http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/01/coachella-fans.html

Kid B
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
*waits for at least 12 more threads about this in the next ten minutes*

KickO
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm Probably Already Too Late.

"In the interest of reducing world Internet traffic, we can tell you that the lineup for the 2009 edition of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will NOT be announced today. Thats according to Paul Tollett, the chief architect of the signature California rock festival, who feels the pain of fans who JUST. NEED. TO. KNOW.

Tollett says, I know everybody is going crazy, but were not stalling, were still working on the show. Everything we do is in service of the show, not in service of the announcement of the show. Believe me, were excited to tell everybody and we want to tell everybody, but the show is still being put together.

So lay off the refresh button, kid.

-- Geoff Boucher"

KickO
01-28-2009, 04:48 PM
yeah i was late. my bad

watercurses
So lay off the refresh button, kid.

funny

gaypalmsprings
submit a comment to the LA Times article

karecares
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
the man has spoken.

gmoneyak
01-28-2009, 04:51 PM
*waits for at least 12 more threads about this in the next ten minutes*

Too fuckin' late

laineinla
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
wait sooo, that was the link that was supposed to be on the MySpace bulletin right, but was really just "phishing" (PF deleted that new myspace thread :)?

KickO
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
yeahhh my bad. i just woke up haha

jdaws
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Everything we do is in service of the show, not in service of the announcement of the show.

i feel like this sentence of paul's made me think about whats going on right now and whats gonna go DOWN (hard) in april in a much better light. obviously gv hasnt released the lineup because they're hoping that certain musicians will reconsider the great honor that is an offer to play at Coachella. so just keep trying hard paul, and the rest of gv, to get those certain musicians to see the light. this isn't about waiting for a list of names for us to judge and jibberjabber, its about who we are going to share three special nights with in april. there IS the factor of coachella getting its lineup figured so that fans can determine whether its worth their journey (i'm in this boat, being from michigan) or if they oughta check out other fests instead. but just think about it this way, gvs allowing of its lineup to be released so close to the roo's MUST mean they're trying to get someone really special to show up.. and if they fail, well atleast theyre trying hard.

now children let us gather around the fire and sing kumbiyah. plz

Carnie100
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Is it me or did Paul not tell us anything at all in that "statement"?

Because all I read was "We're working on the lineup. Just wait."

sin213
01-28-2009, 04:59 PM

he told you to get off this site. the lineup will not be out today.

Ardentbiscuit
I took it as we should all organize a day and time to go to coachella.com and all hit refreash at the same time and see what happens...

Just kidding, don't do it...

Coachella Bound

Agreed....

I mean cmon man, ive got alot of respect for you, ALOT!!!!!!

But you have the opportunity to say something relative and you give us a cop out. Wow the line up is not coming out today (kinda figured). Were working on it (gee really)

So i guess it'll strike when we all least expect it?

Carnie100
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
AT the least he could've said, "The lineup will be out next Monday or next week."

But he didn't even give us a timeframe.

DFrank
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Who else hates this Geoff Doucher guy?

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
let's count how many threads about this will pop up

NY Excuse
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
At least we can rest tonight...Thank you!

Tijuana
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
The picture that they have from Justice in '08 tells the whole story about Justice. No wonder some people here were hyping them up. Their fan base is a bunch of drugged up kids. No wonder some were talking about conflicts between Roger Waters and Justice. IT WAS ALL THOSE DRUGGED UP KIDS THAT WERE COMPLAINING. LOL.

thatfinkleygirl
literal LOL @ "so lay off the refresh button, kid."

this geoff boucher fellow knows the fans too well.

whynotsmile99
i wonder why everything comes form the LA times. wouldn't it be easier just to post this on the message board and myspace?

digitaldragon03
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL @ Justice crowd photo.

AdrianFL
01-28-2009, 05:08 PM
ok...so ???? WHEN we're gonna know the lineup ?

Tijuana
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM

I know. +1

Tijuana
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
The kids in the Justice picture are all the impatient ones that keep hitting the refresh button. The worse ones still keep asking when. Like that douchebag from 3 or 4 posts back.

bballarl
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM

When it is ready to be announced would be my guess.

PS Nice avatar. Best rock band in the world.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
The picture that they have from Justice in '08 tells the whole story about Justice. No wonder some people here were hyping them up. Their fan base is a bunch of drugged up kids. No wonder some were talking about conflicts between Roger Waters and Justice. IT WAS ALL THOSE DRUGGED UP KIDS THAT WERE COMPLAINING. LOL.

What the fuck? Either that or some people just happen to like Justice AND Roger Waters. You can't judge that shit. Think before you speak, retard.

And on the matter of drugs: Don't bash it if you haven't tried it.

TheCutestBoyAlive
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I guess I'm glad they aren't gonna release a crappy lineup just because the pressure is on, at least we now have confirmation that they are working hard to make it an awesome year.
Instead of droppping jack johnson and everyone going WTF

Astrid
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
jesus people. im as anxious as the next person. butFUCK

you bitch that gv isnt telling you anything. he told you no lineup today. accept it. THERE IS NO TIMEFRAME. ACCEPT IT.

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK.

go be productive please?

noYOU'REatowel
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM

Thank you for this. finally some kind of official word that we won't see it tonight. I hope it's because Outkast is getting signed!

betao
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Fucking hell people.

We've spent the past few days begging for GV or Paul or Dani to say something, which I too wanted them to do, and then when Paul finally does acknowledge our request, we just bitch about what he says?

Christ people.

He said what we wanted to hear, and that was just something. We all just wanted to hear something to let us know that they hadn't forgotten about us. That they cared.

And they did.

Thank you Paul, good luck with the rest of your lineup. Your fans are waiting!

aprillynnn
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
i wonder why everything comes form the LA times. wouldn't it be easier just to post this on the message board and myspace?

Wondering the same thing .... Dani, why is the LA Times getting the info before the official website? Coachella.com is the last to know? Strange.

Anywho, glad to get some kind of info at least. It's a stretch, but still hoping for Bowie ... never say never!

WillyWonka5497
01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Everything we do is in service of the show, not in service of the announcement of the show.

i feel like this sentence of paul's made me think about whats going on right now and whats gonna go DOWN (hard) in april in a much better light. obviously gv hasnt released the lineup because they're hoping that certain musicians will reconsider the great honor that is an offer to play at Coachella. so just keep trying hard paul, and the rest of gv, to get those certain musicians to see the light. this isn't about waiting for a list of names for us to judge and jibberjabber, its about who we are going to share three special nights with in april. there IS the factor of coachella getting its lineup figured so that fans can determine whether its worth their journey (i'm in this boat, being from michigan) or if they oughta check out other fests instead. but just think about it this way, gvs allowing of its lineup to be released so close to the roo's MUST mean they're trying to get someone really special to show up.. and if they fail, well atleast theyre trying hard.

god you sound like a douche.

SkipLaCombe
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Fucking hell people.

We've spent the past few days begging for GV or Paul or Dani to say something, which I too wanted them to do, and then when Paul finally does acknowledge our request, we just bitch about what he says?

Christ people.

He said what we wanted to hear, and that was just something. We all just wanted to hear something to let us know that they hadn't forgotten about us. That they cared.

And they did.

/thread

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I hate all of you motherfucking people!

People have been bitching for days about being kept in the dark. A thousand threads have been started expressing anger and resentment about the lineup. Now, when Paul gives them what they want by releasing a statement, you cock fucks complain that the statement was not explicit enough.

Fuck.you.hard.

Tijuana
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
What the fuck? Either that or some people just happen to like Justice AND Roger Waters. You can't judge that shit. Think before you speak, retard.

And on the matter of drugs: Don't bash it if you haven't tried it.

See you here in 10 years kid (if you're still around). Maybe you're one of the kids in that pic.

You can't even read correctly. LOL.

jdaws
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
god you sound like a douche.

it was kind of tongue in cheek but whatever dude

andronicus
01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
i can wait 'til february if they need it. long as the line-up's good.

i'm glad they're not rushing it.

anonimouse
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
"Everything we do is in service of the show, not in service of the announcement of the show."

THATS ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR. I LOVE YOU AGAIN COACHELLA!

but i'll still never forgive you for the date change:mad:

KickO
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM

shut up and wait.

BlueDevil50
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
he didn't say shit! blah blah blah, it's not ready yet, blah blah blah. plan, set forth a date, then release it on that date.

Spongehead56
01-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Totally...minus the kumbiyah part. We've got to remember this is about having the best experience possible in April. Paul is willing to work hard and put up with our complaints because he knows it's what's best for Coachella and our Coachella experience.

Thanks Paul.

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM

exactly. why have a website if you dont use it to post any usefull information on it?

bballarl
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Maybe because the LA Times reaches more people on a regular basis than this website.

jgd855
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Fucking hell people.

Christ people.

And they did.

they only reason he said anything was because he had to make an official comment on it. its not like he took the time out of his day to call up the la times and make a comment, they called him... probably non stop since that shit was on seacrest website.

andronicus
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
dude shut up. there's no excuse to bitch.

psychic friend
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
ya im not really updating the old 2008 website. sorry folks. Obviously you found out the news just fine. We have other means of getting info out rather quickly.

jgd855
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
did i bitch? no i simply stated that its not like he was doing anyone a favor.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Leave Dani alone...she is just doing her job...

weezy f baby
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM

There was no conflict. Justice went on 20 minutes after Waters finished.

bballarl
01-28-2009, 05:34 PM
PLUR

jgd855
01-28-2009, 05:35 PM

what are you talking about? i said nothing to or about dani...

Sexecutioner
i would pay money to know what is going on behind the scenes. i mean, i assume they are having negotiation problems with some big bands, but why does it take so fucking long? they tell you what they want, you tell them you can give them, you go back and forth until you either find a compromise or decide its not going to work. with something this big thats so far past the deadline, this shit need to move much faster. this is their job, meaning they should be working on it all day every day, so WTF is taking so long? at this level, i assume they are all professionals, and good at what they do, so it boggles my mind that they can't get this shit done. this is what makes me so curious about what the delay is...

andronicus

...he kind of was.

andronicus
01-28-2009, 05:36 PM

he was talking to me, to his credit.

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I miss the days when Dani was happy.

You've all killed Dani's happiness...punks.

beavington

thank you...see how easy that was.

psychic friend
no harm no foul

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
what are you talking about? i said nothing to or about dani...

sooryy...i just saw you directed it at someone else...my bad...

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Sooooooooo, has anyone received any Facebook messages from P-dog lately?

andronicus
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
i would pay money to know what is going on behind the scenes. i mean, i assume they are having negotiation problems with some big bands, but why does it take so fucking long? they tell you what they want, you tell them you can give them, you go back and forth until you either find a compromise or decide its not going to work. with something this big thats so far past the deadline, this shit need to move much faster. this is their job, meaning they should be working on it all day every day, so WTF is taking so long? at this level, i assume they are all professionals, and good at what they do, so it boggles my mind that they can't get this shit done. this is what makes me so curious about what the delay is...

look at it this way: would you rather have a really good headliner that may be wary at first, but comes along eventually (I'm talking to YOU, BOWIE!), or would you rather have a really bad headliner, that would literally anger the entire fanbase (I'm talking to YOU, THE KILLERS!)?

psychic friend
01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Sooooooooo, has anyone received any Facebook messages from P-dog lately?
i think when you guys started copy/pasting his personal replies here on this board, that ended that.

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Paul just sent me a message:

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/slap-bitch-demotivational-poster.jpg

gmoneyak
01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I just think they don't want a repeat of last year's massive dropouts/additions after the lineup was initially released.

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
look at it this way: would you rather have a really good headliner that may be wary at first, but comes along eventually (I'm talking to YOU, BOWIE!), or would you rather have a really bad headliner, that would literally anger the entire fanbase (I'm talking to YOU, THE KILLERS!)?

Except the true fanbase would not get butt hurt over the addition of a headliner they don't want to see.

andronicus
01-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Except the true fanbase would not get butt hurt over the addition of a headliner they don't want to see.

this is true. i'm going regardless. it's my birthday weekend! even the killers couldn't ruin that shit.

paganman7
01-28-2009, 05:45 PM
i think when you guys started copy/pasting his personal replies here on this board, that ended that.

Paul is shy. When he says, "I heart you, Indietron. Please don't tell anyone", he fucking means it!

edit: and I hope I'm not included in the "you guys". I was never lucky enough to get one of those fake messages.

psychic friend
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
they were not fake messages.

Tijuana
01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
There was no conflict. Justice went on 20 minutes after Waters finished.

Another drugged up kid. No mention of an actual conflict in my post kiddo. Only thing mentioned was that people were complaining here about conflicts.

MarkO
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
At this stage I have to laugh at this whole clusterfuck.

McFearless
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
This is actually rather calming.

I am not going to check the site every few hours anymore and think about it constantly. I am pretty set on going regardless so the lineup should not matter.

SnowShoe
01-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Now the question becomes...
Who announces first? Coachella or Bonnaroo?

GV/AEG owns Coachella, while Bonnaroo is owned by Superfly/Ashley Capps.
They are competitors, and I'm sure they fight over headliners each and every year.

Maybe one of the festivals is trying to race to the finish line first with a big announcement?

Or maybe, as someone else pointed out, one of the headliners is big enough to headline both events, and the headliner has asked to be announced on both festivals at the same time?

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM

i would rather have it like last year, where they just announce it as it is, even if its weak, so i can at least see all the other bands besides headliners, and then they keep working on the big guys and add somebody later on like they did prince.

danteb
01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
THANK YOU Paul.
At least it was something. Keep The Faith.

chiapet
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
You people act like they are making you wait just to watch you suffer. Haven't you considered that the reason they don't just say a specific date in the future is that they will tell us the lineup as soon as they've nailed down the acts?

chiapet
01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
i would rather have it like last year, where they just announce it as it is, even if its weak, so i can at least see all the other bands besides headliners, and then they keep working on the big guys and add somebody later on like they did prince.

Yea, that's fine for those of us who are going to Coachella no matter what, but sucks for people who are trying to make a decision between this or another festival.

LineupWait09TookMyDignity
01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
So it isn't coming out today... so it could still come out at midnight tonight since that's tomorrow!!!! Can't sleep!

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Damn it!! Monday it is then. I hope all this anticipation ends up paying off.

I still think we won't get it until after Bonnaroo announces theirs...

BlueDevil50
01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
i'm just hoping we get it before april...hoo-fucking-ray

Betamike

And Roger Waters has NOTHING but straight edge fans listening to that shit. Right?

faxman75
I still think we won't get it until after Bonnaroo announces theirs...

There's a poll.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25385

BaronBedros
01-28-2009, 07:01 PM
And Roger Waters has NOTHING but straight edge fans listening to that shit. Right?

SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! I got banged up at Waters and had to be directed to Justice! Why go to Coachella if your not gonna be fucked up?!?!?hahahahaha

crazzz2007
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Wondering the same thing .... Dani, why is the LA Times getting the info before the official website? Coachella.com is the last to know? Strange.

it's called "free publicity." coachella gives exclusive info to LA Times and in return gets "free publicity." repeat after me . . . "free publicity."

psychic friend
01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
ya also im not really updating the old 2008 website. sorry folks. Obviously you found out the news just fine. We have other means of getting info out rather quickly.

AdrianFL
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
sure, beacause you don't want to know when we're gonna see the lineup.
FUCK YOU.

Sokkerkid101
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I have heard from inside sources that the message was just a cover up/joke, in fact the lineup will come out tonight at midnight

crazzz2007
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
sure, beacause you don't want to know when we're gonna see the lineup.
FUCK YOU.

banned.

boyblue
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
its hilarious that so many people were complaining that all they wanted was gv to say something about the lineup. they finally get something, it isnt what they want to hear, so there's more complaining. anxiety is taking its toll on the coachella boards.

DHARMA2112
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
its hilarious that so many people were complaining that all they wanted was gv to say something about the lineup. they finally get something, it isnt what they want to hear, so there's more complaining. anxiety is taking its toll on the coachella boards.

No, we wanted them to say something with meaning. All he said was it was not coming today and to wait.

Doesn't exactly give us a time frame. At this point, it could be a week from now before it's announced. If anything, that message was just vague and more frustrating.

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea, that's fine for those of us who are going to Coachella no matter what, but sucks for people who are trying to make a decision between this or another festival.

well i hope all those people go to roo then. maybe that would prompt gv to not make this same mistake next year. the thing that coachella always had going for it was that it was the first major summer to be announced, which i think gave them a big edge, since it was always good enough to make people decide to go without seeing others. now that people can see the roo lineup at (almost) the same time, this could possibly take a big chunk out of coachella sales. now that i think about it, thats a good thing. the more people that go to others, the more room i have on the polo fields. i just wish i knew not to expect it till now in the first place, would save a lot of stress.

i wouldnt call that "something". he basically told us what we already knew, that it wouldnt come out today and they werent done with the lineup yet. i could have told you that.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Fucking hell people.

Christ people.

And they did.

well, we're not totally bitching at paul, we're bitching because the lineup isn't out which is very frustrating but I'm sure it is to him too if not more.

I'll just be glad when it is here and we can all move on

and think about it like this:
at least he's not releasing some half-ass lineup just to shut us up (but that would only make us bitch more) and instead he's taking his time to make sure it is amazing and I'm sure it is

beetleguise
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
why can't they just fucking say... Oh it will be out by the end of the week. Or Sometime next week.

they fucking want people to stress out, cause it causes press.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
OMG YOU GUYS

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
and think about it like this:
at least he's not releasing some half-ass lineup just to shut us up (but that would only make us bitch more) and instead he's taking his time to make sure it is amazing and I'm sure it is

Well, they're hyping it up themselves right now, intentionally or not. If the lineup isn't amazing or standout (or if we get the Killers as headliners after all), they'll have a problem with ticket sales.

Amneeziac
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
well i hope all those people go to roo then. maybe that would prompt gv to not make this same mistake next year. the thing that coachella always had going for it was that it was the first major summer to be announced, which i think gave them a big edge, since it was always good enough to make people decide to go without seeing others. now that people can see the roo lineup at (almost) the same time, this could possibly take a big chunk out of coachella sales. now that i think about it, thats a good thing. the more people that go to others, the more room i have on the polo fields. i just wish i knew not to expect it till now in the first place, would save a lot of stress.

i wouldnt call that "something". he basically told us what we already knew, that it wouldnt come out today and they werent done with the lineup yet. i could have told you that.

:2c

cent one: enjoy the room on the polo fields, because if that's how it goes, this'll be your last year on the polo fields.

cent two: anybody could have said what he said, but it's because HE said it that i am more at ease. i want the lineup, i'm going crazy, i need to smoke some weed, but he let us know that they are paying attention, and i needed to hear that.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
why can't they just fucking say... Oh it will be out by the end of the week. Or Sometime next week.

they fucking want people to stress out, cause it causes press.

because with trying to book bands (especially for a date not so close) nothing is certain. especially if they're dealing with a stubborn headliner *cough* Bowie

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-28-2009, 07:44 PM
because with trying to book bands (especially for a date not so close) nothing is certain. especially if they're dealing with a stubborn headliner *cough* Bowie

NO MORE BOWIE! STOP!

silver_lounge
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Bowie also reaffirmed that he would not be playing at this year's Coachella festival, after it was rumoured that he was set to revive his Ziggy Stardust alter-ego for the US festival.

A message at on Bowie's official website, Davidbowie.com, read, "The story goes that David Bowie was in talks to perform his Ziggy Stardust album at the festival this year, the rumour really took hold and the 'news' was reported online around the globe and in the English press.

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
seriously, bowie is not fucking playing! get over it.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
NO MORE BOWIE! STOP!

tell that to goldenvoice.

they keep pushing him to play but it ain't happening

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Bowie. Will. Never. Play. Coachella.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
QFT

silver_lounge
01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.davidbowie.com/news/index.php?id=20090127

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
yes we know already

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I mean, we know within this VERY PAGE of posts. how the FUCK do you find it appropriate to post that?

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 07:56 PM
some people will never get it.

they're not even worth the time to acknowledge

silver_lounge
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM

Because some people think this is somehow still on the table.
Just making sure.

rage patton
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
So guesses people. Line up Friday or Monday?

watercurses
01-28-2009, 07:59 PM

hahahaha yeah.

and about the statement- he basically said chill out until tomorrow. he said it will not be released tonight, if he knew it was going to be any time longer than that he would have said "it won't be for at least 2 days" or 3, 4, 5, etc.

so it sounds like tomorrow is the day.

thephatkat
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Damn it!! Monday it is then. I hope all this anticipation ends up paying off.

see...isn't this how rumors get started? :rolleyes

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM

ive given up on guessing.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM

Saturday. Maybe

Imagine if we all had money riding on this. We'd be some broke fuckin' people by now

paulct
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
It's always been FEBRUARY SECOND! source: lake cahuilla staff. "You are not allowed to make reservations for camping until the 2nd of feb, the day the lineup is announced." They told me this 3 weeks ago.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Next Wednesday. Paul T said it would be one week.

rage patton
I am assuming it wont be released tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday. It also won't be released any later than Monday. If it anounced any day other than Friday or Monday, I will be extremely surprised.

Sexecutioner
if he knew it was going to be any time longer than that he would have said "it won't be for at least 2 days" or 3, 4, 5, etc.

so it sounds like tomorrow is the day.

god you are an idiot. this is the furthest thing from the truth ive ever heard. not saying it cant come out tomorrow, but just that he wouldnt give an estimate even if he knew. this is the whole reason so many of us are frustrated. communication is not gv's strength.

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM

where'd you get this from?

rage patton
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM

He is right guys...

Tollett says, “I know everybody is going crazy, but we’re not stalling, we’re still working on the show. Everything we do is in service of the show, not in service of the announcement of the show. Believe me, we’re excited to tell everybody and we want to tell everybody, but the show is still being put together. Oh, and by the way. The line up will be anounced in exactly one week. To the day. (Psssst... that means next Wednesday. A day or so AFTER Bonnaroo anounces their stinky line up.)”

It's true. It says it right in the article.

digitaldragon03
where'd you get this from?
lol.

Memorial_07
Oh fuck. I'm blind. how could I miss that?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Ha. Thanks for playing along. This was fun for me.

RoyBrisby
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Do you ever go to the movies and see trailers for movies that look really generic, and follow a basic formula and suck?

That's what generally happens to things when people don't stfu and let the great auteurs of film work their magic and create beautiful films. Instead there's people who write these generic scripts "that work" but leave you wishing you didn't waste your time or money.

On a similar note, how about everyone shut the fuck up and let GV take as long as they fucking want (as long as it's before April 17) to create the greatest three day event of the year.

I'd rather wait 2 weeks before I hear anything, than have a lineup released tomorrow that has the killers as headliners or something.

And GV doesn't need to make a statement about anything or answer anyone's questions. Great art will always speak for itself in the end. Coachella always ends up being worth it afterwards, and I've yet to be disappointed.

So I know this is said many times but sit back, relax, and expect nothing but the best, because you know that that's always what GV has in mind.

/end rant

malcolmjamalawesome
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Mr. Roy Brisby.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower?

Trick Loves The Kids
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
fuck this waiting bullshit, i'm just gonna build a time machine

alright i'm back. killers were ok, springsteen was okay too, but cot damn did the jonas brothers straight up murder the main stage

RoyBrisby
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
the jonas brothers straight up murder the main stage

Were they still wearing their chastity belts/rings?

Memorial_07
how was miley cyrus and her incest show with her dad?

RoyBrisby
Thanks, Mr. Roy Brisby.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower?

Yes, but you know exactly what it feels like.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
the ramones reunion was alright but i feel like they could've gotten a better lead singer than avril

Memorial_07
01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
wow. that's terrible

weeklymix
01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
wut

johnnypolite
01-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Right now I'm expecting the lineup to be announced February 9th and the headliners to be Moz / Killers / Sir Paul.

seyrnon
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Right now I'm expecting the lineup to be announced February 9th and the headliners to be Moz / Killers / Sir Paul.

maybe, but I feel like all of those headliners would be very doable. As in it wouldn't cause such a hold up to get them. I think they've still got something to pull out of nowhere, and I'm excited to see what it is.

oftheheartofthesoul
01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Imatthepointwhereimnotevenagitatedwiththelackofali neupbecauseiwillbegoingandtherewillnodoubtbeamazin gactsanywaychella.

brando4n82
01-28-2009, 08:53 PM

I feel the same way, but at the same time I want Goldenvoice to be successful. I'm hoping no more than 40,000 this year, which wont be the case if McCartney is on board. Impatience has plagued my soul

Coachella Bound
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Santa Maria!

C DUB YA
01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

alpharuin
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
So who else is looking forward to Emptychella Pt. 2?

FakePlasticMe
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
That's it. I'm signing off tonight I can't look at this board any longer. If it happens it happens and I can awake with a surprise. The madness MUST end. Good day.

Norwalkguy
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I think of Coachella as a global type fest. It was concieved and curated after the festivals in Europe. This draws a lot of people from all over the world to Coachella. I meet people from all over the place. Does Boonaroo have the same draw? I wouldnt know ..i havent been . But it seems a pretty homegrown albiet successful very American based festival. But i think it draws from 2 completly diffrent pools of people . Would Boonaroo be excited about Prince? humm..Not sure..

sk8r408
01-28-2009, 10:56 PM
I like the photo.

rage patton
01-28-2009, 11:18 PM

They would not hold up the line up for those acts.

moviebruin
01-28-2009, 11:23 PM
The Smiths must be such a pain in the ass to negotiate with...

jdaws
01-28-2009, 11:30 PM
i've decided i'm just going to say fuck obsessing over the lineup and checking this site for leftover scraps of information.. with the roo lineup DEFINITELY coming out on feb 3, i now plan to wait till then to return to this sad little world and (hopefully, if its finished by then) compare the lineups back to back.

if the fake lineup that was making its rounds today was legit, coachella would definitely have my loyalty. fuck.. chemical bros, basement jaxx, shpongle, orbital, 1/2 the knife, bassnectar, the bloody beetroots.. the sahara alone wouldve necessitated my appearance (had the lineup creator fleshed the electronic crowd out enough to actually fill the sahara all weekend, something i didnt realize till later (being blinded as i was by wishful thinking)). obviously i'm a noob to this whole forum thing, so i know i shouldn't get jerked around by jerkoffs like the dude who posted the lineup today.. but the anticipation just kills me i cant help it.

im not mad at goldenvoice and temporally removing myself from these forums to spite coachella I F.u.c.k.i.n.g Love Coachella. take your time! get whoever youre trying so hard to get! good luck! but because of the timing caused by this situation, gv might lose this customer to another opportunity.

sorry for rambling. see ya after this madness is over

krunchy
01-29-2009, 02:53 AM
I wanna know the lineup, as there are a few bands that I will fly to the states to see, but as the days go past the flights get more expensive. Stop delaying, you dicks!

Guilen
01-29-2009, 03:43 AM
I wanna know the lineup, as there are a few bands that I will fly to the states to see, but as the days go past the flights get more expensive. Stop delaying, you dicks!

Sooo true! Im a spanish festivalgoer from Barcelona and flights to L.A. cost around 500 round trip, but the bigger is the delay, the more expensive the flights will be.

Come on!

Memorial_07
01-29-2009, 06:42 AM
The Smiths must be such a pain in the ass to negotiate with...

but it should be nothing new to Goldenvoice to have the Smiths turn them down on numerous occasions

beavington
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
I'd rather wait 2 weeks before I hear anything, than have a lineup released tomorrow that has the killers as headliners or something.

/end rant

how are you giong to feel when it is announced and the killers are still saturday headliners?

CurableOkie
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
So it's safe to say we'll know the line-up before April 16th?

OK!

*edit* It won't be The Smiths... it'll be Morrissey. Which won't stop these boards for the next three months talking about how it's really going to be The Smiths... then it won't. These boards are hilarious :)

Coachella Local Boy
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
tick tock tick tock

C DUB YA
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
STOP IT

Coachella Local Boy
01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
. . . you stop it.

Distorted_Jungle
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
It was on the first page and i barely got on this thing and i'm not going to read the entire thread don't have that kind of time like most people on this site. In refference to everyone talking crap on justice fans for being drugged up and talking about Roger Waters, are you kidding me. Roger Waters comes from the era of LSD and i guarantee he has done it way more than a few times. So before you talk shit on todays drug addicts talk shit about the drug addicts of the past that have made it what it is today.

psychic friend
01-29-2009, 08:55 AM
so your request is to discuss druggies in chronological order? lets put that down in the rule books.

lol

Distorted_Jungle
01-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Not chronologicly I am just stating the fact that the Roger Waters fans are talking shit on drugs when a lot of fans of that same music do a lot of drugs haha.

humanoid
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
haha

punkgirl
01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
What is it with everyone hating on the boards? How is it we can all be so nice to one another during the festival (I have never been treated rudely at Coachella) but we trash each other on the boards for simply liking a Coachella artist???

I am increasingly disappointed in everyone being so nasty to one another. And for the record I have never done drugs (other than pot a few times in college) and I love Justice. So quit saying that everyone who likes Justice are drugged out kids. Not true, and just plain offensive and rude.

paganman7
01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
I hope to god that the official lineup is given to Ryan Seacrest to post on his website with no announcement from GV or Dani. We'd see this lineup for days, and all argue how fake it is.

Let's give him and his shiny teeth something to smile about whilst sticking it to those who've hated on him the past two days.

comedeysal
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
so, is it cool to click refresh maybe every 10-15 minutes or is that too much still?
im just kidding, i'm taking it easy today. i've only refreshed 10 times since i got to the office. ...just kidding again, iswears.

bobert
01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
What is it with everyone hating on the boards? How is it we can all be so nice to one another during the festival (I have never been treated rudely at Coachella) but we trash each other on the boards for simply liking a Coachella artist???

I am increasingly disappointed in everyone being so nasty to one another. And for the record I have never done drugs (other than pot a few times in college) and I love Justice. So quit saying that everyone who likes Justice are drugged out kids. Not true, and just plain offensive and rude.

What's so funny bout peace love and understanding? Justive rules!! Say no to drugs!!!

That's so punk...

tbsblunts
01-29-2009, 09:16 AM
ive got a bet going on when the lineups coming out. my moneys on today at 4
dont let me down gv

FireOfDecember
01-29-2009, 09:28 AM
ive got a bet going on when the lineups coming out. my moneys on today at 4
dont let me down gv

Ill take that bet.

andronicus
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
i totally thought this thread ended yesterday.

psychic friend
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I agree with punk girl, everyone just needs to take a hatecation on the boards. sheesh.

:)

Sexecutioner
01-29-2009, 09:34 AM
maybe the big act they are working on that is taking so long is obama. i bet the secret service would have a ton of demands about how the festival is set up, for safety reasons. i can see that taking forever. maybe the lineup is not coming out cuz they are still trying to figure out where they would put the snipers and bulletproof glass? ;)

humanoid
01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
/\ that sounds fun

Leckie
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
maybe the big act they are working on that is taking so long is obama. i bet the secret service would have a ton of demands about how the festival is set up, for safety reasons. i can see that taking forever. maybe the lineup is not coming out cuz they are still trying to figure out where they would put the snipers and bulletproof glass? ;)

would be epic

andronicus
01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
obama should record a hip hop album.

bmack86
01-29-2009, 10:06 AM
sQ-YdkaQb6Q
Reagan beat him to it.

humanoid
01-29-2009, 10:10 AM

I think he has a few more pressing issues

BlueDevil50
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
definitely. clothing line comes first, then rap album.

zikade
01-29-2009, 10:14 AM
All I know is thank God this lineup is late since I just found out today I'm laid off and if I had bought tickets before today I would have been screwed. THANKS!

seanzie
01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
definitely. clothing line comes first, then rap album.

Then you buy a struggling sports franchise!

cacahead01
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM

He'll be headlining Friday for Coachella 2010...according to Ryan Seacrest

uniform72
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Obama at Coachella > Clinton on Arsenio

luckyface
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Obama is ready to perform now. I hope he sings this...

65I0HNvTDH4

mcskye
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
All I know is thank God this lineup is late since I just found out today I'm laid off and if I had bought tickets before today I would have been screwed. THANKS!

Just think though, you don't have to take vacation...you have plenty of time to sell shit on eBay to cover the costs. Or just bet the guy above like $400 that the lineup is not coming out at 4 today.

Roadkillhighway951
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
he speaketh,

graffixload
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I agree with punk girl, everyone just needs to take a hatecation on the boards. sheesh.

:)

Get back to work!

andronicus
01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I think he has a few more pressing issues

like, what, israel? the economy? the iraq war? pshhhhh they can wait. especially if it's for this:

65I0HNvTDH4

Rockstarboy37
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Who else hates this Geoff Doucher guy?

geoff doucher is a pretty cool fucking dude.

andronicus
01-29-2009, 11:10 AM
*boucher

Tijuana
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM

At least they're adults that have already ruined their lives. Justice fans still have a chance (that's the sad part).

boyblue
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
why this is being discussed is beyond me.

Mongeeze
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
FINALLY -------------

2009 Coachella Dates are CONFIRMED!!!

Quadromarshia
01-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Worthless.

KungFuJay
01-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Worthless.

154 is a great album. Pink Flag is still my fave though.

phoenixsky
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM

it's cool, just skip a couple bills like i did one year. nothing says vulnerability quite like driving around without car insurance!

p.s. sorry about your job, though. that really blows.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Layaway?

Memorial_07
01-29-2009, 03:11 PM
FINALLY -------------

2009 Coachella Dates are CONFIRMED!!!

I hope you are jokingly saying this

Rockstarboy37
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
*boucher

thanks haha

2hip2day
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM