PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will be the REAL headliner for Saturday?

Pages : [1] 2

corbo
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
can't be the killers. can it?

digitaldragon03
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
The Chemical Brothers will be added and headline, bank on it.

chairmenmeow47
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
my brain can't compute, i see an empty space in their slot on the poster. it just can't be.

corbo
01-29-2009, 11:36 PM
im talking bout Main Stage headliners. Altho Chem Brothers would be awesome for the tent

FireOfDecember
The Cure or MBV

corbo
wha? lol

noYOU'REatowel
01-29-2009, 11:45 PM
dude i was just thinking the same thing. No way it's just The Killers.

Fri - Paul McCartney, Morrisey

Sun - MBV, The Cure, YYY's

Sat - The Killers, ???

My hope is that OUTKAST will be announced.

Do you think Amy Winehouse is big enough, sober enough to sub headline?
I don't think she is. She was in the Gobi 2007, right? IMO she had a good set even though you could tell she was only 70% into it. They need another name for Saturday.

corbo
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
that show is going to be a wreck!
i think pple may wanna see that.

BillyCrystal
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Saturday does seem weak by comparison. Maybe they figure that if they load up Friday and Sunday, and then sandwich Saturday in the middle, people will just go to Saturday by default.

sithlord
01-29-2009, 11:49 PM
it will be neil young for sure.

from booker t's website:

With choice accompaniment by the capable Southern rock visionaries Drive By Truckers and a sound often pushed into over drive by the volcanic lead guitar of rock and roll legend Neil Young, it is an altogether extraordinary set. Featuring a mixture of newly written songs and a trio of intriguing covers, all recorded in a scant one weeks time, Potato Hole captures Booker T at the critical peak of a renewed creative phase in his storied career.

booker t is already playing saturday, so is drive by truckers...so i'm banking on neil young being added to saturday. blam.

corbo
01-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Saturday does seem weak by comparison. Maybe they figure that if they load up Friday and Sunday, and then sandwich Saturday in the middle, people will just go to Saturday by default.

nah. its never worked like that. wait for the announcement

tyler0js
01-29-2009, 11:50 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only one slightly disappointed

humanoid
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM

probably true...Saturday seems like the obvious day for more people to be able to go in general

they loaded up Friday pretty well this year

humanoid
01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
before anyone gets too disappointed, please check out some of the bands you don't recognize....personally, I think they scored

noYOU'REatowel
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM

lol totally agree. i will be there. but just strange that Saturday, last years biggest day, is this years weakest IMO. Can't wait for this...

http://www.seriouscelebritynewsnetwork.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/amy_winehouse_4_wenn1832955.jpg

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
the killers and the cure just played almost acoustic... .a month ago. this is terrible.

kitt kat
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM
WILL IT BLEND
MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCE

hypervera
01-30-2009, 12:07 AM
the killers are the saturday headliners

Failed State
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
saturday= worst coachella day in history!!! at least bring in Of Montreal.

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
the killers and the cure just played almost acoustic... .a month ago. this is terrible.

at least the cure has enough in their catalog that it will probably be diverse. they are really good about switching up their shows and what they play. i have faith, 2004 was amazing, i just hope they aren't late this year like then.

cdt16
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
i really don't think the cure will close out this year! rage and waters and then the cure??? at least put mccartney on sunday to close!

Dj Oso Fresh
01-30-2009, 01:03 AM
The killers make a good opener for NO DOUBT.

and Replace Amy Whinehouse with KOL

Jremy
01-30-2009, 03:01 AM
MUSE!
MUSE!
MUSE!
Killers would be a great opener for them.
just saying

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-30-2009, 03:08 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one slightly disappointed

Slightly? I think we will all see the Massive disappointment when people wake up...and the internetz machine gets going...Do you remember the shit that was said last year about the line-up? What do you think they are gonna say about this one?

fiopadp7791
01-30-2009, 03:08 AM
nah. its never worked like that. wait for the announcement

Actually Sunday last year had Roger Waters and Justice, but otherwise there weren't nearly as many acts as the other days. I think it's no better than 50/50 that anyone major gets added on Sat. It would be nice though, because there does seem to be a void in the lineup that day. Even if it's someone "2nd tier" like Bloc Party or Kings of Leon.

Jakedeez
01-30-2009, 03:14 AM
I could see the Killers being headliners. I'd take them over Jack Johnson any day!

billyboyblue
01-30-2009, 03:19 AM
swap the top spot for Blur please

jockeyfullofbourbon
01-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Killers headlining Saturday=Less money I have to spend on tickets. Thank you goldenvoice!

magmazing
01-30-2009, 03:27 AM
The Killers have a semi-decent stack of hits, but I think "Human" and this latest album have created a substantial backlash that's come at the worst possible time for Goldenvoice.

iloveorangejuice
01-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Hopefully still the Killers. Love them

beavington
01-30-2009, 04:35 AM

Sorry to tell you, it is the Killers, it always has been the Killers and will be the Killers.

Fucking Amy Winehouse though! oh yeah.

FakePlasticMe
01-30-2009, 04:56 AM

PLEASE jesus christ I was just hoping for Blur. I'd trade anyone on there just to get that ONE band. Instead we get The Killers and Amy Winehouse...

captncrzy
01-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Sorry to tell you, it is the Killers, it always has been the Killers and will be the Killers.

Fucking Amy Winehouse though! oh yeah.

Wrong. It was DP; fell through.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 05:26 AM
The question, most likely, is: who will replace or get added to Winehouse and
Thievery Corp on the second line?

Neil Young's a definite possibility. I'm surprised not to see Kings of Leon there.

twoheadedboy
01-30-2009, 05:28 AM
even i think there will be someone added to saturday, it's just a little empty right now...
granted the killers brought in a HUGE fucking crowd at glastonbury
but it seems like saturday is missing something

twoheadedboy
01-30-2009, 05:29 AM
i thought amy winehouse was dead... does she even have a new album coming out?

paganman7
01-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Last year, Friday had the worst headliner, and it was also my favorite day.

This year, Saturday has the worst headliner, and a preliminary analysis is suggesting it will be my favorite day.

There's something for everyone. I'm satisfied.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 05:47 AM
I seen the Killers 3 times...as long as they play Domo Arigato Mr Roboto...wait...um I"m confused, different band, different era....

As long as they play Mr Brightside...well, I'm happy!

genghisnyc
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
it's got to be bowie.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Bowie killed at the Isle Of Wight some years ago...is he still on his game?? Be great to find out!

Somewhat Damaged
01-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Saturday having the weakest headliner actually makes a ton of sense. Friday's the most difficult day to sell out, so having the biggest headliner play that day gives it a better chance of bringing in the biggest crowd. Sunday is also less likely to sell out compared to Saturday since a lot of people have to go to work on Monday. Saturday is conflict free for the most part, though, and Goldenvoice can count on the casual LA/SD music fan to drive to Indio for that one day regardless of who's playing just because it's the thing to do that weekend.

That being said, my favorite acts of the last 3 Coachellas have been the first subheadliner from those festivals' respective Saturdays: Daft Punk, Arcade Fire, and Portishead. So for it to be Amy Winehouse this year (or perhaps eventually the Killers, if GV pulls another late headliner addition a la Prince last year) is jarring. But for the first time in 3 years, I'm actually looking forward to Sunday's lineup, so it's a fair trade.

devon
01-30-2009, 06:53 AM
daft punk

SecretPrescription
01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
im hoping for a big surprise like last years aphex twin & prince.

otherwise this year hurts bad

greghead
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM

Maybe not, she destroyed Glastonbury, at least in the clips I have seen

TheCutestBoyAlive
01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
I could see the Killers being headliners. I'd take them over Jack Johnson any day!

I agree!! haha

I feel the lower tier acts are what it's all abou this year. Thank god we don't have a really popular, lame mainstream headliner like RAGE or the RHCP to stomp through the polo fields. I think this year it's all about us on the message board, minus your bowie+smiths bits.

pandaroo
01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
I agree!! haha

I feel the lower tier acts are what it's all abou this year. Thank god we don't have a really popular, lame mainstream headliner like RAGE or the RHCP to stomp through the polo fields. I think this year it's all about us on the message board, minus your bowie+smiths bits.

Oh god! Most of the rage fans were aweful! we went to Spank Rock!

joshc
01-30-2009, 07:19 AM
isn't that why they're bringing in Britney?

arlyn
01-30-2009, 08:16 AM
lol totally agree. i will be there. but just strange that Saturday, last years biggest day, is this years weakest IMO. Can't wait for this...

http://www.seriouscelebritynewsnetwork.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/amy_winehouse_4_wenn1832955.jpg

So incredibly attractive.

watercurses
01-30-2009, 08:54 AM

i said the same thing about the cure, AGAIN.

corbo
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
i didnt catch the cure last time around. i watched the acoustic christmas webcast and they were awesome so im not too bothered by them

Mockingbird73
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
It will be No Doubt.

eh.

KNEE GROWS
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
THE KILLERS WILL HEADLINE, GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

corbo
01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
yeah im surprised No Doubt didnt make the lineup.
i would bet on them too

corbo
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
THE KILLERS WILL HEADLINE, GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

you probably said the same thing last year...then PRINCE was announced.

Kid B
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Bowie
PLEASE be Bowie

jennygirl
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
ZEPPLIN! DAMMIT.

corbo
01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
i want to see U2

MonsoonSeason
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM

I hope it's not blur, then I'd have to sit through the killers so I could get a good spot

corbo
01-30-2009, 09:57 AM
yeah thats the only bad thing about this.
whoever the REAL headliner is...we'll have to sit through the killers to get a good spot for them.
I hope whatever big name is added plays in the sahara tent

patricksw
01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Killers headlining Saturday=Less money I have to spend on tickets. Thank you goldenvoice!

I said that at first, but then the difference is really like $60 because of the price break-- I'd rather just have the ticket so I can go when/if I want.

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 10:24 AM
eff u all the killers will KILL it on saturday you will see!

corbo
01-30-2009, 10:44 AM
i will be somewhere else. so it doesnt matter whether they headline the mainstage or not. it'll give me a chance to check out something new

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
i think either, Nine Inch Nails, Chemicle Brothers, Prodigy, David Bowie, Radiohead, Neil Young, or someone else will be added last minute like Prince was.

cause i dont think the Killers are headlining material yet.

well for coachella anyways.

brokenDREAMS
01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
orbital please...

karma_guy
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
idk
i could see them having thievery corp up against the killers
bleh

but still, did anybody notice Hercules & love affair is playing sat and antony & the johnstons is playing sunday, so antony MUST be playing with hercules
so excited

xxorcoxx
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Probably lil wayne the way this year is going

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:12 AM

anyone else.

if jj can do it...

obzen
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Saturday having the weakest headliner actually makes a ton of sense. Friday's the most difficult day to sell out, so having the biggest headliner play that day gives it a better chance of bringing in the biggest crowd. Sunday is also less likely to sell out compared to Saturday since a lot of people have to go to work on Monday. Saturday is conflict free for the most part, though, and Goldenvoice can count on the casual LA/SD music fan to drive to Indio for that one day regardless of who's playing just because it's the thing to do that weekend.

That being said, my favorite acts of the last 3 Coachellas have been the first subheadliner from those festivals' respective Saturdays: Daft Punk, Arcade Fire, and Portishead. So for it to be Amy Winehouse this year (or perhaps eventually the Killers, if GV pulls another late headliner addition a la Prince last year) is jarring. But for the first time in 3 years, I'm actually looking forward to Sunday's lineup, so it's a fair trade.

:rolleyesso you like Tool.

corbo
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
anyone else.

if jj can do it...

yeah...but this is SATURDAY

corbo
01-30-2009, 12:01 PM

strategery!

imapixie
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
*crosses fingers for Regina Spektor on any day* <3

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
i want to see U2
If U2 shows, I am just glad I have my pass bought and paid for...I know tons of people who will want to jump on that bandwagon for sure!

Jremy
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM

No it wont be. I can guarentee you that. Mark my words GV has a few tricks up their sleeve for additions.

corbo
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
*crosses fingers for Regina Spektor on any day* <3

i gotta admit...i enjoyed regina spektors set when she last played coachella

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling that you guys are setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

corbo
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
no...not really...if the killers ARE the mainstage headliners i will be somewhere else on the polo field.

stuporfly
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Rolling Stone is speculating Bruce Springsteen...

Rolling Stone on Coachella (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/01/30/paul-mccartney-the-killers-and-the-cure-top-coachella-lineup/)

The organizers of the first big festival of 2009, California’s Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, have finally announced the lineup for their epic desert fest: Paul McCartney, the Killers and the Cure will headline on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively (the fest runs April 17th, 18th and 19th at the Empire Polo Club in Indio). The date will mark the U.S. festival debut of Sir Paul, who says in a statement, “I have heard that Coachella is one of the greatest festivals in the world. I’m really excited to get out there and rock!” The April 17th lineup will also include Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Leonard Cohen, Franz Ferdinand and Morrissey (not the Smiths, as many had hoped). Joining the Killers on the April 18th are TV on the Radio and the return of Amy Winehouse.

Robert Smith and Co. are headlining on April 19th, but the real draw may be My Bloody Valentine, who will finally make their Coachella debut after being at the forefront of most booking rumors last year. Sunday night is ’80s Night at the Indio festival, with bands like X, Throbbing Gristle, Public Enemy and Paul Weller all performing. Plus, there will be sets from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Lupe Fiasco.

On the smaller stages, each day is dotted with top shelf indie acts, ranging from the Black Keys, Girl Talk and the Hold Steady on Friday to Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses and Liars on Saturday and Okkervil River, Antony & The Johnsons and No Age on Sunday. And that’s just naming a few.

If there’s one night that maybe looks weaker on paper, it’s probably the Saturday, April 18th lineup. Coachella had a cure to improve their slow-selling Saturday bill last year: adding Prince at the last minute. This year, there’s a star by the name of Bruce Springsteen who happens to be available during Coachella because of a six-day gap in his tour schedule that leaves him in Los Angeles with nothing to do starting on April 15th. Coincidence? We’ll find out soon.

Keep in mind, today’s announcement doesn’t include all those specialty dance tents that Coachella features. Britney Spears is among those rumored to be playing a dance tent in a move similar to Madonna’s appearance at the festival in 2006. Tickets for this year’s festival go on sale today at noon at the Coachella site, and interested buyers may want to take advantage of a layaway payment plan: today through February 28th, fans can pay 50 percent of the cost of a weekend pass now and the rest in either two installments or one final payment in March and April.

KindigerJ
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
The Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk. Pick either and I'm already wetting my undies.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
So this Brittany rumor is really a rumor??? GAH!!!!!

Boourns
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Rolling Stone also speculated Britney Spears, RHCP, and...Blur.

I really want Blur but i think it's another case of MBV where they won't be ready in time.

DanWiss90
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
hey its funny because everyone is complaining about saturday but its actually my favorite day. Atmosphere is my favorite rap group, mastodon is my favorite heavy band (besides tool) and i also love michael franti and spearhead's stuff.

The headliners are not the biggest draw to coachella

devon
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
I think it's no better than 50/50 that anyone major gets added on Sat.

Every year i've been they've added people.

Aphxtwinin
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Britney Spears better not be in that tent......the only reason madonna was ok in there was cuz it was madonna

thom cobain
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
you want kroq? beck, muse, white stripes, even pearl jam, all better than the killers.

U2 would be great. hope they add the queens somewhere.

ultimate saturday night headliner wish, underworld.

Shooters08
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
MUSE

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Underworld...word...

talkinginmaths
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Realistically NIN or Coldplay. If we want to get into fantasy realm either Bowie or Daft Punk.

thom cobain
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
bowie, yes. coldplay? one of the worst headliners coachella has ever had.

Sexecutioner
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
hopefully neil young will get back on board. that would make me a very happy camper.

hobomilitia
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/31976-depeche-mode-reveal-sounds-of-the-universe-tracklist

Depeche Mode has a new album out april 21...

sbessiso
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
The REAL headliner

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_joaniecox/killers.jpg

full 90 minutes baby

phantom
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
id LOVE to see radiohead, bowie, daft (all doubtfull) or white stripes, muse, U2, elton john, even britney over the killers IMO, she may not have talent, but she is entertaining.

Laura owns you
01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
i'd prefer
1. outkast
2. no doubt
3. daft punk

but honestly, the REAL headliner is going to be mark and salah during the killers.

melinfromberlin
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
modest mouse please :)

greghead
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I would rather watch Office reruns on the jumbo screen for 90 minutes than watch the Killers. But I understand there is other music, if they are truly headlining, you will find me in Gobi, Mojave, or Sahara blowing minds with my dance skillzzzzz

youcutyourhair
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Depeche
Mode

New album coming out around coachella weekend

dancinfool69
01-30-2009, 03:50 PM
MUSE should headline for saturday!!! or Kings of Leon!

bremex
01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
NO DOUBT OR BLUR.

We need a reunion!!!

Foucault
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
saturday= worst coachella day in history!!! at least bring in Of Montreal.

I support this entirely.

Foucault
01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
And what happens when Amy Winehouse drops out? Then the mainstage will be The Killers -- with nobody else!

coolhandluke
01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
So would this be the first coachella where no reunion headliner is present. And by reunion I mean even people who haven't played the US in years. Ala Daft Punk in 06. My bet is some reunion for Sat. Would not be surprised if it was orbital.

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
stop complaining about the killers acting like little kids.
why not the killers? their to mainstream and ur to kool to listen to them? or just not ur taste?
they sell millions of records jus as any past headliners therefor their headliner worthy wuld u rather see amy? come on now its good as it is

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
So would this be the first coachella where no reunion headliner is present. And by reunion I mean even people who haven't played the US in years. Ala Daft Punk in 06. My bet is some reunion for Sat. Would not be surprised if it was orbital.

no way no how orbital will not reunite for coachella dont get ur hopes up high they plan to reunite at big thrill disappointing as it is thats whats gonna happen

greghead
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
stop complaining about the killers acting like little kids.
why not the killers? their to mainstream and ur to kool to listen to them? or just not ur taste?
they sell millions of records jus as any past headliners therefor their headliner worthy wuld u rather see amy? come on now its good as it is

Because their music is terrible and I believe that their presence on the bill will bring a higher percentage of shitty high school kids and sorority girls.

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Because their music is terrible and I believe that their presence on the bill will bring a higher percentage of shitty high school kids and sorority girls.

and do u rly think GV cares?
whatever makes them get money if thats not the case they wouldnt of booked macca for this.the killers are a modern act more people kno them right now so why not.dont like them do see them i bet their goin to be insane

twoheadedboy
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
The REAL headliner

full 90 minutes baby

oh sbessio, i love j00

they better play longer than 90 minutes though

prettyenoughforyou
01-30-2009, 04:57 PM
modest mouse please :)

yeah i'm with you. i was really betting on them playing since they have a spring tour but now that they're not on the bill, i don't regret the purchase of my tickets for 2/24! so excited! but seriously they should play. the only time they played was the first coachella, i believe.... they're due!

sbessiso
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
oh sbessio, i love j00

they better play longer than 90 minutes though

I don't think they will. The shows on this tour have been 90 minutes, I believe. Thats fine, by the end of that hour and half, when they break into "When you were young", our lives will never be the same

but honestly, the REAL headliner is going to be mark and salah during the killers.

You know it!

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
haha fail on killers winehous should be headliner xD

jjbaldwi
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
It's gonna be the Killers.

Boourns
01-30-2009, 10:39 PM
There's no way Amy Winehouse plays any later than sunset, which would have her from 7:30 to 8:30, so unless there is two hours of downtime between her and the Killers, someone is coming.

jjbaldwi
01-30-2009, 10:44 PM
There's no way Amy Winehouse plays any later than sunset, which would have her from 7:30 to 8:30, so unless there is two hours of downtime between her and the Killers, someone is coming.

I bet TVOTR and Band of Horses precede the Killers.

Winehouse closes Outdoor perhaps

jjbaldwi
01-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I could see a couple acts added, but I would bet $$$$ the Killers headline

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM
The REAL headliner

If my shit formed a band it would look like this.

thatfinkleygirl
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM

well, gv always have something up their sleeve....
and i hope that something is david bowie.
or the white stripes.
or GORILLAZ.

benhur
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
killers will be dropped...and the headliner will be U2 hopefully

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Well there's one less sub-headliner than the other days underneath the killers on saturday. So I'm expecting either a knock down of whinehouse or thievery corporation for a new act, or at least one more sub-headliner for saturday.

Let's hope it's something good if anything.

)|( Senjikyru )|(
01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Though The Killers have gotten a bigger fan base over the years and came a long way from playing small bars here in Las Vegas I still dont see them being the real headliner for saturday night.

Just some thoughts here on some bands/artists jsut based off names Ive seen in this post... plus my own.

U2 would be an awesome addition and has tons of songs that would make a great show people would have a great time at.

David Bowie would just be amazing to see live and Im sure would put on a hell of a performance.

Depeche Mode possible due to album release though I passed them up to see Daft Punk and wont ever regret that.

Muse would be good to see aswell but even though Im a fan I still think they lack headliner material that would just blow people away.

Outkast is something Id personally love to see but dont really see them being the epic headliner type for the main stage.

Neil Young legendary artist but dont see him being a big pull for those that dont know of his work so personally I see this doubtful.

Led Zeppelin would be amazing but I just dont see it happeneing.

Now just a personal addition here to who I think would be a decent headliner if one of the above isnt picked.

Aerosmith.
I think they would draw in a good amount of people and have enough material to give a good show.
Hearing Dream On live would just be awesome and although some of the more recent recordings of Aerosmith have been more mainstream I feel they would put on a far better show than The Killers ever would.

Either way we just have to sit tight and see what GV throws our way.
Im sure they have this all set up and " weakened " saturday on this poster for a reason.

We just have to wait to see what it is :)

Though Jack Johnson headlining shows anything is possible lol

PS: +1 to Underworld and Chemical Bros for Sahara.

PSS: Not a huge Radiohead fan but dont count them out either since so many people on the boards love them so much and I admit that the 2004 performance was very well done.

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-31-2009, 03:09 AM
TV On The Radio The Killers and who ever they late add in for tent action

Boourns
01-31-2009, 03:20 AM
The headliner revealed:

PizGV-zKi44

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-31-2009, 03:56 AM
Bowie
PLEASE be Bowie

how many times does he have to say no hes bowie and he says No id love to see his whole persona again tho, but he said he isnt planning on it anytime soon

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-31-2009, 06:47 AM

BITE YOUR TONGUE

daft pleaseeeee :)

Tigo the Tiger
01-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Muse would totally kick ass! Shit even U2.....just don't let it only be The Killers or I will have to kill myself!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM

I wouldn't mind one bit if Lil' Wayne headlined Saturday...as long as he put on a great show...A MILLI!!!!!

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
The headliner revealed:

PizGV-zKi44

Still better than the killers

Smokenut
01-31-2009, 01:03 PM
REAL SATURDAY HEADLINE!

OUTKAST! & George Clinton Mothership

maybe SADE?

the killers are fucking great! stop hating u radiohead, kings of leans lame ass'

Smokenut
01-31-2009, 01:04 PM
realistically speaking

Bruce & E street band

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Saturday night Sahara headliner

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYnzSvBeCqE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYnzSvBeCqE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know you want it.

hegemon
02-05-2009, 02:37 AM
???

cr8vbeats
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
U2 please

trashle626
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
coachella please do the riight thing
and get BOWIE!!!

natelan
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
The headliner revealed:

PizGV-zKi44

Sweet Jesus, make it stop...

zajaa
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
bowie please. i don't care if this year is oldchella. nobody does.

eh it's not going to happen. ::cries::

KungFuJay
02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Maybe I am a pessimist but I do not anticipate there being any major additions. There may be some Sahara/dance additions but I don't give a shit about those.

heyeric
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope there are no late headlining additions for saturday or any day in that case, just so the board topics like this can move on there way to 2010.

GottaHaveMusic
02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
It should be Billy Talent!

Don't know why they are so teeny tiny on the listing! They are sooo friggin' awesome! and the only reason why I would trek to the middle of the desert and shell out big $$$ for...

KungFuJay
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, Billy Talent just posted!

GottaHaveMusic
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey guys, Billy Talent just posted!

Dork!

tyler0js
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM

yeah, and I would rather have The Offspring headline

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 11:06 AM
outkast would be really cool
i would love muse or radiohead.

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
ohhh i forgot to add no doubt or kings of leon
ahhhhhhhhhhmazing

electrocute
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I would LOOOOVE Bowie, Blur, or Muse. Those are like, the headliners of my dream Coachella. Also, Gorillaz would be amaaaaazing as a subheadliner but their newest material doesn't really float my boat.

cacahead01
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
REAL SATURDAY HEADLINE!

OUTKAST! & George Clinton Mothership

maybe SADE?

the killers are fucking great! stop hating u radiohead, kings of leans lame ass'

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

cacahead01
02-15-2009, 09:21 PM
It should be Billy Talent!

Don't know why they are so teeny tiny on the listing! They are sooo friggin' awesome! and the only reason why I would trek to the middle of the desert and shell out big $$$ for...

...it was even stupider than this.

TallGuyCM
02-15-2009, 10:52 PM
From what I hear, it's almost for sure to be Bruce Springsteen added on Saturday night.

I mean, he's playing the L.A. Sports Arena on the Wednesday and Thursday before Coachella. It would fit his tour itinerary perfectly. I'm not a big fan of his, but they say he puts on one of the best live shows out there.

Pencil that in for sure, much more likely than the other speculations at this point.

gooftroop
02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
From what I hear, it's almost for sure to be Bruce Springsteen added on Saturday night.

I mean, he's playing the L.A. Sports Arena on the Wednesday and Thursday before Coachella. It would fit his tour itinerary perfectly. I'm not a big fan of his, but they say he puts on one of the best live shows out there.

Pencil that in for sure, much more likely than the other speculations at this point.

No. I think the Killers will remain the headliners and I'm hoping they add the Chemical Brothers or some other insane Sahara act. I'll be attending only one headliner's show this year and that's just fine by me, the headliners are NOT what makes Coachella so great ('06 was headlined by Depeche Mode and Tool for instance).

mikeynla
02-15-2009, 11:56 PM
the haters, bitchers and complainers on this site amaze me! If you don't like the line-up, don't go!

Just because the Killers can be considered "Top-40" and mainstream, there is so much hate here toward them!

Live and in-person, they are an AMAZING band, with passion and true talent. Of course, this is my opinion, as is your anti-Killers opinion. But I just can't comprehend the hate... There are tons of acts performing over the three days, so if you don't like the Killers, don't see them!

Coachella is amazing because of the sheer numbers of very different people it brings together. Most years, I've only been familiar with, maybe, 20% of the bands, but tried a bunch of new bands out, and have been BLOWN AWAY!

Stop the hate... bring the love, y'all!

:)

Peace... can't wait for mid-April!!!!

Rockstarboy37
02-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Dude you don't get it. We don't hate the killers because they are popular. We hate them because they make horrible music.

darkjustice
02-16-2009, 12:10 AM
manehiem steamroller

mikeynla
02-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Dude you don't get it. We don't hate the killers because they are popular. We hate them because they make horrible music.

No, dude... PLENTY of people agree that the Killers do NOT make horrible music. Ok, fine... there's been some bad stuff. But I just dig them live... so stop the damn hating!

gooftroop
02-16-2009, 02:10 AM
No, dude... PLENTY of people agree that the Killers do NOT make horrible music. Ok, fine... there's been some bad stuff. But I just dig them live... so stop the damn hating!

The Killers...are ok live. My personal opinion yes, but I think if you ask the majority of diehard Coachella fans out there they would fall into 2 groups:

1. Have never and don't care to see the Killers live so will probably skip them
2. Have seen and, despite whatever level of enjoyment it was at, do not feel they should spend their Saturday's closing moments seeing them

And then I am sure there is the minority that is super happy to have the Killers as the headliners. Well I'm glad for you people. I will NOT be joining and that's fine by me, I hope GV uses their money to book something else...

mikeynla
02-16-2009, 02:23 AM
The Killers...are ok live. My personal opinion yes, but I think if you ask the majority of diehard Coachella fans out there they would fall into 2 groups:

2. Have seen and, despite whatever level of enjoyment it was at, do not feel they should spend their Saturday's closing moments seeing them

And then I am sure there is the minority that is super happy to have the Killers as the headliners. Well I'm glad for you people. I will NOT be joining and that's fine by me, I hope GV uses their money to book something else...

Ok... *this* is a response I'm down with! Tho I am a Killers fan, I can see your point very clearly...

But, to me, the wonder of Coachella has always been that, even when the "headliner" sucks, there are plenty of other bands to see...

GauchoGuy17
02-16-2009, 05:53 AM
I sincerely hope that a better Saturday headliner is added. I'm having a tough time convincing my friends to go. As of right now, we're probably not going unless we can get a good deal on tickets closer to the event. I know that if it were someone like Neil Young or Outkast at the top of the bill on Saturday with the Killers as a subheadliner, it would be a lot easier to convince them.

stuporfly
02-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Monkees reunion.

garrett222
02-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Neil Young - Saturday Night Headliner!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Neil Young - Saturday Night Headliner!

Maybe..just maybe...

sansucre
02-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Anyone, as long as it is not JUST the Killers. I'll take that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:19 AM
You can do alot worse then having The Killers headine...just sayin'

AHEM...

thestripe
02-16-2009, 07:10 AM

Hahahahaha.

Let's play retard and pretend that this is true. Would the Killers allow this to happen? To knowingly expose themselves like that? What would the main stage look like? Gaslight Anthem > The Killers > Bruce?

The L.A dates work against this theory. Bruce is also headlining Bonnaroo. The Boss won't be at Coachella. I think this years headliners will remain unchanged.

GauchoGuy17
02-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Hahahahaha.

Let's play retard and pretend that this is true. Would the Killers allow this to happen? To knowingly expose themselves like that? What would the main stage look like? Gaslight Anthem > The Killers > Bruce?

It would be perfect if The Killers could end their set with When You Were Young and Boss could open his with Born to Run.

Albertrogu
02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I like The Killers, but I do not think they should be the headliners on Saturday.
I will love to see the BOSS: Bruce Springsteen. I hope he could be there.

sothere
02-16-2009, 10:54 AM
killers? eh whatever...

I'd probably give a limb to see an NMH reunion... or just Jeff Mangum on Saturday. What god would be in charge of making that happen?

obzen
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I think if you ask the majority of diehard Coachella fans out there they would fall into 2 groups:

:thu

and for the record-im totally down for Neil Young closing Saturday at this point.

TallGuyCM
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
The Killers play 90 minute sets. The headliner should play at least 2 hours. Hell, The Cure will probably play for almost 3 hours on Sunday night.

There are two legendary festival acts who have histories of putting on epic 3 hour + sets that would work GREAT Saturday night...

My Morning Jacket or Pearl Jam.

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Pearl Jam, YES
My Morning Jacket,

Again?

obzen
02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
bring on Pearl Jam

corbo
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
i agree. PEARL JAM should be added as the Saturday Headliner

Optimistic
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
How abour R.E.M. Now that's a great Saturday headliner.

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I fully endorse a Pearl Jam addition.

sbessiso
02-16-2009, 02:55 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05fj6uxbH8eIx/340x.jpg

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I fully endorse a lot of bands, but that's not saying much because of ^

Sizzledra
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
NIN and Jane's Addiction.

obzen
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM

^no real talent/passion

sbessiso
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
MAJESTIC!!1

obzen
02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
i concur with this too

NIN and Jane's Addiction.

obzen
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
MAJESTIC!!1

majestic fail

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Flowers reminds me of a poorly done Bowie and his band, U2-Lite.

TallGuyCM
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, since this Coachella is reunion-less, a Jane's Addiction reunion would be appropriate.

Although, just a warning: I'm a big guy, and if Jane's is there and they play "Three Days" I can't guarantee I won't pass the fuck out right on top of someone.

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
MBV is sort of a reunion, X don't tour very often and Throbbing Gristle is super rare. So there are some reunionish bands.

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
nope, doesn't count. If the Wikipedia page is to retain any credibility, Jane's Addiction must headline over the Killers.

Or MINISTRY!!!! OMZG

I Hand You Your Head
02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
The Chemical Brothers will be added and headline, bank on it.Please please please tell me I can believe you!

obzen
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
MINISTRY!!!! OMZG

nope
did the farewell c u la tour w/Meshuggah last year-fucking crushing it was:afu

jockeyfullofbourbon
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd like seeing the Killers headline as much as this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHGWZ_XiKDA

psycobetabuckdown
02-17-2009, 12:34 AM
nope
did the farewell c u la tour w/Meshuggah last year-fucking crushing it was:afu

All right then, who's reuniting, Mr. smarty-smart smartface.

obzen
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
All right then, who's reuniting, Mr. smarty-smart smartface.
-shrugs-
:)

involvelemons
02-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Are you guys honestly pumped for Neil Young? I mean, I'm no 19 year old electro clone, but I'm not 50, either. Can they stop pushing bands that my dad has unsuccessfully been trying to get me into for the last 26 years of my life? Prince was tight...I guess. Until I realized his show would have felt more at home in Vegas.
Fuck it. At least he played Controversy.

psycobetabuckdown
02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Neil Young's good but I agree with you. I sort of wish he'd be there so I have something besides the Killers but I only wish that because it's the Killers. But really, The Killers are on Saturday at least, not Sunday, it won't be that bad. I'll try to enjoy it and maybe I will some of it. I may not be a soldier but I do have soul.

BKsaysAction!
02-18-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm probably with a lot of people that wanted Bowie but having all the headliners from bands that started 20+ years ago besides the killers I want something that will stand out from the other two nights so i'm saying the Chemical Brothers.

gruvlicius
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I agree!! haha

Exactly. I can do without the drunken assholes that like those acts overrunning our peaceful Coachella.
Saturday is actually the day I'm most excited about...but not because of the headliners. I can't believe I get to see Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Blitzen Trapper and Drive By Truckers all in one day.
If Neil Young is brought on the bill I'll be in heaven. And actually watch the headliner for once.
**Lauren**

roboticwaltz
02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
While I would totally love Neil Young, I still wanna fucking rock out at the end of the night, not do the hippie-folk-rock-swing-your-lighter-in-the-air thing. Besides, Macca and Leonard Cohen (and Robert Smith too, really) already filled the old guy quota for the year.

Bring the Prodigy/Chem Bros./or possibly Pearl Jam (keep dreaming)!

gruvlicius
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
bowie please. i don't care if this year is oldchella. nobody does.

eh it's not going to happen. ::cries::

Ha...Oldchella! It totally is and I totally don't care. I'm 33. I'm no high schooler. I want Bowie or Neil Young or Springsteen.
**Lauren**

gruvlicius
02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
killers? eh whatever...

I'd probably give a limb to see an NMH reunion... or just Jeff Mangum on Saturday. What god would be in charge of making that happen?

oh, I have goosebumps just thinking about NMH at Coachella. Obviously not a headliner, but would be sooo awesome.
**Lauren**

lullabynoir
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
oldchella >>>>>>> brochella

word.

imapixie
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
what about No Doubt? they are starting a tour in the summer, they could do a pre-tour thing maybe?

gruvlicius
02-18-2009, 08:42 PM
My votes for headliner Saturday are:

#1 Pearl Jam
#2 White Stripes
#3 Neil Young
#4 REM

I particularly do not want U2.
**Lauren**

Though I don't understand why Wilco is

lullabynoir
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
no doubt plays bamboozle may 3, so it's feasible, who knows...

laureber
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
BLUUUUR!!!!!!

please!!!!!
♥♥♥

Foucault
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Let's just be honest with ourselves about The Killers:

They're basically just another milquetoast Christian rock band that has succeeded fantastically in convincing thousands that they are something else, something more, something better--but they're not.

Voltron3009
02-18-2009, 09:07 PM
One word, three syllables: MSTRKRFT

nancyfromdetroit
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
add MUSE, NIN, or The Prodigy, PLEASE!!!!!

PurpleDanks
02-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Gorillaz

AlecEiffel
02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Let's just be honest with ourselves about The Killers:

They're basically just another milquetoast Christian rock band that has succeeded fantastically in convincing thousands that they are something else, something more, something better--but they're not.

another? Who else would you put in this category?

Foucault
02-19-2009, 09:00 AM
another? Who else would you put in this category?

Well, here's a place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_rock

Mostly thinking of the awful bands in the line of:
OneRepublic, Civil Twilight, The Fray, Chevelle, Angels And Airwaves, The Classic Crime, and Alter Bridge

AlecEiffel
02-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, here's a place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_rock

Mostly thinking of the awful bands in the line of:
OneRepublic, Civil Twilight, The Fray, Chevelle, Angels And Airwaves, The Classic Crime, and Alter Bridge

Fair enough, though I've never heard of some of those bands and some of them, namely Alter Bridge, aren't exactly hiding their Christian roots, so I don't really feel like I've been duped or anything.

Also, do you feel that there is a problem with a Christian artist (or an artist of any religion, for that matter) dealing with their beliefs through their music? It doesn't necessarily make them a "christian rock" band.

obzen
02-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Alec,its okay-just tell them youre a killers fan-you aint gotta lie to kick it big dawg!! :afu

AlecEiffel
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Alec,its okay-just tell them youre a killers fan-you aint gotta lie to kick it big dawg!! :afu

I do like the Killers, but whether or not I like them has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Foucault
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Fair enough, though I've never heard of some of those bands and some of them, namely Alter Bridge, aren't exactly hiding their Christian roots, so I don't really feel like I've been duped or anything.

Also, do you feel that there is a problem with a Christian artist (or an artist of any religion, for that matter) dealing with their beliefs through their music? It doesn't necessarily make them a "christian rock" band.

No, more power to those with Christian beliefs, and to those bands who sing about them, especially if their Christianity is broad-based and not hateful. Alas, the LDS is an amazingly hateful church that spurns difference (see prop 8), so I bristle at the notion of a Mormon band that espouses Mormon 'values' (i.e. The Killers) headlining Coachella.

Not trying to be a hater here, just pointing out something previously not mentioned.

D.M.B.4Coachella
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Will Smith is headlining saturday. jesus people, get that in your head. begin to get jiggy with it.

AlecEiffel
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
No, more power to those with Christian beliefs, and to those bands who sing about them, especially if their Christianity is broad-based and not hateful. Alas, the LDS is an amazingly hateful church that spurns difference (see prop 8), so I bristle at the notion of a Mormon band that espouses Mormon 'values' (i.e. The Killers) headlining Coachella.

Not trying to be a hater here, just pointing out something previously not mentioned.

I think we're in a murky area here. First off, while some of Flowers' beliefs may come out in his songs I don't think his intention is to preach. I also don't think he is a typical LDS. He seems to have no shame in his influences, many of whome are openly gay men singing openly about issues within the gay community (Alphaville, the Pet Shop Boys). I find it hard to dislike or judge a person based on the things the leaders of their Church do. The spokesmen for my religion backed Prop 8 too, and I'm ashamed and embarrassed because I believe it goes directly against what the religion is really about. I guess the point is that just because he's Mormon doesn't mean he's a bad guy and it doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with everything his church does.

paganman7
02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Their music is ass, be them identifying themselves as Christian makes them ultra ass.

Anyone who believes that some douchebag hippie jew got his ass stapled to some wooden planks, and then came back to life a couple of days later needs to be institutionalized and heavily medicated.

TallGuyCM
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Anywho...back to the point of the thread...who could be the real headliner on Saturday?

I Hand You Your Head
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone who believes that some douchebag hippie jew got his ass stapled to some wooden planks, and then came back to life a couple of days later needs to be institutionalized and heavily medicated.I love you.

That is, you, Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons. (Rick Smith & Karl Hyde, too, back when they were mates with Darren Emerson.)

DaKINe
02-19-2009, 12:03 PM
MUSE

Coachella Bound
02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Squeeze

seyrnon
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't know why everyones talking about another Sahara headliner, doesn't Thievery Corp. count?

I Hand You Your Head
02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't know why everyones talking about another Sahara headliner, doesn't Thievery Corp. count?God no. They count about as much as the Wankers, I mean the Killers.

I Hand You Your Head
02-19-2009, 01:52 PM
God no. They count about as much as the Wankers, I mean the Killers.And I just need to add that the bleeding Crystal Method are absolute wanking *professionals*.

obzen
02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
^eehhh,are you from acoss the pond?

I Hand You Your Head
02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
^eehhh,are you from acoss the pond?If you mean Lake Michigan, yes.

Foucault
02-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Their music is ass, be them identifying themselves as Christian makes them ultra ass.

Anyone who believes that some douchebag hippie jew got his ass stapled to some wooden planks, and then came back to life a couple of days later needs to be institutionalized and heavily medicated.

You are a pig, but this post did make me laugh.

Foucault
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Anywho...back to the point of the thread...who could be the real headliner on Saturday?

Thanks... my bad.

My prediction, and I know this ain't original:

The White Stripes w/ Basement Jaxx
Chems might end up closing out Sunday

Foucault
02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't know why everyones talking about another Sahara headliner, doesn't Thievery Corp. count?

I'm seeing Thievery close out the Outdoor Stage

WALRUS
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
REAL? Blur, Daft Punk, Bowie, Smashing Pumkins, Pearl Jam

Rockstarboy37
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM

Reaaallly Gay

WALRUS
02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
agree

Gribbz
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Blur, Daft Punk, Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam are not gay.

Foucault
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Actually, The Killers are NOT gay, and therein lies the problem. They ARE Mormon, kinda the opposite of gay, don'tcha think?

Reaaallly Gay

gruvlicius
02-19-2009, 06:14 PM
oldchella >>>>>>> brochella

word.

YES!

gruvlicius
02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
REAL? Blur, Daft Punk, Bowie, Smashing Pumkins, Pearl Jam

Oh man, NOT Smashing Pumpkins. Yes, I've always dug them, but their "retrospective" show at the Gibson was AWFUL. They played 4 songs in a row from Siamese Dream, Landslide, and then absolute crap for another 2 hours. One part of the show featured creepy Billy Corgan dancing around awkwardly to tribal drumming! It was so bad and disappointing. Billy Corgan is an egotistical asshole who cares nothing about what an ampitheater full of people want him to play. Unless GV contracts them to play songs people know, I don't want them!
**Lauren**

TallGuyCM
02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh man, NOT Smashing Pumpkins. Yes, I've always dug them, but their "retrospective" show at the Gibson was AWFUL. They played 4 songs in a row from Siamese Dream, Landslide, and then absolute crap for another 2 hours. One part of the show featured creepy Billy Corgan dancing around awkwardly to tribal drumming! It was so bad and disappointing. Billy Corgan is an egotistical asshole who cares nothing about what an ampitheater full of people want him to play. Unless GV contracts them to play songs people know, I don't want them!
**Lauren**

Were we at the same show? I actually like it when bands don't play greatest hits setlists, but a lot of people prefer it that way.

I thought the new songs/experimental shit they did was fantastic. And FYI, "Bodies" and "Zero" are on Mellon Collie, not Siamese Dream :).

gmoneyak
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Well this thread has turned into an absolute pile of monkey shit.

tigermilkboy
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Well this thread has turned into an absolute pile of monkey shit.

i won't believe it till i see a pic!

Rockstarboy37
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually, The Killers are NOT gay, and therein lies the problem. They ARE Mormon, kinda the opposite of gay, don'tcha think?

No. Mormons are pretty gay.
http://fieldsofgarlic.com/lj/400x600_mg2006_kissing_mormons.jpg

goldfromla
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
the killers will headliner. get over it

Foucault
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I wish I could say that this was hot. I dunno, maybe if they took their shirts off.

And, yes, this thread has gone to the toilet. And it won't get any better until 1. better rumors surface; 2. adds are announced; or 3. the festival is canceled.

No. Mormons are pretty gay.
http://fieldsofgarlic.com/lj/400x600_mg2006_kissing_mormons.jpg

Diggity [B]
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
i say fuck it...bring back justice to headline saturday, best day for electronic

DFrank
02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
...Justice needs to go home and make new material instead of releasing another "single" from their one album.
Chem Bros i guess. But Saturday already has good electronic acts: Mstrkrft, Crookers, Bloody Beetroots.
I would prefer another Mainstage headliner.

WALRUS
02-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Blur, Daft Punk, Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam are not gay.

nobody said that, we were talking about Brandon Flowers

Gribbz
02-20-2009, 07:40 AM
God dammit no more Justice.

paganman7
02-20-2009, 07:43 AM
You are a pig, but this post did make me laugh.

Uh...OK. Homo.

Gadfly Goo
02-20-2009, 08:34 AM
OCTOMOM

gruvlicius
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Were we at the same show? I actually like it when bands don't play greatest hits setlists, but a lot of people prefer it that way.

I thought the new songs/experimental shit they did was fantastic. And FYI, "Bodies" and "Zero" are on Mellon Collie, not Siamese Dream :).

At the night I went to they played (not in this order) Today, Cherub Rock, Disarm and 1979 (which I coulda sworn was on SD, but I guess not). Then Landslide, then a song from Adore (an album which I am not very familiar with). Then the onslaught of crap began.

My biggest complaint is that they didn't play anything from Gish (one of my fave albums of all time), except a 45 second bit from Suffer. How can it be a retrospective show without anything from the first album. Lame.

I was there the second night, December 3rd.
**Lauren**

rstayton
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Have Bonnaroo and Coach' ever had overlapping headliners? Logistically, Springsteen is in LA the week of Coach' and you'd expect them not to announce him for the fest until both his LA shows sell out (one already has, the other is close).

TallGuyCM
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Have Bonnaroo and Coach' ever had overlapping headliners? Logistically, Springsteen is in LA the week of Coach' and you'd expect them not to announce him for the fest until both his LA shows sell out (one already has, the other is close).

That's what I've been saying all along. Wed, Thurs - LA Sports Arena. Sat - Coachella.

obzen
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
for the love of god,please-no!!

darkjustice
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
no bruce s. fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkjustice
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
brandon flowers=total honky

BKsaysAction!
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Too many classic bands lets have a new headliner for saturday. At least a band that has only been around for under 20 years.

melinfromberlin
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM

^...cool outfit

boarderwoozel3
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
^

Faux Bowie.