PDA

View Full Version : Will Coachella be cancelled? Or will Coachella suffer a Langerado Line up?

boarderwoozel3
09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
come on...

Agreed. Coachella will kick ass as usual. No worries.

unitedwestand
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here. But with today's date as highly rumored as the official line up announcement day not looking too good right now, and no uncertainty of when the line up will be posted, is there a chance Coachella 2009 will be cancelled for reasons beyond the obvious?
That may be a slim chance, but a larger chance to ask is, will Coachella have no major headliners as discussed previously? Langerado announcement of Death Cab for Cutie headlining the acclaimed Florida festival maybe a grim look at other music festival's line ups in 2009. I agree its opinionated on whether Death cab themselves are good enough to headline a festival, or another band like The Killers, but it maybe unwise to do so for several reasons including ticket sales. Death Cab, The Killers and similar bands won't be enough for the festival to produce large amount of concert goers and ticketmaster sales. If Coachella does in fact in habit a Langerado type line up with bands like The Killers, Kings of Leon, Death cab for Cutie headlining each day, perhaps the idea of the Coachella festival will be downsizing for this year and future years.
Please discuss.

zenidogx
01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Paul McCartney to the rescue!

BlackSwan
01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Langerado are announcing more bands shortly, but I see where you're going with this.

SFChrissy
01-26-2009, 04:43 PM
come on...

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
as long as they don't cancel NASCAR

mschirmersf
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
There is a possibility they're in the shit hole and have nothing worthwhile to announce.
I find it troubling that they can't just announce what they have and add acts as they are added to the bill.

Very fucked.

oddlockset
01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I see no reason why announcing the lineup a little later than the good people of the Coachella forums expected is any kind of sign that Coachella is in trouble or will be cancelled.

Mr. E
01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I hope they cancel this shitty fest.

msklvr
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I hope they cancel all haters accounts.

Mr. E
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL dont cry :'( LOL

lizng
01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
dude, Stagecoach is going on this year. If they've managed to make money off of that, Coachella should be fine.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I called this...when Langerado released their headliners I stated that maybe that is how things were going to be with all the festivals...sad but true...

malcolmjamalawesome
01-26-2009, 05:07 PM
This message board is becoming vag central.

And not in the way my sweet frathouse used to be vag central.

lolwut
01-26-2009, 05:07 PM
There is a possibility they're in the shit hole and have nothing worthwhile to announce.
I find it troubling that they can't just announce what they have and add acts as they are added to the bill.

Very fucked.

this is what i also question. there should be at least a solid list at this point but maybe they are trying to be more cautious because of last year and the drop of names from the bill.

i seriously think either way they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

however, coachella will survive and the music will go on...

zenidogx
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
hmm . . . here's a thought . . . last year we went through several poster changes and some heartbreaking cancellations (Madness, the Bees, etc). perhaps GV wants to make sure everything's in order before proceeding with an official lineup?

or maybe Pavement is holding out for some big $$$

BillyCrystal
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM
It's possible that Coachella is in that sort of situation, and just postponed the announcement to try to make a last-minute offer to a big name (like throwing just a liiiitle bit more money at Bowie, the Smiths, or whoever)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I still think Pavement is holding this shit up...seriously, what other major act stated "they are waiting for the right numbers?".

woogie846
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I think GV is more responsible than to wait until the last minute to confirm an act as big as Pavement.

digitaldragon03
01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Fuck Pavement. No one gives a shit about this band. Add them later.

neverclever
01-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Pavement wouldn't be the hold up. They would just add them later and the boards would explode instead of just sit there. HAS to be a headliner.

patricksw
01-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I dunno. I think Snoop is more exciting than Death Cab at Langerado...

gmoneyak
01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Ahhh. This is the COACHELLA message board right? Some of you guys have turned into a bunch of sadsacks.

What's with the doomsday scenarios? I really haven't seen any indications over the past year that would've turned Coachella into FREAKIN' Langerado. You're talking about an established and successful product here, you have to be kidding me.

fishboy
01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
It seems like last year GV added Prince a little too late to make a big difference in sales, so I don't blame them for wanting to avoid any "surprises" (good or bad) before releasing the lineup.

lolwut
01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Pavement wouldn't be the hold up. They would just add them later and the boards would explode instead of just sit there. HAS to be a headliner.

well,.. who the fuck is it?

this riddle better be good when the curtain falls and we see this man from oz.

*creams pants for gorillaz*

myxomatosis
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't think that the problem would be major headliners because aren't most big bands making the majority of their profit off of concert promoting and merchandise? I thought bigger bands wouldn't make as much off their albums, therefore it would be in their best interest to want to play major music festivals.

I'm surprised Langerado couldn't pull bigger acts because of this. Or that Coachella won't...

lizng
01-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Maybe they're holding it to build up hype? Or maybe Hasselhoff is holding out...?

burdt
01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
i think the promoters just discovered the message board. they're having too much fun reading our bullshit. they'll release the lineup when we get old.

Failed State
01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Fuck Pavement. No one gives a shit about this band. Add them later.

Really? Come on you know how Fucking lucky we would be to be able to see pavement.

Aurgasm
01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Pavement is a great band... fits coachella.

snoop and death cab piss me off but attract teens.

Paul T said we'd like the lineup and that they were working hard to finish it up last week...

i believe it

Cpt. Funkaho
01-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here. But with today's date as highly rumored as the official line up announcement day not looking too good right now, and no uncertainty of when the line up will be posted, is there a chance Coachella 2009 will be cancelled for reasons beyond the obvious?

Yeah. They're definitely going to cancel their multi-million-dollar flagship festival which is the face of their promoting brand and the most popular west-coast festival in North America. That would be a brilliant move.

Jesus H. Christ.

Shooters08
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm surprised Langerado couldn't pull bigger acts because of this. Or that Coachella won't...

Langerado has never really had a stellar lineup. I don't know why a lot of people are comparing this second rate festival to Coachella! Compare the lineups of each festival for the last few years and tell me their on the same level. No way!

idriveawkwardly
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Langerado has never really had a stellar lineup. I don't know why a lot of people are comparing this second rate festival to Coachella! Compare the lineups of each festival for the last few years and tell me their on the same level. No way!

AGREED. Langerado does not compare. That festival is 2nd rate to Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza.

Let's not be silly, Coachella won't be canceled. I hate waiting for the line up. I am not virtuous and I have ZERO patience, but we've all waited this long. My radio alarm clock is set to KROQ, so we'll see tomorrow morning...!!