

Kid B
01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Missed their show at the hollywood bowl. Hope they play a 3 hour show again. Can't wait.

nationocean
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
they played for 5 days in a row in los angeles less than forty five days ago. each set was over 2+ hours (except for the tv apperances) and they played a different set each night..

just sayin'

microcuts
01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I knew there would be (at least) one band that would make me get angry about missing Coachella this year.

This is that band.

I HOPE this is the start of a spring/summer tour or something. Word on the street is another new album in May/June.

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
im stoaked that they're closin the festival this year. its gonna be great.

chiapet
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
they played for 5 days in a row in los angeles less than forty five days ago. each set was over 2+ hours (except for the tv apperances) and they played a different set each night..

just sayin'

This makes me feel a little ill and now I have to go see what the sets were.

I'm really excited to hopefully hear a lot of the new album -- I was at (one of?) the first show where they played from the new album, and honestly everyone thought it was a THOTD era song that obscure.

nationocean
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
i like the cure, don't get me wrong. i'm just a little disappointed with the fact that i don't see how the coachella show can be different or special from anything we've seen from them recently..

here's just the california dates:

dec 2008
troubadour myspace show
jimmy kimmel
the tonight show with jay leno
headlined kroq almost acoustic christmas

may/june 2008
hollywood bowl
shrine auditorium
santa barbara bowl
san jose
cox arena, san diego

about 10 shows in California last year! that's crazy!

djjsin
01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
WHY LORD WHY

are you guys watching the same band? I've seen them at coachella 2004, AND Acoustic Christmas this year. Left during there set both times. seriously the cure is getting soooo played out. Why must they headline every fucking festival out there. We just saw them. We dont need to see FAT BOB again

the only thing thats good about them closing the festival, is it will make me want to leave and go home

g0k1ngsg0
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
FULL SET PLEASE!

BakForMore
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Haven't had a chance to see them.

I'm stoked!

:thu

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 03:48 PM
omfg. Sunday is going to rock!!!

ahhhhhhhhh

camping main stage for the front just to see robby and the guyssss

oh man

Dont do that.Your going to miss what coachella is all about,trust me you will not have to camp out to get close for them,in 07 i got within 50ft during rage and i got there from damien rice right as he started to play,then crowd surfed to front

sacleonard
01-30-2009, 03:50 PM
i like the cure, don't get me wrong. i'm just a little disappointed with the fact that i don't see how the coachella show can be different or special from anything we've seen from them recently..

here's just the california dates:

dec 2008
troubadour myspace show
jimmy kimmel
the tonight show with jay leno
headlined kroq almost acoustic christmas

may/june 2008
hollywood bowl
shrine auditorium
santa barbara bowl
san jose
cox arena, san diego

about 10 shows in California last year! that's crazy!

I understand your point about being different, but Roger Waters was hardly different than his touring show. Also, calling appearances on Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno "shows" is a stretch.

shoopdedoop
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I went to that Santa Barbara Bowl show and while they played for a good 2.5-3 hours, it was still underwhelming. I was disappointed

And no keyboard player, which was lame.

microcuts
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
file:///C:/Users/Brandon/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/Brandon/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yshUFah31iQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yshUFah31iQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CurableOkie
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
I was excited about The Cure in 2004. Really excited! So excited because I only went to day 1 and didn't see them, but checked them out after the fact and was like "HOLY SHIT I MUST SEE THIS BAND!!" So I went to Curiosa in 2004 and got my fix.

But now 5 years later... I can't say that fervor for seeing The Cure is still around. I mean with My Bloody Valentine and now that I'm checking them out -- Throbbing Gristle -- I just can't get all excited about the Cure.

"Plainsong" - however - is one of the greatest live songs I've still seen performed to date.