PDA

View Full Version : THE BLACK KEYS

Pages : [1] 2

Sushov23
01-30-2009, 01:39 AM
The black keys are on friday, most people know them. Most people know they are going to bring the rock, and fucking destroy everyone who watches them. I'm hoping for outdoor theater at night. if you want albums get Attack and Release, and Magic Potion. This thread is for all things black keys.

justinaqui
01-30-2009, 03:55 AM
I've seen them 4 or 5 times and I'll still watch them no matter who they're up against. It's a different show every night, and always a good time.

ReaganSMASH
01-30-2009, 04:08 AM
I've never seen them, and I am expecting great things. Friday looks the best IN MY OPINION. The Black Keys is a contributing factor to that.

SFChrissy
01-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Sbessiso is gonna be stoked and fired up in this thread!!! These guys are ephing rocking n super powerful just before coachella ill be seeing dans solo show ill tell you all how it goes!!! Wahoo...

ToddThaGod
01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
hell...fucking....yes

can't wait

sydaud
01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
I've seen them 4 or 5 times and I'll still watch them no matter who they're up against. It's a different show every night, and always a good time.

Seen them 4 times myself. For anyone who hasn't seen them, just make the time. It'll be well worth it.

matsuolost
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
YES outdoor right before or after beirut FUCKYEAH

sin213
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
the keys are going to own Friday. please just don't have the keys on at the same time patton and rahzel are killin it in one of the tents.

sbessiso
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
One of my all time favorite bands of all time. PLEASE DO NOT CONFLICT WITH FRANZ. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

morelifefucker
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
i am really excited for them, been listening to them constantly for a while now. they gona fuck shit up.

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
oh yes i saw a couple of their songs in 07 in the tent it was siiiiiiiiick and they rocked my face off

Kid B
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Never seen them live but they are going to destroy. Can't wait.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
hope they have danger mouse and a full band. wanna hear some blues banjo and organ.

jdaws
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
just saw them last night in the D. kept closing my eyes and hearing their sound fill the place past the brim, and then opening my eyes to the surprise that there were only 2 people creating that full a sound. awesome. i liked the wavey distortion/reverb stuff the guitar player does (i dont know the technical terms for that typa shit). very very talented. and he kind of reminds me of thom yorke, not at all in his voice, but in his head bobbing and stature. also liked how they ended their songs really abruptly. exciting stuff

Sushov23
01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
my guess is the name time as the national last year on the outdoor stage. This is my 1 act who conflicts don't matter on friday. Well Macca also, but i have a feeling it's going to be silent at that time.

chiapet
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Let me say this about the Black Keys. I'd listened to them a couple of times (friend is into them) but it never really impressed me recorded. Not that they sounded bad or anything, just didn't really do much for me.

At Bumbershoot last year, waiting for Stone Temple Pilots (who turned out to be blegh), I thought I was "going to have to" wait through the Black Keys set. I ended up being blown away. They were incredible live. So even if you're listening along and aren't sure how you feel, they are worth checking out -- give them a few minutes and they will reel you in.

jdaws
01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
^word. i hadnt heard but their hits, psychotic girl and strange times.. but even before these hit, i was totally feeling their style without any idea what that style was going into it. kinda bluesy, very powerful, rocknroll

thatfinkleygirl
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
never seen them before, cannot wait to.

matsuolost
01-30-2009, 01:13 PM
i wanted to see them at 07 but conflicts killed them
looking forward to this year if i end up going friday
BLACK KEYS HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

anyone have a recent setlist?

BeHereNOW
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
TBKs would fit very well at the outdoor stage.... not too crowded, not too small, perfect.... i saw them again last year at ACL, they are playing songs from 'the big come up', brilliant...

BeHereNOW
01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/135/2/f/Guitar_3_The_Black_Keys_by_freakwithgrenade.jpg

devon
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I've never seen them, and I am expecting great things. Monday looks the best IN MY OPINION. The Black Keys is a contributing factor to that.

Mondays always the worst day of Coachella for me... I hate going home after that.

Shooters08
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Hellz YEAH!

sbessiso
01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
They're both such amazing musicians but there's something oddly hypnotic about Patrick the drummer(:pulse)

SuperStar
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM
The black keys are on friday, most people know them. Most people know they are going to bring the rock, and fucking destroy everyone who watches them. I'm hoping for outdoor theater at night. if you want albums get Attack and Release, and Magic Potion. This thread is for all things black keys.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip... I have not really heard of them before but just listened to a couple tracks on youtube per your recommendation.

They definitely rock, and I will definitely be at their set.

SuperStar
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Mondays always the worst day of Coachella for me... I hate going home after that.

Amen.

chiapet
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
They're both such amazing musicians but there's something oddly hypnotic about Patrick the drummer(:pulse)

Yes. And I'm sorry I didn't believe your hype before. :)

Sexecutioner
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THEM CONFLICT WITH SIR PAUL!!!

I don't mind skipping anybody else to see a living legend, but I've been trying to see the black keys for a while now, and it's always been bad timing when they come around. please don't fuck me over GV!

thickfreakness
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Black Keys......fuck yeah. The main reason why I'm willing to drive several hundred miles and make myself broke for the next few months.

justinwilson1987
01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
the black keys need to get a bass player for live shows... =/ love em and all but they have bass on the album "attack and release" and other instruments for certain songs. it just doesnt sound the same with only the duo =/

gmoneyak
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I approve of the Black Keys, seen them twice, both times were stellar.

clumsy342
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Black Keys will kill it. LOVE them.. huge fan..

I agree though.. They should play with a full band. Have Danger Mouse play with them.

I'm a little confused with their placement on the poster though. This is their 3rd time at Coachella.. and they are billed after Beirut? Not really complaining but... yeah.. Beirut is too high.

sbessiso
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree clumsy, I was expecting their name a little bigger, or a little higher or SOMETHING. They deserve to be before Conor Oberst.

and no to the "full band"! the black keys is dan and patrick and it will always be dan and patrick. having danger mouse play with them is a different story and I would cream everywhere if that were to happen

jdaws
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
and no to the "full band"! the black keys is dan and patrick and it will always be dan and patrick. having danger mouse play with them is a different story and I would cream everywhere if that were to happen

hmmm im confused.. you would "cream everywhere" if the black keys were to play with d.m., which i assume is an act accompanied by happiness, but yet you say "no" to the "full band" in the first sentence

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and yeah although i dont know much about em id say keep it to 2 as well, 2 was enough for me. never felt like was something was lacking.. but then again, never heard em with a bassplayer

Sushov23
01-30-2009, 10:06 PM
It can only be Dan, and Patrick. full band my ass, they make it sound like 10 people are up there with instruments.

Xenocide
01-31-2009, 01:43 AM
wow, DEF this year's Black Mountain (except billed waaay higher)... the Mt. is more stoner, and the Keys are more bluesy, but very similar...

here's to The Black Keys NOT playing the mojave during Paul McCartney...

Sushov23
01-31-2009, 01:52 AM
wow, DEF this year's Black Mountain (except billed waaay higher)... the Mt. is more stoner, and the Keys are more bluesy, but very similar...

here's to The Black Keys NOT playing the mojave during Paul McCartney...

is this the first time you hear about the black keys? if anything Black Mountain was last years Black Keys. The Black Keys kill all in the indie blues-rock department. Also The Black Keys should be billed higher.

Boourns
01-31-2009, 01:53 AM

I don't mind skipping anybody else to see a living legend, but I've been trying to see the black keys for a while now, and it's always been bad timing when they come around. please don't fuck me over GV!

I doubt anyone conflicts with McCartney except in the Sahara and Mojave. I guess it's possible, but I doubt it.

sbessiso
01-31-2009, 01:56 AM
hmmm im confused.. you would "cream everywhere" if the black keys were to play with d.m., which i assume is an act accompanied by happiness, but yet you say "no" to the "full band" in the first sentence

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and yeah although i dont know much about em id say keep it to 2 as well, 2 was enough for me. never felt like was something was lacking.. but then again, never heard em with a bassplayer

Danger Mouse by himself is in no way a "full band"

They DO deserve to be billed higher

EventHorizon
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
The Black Keys have the most raw sound. I love it. Can't wait. I'll be in front row.

drewdrewdrew
01-31-2009, 03:49 PM
If they conflict with Paul Ill kill myself.

pdhow
01-31-2009, 03:55 PM
God damn...i'm making a playlist at last.fm and just heard the black keys. Now nothing else sounds good.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Black Keys will kill it. LOVE them.. huge fan..

I agree though.. They should play with a full band. Have Danger Mouse play with them.

I'm a little confused with their placement on the poster though. This is their 3rd time at Coachella.. and they are billed after Beirut? Not really complaining but... yeah.. Beirut is too high.

dude, you n me clumsy. hangin hard. im tellin you, danger and a band would make them so awesome. ive seen them twice, once at coach, by themselves and it rules but they could be a subheader w/ a backing band. they should be higher, they should at least be higher than beirut.

by the way, speaking of "blues" music, where is seasick steve? two gallants? white stripes? hahaha and the bb king rumors? ive seen bb and if willie can kick ass at coach so can he! willie was the shit, his sone played texas flood and i shit myself. and it was the second time i saw him! coachella this year is focusing too much on 80's band and synth-80s-type bands, heavy metal and shitty hiphop. i dont like it, signs and wonders. where's old crow medicine show, gillian welch, joanna newsom, the felice brothers or any good folk/ blues/ roots bands. SHAPE UP!

im so indie
01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Good to see so much excitement about the keys around here.

Definitely one of the unsung heroes of the decade. IMO, they'll go down as one of the best blues artists of all time.

Seen em 3 times: in a small club when Rubber Factory came out, in a large venue after Magic Potion, and Coach 07. They never dissappoint.

For anyone on here who's not familiar with em, here's a brief description of each album:

The Big Come Up: Old school blues sound, minimalist approach, lo-fi
Thickfreakness: Crunchier, more rock-based songs, higher energy
Rubber Factory: Extremely catchy songs (many in commercials), probably their best
Chulahoma: EP of Junior Kimbrough cover songs, slower, beautiful
Magic Potion: A change in recording style, darker, more patient
Attack & Release: Produced by Danger Mouse, wide range of sounds, extremely creative

Enjoy kids, see you at the show!

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
ive been into them for seven years... but one of the best blues artists of all time? they're all dead man. odetta was the last.

im so indie
01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
I realize that's kind of a dumb statement...and that they're more a rock band than "blues artists", but the fact is:

they play blues songs and they are AWESOME. it kind of works.

you can't really compare the guitar work to BB, Hendrix, SRV, Cray, Clapton or anything, so i guess they don't qualify. but any of those guys would have loved to write riffs like "the breaks", "aeroplane blues" or "black door".

you can't fuck with em!

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
:2ci dont count any of them really. i'm more of a delta blues/ acoustic blues/ pioneers guy as far as timelessness goes. i think in order to be one of the all-time greats of blues you have to have been sketched by r. crumb.

summerkid
01-31-2009, 06:04 PM

there's no way. they'll be on the outdoor theatre at night for sure but probably during Moz or Franz.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
they played during red hot 07

brycerosen
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I wanna download some black keys, what album should I get

sbessiso
02-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Definitely start with either Thickfreakness or Rubber Factory. That choice is yours, but it was Rubber Factory that introduced me to them. You won't regret it, I promise

KungFuJay
02-02-2009, 07:09 AM

I think they were after the chili peppers, no? I remember hearing some of the chili peppers as we waited around outside the tent during sparklehorse's set. After sparklehorse, we went in to get a good spot for the keys.

mvanwinkle
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
i want this conflict. tell me what you think.
black keys on outdoor v silversun pickups main stage v felix da houscat sahara v penut butter wolf gobi v we are scientist mojave.

matsuolost
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM

they played during tiesto

mvanwinkle
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
and the good bad and the queen

matsuolost
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
and the rapture

morelifefucker
02-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Damn i hope their not any conflicts with the black keys, which stage you think they`ll be on?

sydaud
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Sometimes you just have to go in realizing you're going to miss an act. In this case, it's required that you see the entire Black Keys set. Hopefully that tip resolves any conflict(s) you may have had.

BeHereNOW
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
I doubt anyone conflicts with McCartney except in the Sahara and Mojave. I guess it's possible, but I doubt it.

in '07 they closed the mojave...
my guess is they will close the outdoor this year....

be prepared for a conflict... i wouldn't expect they won't close a stage again

BeHereNOW
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
this is just a small prove of how creative these guys are....
awesome dylan cover....

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+Keys/_/The+Wicked+Messenger

All Your Base
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Definitely start with either Thickfreakness or Rubber Factory. That choice is yours, but it was Rubber Factory that introduced me to them. You won't regret it, I promise

Checking Rubber Factory today on your sug Salah. News at 11.

clumsy342
02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
I wanna download some black keys, what album should I get

I'm glad that sbessio is a big Black Keys fan...
But really dude..

Start with The Big Come Up,
Then, Attack & Release
Then, Magic Potion

Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory are still great.. but I think the first three I mentioned are their best work.

(shit.. thats 5 albums! tell me why are they are billed after Franz Conor and Beirut again?)

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Magic Potion BEFORE thickfreakness and Rubber Factory? C'mon now!

And I think Attack & Release would be more appreciated once you get to know them a little better

clumsy342
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM
yeah... maybe so..
All i know is I LOVE the Black Keys and I hardly listen to Thickfreakness/Rubber Factory anymore. So you're probably right.
But I got into them in 04 w/ The Big Come Up.. I do like Rubber Factory more than Thickfreakness though. Its a solid album... lots of great tracks there.

Xenocide
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Damn i hope their not any conflicts with the black keys, which stage you think they`ll be on?

Main:
Paul McCartney (10:00 - 12:00)
Morrissey (8:00-9:00)
Franz Ferdinand (6:40-7:30)
Conor Oberst (5:30-6:20)
Silversun Pickups (4:20-5:10)

Outdoor:
Leonard Cohen (9:00-9:50)
Black Keys (7:30-8:20)
Beirut (6:10-7:00)
We Are Scientists (5:00-5:50)

Sahara:
N.A.S.A. (11:00-12:00)
Crystal Castles (10:00-11:00)
Crystal Method (9:00-10:00)
Felix da Housecat (8:00-9:00)
Buraka Som Sistema (7:00-8:00)
Peanut Butter Wolf (6:00-7:00)
The Bug (5:00-6:00)
Craze & Klever (4:00-5:00)

Mojave:
Ghostland Observatory (9:30-10:20)
Girl Talk (8:20-9:10)
Patton & Rahzel (7:10-8:00)
M. Ward (6:00-6:50)

...at least, that's how i'd do it...

SFChrissy
02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Thickfreaky BABY!!! I do like the new one very much..."Remember When" side A, reminds me of swinging on a big shady tree swing during a hot sunny summer day whith a very gentle warm breeze blowing my hair off my shoulders...

Jon Blazed
02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
you think A Place to Bury Strangers will play that early? What a bout the strobe lights?

Xenocide
02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Gobi after dark...

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Main:
Paul McCartney (10:00 - )
Morrissey (8:00-9:00)
Franz Ferdinand (6:40-7:30)
Conor Oberst (5:30-6:20)
Silversun Pickups (4:20-5:10)

Outdoor:
Leonard Cohen (9:00-9:50)
Black Keys (7:30-8:20)
Beirut (6:10-7:00)
We Are Scientists (5:00-5:50)

My god this would be perfect. Full Franz set, HAUL ASS over to the keys, elbow a few people and get a decent spot for my full black keys set, then HAUL ASS back to mainstage and catch the rest of Morrissey and stay for Paul.

Xenocide
02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
i also makes it so there's only overlap during the first 20 minutes of Morrissey, and none during the last half hour of Franz...

while none between Morrissey, Cohen, & McCartney, while leaving no dead air on both stages at any point...

i really think NASA is gonna be this year's Simian going against McCartney, it also enables the Sahara headliner to play while nobody is playing Main, and even Ghostland ends 30 minutes before the end of Morrissey's set...

no real conflicts (sahara aside), just overlaps...

Sushov23
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Ok as far as what album to start with, it has to be Magic Potion. that is where it all came together for them. Then after that either rubber factory or Attack and Release. But really when it comes down to it, just get all 5 albums and be done with it.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Absolutely not, sushy. I will fight to the death on this

Sushov23
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Absolutely not, sushy. I will fight to the death on this

I came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what album you listen to first, you just need to make sure you listen to all 5 albums. The Black Keys will destroy all, with the exception of a Paul M conflict I will not be missing the black keys. Also Magic Potion IS where it all came together for the black keys. Every song on that album is strong, and is a display of the keys at their peak. Right now with Attack and Release it's part 1 of another book for them.

BeHereNOW
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
1.black keys - rubber factory
2.black keys - thickfreakness
3.black keys - chulahoma
4.black keys - big come up
5.black keys - attack and release
6.black keys - magic potion

there...

although i barely listen to 1&2 anymore those are the strongest to me....
live performance of attack and release songs doesn't sound anything like the record i must say... magic potion is the least played record live these days....

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 10:45 AM
seriously top 3 bands i have ever heard.
perfeccccccccccction <333

AlexBlewHimB4U
02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
The second I hear the first 3 chords of Psychotic Girl...I am getting nekkid...

Who's down ?

Mariano
02-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I've listened Attack and Release and really liked it. I'll be there on friday

Sushov23
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Listen to Rubber Factory, and Magic Potion everyone.

Jon Blazed
02-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Hcc07MyG1aU

rage patton
02-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Do not start with Magic Potion. I am with Salah on this. Thickfreakness is where you HAVE to start with The Black Keys. With that being said, I started on Attack & Release, and I turned out just fine. :)

But honestly, you can't go wrong.

Beirut->The Black Keys on the outdoor theatre would be fucking amazing. Beirut should get the sunset spot and the Black Keys can rock the fuck out after dark.

Sushov23
02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Do not start with Magic Potion. I am with Salah on this. Thickfreakness is where you HAVE to start with The Black Keys. With that being said, I started on Attack & Release, and I turned out just fine. :)

But honestly, you can't go wrong.

Beirut->The Black Keys on the outdoor theatre would be fucking amazing. Beirut should get the sunset spot and the Black Keys can rock the fuck out after dark.

When it comes down to it, everyone who is interested in the Black Keys should just listen to all 5 albums.

psychoc&ndy
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
the black keys need to get a bass player for live shows... =/ love em and all but they have bass on the album "attack and release" and other instruments for certain songs. it just doesnt sound the same with only the duo =/

wrong, he runs his guitar through several amps, most likely turning the bass up on the eq, not to mention a good sound guy will eq it well, and i've seen them once and alot of videos, and i think it makes them great the fact that they are a two piece. its more intimate and all that much more talented that the two of them can create such beautiful and rockin blues. trust me, it will be rockin. if you are in doubt, just remember how many members are in the white stripes and how hard they rock...

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 02:06 PM
just before coachella ill be seeing dans solo show ill tell you all how it goes!!! Wahoo...

Same here...Dan Auerbach @ El Rey in March...his new solo album is fucking GREAT as well.

Black Keys might be the band I'm most excited about, dropped the ball by passing on their show at the Wiltern last year. Despite the haters talking shit on the production that went into it, Attack & Release was the best album of '08 imo.

Can't WAIT for their set Friday night...

Gribbz
02-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Gonna be a good fucking show. And it doesn't matter which album you listen to first in my opinion.

Sushov23
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Gonna be a good fucking show. And it doesn't matter which album you listen to first in my opinion.

I realized it doesn't matter, because all of their albums are great.

Monklish
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
By the way, you're all wrong--you start with Big Come Up.

bruceman524
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
they are the band i have to see no matter what

BeHereNOW
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
great version of 'i got mine' right here:

http://music.kcrw.vox.com/library/post/6a00e398a7497d000100f48cea0e190002.html

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-19-2009, 08:40 AM
the Black Keys and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a "can't miss" in my book. These sets will be fucking amazing.

justinaqui
02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Chulahoma has become one of my favorite records (of anyone). I think the guitar parts are really intricate and cool, even if it's not as hard-rocking.

Taylor
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
I love how the drummer has his mouth open the whole entire time. My high school band teacher would always get after the percussionists who wouldn't close their mouth.

hobomilitia
02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
they have a live DVD thats pretty good too. i think it came out right after rubber factory

TallGuyCM
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
they have a live DVD thats pretty good too. i think it came out right after rubber factory

They put one out recently, too. With a bunch of Attack & Release songs.

TallGuyCM
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
They're playing a "secret show" at the Glass House the day before Coachella starts (Thursday). Worth going to this as well? It would solve any potential conflict on Friday if I had seen them the day before and could see someone like Beirut or Conor Oberst & The MVB instead.

JorgeC
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
they played the Glass House just before Attack and Release came out and it was a really good show, definitely worth going.

TallGuyCM
02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I was planning on going out to Coachella and setting up early on Thursday during the day. If I went to the show, I wouldn't get out there til like 1 am. Probably better off just partying with the early to arrive crowd Thursday night and see 'em on Friday.

Sushov23
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I was planning on going out to Coachella and setting up early on Thursday during the day. If I went to the show, I wouldn't get out there til like 1 am. Probably better off just partying with the early to arrive crowd Thursday night and see 'em on Friday.

you won't get back at 1am. Pomona to Indio is an hour and 30 minute drive tops.

TallGuyCM
02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
you won't get back at 1am. Pomona to Indio is an hour and 30 minute drive tops.

That's what I figured, and that the show would be out between 11-11.30. Plus, I'm staying at an RV park and will have a trailer behind me, so that might make parking around the Glass House more trouble than it's worth.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
The Black Keys rule!!!!!!! Saw them back in 2006 at the Marquee, great show....looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff this year.

msklvr
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Missed them in 2006. Saw them at Lolla last year. It was hot as hell and the band was getting beaten by the sun badly. It was still awesome, but not as enjoyable as it could be.

JSam67
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
^^^They destroyed the Metro the night before Lolla began. Glad I saw them then, much better than a midday festival show from them.

msklvr
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
^^^They destroyed the Metro the night before Lolla began. Glad I saw them then, much better than a midday festival show from them.

Sorry I missed that one. I hope they play at night or in a tent.

Sushov23
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
the Black Keys didn't play 06, they played 07. They killed Coachella 2007, last set I saw that night. The Black Keys will take your soul, they are so fucking amazing.

SFChrissy
03-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Dan killed it last night at bimbos. The haciendas were his band for the night and sounded awesome!!! Gotta see him again!!!

jimbellows
03-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I saw the Black Keys at Proud Larry's in Oxford MS a few years ago, great stuff
http://photosnag.com/img/2269/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

shagmeister
03-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Sadly, I haven't seem them recently, but I still remember their set in 2004. They were in a smaller tent, and there weren't many people there at the start, but by the end they had drawn quite a crowd. One of the more memorable bands at an amazing Coachella.

Jon Blazed
03-15-2009, 10:13 AM
1.black keys - rubber factory
2.black keys - thickfreakness
3.black keys - chulahoma
4.black keys - big come up
5.black keys - attack and release
6.black keys - magic potion

there...

although i barely listen to 1&2 anymore those are the strongest to me....
live performance of attack and release songs doesn't sound anything like the record i must say... magic potion is the least played record live these days....

This is awesome because I've only heard 5 & 6 and I love them. I'm listening to "The Wicked Messenger" right now and it is a great cover.

Gribbz
03-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I hear these guys are good music players.

Jon Blazed
03-15-2009, 10:23 AM
this is just a small prove of how creative these guys are....
awesome dylan cover....

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+Keys/_/The+Wicked+Messenger

great version of 'i got mine' right here:

http://music.kcrw.vox.com/library/post/6a00e398a7497d000100f48cea0e190002.html

nice

Jon Blazed
03-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I hear these guys are good music players.

zvDX0hnOd_I

Jon Blazed
03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
So I was really stoked about catching The Black Keys at Outside Lands Festival last year but some bitch security guard fucked it up. It was suppose to see Black Mountain then The Black Keys and then Radiohead but after the Black Mountain set I got into it with this cunt security guard and just left that stage and went over to the main stage for Radiohead.

I had this OSL trip planned for a while but the weekend before I left I fucked up my foot really bad so I had a hard time walking. And for anyone that was at OSL you know that there was a shitload of walkin. Anyways, after Black Mountain I had to piss and I didn't want to have to walk like a thousand feet over to the porto potties so I limped over to the handicap one's. Well this stupid fat bitch security guard said "you ain't handicapped". I was like "You stupid bitch! Didn't you just see my ass limping over here for like the last five minutes?" She goes "Yeah, but this is for REAL handicapped people" and I said "BITCH, I am really fucking handicapped - hence me walking like a fuckin crippled!" I was already very frustrated that I had to fucking waddle around the place. So I had to take off my shoe and 3 pairs of socks and show this bitch my bruised ass foot. Then I just pushed my way through and went to take a leak. After that I was so pissed that I just waddled over to the main stage. I blame me missing The Black Keys on that nasty bitch. So I'm definitely not missing these guys this year.

BrickTop24
03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
i definetly want to see them live

BeHereNOW
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
So I was really stoked about catching The Black Keys at Outside Lands Festival last year but some bitch security guard fucked it up. It was suppose to see Black Mountain then The Black Keys and then Radiohead but after the Black Mountain set I got into it with this cunt security guard and just left that stage and went over to the main stage for Radiohead.

I had this OSL trip planned for a while but the weekend before I left I fucked up my foot really bad so I had a hard time walking. And for anyone that was at OSL you know that there was a shitload of walkin. Anyways, after Black Mountain I had to piss and I didn't want to have to walk like a thousand feet over to the porto potties so I limped over to the handicap one's. Well this stupid fat bitch security guard said "you ain't handicapped". I was like "You stupid bitch! Didn't you just see my ass limping over here for like the last five minutes?" She goes "Yeah, but this is for REAL handicapped people" and I said "BITCH, I am really fucking handicapped - hence me walking like a fuckin crippled!" I was already very frustrated that I had to fucking waddle around the place. So I had to take off my shoe and 3 pairs of socks and show this bitch my bruised ass foot. Then I just pushed my way through and went to take a leak. After that I was so pissed that I just waddled over to the main stage. I blame me missing The Black Keys on that nasty bitch. So I'm definitely not missing these guys this year.

TBK's will make your fuckin brain handicapped for life =p

Coachella Bound
03-17-2009, 12:00 PM
They're playing a "secret show" at the Glass House the day before Coachella starts (Thursday). Worth going to this as well? It would solve any potential conflict on Friday if I had seen them the day before and could see someone like Beirut or Conor Oberst & The MVB instead.

Def worth going!!!

A. to see them twice in a row
B. get there early for Thee Make Out Party

So I know its been talked about in here, but Im not looking.

If played the sh*t out of Attack & Release and Rubber Factory, I also have Magic Potion but havn't really jumped into it yet. Should i listen to another one first?

Besides Paul & Morrisey, they are my third must see. Pretty sure they'll get the Raconteurs spot from last year.

alicide
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I saw them for the first time at Bumbershoot in Seattle. AMAZING. Do not miss this band.

mvanwinkle
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
how do you get tickets to the secret show at the glass house?

Kerowackattack
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM

I also had to forgo seeing the Black Keys @ OSL so as to get way close for Radiohead, since the distance between stages was the real cunt. (quantitatively, a quarter-mile)
but yeah, I do recall security there being ass holes. they didn't screen/frisk you too bad on entry, but made sure to be douche bags inside.
hopefully this year is logistically superior.

Sushov23
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
how do you get tickets to the secret show at the glass house?

1. log onto ticketmaster
2. Type in The Black Keys in the search option
3. Click on the Glasshouse option for TBK
4. pick the number of tickets you want for the glasshouse show
5. pay for tickets with credit card
6. Get tickets in the mail.
7. Have mind blown at said Glasshouse show.

im so indie
03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
zvDX0hnOd_I

This definitely isn't one of their standout tracks on the album, but they TEAR IT UP live. I was so surprised first time I saw it. Anyone else?

Sushov23
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
The Black Keys are going to destroy at Coachella.
ALSO:Bump.

rage patton
03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Beirut->Black Keys->Franz on the outdoor is gonna be awesome.

mvanwinkle
03-21-2009, 03:08 PM
1. log onto ticketmaster
2. Type in The Black Keys in the search option
3. Click on the Glasshouse option for TBK
4. pick the number of tickets you want for the glasshouse show
5. pay for tickets with credit card
6. Get tickets in the mail.
7. Have mind blown at said Glasshouse show.

so its not really a secret. lol. and thanks.

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 03:09 PM
It really will be, but I'm so sad about missing Moz, ragey. You don;t even understand. I may even shed a tear or two because of it. I dont even wanna think about it right now

rage patton
03-21-2009, 03:10 PM
It really will be, but I'm so sad about missing Moz, ragey. You don;t even understand. I may even shed a tear or two because of it. I dont even wanna think about it right now

Just think how epic it is gonna be Salah. You may shed a tear at first... but then when Franz hit the stage you will forget about Morrissey. This Fire is gonna turn the outdoor theatre into a giant sweaty dance party.

mvanwinkle
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM

have you moz b4 salah. ya hopefully thats what outdoor will be then ill run to paul.I might have to cut out of franz early.

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Just think how epic it is gonna be Salah. You may shed a tear at first... but then when Franz hit the stage you will forget about Morrissey. This Fire is gonna turn the outdoor theatre into a giant sweaty dance party.

I know I know. But still......

And i'm not even thinking about This Fire. No You Girls and Lucid Dreams is making to make me jizz EVERYWHERE.

have you moz b4 salah. ya hopefully thats what outdoor will be then ill run to paul.I might have to cut out of franz early.

I haven't seen him before.

You guys realize that he does Smiths songs, right??

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Fuck, you guys really don't know how badly I wanna see Morrissey. I'm not even kidding about the crying. But I have to be a man about it :(

mvanwinkle
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
youve seen franz b4. id say go for morrissey man. im sure hed love your panties just as much if not more.

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping for a Morrissey/Black Keys conflict.

mvanwinkle
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
doesnt matter what hes conflciting against for me. Ill be seeing something else.

danteb
03-21-2009, 03:45 PM

that would be splendid

Alligator Bogaloo
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM

I concur.... and when did this become the Morrissey thread?

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't mean for it to become an ongoing conversation. Just stating my weariness at the bound to happen conflicts

Sushov23
03-21-2009, 04:01 PM
hey you fucks, this is a black keys thread. Sbess you know better, i'm dissapointed. Talk about the black keys, and make another thread about you missing morrissey. DAMN!

N8EVNdbbYoA

Sushov23
03-21-2009, 04:01 PM

I would not mind this a bit, as long as the black keys don't conflict with Paul Mc, everything will be gravy.

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I can't wait to bitch slap sushy in person

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I would not mind this a bit, as long as the black keys don't conflict with Paul Mc, everything will be gravy.

You're alright Sushov.

boarderwoozel3
03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Why the Moz hate? I'm not missing his set for anything! The Outdoor and Mainstage are so solid on Friday. I want all of both :(

And the chances of me seeing the Black Keys are very slim considering all these conflicts.

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Why the Moz hate? I'm not missing his set for anything! The Outdoor and Mainstage are so solid on Friday. I want all of both :(

And the chances of me seeing the Black Keys are very slim considering all these conflicts.

I don't hate him. I just don't understand his appeal.

More importantly, I'm not a fan of his music. To each his own.

Sushov23
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I can't wait to bitch slap sushy in person

Just say you are kidding and we are still cool man. Don't take it there, it's not a place you would be safe in. All love chen.

boarderwoozel3
03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
...plur...

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
100%

I would love to see you try to get all mexican cholo on me. Dare you

Sushov23
03-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I would love to see you try to get all mexican cholo on me. Dare you

my, how original.

sbessiso
03-21-2009, 05:56 PM
oyyee chicoooo

boarderwoozel3
03-21-2009, 06:05 PM
lulz

Monklish
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Just say you are kidding and we are still cool man. Don't take it there, it's not a place you would be safe in. All love chen.

But if you DON'T say you're kidding you'll have one angry little virgin on your hands, Salad.

Alligator Bogaloo
04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Bring that beat back...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKXlgISd3iA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKXlgISd3iA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Alligator Bogaloo
05-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Bitch.....please......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aDVOXQ5uVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aDVOXQ5uVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

miSTEVEious
05-18-2009, 09:14 AM
the black keys were FUCKING AWESOME

sbessiso
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Hell yeah they were, I also had the pleasure of being on some wicked good 2CI.

Dan's vest/yellow shirt was EPIC WIN

BeHereNOW
05-25-2009, 06:55 AM
pictures bitches!

Alligator Bogaloo
05-25-2009, 08:49 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1016

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1017

The Ting Tings can suck a bag of dicks...

sbessiso
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
memoriessssss

Closing with "I Got Mine" was so fucking spectacular. The build up in that song gives me goosebumps every time I listen to the bootleg

furiacontralamaquina
05-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Here are some of my Black Keys Pictures and links to videos as well:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhtYsmqbTw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrD57CMFVw

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/3532380197_be2ef7a919.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/3533195946_53d4719f72_o.jpg

and the link to my flickr coachella stream (still due some sunday pics because I filled my monthly quota)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardotorress/sets/72157618088386821/

Geno_g
05-25-2009, 10:50 AM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/Coachella%202009/100_0606.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/Coachella%202009/100_0610.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/Coachella%202009/100_0609.jpg

sbessiso
05-25-2009, 11:05 AM
I get so happy every time I see that vest/yellow shirt :pulse:pulse:pulse

frazzles
05-25-2009, 11:41 AM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9451/img0622l.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1137/img0637.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4741/img0638o.jpg

Gribbz
05-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Awesome pictures Frazzz.

TheWatcher
05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/MyNameIsTaken/P1080372.jpg

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/MyNameIsTaken/P1080376.jpg

Kid B
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Those pictures are awesome. Great set.

BeHereNOW
05-28-2009, 09:33 PM
killers are on letterman right now and you know what? they can suck 10k bags of my fckn friholes farts.... CHECK THIS OUT, fckn A:

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2009/03/dan-auerbach-enters-the-ss.php#

Alligator Bogaloo
06-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Buyer beware...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBPGm4Fbo0Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBPGm4Fbo0Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cknaz
07-04-2009, 10:49 AM
the black keys at coachella was probably the single best live act i've personally seen. they sounded so good, and just rocked my face off. i'm getting so pumped to see them again at All Points West.

sbessiso
09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
What?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/09/11/the-black-keys-team-up-with-anyone-whos-anyone-in-hip-hop-for-new-project/

While details remain a bit sketchy, as Billboard reports and this teaser trailer confirms, The Black Keys have teamed up with hip-hop heavyweights Mos Def, Q-Tip, RZA, Raekwon, Ludacris, Pharoahe Monch, NOE, Nicole Wray, Billy Danze, and, somehow, the late Ol’ Dirty Bastard for a brand new project called Blakroc.

The collaboration reportedly got underway in early summer in Brooklyn, N.Y and will come to fruition on November 27th when Blackroc releases a yet-to-be-titled album. According to Donewaiting, The Black Keys served as producers of the effort, which will consist of 11 tracks and be released on a label started by Dame Dash and The Black Keys management.

Obviously, more details are still forthcoming, and, as always, we’ll have them when they become available.

Gribbz
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I support this.

Coachella Bound
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
not a bad group of hip hop artists. not the best but at least its not lil wayne or something non educational like that.....

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_2b44e9d0210c4b0e833b57bf6212d0ae.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/79/l_8f565816402e4d2890cc3d9407104ef8.jpg

yes i do rule!

sbessiso
09-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Such a sexy outfit

BeHereNOW
09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
What?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/09/11/the-black-keys-team-up-with-anyone-whos-anyone-in-hip-hop-for-new-project/

if QTip decided to make a blues album I wouldn't bother hearing it... neverming RZA.... samewise i think I'll pass on this bedrock blakrock shit

i'll stick to that badass outfit

Mr. Dylanja
09-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I never posted any of my Mile High pics in here? I'll try to get some up this weekend.

SFChrissy
09-18-2009, 11:52 AM
these guys have soul...which is missing in a lot of new material!!!

Alligator Bogaloo
11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Per the latest issue of Rolling Stone, The Black Keys have a new album coming out in Apr 2010. Woohoo!!! The Black Keys for Coachella and Bonnaroo 2010. Do it!

Monklish
11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Per the latest issue of Rolling Stone, The Black Keys have a new album coming out in Apr 2010. Woohoo!!! The Black Keys for Coachella and Bonnaroo 2010. Do it!

Ha, Jesus Christ, well fuck it, why not? The Black Keys can come back every fucking year. Anyone who wants to complain can take their vagina back across 8 Mile.

Naproxen
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Ha, Jesus Christ, well fuck it, why not? The Black Keys can come back every fucking year. Anyone who wants to complain can take their vagina back across 8 Mile.

HA well put. I would love to see The Black Keys again. I listened to a few tracks from that Blak Roc collab project and its decent, I would have no problem with that project showing up in April either.

PJandBompton
11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
doubt they'll be back but i could see them doing a West Coast tour including the Palladium before heading east for Bonnaroo...

unit300021
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
im ok with the black keys playing every year, and chances are ill see them everytime

sin213
11-30-2009, 05:20 PM
lol dylan - better late than never.

you got any tool?

seandigi
11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice pics dude.

encyormartin
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Where was this Mile High show at?

Mr. Dylanja
12-16-2009, 01:26 PM
dEnVaH

seandigi
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Those Tool pics are dope. I have not seen those.

BeHereNOW
01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
here's a download with lots of black keys rarities... any black keys fan should download this:

http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2009/03/black-keys-rare-ones.html

sbessiso
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH

:pulse:pulse:pulse

patriotsftbll786
01-15-2010, 04:19 AM
thank you!!!

Alligator Bogaloo
01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
here's a download with lots of black keys rarities... any black keys fan should download this:

http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2009/03/black-keys-rare-ones.html

Awesome... so much good stuff. My Black Keys library is complete!

sbessiso
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I think im going to throw up. Why did it have to be on this date? Why does God hate me so much? WHY WHY WHY

i do think im gunna cry a little

The Black Keys at Fillmore Miami Beach

Date:
Sunday 04/18/10
Show:
8:30 p.m.
http://tickets.livenation.com/cgi-bin/tickets.htm?fun=tdetailb&doc=detailb&ev_id=12520&affiliate=CKE&key=249$12520

Alligator Bogaloo
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Sweetness! New Black Keys album drops on 5/18.

Dig it!

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1543

http://pitchfork.com/news/38059-the-black-keys-announce-new-album/

ajax4747
03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
NICE!!

C DUB YA
03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
AKRON OHIO REPRESENT!

clumsy342
03-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't wait.

sbessiso
03-04-2010, 01:56 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37428&highlight=brothers

seandigi
03-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Hopefully this new album means a tour this Summer. I still have not seen The Black Keys.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37428&highlight=brothers

You should have posted your info here in the Black Keys thread. We don't need mutiple BK threads. So, Salah, will you be rocking out to the Black Keys with me at Roo this year?

vinylmartyr
03-04-2010, 09:04 AM
What is the best Black Keys album. I have seen them live but I know nothing about them.

Mr. Dylanja
03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
You really can't go wrong with these guys but I'd recommend their most recent album, Attack & Release. Thickfreakness is another one of my favorites, and if you like rap at all you might want to give Blakroc a shot.

clumsy342
03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
oddly enough, I've only seen the Black Keys at Coachella. (3 times)
and they are one of my all time favorite bands.

I came close to seeing them in Phoenix one time, but was kicked out for underage drinking.
I ended up watching through an open door about 100 feet from the venue. drunk, and still singing along.

Gribbz
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
What is the best Black Keys album. I have seen them live but I know nothing about them.

They're all pretty solid.

uZz4_x4tA0o

3X_lOZI9KWI

2yqSyK4LHIE

sbessiso
03-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Theyre all great but I always say start with Rubber Factory

You should have posted your info here in the Black Keys thread. We don't need mutiple BK threads. So, Salah, will you be rocking out to the Black Keys with me at Roo this year?

You know nothing would make me happier but sadly no Roo this year for me :(

vinylmartyr
03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Thank guys. I am gonna pick up an LP soon. Probably Tuesday when I go get the Liars record.

yeahfontaine
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Thank guys. I am gonna pick up an LP soon. Probably Tuesday when I go get the Liars record.

Have you heard Sisterworld yet? It's SOOOOOOO great. I'm buying it, too, BTW. I just ordered the double-CD with other artists' interpretations on the
2nd disc. Can't wait.

vinylmartyr
03-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Nope have not heard it.

BeHereNOW
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Pixies Get Their Own Skate Shoes
Vs
Black Keys Hip-Hop Project: The Car!

http://pitchfork.com/news/37207-black-keys-hip-hop-project-the-car/

i prefer the chevy over the vans and mos definitely the keys over the pixies and the(ir) worst bass player that ever touch this earth

just kidding, but got damn!

http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~john.brassil/photos/6-11-12%20grimeys/6-11-12%20grimeys%20the%20black%20keys%20left%20pano.jp g

TallGuyCM
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
The Black Keys over the Pixies?!??? :nono :nono

And I love the Black Keys.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
The Black Keys are back!

04-08 Iowa City, IA - University of Iowa Memorial
04-10 San Francisco, CA - Yuri's Night Bay Area 2010
04-17 Live Oak, FL - Wanee Music Festival
04-18 Miami, FL - The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason
04-19 Orlando, FL - House of Blues
05-20 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden *
06-02 Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot
06-03 Denver, CO - The Fillmore
06-04 Kansas City, MO - The Crossroads
06-08 Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
06-09 Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
06-10 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
06-11 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
06-23 London, England - Roundhouse
06-26 Evreux, France - Le Rock dans Tous Ses Etats
06-27 Nijmegen, Holland - Rock 'n Park
06-28 Amsterdam, Holland - Paradiso
07-02 Belford, France - Les Eurockeennes
07-04 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter
07-05 Birmingham, England - Academy
07-06 Manchester, England - Academy
07-27 New York, NY - Central Park SummerStage #
07-28 New York, NY - Central Park SummerStage #

* with Pearl Jam
# with the Morning Benders

daxton
03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh, hey, thanks boys for coming NOWHERE near me.

BeHereNOW
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
madison square garden w/pearl jam? schween!

Sushov23
01-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Here we go again 2011. Told you they would be subheadliners.

BeHereNOW
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Here we go again 2011. Told you they would be subheadliners.

so is Mumford & Sons... wha?

chairmenmeow47
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
the possibility for conflicts has me thinking of last year's friday. i may need to go to the phoenix show the thursday before just to calm myself.

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
yeah the whole idea of a "subheadliner" seems to be thrown out the window

Alligator Bogaloo
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Yay! I get to see the Black Keys two nights in a row! Woohoo! AZ to CA...

macdre1380
01-19-2011, 11:56 AM
black keys are gonna throw it down...

PrettyRagdoll
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping for some Blakroc guest appearances but Black Keys are badass...

BeHereNOW
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping for some Blakroc guest appearances but Black Keys are badass...

i'm not sure how likely this would happen but is not quite impossible

the same 2 guys backing up the 4 piece/live songs of Brothers (dan+pat + bass+organ) were the same back up used on the live appearances of Blakroc in letterman and all that

Sublime
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Because of this thread I will be seeing them live. I thank you

Sushov23
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
you are welcome! also bump

JustSteve
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
the resident working with my doctor came in the other day and we were talking about coachella. turns out he is a huge black keys fan and has been going to shows for 7 years, even flying to several gigs.

schmechel-deckle
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Every time they are around I hope they will play some songs from rubber factory, the insane classic rock vibe taht they create, but I'm thinkin we will get a lot of new album stuff and some obvious hits.... still going to be an awesome rock performance

juddyboyo8o
03-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Hopefully they give us a little bit of everything since they already did most of their Brothers tour. Regardless theyre gonna be awesome no matter what they play.

Exoskeletal
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Agreed...Black Keys are gonna hurt some kids with their badassery.

ZombieRobot
03-28-2011, 08:39 AM
they were my top pick when I first saw the lineup! I can't wait!

faxman75
03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
They are tight as ever. I loved the show I saw in Vegas, can't wait to see them again!

ayalael87
03-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Seriously hoping for thickfreakness. Yie.

Sublime
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Been listening to nothing but brothers for a week straight now. Did they play a lot of the new album at the Vegas show?

chairmenmeow47
03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Seriously hoping for thickfreakness. Yie.

oh yeah. they opened with thickfreakness in san diego last fall. it was killer.

faxman75
03-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Been listening to nothing but brothers for a week straight now. Did they play a lot of the new album at the Vegas show?

Yes and I would expect the same at Coachella.

Mr. Dylanja
03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
When/where do you think they'll play?

Gribbz
03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Probably during Sasha, Boys Noize, or the Chemical Brothers.

Exoskeletal
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Gotta be Mainstage, in a better time slot than they had in '09...I would imagine after the sun goes down. I'm thinking TBK>>KoL on the MS...?

fredbull
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM

im hoping during sasha and boys noize.... if i can see the black keys, chemical brothers, ORLG and magnetic man i will be beyond stoked... i would hate for any of those to conflict with each other.... i don't know what i would do....

grichsgang
03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I would be shocked if they weren't next to last

Alligator Bogaloo
03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=121&pictureid=2255

Dig it!

pentatonic swede
03-29-2011, 10:13 AM
:laughyou

the blacks keys are the awesome counterpart to the white stripes

zircona1
03-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I keep missing them. I've been to two other festivals where they've been on the bill but I've missed them due to seeing someone else. I like a few of their songs, only album I've heard from them is Rubber Factory.

If they don't conflict with anyone on Friday (like the Chemical Brothers or Robyn) I'll see them.

Sublime
03-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Praying for Boys Noize cuz I can't miss the other two.

thombjork
03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Gotta be Mainstage, in a better time slot than they had in '09...I would imagine after the sun goes down. I'm thinking TBK>>KoL on the MS...?

i'm thinking the same thing...which will be legit for me because the only KOL song i like is what they usually open up with (Crawl). then i can bounce on over to chem bros.

ahh yes....i fucking love the black keys. never seen em at a festival before. their show in vegas was fantastic. they're at the top of their game these days

Mr. Dylanja
04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
So, what do you guys think the setlist will look like? Is it going to be a typical Brothers set because they haven't played Coachella since it's release? Or are they going to switch up because they've toured Brothers pretty extensively since it's release? It is a festival set, hmmm.

I sure would like to see the play "Psychotic Girl," "Oceans and Streams," or "Everywhere I Go."

nathanfairchild
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
when i saw them at lolla they did a half old stuff set with just the two of them, and a half brothers set with the touring members. not sure if that is what they did at the solo shows though.

faxman75
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Lolla setlist

1.Thickfreakness
2.Girl Is On My Mind
3.Strange Times
4.The Breaks
5.Stack Shot Billy
6.Busted
7.Same Old Thing
8.Everlasting Light
9.Next Girl
10.Chop and Change
11.Tighten Up
12.She's Long Gone
13.Ten Cent Pistol
14.Your Touch
15.I'll Be Your Man
16.I Got Mine

Vegas setlist from February.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Getbetter/blackkeys219.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Is that Brazilolla?

JAvina1283
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM

will do!

Sublime
04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Favorite Black Keys

1. Song
2. Album

ZombieRobot
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Favorite Black Keys

1. Song
2. Album

1. shes Long Gone
2. Brothers

(This was really tough.....)

But I really love Unkown Brother, Too Afraid to Love You, Tighten Up, Everlasting Light, Next Girl, The Go Getter.

Unfortunately my MP3 player doesn't support .flac so I haven't given then first album much listen.

nathanfairchild
04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
1. Just Got To Be
2. Magic Potion

*favorite live song - Stack Shot Billy

Sublime
04-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately my MP3 player doesn't support .flac so I haven't given then first album much listen.

Easily convertible if you open the files in WinAmp and have them converted to some file type i don't remember. then you open the files in itunes and you can convert them to MP3 from the 'advanced' drop down

Mr. Dylanja
04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Oceans & Streams
Rubber Factory

Every song is great live.

Iamwelting
04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
1. Grown so ugly (I know it's a cover, but it's great)
2. Chulahoma, just because it's so different

nathanfairchild
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
also, i fucking love the moan ep. it's what introduced them to me

Mr. Fuzz
04-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Remember When (Side B)
Rubber Factory

Mr. Fuzz
04-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Lolla setlist

1.Thickfreakness
2.Girl Is On My Mind
3.Strange Times
4.The Breaks
5.Stack Shot Billy
6.Busted
7.Same Old Thing
8.Everlasting Light
9.Next Girl
10.Chop and Change
11.Tighten Up
12.She's Long Gone
13.Ten Cent Pistol
14.Your Touch
15.I'll Be Your Man
16.I Got Mine

Vegas setlist from February.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Getbetter/blackkeys219.jpg

I was at both of these shows.

brotherbear
04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
What are the chances of hearing The Only One live?