PDA

View Full Version : road trip information, a bit off topic.

nmaff
01-20-2007, 06:54 PM
We are driving South from Canada for Coachella... we're going to be driving down I-15 thru SLC, then Vegas, en route.

We'd like to hit the grand canyon one day... can anyone offer any suggestions as to how we should go about doing that, travel-wise? The original plan was to stay in vegas and make the grand canyon a day-trip, but it would appear as though that doesn't make a lot of sense. we're ***tty flexible on our itinerary, as long as we get to spend a day or two in vegas, and a day at the grand canyon.

going home we will be going up the coast thru san fran, so hitting one or the other roundtrip won't work for us.

any input is ap***ciatied. thanks!@@!

C DUB YA
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
do one day or day and half in vegas - one in canyon - do the canyon first

C DUB YA
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
go see the beatles thing while in vegas, its ace! I'm not a big Cirque fan, but the music in LOVE is obviously VERY good.

airguitarvet
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
do i smell a buffet along the way?

C DUB YA
01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
There you go.

summerkid
01-20-2007, 11:54 PM
i got sick at the grand canyon, but i'm afraid of heights so i think that's why. We were just walking down a little bit of it and I got really sick and some german guy was like have power bar, you can make it if you have power bar. And i'm like no no i don't like power bar and he's like power bar you take so than i had the power bar and it made me sicker. Fackin German guy. *end tangent*

C DUB YA
01-21-2007, 12:10 AM
haha

airguitarvet
01-21-2007, 08:07 AM
there i went

nmaff
01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
wow what an attention span this board has... thanks dub...

what about going Vegas to grand canyon to phoenix to coachella? or is that considerably out of the way? we're in a rental car that will be fairly inexpensive on gas, so i don't really care too much about mileage, but i don't want to spend an entire extra day or two driving if i don't have to.

as for the buffet, i heard the bellagio one was the one to go to... last time i was there there was a 2-hour lineup, so we went to bobby flay's way overpriced crappy restaurant instead.

and if i see any germans there, i will punch them in the stomach for you.