PDA

View Full Version : Late Additions

esy191
01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm starting this thread now so that when we do eventually have late adds, we know where to put them, rather than 20 people creating different threads saying "¡¡¡¡1¡CHEM BroS AdddeD!!11!1!!"

First off though, I had a question about the nature of late additions:

Are late additions planned as such in order to prolong excitement and media attention for the lineup? Or are they simply matters of bands not being able to confirm until past the date of the lineup release?

DFrank
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm wondering if they just released the lineup (of what they had so far) because its taking too long to try and add others? But there will definitely be a Sahara Tent add on...hopefully chemical bros.

kretz
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Early ticket sales will be a big factor. Saturday's sucked last year because honestly who has really heard of Portishead, so they got Prince.

Sladokusac
01-30-2009, 01:18 AM
they need
the chems
orbital
underworld

or something of that kind, cause a lot of dance kids and electro fans will not show up for this line up

pancakespancakes
01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Blur, Chemical Brothers, Underworld, that's who they'll get. I'd be stoked on the last two...

ATamreLion
01-30-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm starting this thread now so that when we do eventually have late adds, we know where to put them, rather than 20 people creating different threads saying "¡¡¡¡1¡CHEM BroS AdddeD!!11!1!!"

First off though, I had a question about the nature of late additions:

Are late additions planned as such in order to prolong excitement and media attention for the lineup? Or are they simply matters of bands not being able to confirm until past the date of the lineup release?

I'd rather people make 20 different threads than have one huge thread full of 99% bullshit.

My hat goes off to people that start new threads when cool stuff happens.

trancehiphop
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
i dunno...but please get someone that will make my dick wiggle at least a little bit for gods sake...fuck...

Astrid
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM
honestly who has really heard of Portishead

what the fuccccccccccccck are you talking about? what?what?whaaaat??

everyone i know was shitting bricks for portishead.

insidetheface
01-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Early ticket sales will be a big factor. Saturday's sucked last year because honestly who has really heard of Portishead, so they got Prince.

FAIL... Friday & Sunday were both selling slower, when they got Prince to confirm, he was only available for Saturday...

thedevious
01-30-2009, 02:14 AM

It was Kraftwerk and Portishead on Sat , that's like christ and vishnu. Prince just took that shit from fucking awesome to bust a nut stupid.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I really, really want some of these added to Saturday:
surprise epic headliner or subheadliner
Orbital or the Chemical Brothers
Asobi Seksu
Deerhunter
Boris
Emmy the Great

stinkbutt
01-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Friday and Sunday are perfect

Saturday needs some help

matsuolost
01-30-2009, 02:27 AM
saturday needs royksopp, chemical brothers and phoenix

ADrunkPoet
01-30-2009, 02:29 AM
I have no intention to get into a flame war, and will keep my criticism to this one line of text:

Every day needs help in the Sahara.

ravennome
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Royksopp and MYLO please give some love in the Sahara...