PDA

View Full Version : FUCK THE KILLERS

boyalien0
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Please post here if you agree that THERE IS NO WAY The Killers can headline. List your reasons.

tyler0js
01-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Please post here if you agree that THERE IS NO WAY The Killers can headline. List your reasons.

Killers = Jack Johnson

JustSteve
01-29-2009, 11:55 PM

go to bed.

gaypalmsprings
01-29-2009, 11:55 PM
this slays me

moomoo
01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
No shit man, they've got to slap a bigger name over them in due time...

flowbee
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Killers = Jack Johnson

Killers > Jack Johnson

rkawar
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
dude. seriously
eat shit.

one day has a weaker headliner.

fact is killers sell out all their shows and make tons of money. they already have HUGE FUCKING bands playing on other days.

dont bitch.

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 12:00 AM
not only are the killers headliners, but they are the SATURDAY headliners. how fucked up is that? there's no way the killers can possibly headline saturday of coachella. impossible. that's always been the marquee day of coachella. this is very sad indeed. we can only hope that there is an addition (like prince last year) to knock the killers' sorry asses to the second line.

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
FUCK THE KILLERS! But I think something big will get added to Saturday

greenspicoli
fuck them. i won't come out of sahara all saturday

djjsin
Becaue they arent headlining. They are a placeholder like portishead last year. Until they announce that the real headliner is britney spears.

dont believe me. look at the show. britney is in LA that whole weekend, and has no gigs saturday. they did it with prince. now its giong to be britney.

cdt16
01-30-2009, 12:04 AM
ya, i think that a big headliner will be added on saturday. and isn't it wierd that the cure is closing the festival instead of paul mccartney???

ThomThom
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm sure there will be additions you dipshits, calm down.

darrocknroll
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm hoping there might be better add ons in the future... The killers are weak compared to Paul McCartney and the Cure, and having Amy Winehouse as a subheadliner on sat isn't helping much either. Thievery Corporation makes me excited though.

boyalien0
01-30-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm sure there will be additions you dipshits, calm down.

This was all I asked for.

tyler0js
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Becaue they arent headlining. They are a placeholder like portishead last year. Until they announce that the real headliner is britney spears.

dont believe me. look at the show. britney is in LA that whole weekend, and has no gigs saturday. they did it with prince. now its giong to be britney.

compare Prince to Spears again, do it, I dare you, i double dare you.

djjsin
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
i think its wierd that coachella fro the 10 year anniversary put the cure on there. Right after kroq had them headline sunday for acoustic christmas. and they've already played.

Sunday was laways hard until 2008. Tool. RHCP. Rage. NIN. they should have put metallica on there. eh sunday. epic fail

i wasnt comparing prince to spears. I respect prince. I think he's a master. But i think they are going to try to do with britney and FAIL what they did with prince.

evolvedance
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM
So... this is going to sound crazy. I liked the killers when first getting into more rock music years ago. Their first album was decent enough. There were tons of bands that I no longer listen to or respect much from back then (Deathcab, Metric, Bloc Party...) and Killers became one of them. It so happens that about a year ago, I was working at UCSB as a concert coordinator and we ended up booking the Killers (because they sell). So, I was at the show working... not expecting much... but to tell you the truth, these guys impressed me. They put a LOT of work into their live show. A LOT. I'm talking about staging, characters, costumes, scene changes, lighting and whatever else. Though this doesn't change the fact that their songs aren't very strong. It was really entertaining to watch. They really have a lot of showmanship. And unfortunately, certain bands of whom I really do like their music put on crappy shows. I've seen animal collective three times (walked out one of the times even)... And the only time I ever enjoyed WATCHING them... was when I was on acid. (surprise!) Though I will give them credit for great ad libbing of their music, they just suck to actually watch because they don't connect with their audience. Man Man, on the other hand, amazing live.

evolvedance
01-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Also, I can't wait for more surprises to be added. I feel like the lineup is too standard coachella lineup this year. I guess the lineup doesn't matter so much since I tend to go more for the experience than to systematically watch bands I can see play in more intimate venues elsewhere.

corazonesdepapel
01-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Reasons why they cannot be headliners...
1999 BECK RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
2001 James Addiction Paul Oakenfold Weezer
2002 Bjork Oasis
2003 Beastie Boys Red Hot Chili Peppers
2004 RadioHead Pixies The Cure
2005 Coldplay Nine Inch Nails
2006 Depeche Mode Tool
2007 Bjork Red Hot Chili Peppers Rage against the machine

i cannot imagine standing around the main stage where they all played prior too, the killers should be in a tent far away perhaps in a tent called an amphitheater in LA or Morongo they hold shows there. But main stage Coachella and closing the night Ii donít care if they sold out a million of shows prior.

frisbeee
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM

this

Stefachink
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey djjsin, what artists do you LIKE on Sunday's lineup? Just wondering.

buddy
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
even if the killers headline tv on the radio, fleet foxes, or band of horses will be on another stage at the same time, so thats fine by me.

sapako
01-30-2009, 12:57 AM
dude. seriously
eat shit.

one day has a weaker headliner.

fact is killers sell out all their shows and make tons of money. they already have HUGE FUCKING bands playing on other days.

dont bitch.

Why don't YOU try eating shit? Looks like there's only one "bitch" here, and it's not the poster.

If you don't like the topic of a thread, it's not required that you write something.

And for the record, the Killers will not be the headliner come saturday night. Anyone with half a brain could tell you that.

sapako
01-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Reasons why they cannot be headliners...
1999 BECK RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
2001 James Addiction Paul Oakenfold Weezer
2002 Bjork Oasis
2003 Beastie Boys Red Hot Chili Peppers
2004 RadioHead Pixies The Cure
2005 Coldplay Nine Inch Nails
2006 Depeche Mode Tool
2007 Bjork Red Hot Chili Peppers Rage against the machine

i cannot imagine standing around the main stage where they all played prior too, the killers should be in a tent far away perhaps in a tent called an amphitheater in LA or Morongo they hold shows there. But main stage Coachella and closing the night Ii donít care if they sold out a million of shows prior.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sladokusac
01-30-2009, 01:02 AM
yes, my biggest disappointment is the killers headlining
that is just so poor and weak for a festival of coachella calibre
i am very very disappointed in seein that boring band so big on my fave poster

er7rookie
01-30-2009, 01:05 AM
is Coachella economic crisis ?

Jremy
01-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Killers = Jack Johnson
I disagree: Killers<Jack Johnson

bump

ForbiddenDisco
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM

I concur

roadrunner
01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
what do you expect when KROQ is a major promoter for the show? of course they're going to stick their smelly infected moose cock of a band in everyones face. This band has not put in enough festival circuit time to be a headliner. They didn't even make it on SPINS top albums of 08 while Dear Science from Tv on the Radio topped the list. I hope they hand a razor blade and anti-coagulant to everyone that walks in to the venue that day.

jokerfit
01-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Killers > Jack Johnson

whole lot of shit>killers> jack johnson

Boourns
01-30-2009, 02:38 AM
I would not be surprised if there is something epic to be added. We already know Sahara acts are definitely being added, or fortune-telling pal confirmed this, but I think we will end up grateful that the lineup was announced as-is because once whatever is coming is posted, the fest will sell out, if it hasn't already.

iloveorangejuice
01-30-2009, 02:42 AM
I love the killers. So I'm excited. Just go eat a tri tip sandwich when they're on.

hegemon
02-05-2009, 02:41 AM
EFF THE KILLERS!

Gribbz
02-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Jesus... ANOTHER killers thread?
Yes, I get it. The Killer suck. See the other 300 threads that discuss it.

deeznutz
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Here's a great article on the killers:

http://www.sundaypaper.com/More/Archives/tabid/98/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3593/The-Killers.aspx

canexplain
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Why don't YOU try eating shit? Looks like there's only one "bitch" here, and it's not the poster.

If you don't like the topic of a thread, it's not required that you write something.

And for the record, the Killers will not be the headliner come saturday night. Anyone with half a brain could tell you that.

cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/half20brain.jpg