PDA

View Full Version : CAMPING @ MAINSTAGE ON FRIDAY FOR MACCA

kitt kat
01-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't care if I have to sit through the shittiest of the shittiest musical groups.

I AM CAMPING AT THE FRONT OF THE MAINSTAGE FOR MACCA ON FRIDAY.

Who else is with me?

mattpach
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM
I am.

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
GOD i could never camp out at one stage all day. i'd cry at all the other shit i was missing.

kitt kat
01-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Well...I mean, I hope no one good is playing. Although, I would be tempted to see Amy Winehouse....Haha!

Either way, you will see me at the front for Paul. I was raised on the Beatles; this pretty much makes my life complete.

Also, I have a huge old man crush on him.

braxtron
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
With all due respect, Mr. Kitt Kat, you make terrible decisions. And I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

danteb
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
GOD i could never camp out at one stage all day. i'd cry at all the other shit i was missing.

truer than true. the longest i ever camped out at one stage was the main stage sunday in 07 from the end of willie to the end of rage's kick ass set

Egull
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Well...I mean, I hope no one good is playing. Although, I would be tempted to see Amy Winehouse....Haha!

Either way, you will see me at the front for Paul. I was raised on the Beatles; this pretty much makes my life complete.

Also, I have a huge old man crush on him.

You should be able to see Amy Winehouse still on Saturday, and she is playing the mainstage.

seandlr
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
i did that for rage in 07. wasnt that bad. just have food and water with you

brycerosen
03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
mainstage will go Coner>Cohen>Morrissey>Macaa - count on it

Egull
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM

if this is true I will be at the mainstage all day as well, minus the time the black keys are playing

beavington
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM

i tyhought Conor was a outdoor stage baby through and through. Has Bright Eyes played on any other stage?

seandlr
03-05-2009, 02:17 PM
i wonder where beirut will play?
i hope it goes

beirut, conor, franz, morrissey then paul
but thats most likely not going to happen

menikmati
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I camped out over 3 hours early for Daft Punk in 2006. Camped out for Rage in 2007 right before Willie took the stage. Camped out 2 1/2 hours early for Aphex. No food. No water.

miSTEVEious
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
badass

Gribbz
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why you need to be in very very very front for a band like Rage. Or any band at coachella really.

Gribbz
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Daft Punk excluded.

beavington
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't understand why you need to be in very very very front for a band like Rage. Or any band at coachella really.

its amazing to think of when i was a teen i would be up front and fight for it and get bruised chest from being pressed against the railing...now i cant be fucked to be in that crowd. I got old.

Plus I am always too short so i get a bit clausterphobic (sic?).
ANd i like getting a good view of the whole stage, especially when there are visuals.

Kerowackattack
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
i tyhought Conor was a outdoor stage baby through and through. Has Bright Eyes played on any other stage?

Yeah i assume Conor plays outdoor stage:

Los Campesinos!>M. Ward>Silversun>Beirut>Conor> Franz

Main:
Hold Steady>Black Keys>Cohen>Morissey>Paul McCartney

mountmccabe
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I camped out at the Coachella Stage until 8 pm on Sunday in 2003. Whirlwind Heat, Soundtrack of Our Lives, the Mars Volta, Polyphonic Spree, Jack Johnson, Sonic Youth and the White Stripes. Maybe I'm missing a band or two in there.

That was the run of band we wanted to see, the only band scheduled on the other stages that tempted me to leave was Primal Scream, but their set ran into Sonic Youth and they were one of the bands I was most looking forward to. Also, I guess, the Libertines ended up playing their make-up set in there but it conflicted with somebody I rather wanted to see, too.

We brought a dozen bottles of water and a few bags of chips (was all the non-perishable food we could find.) We survived, even if we were near crushed while the White Stripes were playing. Climbed the barrier to get out of there as fast as possible after they were done to make it to Underworld.

But yeah, I am not doing that again. It's just not worth it to be that close. It was hot and we had no escape from the shade other than the water flat. It was boring, just sitting there between sets. It was really boring, just sitting there for Jack Johnson. Damn, that was awful.

digitaldragon03
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I was gonna camp for the big 3 on Saturday last year, but i got in fine right before Kraftwerk began. I saw people coming in for Prince late too, without too much shoving. Although, Macca will draw alot more people i believe, so camping might be smart. I wouldnt show up before Morrissey though. If he does end up before Macca.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if you actually like the artists that are on before Macca.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
I made the mistake of camping at the mainstage in 2003. I vowed never to do it again.

menikmati
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
If it goes Cohen > Franz > Morrissey > Paul, then I will probably camp out there. BUT, I know how to get to the front of the main stage pretty easily...so I might just go before Morrissey.

dorkfish
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I made very little effort to get a good spot for Rage, and the movement of the crowd had me to the front of the barricade by the middle of their set.

mattpach
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I take back my previous statement. I will not camp at the mainstage because there are too many acts I have to see on Friday. I will fight my way as close as possible though.

Ravingmad
03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
There's really no need to camp the main stage. You can slide in late and still work your way up to the front pretty easily. I managed to work my way up to the front left for Prince last year, and that was coming from way in the back.

Now, it's a different story if someone you like is in a small tent like the Gobi, then it can be tough to get close. But there's usually plenty of room near the main stage.

Astrid
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
why must people insist on calling him macca??

WHYYYY???

Monklish
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
This is the stupidest fucking idea in the world. Miss the black keys? No thank you.

beavington
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM

WHYYYY???

i think thats a retarded name myself.

I like calling him Sir Paul. Macca sounds too Perez Hilton.

BakForMore
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I never camped...somehow or another I made it pretty close to the stage.

I just never had a strong urge to be super close. I make as close as I can get and move to the next great performance.......gawd, I love Coachella!

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM

they are on two different days

Astrid
03-05-2009, 04:06 PM
i think thats a retarded name myself.

I like calling him Sir Paul. Macca sounds too Perez Hilton.

it sounds like someone with a developmental disability trying to be excited about something they just cant seem to articulate.

only in that particular instance would it NOT be a stupid thing to say.

Boourns
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I will camp at least the last half of the day, unless it means missing Cohen.

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I got to the stage at noon when the white stripes were scheduled to play at around 7ish at Bonnaroo.

I will be doing the same thing for the killers

malcolmjamalawesome
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi. I'll be avoiding McCartney like the plague.

Egull
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi. I'll be avoiding McCartney like the plague.

You act like there is more then one stage, man, if there was more then one stage people could stop complaining about the killers on Saturday huh?

Boourns
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I wish I had camped longer for jarvis cocker.

hegemon
03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Camping for PM!!!

I will be avoiding malcolmjamalamehsome like a plague.

nn2fan
03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't care if I have to sit through the shittiest of the shittiest musical groups.

I AM CAMPING AT THE FRONT OF THE MAINSTAGE FOR MACCA ON FRIDAY.

Who else is with me?

totally with you

malcolmjamalawesome
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
You can avoid me all you want, but Dave Wang is everywhere.

hegemon
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
waaah waaaha whambulance!

Dogvolta
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry but posting up at main stage all day for macca would completely destroy my coachella experience for friday.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
i'm gonna show up like 30 minutes before he starts and watch from far away

hellscrape
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
i'm with tricky. there's way too much to do to limit myself to one stage listening maybe to someone i don't want when i could be checking out crazy new bands i never heard of...

Xenocide
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I camped out over 3 hours early for Daft Punk in 2006. Camped out for Rage in 2007 right before Willie took the stage. Camped out 2 1/2 hours early for Aphex. No food. No water.

OMG you guys are all idiots...

why would you feel the need to camp out 2 1/2 hours early for Aphex when 20 minutes into his set there were still 10-15 open spaces right on the rail?

how fucking close do you people need to be when you can show up right before an act takes stage and pretty much stand anywhere?? with the exception of Prince last year, you could get on the railing at any stage for any act pretty much when the previous act ended...

not that the railing is all that great a place to be or anything...

Boourns
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I've only been on the rail at Coachella for Uffie, and that was because the sides of the tent were empty. Too polite to intentionally shove through people.

Taylor
03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't know if there's any band alive that would cause me to camp at the main stage all day. (keyword: alive.)

El.C.Dub
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
i will get there 30 mins before his set goes off and get closer than you prob

CitizenJ
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll be at the McCartney stage for the rest of the night from whenever the Beirut set ends, unless they play the main stage in which case i will most likely camp. I also have morrisey at the top of my list so it would be fine staying there early as well. And I really hope in that case that The Hold Steady and Black Keys are not on the main stage. I'd Rather see Franz or Cohen around the main stage. let the black keys close some side stage.

But then again, I'm 6'7 so its not like any of you are going to impair my vision. ha.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM

This is nuts. Especially for Sahara acts, as you don't necessarily need to be close. That being said, I camped out for Waters and Prince last year, starting with DCFC and Stars. I didn't feel like I missed a thing, and I had amazing, amazing spots.

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 07:22 PM
This is nuts. Especially for Sahara acts, as you don't necessarily need to be close. .

but you do for the main stage? Whats the difference?

CitizenJ
03-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Sahara is just about doing Ecstacy and dancing around while some guy sits behind a computer / turntable and presses buttons. i agree, there is no reason you need to be up close to see that. Was the case with Daft Punk. no matter where you stood the show looked cool.

Boourns
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I couldn't camp ALL day, not while it's so damn hot early in the day.

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Sahara is just about doing Ecstacy and dancing around while some guy sits behind a computer / turntable and presses buttons. i agree, there is no reason you need to be up close to see that. Was the case with Daft Punk. no matter where you stood the show looked cool.

your an idiot

JSam67
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
If Sunday goes like I want/expect it to at the main stage, I'll be there from at least about 6 pm - close.

I think it'd be pretty fucking stupid on Friday, though, with a plethora of good stuff that's sure to be spread around different stages.

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
No shit Josh, we are all gunna be running around like crazy friday.

frozen pilgrim
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
we are all gunna be running around like crazy friday.

thank you. I was hoping I'd hear someone talk some sense around here...

how anyone could stay at one stage all day, or even like half the day, I have no idea.the longest I've ever stayed at one stage without leaving was two concurrent acts.`

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Friday is easily the busiest day at a fest for me ever.....I wish they moved some of them to sunday cause I know I will have to miss some stuff... Oh well, it will be a great way to kick off the weekend.

frozen pilgrim
03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
it's awesome, man. it's like a sensory overload.

JSam67
03-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Friday is just stacked, I think there's a chance I'll hit every stage on just Friday alone. I can't imagine ever finding logic to justify camping at the main stage and staying at a Morrissey set just for McCartney when The Black Keys or The Presets or whomever are playing.

paulct
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by menikmati

for each of those sets I walked over from another stage and got up the the front bar as center as you can get within 1 song. No need for camping out if you can make your way from the back to the front for rage or radiohead or prince in 3 minutes. I camped out at main the night muse pixies and radiohead played and i was so tired from lack of water/bathrooms/and so much heat it just ruins the show.

zenidogx
03-06-2009, 12:14 AM
im still figuring out my scenarios for friday. set times will determine my camping.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-06-2009, 05:48 AM

For the most part, I think the big name acts in the Sahara have better light/stage shows than those on the main stage. Really, how close do you have to be to still get the full experience of the Daft Punk pyramid, or Fatboy Slims giant screens?

For me, whether it is getting close on the mainstage or at any other concert I go to, it's about being close to the performers and giving them back all the energy they are giving to us onstage.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-06-2009, 05:50 AM
im still figuring out my scenarios for friday. set times will determine my camping.

Yeah, my Friday is packed with people I want to see

Hold Steady
Morrissey
Leonard Cohen
Ghostland Observatory
Black Keys
McCartney
Crystal Method
Los Campesinos
Patton vs. Rahzel
PUTS
DATH
Buraka Som Sistema

Cherita Chen
03-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Can't forget our favorite boys from Glasgow:

:pulse

http://www.clashmusic.com/files/images/franz-ferdinand-in-lidl-opt.jpg

twoheadedboy
03-06-2009, 06:07 AM
why is mccartney being called macca? or is this some other band? i am not following because i am stupid.

Cherita Chen
03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
You rest your pretty little brain, BFlow doesn't want his groupies to think

Dogvolta
03-06-2009, 09:09 AM
This is nuts. Especially for Sahara acts, as you don't necessarily need to be close. That being said, I camped out for Waters and Prince last year, starting with DCFC and Stars. I didn't feel like I missed a thing, and I had amazing, amazing spots.

Starting with Stars, I did the same thing, back to back euphoria all night.

HEADSTRUCK
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
For the most part, I think the big name acts in the Sahara have better light/stage shows than those on the main stage. Really, how close do you have to be to still get the full experience of the Daft Punk pyramid, or Fatboy Slims giant screens?

For me, whether it is getting close on the mainstage or at any other concert I go to, it's about being close to the performers and giving them back all the energy they are giving to us onstage.

this is a better answer then that other douchebag......

zenidogx
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
best case scenario:
Beirut --> Cohen --> Moz --> Macca

in that situation, i would camp.

if that doesn't happen, then i more than likely will do the usual thing i do until Moz. but say, a Moz/ Los Campesinos! conflict occurs, after Beirut plays the outdoor theatre, then i won't mind missing out on the good main stage spot.

zenidogx
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
best case scenario:

if that doesn't happen, then i more than likely will do the usual thing i do until Moz. but say, a Moz/ Los Campesinos! conflict occurs, after Beirut plays the outdoor theatre, then i won't mind missing out on the good main stage spot.

Gribbz
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
You can avoid me all you want, but Dave Wang is everywhere.

That was almost a haiku.

Jef-free
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
"Macca" will never not make me think of "Tomacco".

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/jeffrob93/tomacco.gif

HEADSTRUCK
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
"Macca" will never not make me think of "Tomacco".

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/jeffrob93/tomacco.gif

:rotfl

Distorted_Jungle
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Daft Punk excluded.

see i completely get what you are saying but i think for Daft Punk the people in the front didn't get as good of a show. I think dead center of the crowd would be best spot for the Pyramid set up, so you can see the entire thing and not have to move your head to see the entire set up.

Gribbz
03-06-2009, 09:38 AM
see i completely get what you are saying but i think for Daft Punk the people in the front didn't get as good of a show. I think dead center of the crowd would be best spot for the Pyramid set up, so you can see the entire thing and not have to move your head to see the entire set up.

I like being dead center at most shows. I love seeing how the crowd responds to the music.

AlecEiffel
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
why is mccartney being called macca?

Ask the British press.

CitizenJ
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
best case scenario:

I agree 100%. These 4 and los Campesinos are my big artists i want to hit on friday. If those 4 played in that order i would camp. most likely missing Franz, but i just saw them in February.

Boourns
03-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Los Campesinos! needs to play at 3 or 4pm in the mojave tent.

BROKENDOLL
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM

WHYYYY??? Astrid, I've been asking myself that since the lineup was announced. It's as if the person posting has a fucked up keyboard that just stops mid-word or some shit like that.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I like being dead center at most shows. I love seeing how the crowd responds to the music.

That's what I think too.

Incidentally, Leonard Cohen is a wildcard. I think it will go Cohen into Moz - McCartney, with Ferdinand closing the Outdoor against Morrissey, but people here have repeatedly told me that won't happen. However it goes down, Cohen is a great person to see just considering how expensive his single show tickets are.

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 02:20 PM
If it goes Cohen > Franz > Morrissey > Paul, then I will probably camp out there. BUT, I know how to get to the front of the main stage pretty easily...so I might just go before Morrissey.
This is what I want, and I will be camping out and tripping out. With lots of water and candy.

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
And rainbows. And glitter.

pancakespancakes
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Los Campesinos! needs to play at 3 or 4pm in the mojave tent.

No, they need to open the festival at 2 PM in the Mohave or on the Outdoor.

I'm very picky about the first bands I see at a festival, they have to be just right, and LC's are definitely the best choice for Coachella this year. Plus there's nobody good billed below them on Friday. So it makes sense.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
No, they need to open the festival at 2 PM in the Mohave or on the Outdoor.

I'm very picky about the first bands I see at a festival, they have to be just right, and LC's are definitely the best choice for Coachella this year. Plus there's nobody good billed below them on Friday. So it makes sense.

You should give Dear and the Headlights a shot. They put on a good live show.

zenidogx
03-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Los Campesinos! --> Silversun Pickups --> Black Keys --> Beirut --> Cohen --> Moz --> Macca

definition of "epic main stage".

amyzzz
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
If Franz is not on the main stage with McCartney Moz, and hopefully Cohen, I will be VERY VERY UPSET. I have to miss Franz in Phoenix and Tucson because of Coach, I WILL NOT MISS FRANZ AT COACH. And I will not miss Moz and McCartney. Put Franz on the main stage, GV.

Gribbz
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
If Franz is not on the main stage with McCartney Moz, and hopefully Cohen, I will be VERY VERY UPSET. I have to miss Franz in Phoenix and Tucson because of Coach, I WILL NOT MISS FRANZ AT COACH. And I will not miss Moz and McCartney. Put Franz on the main stage, GV.

Yeah, there's like 3-4 coachella artists playing here in Tucson during the actual festival.

bartelby
03-06-2009, 05:43 PM
franz was fantastic on the main last time they were there...

zenidogx
03-06-2009, 05:49 PM

well, we have conflicting interests. but if we consider how much more awesome Beirut is, then my idea becomes much better.

nbvwes
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
i'm not going to miss 2-3 hours worth of music because i'm camping out during set changes...

woogie846
03-06-2009, 08:17 PM
i did that for rage in 07. wasnt that bad. just have food and water and adult diapers with you

fixed.

pancakespancakes
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
You should give Dear and the Headlights a shot. They put on a good live show.

I've actually seen them already, they opened for Dredg a couple years ago here, and I ended up having a long conversation with their lead singer afterward, which was weird.

But yeah, don't care that much for their music, but it's fine, I'll probably end up seeing them first if it's not Los Campesinos.

People Under the Stairs aren't exactly horrible either...

sonnyboy11
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Are A Place to Bury Strangers, Beirut and Leonard Cohen on the main stage? Then hell yea I am camping for Macca!

rage patton
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
This is the stupidest fucking idea in the world. Miss the black keys? No thank you.

Exactly.

tHEdARKsIDE
03-07-2009, 08:02 AM
a place to bury strangers will NOT be on the main stage, thank you...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-07-2009, 08:34 AM
I will most likely be camping out on Friday for Macca...no one on Friday has the same draw that he does on that day...and if you think otherwise (cough*cough*tommy*cough*cough) you are crazy....

Jon Blazed
03-07-2009, 08:55 AM
someone borrow suprefan's camera already.

sonnyboy11
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
a place to bury strangers will NOT be on the main stage, thank you...

Then no camping pour moi. :(

boarderwoozel3
03-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Friday is going to be a conflict disaster! I have to see Moz adn Macca, perferrably with an awesome spot. But then I'm giddy about seeing Leonard Cohen and Beirut too. :( gahh!

JSam67
03-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Friday is going to be a conflict disaster! I have to see Moz adn Macca, perferrably with an awesome spot. But then I'm giddy about seeing Leonard Cohen and Beirut too. :( gahh!

I think you and I will be seeing much different Coachellas. I do hope to catch Beirut, though.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I see Friday seeing very conflict heavy. Jeez, this happened last year too. You'd think they would spread it around a little bit. From 6 o clock on last year was a total charlie foxtrot.

frozen pilgrim
03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
friday night last year was pandemonium. I was so exhausted after

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Friday night last year was a early night for us...we were in bed by midnight...after the Verve there was no reason for us to hang around...

zenidogx
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
i just don't want this:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2422/98/82/3430641/n3430641_41121451_6862214.jpg

to get in the way of this:
http://www.watchmojo.com/blogs/images/mccartney2.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
if that Kitt Katt?

zenidogx
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
i don't know. i just googled "hipster front row"

LooseAtTheZoo
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
friday night last year was pandemonium. I was so exhausted after

Here was the list of acts, all that I badly wanted to see, playing after 6:00 on Friday:

Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
The National
The Raconteurs
The Verve
The Swell Season
Santogold
Goldfrapp
Aphex Twin
Pendulum
Sharon Jones
Aesop Rock
Fatboy Slim

I ended up seeing Dan Le Sac, Goldfrapp (cut off at the end to get to Sahara), all of Aphex, last 10 minutes of the Swell Season, all of Sharon Jones, all of Fatboy.

TallGuyCM
03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
if that Kitt Katt?

Yeah, that's her. She posted the pic in another thread last week after the AC show.

kitt kat
03-08-2009, 01:19 PM

That's what I'm hoping it is. BRING ME WITH YOU!!! Haha. No seriously. I can't afford to get crushed, and I'm not sure my roommate will be down with sitting through LoCo.

kindablue
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I know I'm not missing Paul, but if things go like they did last year for Kraftwerk>Portishead>Prince, I'm sure I'm gonna be one lonely summabitch. None of my friends could drag themselves away from the Sahara, and I swear, I that concert changed my life.

kindablue
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Here was the list of acts, all that I badly wanted to see, playing after 6:00 on Friday:

Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
The National
The Raconteurs
The Verve
The Swell Season
Santogold
Goldfrapp
Aphex Twin
Pendulum
Sharon Jones
Aesop Rock
Fatboy Slim

I ended up seeing Dan Le Sac, Goldfrapp (cut off at the end to get to Sahara), all of Aphex, last 10 minutes of the Swell Season, all of Sharon Jones, all of Fatboy.

You are soooo lucky. I only saw Sharon and Fatboy the WHOLE of Friday. My weak ass friends were draggin' so bad we didn't even get to the grounds before 9pm

LooseAtTheZoo
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
You are soooo lucky. I only saw Sharon and Fatboy the WHOLE of Friday. My weak ass friends were draggin' so bad we didn't even get to the grounds before 9pm

That really, really sucks.

CitizenJ
03-09-2009, 01:43 AM
This is my first Coachella, so forgive me if i'm not understanding the stages correctly, but what are the odds that Cohen doesn't play the main stage? maybe he closes another stage, in between Morrisey and McCartney?

Personally I'd love the main stage to be

Beirut -> Franz -> Morrisey -> McCartney

Conflicts = over. Not that i don't want to see Cohen, but im sure there will have to be bands i want to see cut from my list.

zenidogx
03-09-2009, 02:02 AM
cohen on another stage is a reasonable possibility. although he is popular, his crowd is much older and wouldn't necessarily require the main. true, macca is old, but the beatles transcend generations easily. so, if Cohen plays on the outdoor stage, he will most likely play a 50 minute set in between main stage acts. this is all speculation, though, so we don't have odds.

past examples of acts that played during a closed Main Stage include Jarvis Cocker and Love and Rockets.

this year, though, i could see Paul Weller playing a closed main.

JSam67
03-09-2009, 06:42 AM
past examples of acts that played during a closed Main Stage include Jarvis Cocker and Love and Rockets.

Love and Rockets? Did I imagine seeing My Morning Jacket then?

CellarOwl
03-09-2009, 08:04 AM

Wouldn't that mean Weller and MBV would conflict? I honestly can't imagine that happening.

Gribbz
03-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Yep, too many good artists to see Friday.

Xenocide
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Love and Rockets? Did I imagine seeing My Morning Jacket then?

only if you wanna be a dick about it...

you DO realize there was 55 minutes between MMJ & Waters don't you? (sure MMJ & Love/Rockets overlapped for 5 minutes, so fucking what!)

zenidogx
03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't that mean Weller and MBV would conflict? I honestly can't imagine that happening.

i'm assuming MBV go on before the Cure. i'm just saying Paul Wller could play the Outdoor Stage during a large gap on the Main Stage. i'm guessing between YYYs and MBV.

JSam67
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
only if you wanna be a dick about it...

you DO realize there was 55 minutes between MMJ & Waters don't you? (sure MMJ & Love/Rockets overlapped for 5 minutes, so fucking what!)

According to last year's schedule, MMJ played 7-8 while L&R played 7:30-8:25. I call that a conflict, not 5 minutes of overlapping. But I'm no expert on time.