PDA

View Full Version : MehChella

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
For all those who cannot find anything good, or bad, in the lineup.

I'm stuck in decision limbo.

kitt kat
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
GET OUT

Failed State
01-30-2009, 12:04 AM
hey dont worry im with you

vogina
GET OUT

Can I strip you naked =)~, with my girlfriend watching

Mister DVNO
Don't get me wrong, the lineup has quality bands. It's just none of them really scream out to me, "COME SEE ME!"

travolta
01-30-2009, 12:06 AM
+1

a for sure trip is now not so sure.

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm going to meh my way through Friday, slowly start to show signs of a smile through Saturday, and sulk my way through Sunday until MBV takes the stage

matsuolost
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
meh indeed

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 12:18 AM
http://www.loungelightmedia.com/images/smilies/meh_cat.jpg

frisbeee
01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
not to stoked at all at the moment, especially with the headliners. though a handful of the acts are enough to get me to go.

mindcradle
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM
We were all set up for disappointment. And I feel it succeeded.

I never thought I would go to Bonnaroo, and now depending on the lineup, I feel I just might need to entertain the idea now.

Coachella, I love you, but you really brought me down. After my 7 years, I think i may just have to wait until the next decade.

stinkbutt
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm going to meh my way through Friday, slowly start to show signs of a smile through Saturday, and sulk my way through Sunday until MBV takes the stage

wow you really are as lame as your screen name

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 12:59 AM
wow you really are as lame as your screen name

And you have the maturity of yours.

cansei de ser sexme
01-30-2009, 01:05 AM
i cannot believe anyone could be disappointed with this lineup.

travolta
01-30-2009, 01:06 AM

get over it

DFrank
01-30-2009, 01:07 AM
If your'e a justice fan, then i dont see your problem with crookers, mstrkrft, or bloody beetroots all playing on saturday.

anti-square
01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Its time for you to start discovering some hidden gems on the line up.

Hopeless Semantic
01-30-2009, 01:11 AM

Seriously, if you cannot get-up for some act on this line-up then it's simple...find something else to do during that weekend. It won't matter to anyone that finds something to catch.

sadsappysucker
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Its time for you to start discovering some hidden gems on the line up.

Serious shit. Besides Portishead and Black Lips and all of the Sahara acts last year I wasn't very excited when seeing the line-up posted initially, but this year I literally screamed and jumped out of my chair. It's quite sad to hear that there are people disappointed with the line-up, but I know that with a little research everyone that's upset will find something they like.

esy191
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
I feel this exact same way.

Plenty of bands that I like. But none that I am truly really excited to see.

None.

Even the worst of years has at least one band that grabs my attention.

Epitome of meh.

travolta
01-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Seriously, if you cannot get-up for some act on this line-up then it's simple...find something else to do during that weekend. It won't matter to anyone that finds something to catch.

sheesh so the lineup doesn't wow us. is that fucking acceptable to you?

why do you people care anyway...

ATamreLion
01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
The lineup is so sick, especially Friday. I'm sure a lot more is to come, but I'm really content.

Hopeless Semantic
01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
It's fine to think the line-up is "meh" when you have credibility to back it up. Not to jump out and reign so much disappointment. The line-up is barely a few hours old and suddenly, there's an onrush of people with some twisted idea that Coachella is their own personal iPod. The SPIRIT of the festival is to be drawn in and to experience a whole slew of other acts. It's called expanding your personal horizon. There's no sense of discovery if you're expecting to see a line-up with acts that you already have a sense of admiration for. It's that simple. There is no reason to be objectively negative and disregard the festival's purpose as a whole.

travolta
01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
It's fine to think the line-up is "meh" when you have credibility to back it up. Not to jump out and reign so much disappointment. The line-up is barely a few hours old and suddenly, there's an onrush of people with some twisted idea that Coachella is their own personal iPod. The SPIRIT of the festival is to be drawn in and to experience a whole slew of other acts. It's called expanding your personal horizon. There's no sense of discovery if you're expecting to see a line-up with acts that you already have a sense of admiration for. It's that simple. There is no reason to be objectively negative and disregard the festival's purpose as a whole.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

Hopeless Semantic
01-30-2009, 01:26 AM
It's okay...I didn't expect much out of you anyhow.

travolta
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
It's okay...I didn't expect much out of you anyhow.

im crushed.

Gribbz
01-30-2009, 01:28 AM

Correct.

antpeople
01-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm in the Meh camp. Saturday looks like the day I WANT to see. It's not that is a let down, but I have seen alot of the bands before and live in phoenix, so alot pass through here right before Coachella....for 10 bucks and 50 people in the room...so, I guess I am on the meh fence right now too.

Maybe some acts will be added that this will be my only chance to see them...maybe.

blobby1
01-30-2009, 07:23 AM
sheesh so the lineup doesn't wow us. is that fucking acceptable to you?

why do you people care anyway...

Because that's what I'm paying close to 300 bucks for and driving across the country - to be wowed. I'm not saying the lineup is bad, just nobody on it does it for ME, except maybe Paul, Ghostland, or PE.

travolta
01-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Because that's what I'm paying close to 300 bucks for and driving across the country - to be wowed. I'm not saying the lineup is bad, just nobody on it does it for ME, except maybe Paul, Ghostland, or PE.

no i wasn't defending the lineup

krk67
01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
I feel this exact same way.

Even the worst of years has at least one band that grabs my attention.

Epitome of meh.

Sure, at least one band from previous years grabs your attention -- in HINDSIGHT.

Do some research. Maybe you'll find a couple of new favorites.

drewoftherushes
01-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Sure, at least one band from previous years grabs your attention -- in HINDSIGHT.

Do some research. Maybe you'll find a couple of new favorites.

krk, who's the band getting together for a reunion that you through would be on the lineup? are they here?

you wouldn't tell us before.

amidoingitwrite
01-30-2009, 07:35 AM
whats wrong with my bunny?
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1232354859191s.jpg

RedThom
01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and channel another board member for this post

You're a fucking piece of shit

Mister DVNO
01-30-2009, 07:56 AM

I hope that wasn't directed towards me.

Now that it's the day after, here are my thoughts:

I think I was expecting some sort of a huge headliner, and to be frank the ones on the poster are disappointing (IN MY OPINION.) Yes, I love MBV and the YYY, but I don't know how I feel about the Killers and Franz Ferdinand playing longer sets on prime stages.

That being said, a lot of the bands on the poster are very good. You're right, I like Crookers and Surkin and Paraone; The Kills are always good and the Presets will be a good show. The problem is, for me personally none of them kind of SCREAM to me, "You have to see me!" Last year, I listened to Animal Collective religiously, blasted Kavinsky everytime I got in my car, and tried to emulate Holy Fuck songs on my MicroKorg. The lineup last year screamed to me, "You have to see these bands!" This year, there are still good bands...it's just, "meh."

With the exception of Liars, I'm very stoked about that.

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 08:25 AM
just go and enjoy yourself

I'm sure you'll see a band you've never heard of and you'll be blown away

RedThom
01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope that wasn't directed towards me.

Now that it's the day after, here are my thoughts:

I think I was expecting some sort of a huge headliner, and to be frank the ones on the poster are disappointing (IN MY OPINION.) Yes, I love MBV and the YYY, but I don't know how I feel about the Killers and Franz Ferdinand playing longer sets on prime stages.

That being said, a lot of the bands on the poster are very good. You're right, I like Crookers and Surkin and Paraone; The Kills are always good and the Presets will be a good show. The problem is, for me personally none of them kind of SCREAM to me, "You have to see me!" Last year, I listened to Animal Collective religiously, blasted Kavinsky everytime I got in my car, and tried to emulate Holy Fuck songs on my MicroKorg. The lineup last year screamed to me, "You have to see these bands!" This year, there are still good bands...it's just, "meh."

With the exception of Liars, I'm very stoked about that.

more the pic above

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Im still on the fence, but im gonna wait for the bonnaroo line up to make a decision.

Coachella Bound
01-30-2009, 08:29 PM
whats wrong with my bunny?
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1232354859191s.jpg

Its the only thing ive ever seen um post.... just random ass pictures!

i mean Greg posts alot of pictures but there funny and usualy relavent to the last few posts...

this character "amidoingitwrite" is just plain out of left field.

zikade
01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Everyone has a year where Coachella disappoints them. Last year was mine, this year's will be others'. The only constant is that if you end up deciding not to go, something unexpected always happens that makes you regret it. Last year was Prince and Waters, I don't know what this year will be but I GUARANTEE something will happen that will make those that stayed home weep.