PDA

View Full Version : Some dude earlier said POE?!?!?!

patricksw
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Surely this can't be real... but I think I would need to be wearing a diaper at 7:20 tomorrow if that might be the case for fear of shitting my pants in joy. Can someone offer a little light shed on her situation? I know she like, signed her life/catalog away at a gig in Texas like in 04 or something, but I think that contract she signed was set to expire at some point... maybe by 09???

arlyn
01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Read your own thread title and ask if it's credible.

lolwut
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Read your own thread title and ask if it's credible.

this,

but Angry Johnny/Trigger Happy Jack live would be amazing.

Boourns
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I really wanted to see Poe back in 2001 (last tour) but it didn't come to my area, like most tours.

patricksw
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I never claimed I knew it to be credible. This guy just said it was going to happen on that megathread-- and I latched onto it like a desperate fan in serious need. That chick got me through high school with Hello, and it'd be super sweet to relive those memories.

faxman75
01-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I have seen her name on several fake posters this year. It seems so random and odd. She hasn't performed in a decade, why all the rumors in 2009?

patricksw
01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I really wanted to see Poe back in 2001 (last tour) but it didn't come to my area, like most tours.

Was that the one just after she toured with Depeche Mode? I saw that at the Roxy. It was SICK. I went insane. I was in college at the time, went NUTS in the pit, got pulled onstage by the lady herself --- and in total disbelief almost threw up on her. I had been up for 2-3 days studying for a midterm that had just finished right before the show, and was SO NOT WELL... I like.... heaved and almost gushed vomit, but then leaped off the stage -- the crowd parted-- and I dashed for the baņo and projectile vomited in the urinal.

THEN-- some girl came and found me at the bar and told me to come backstage with her and I got to meet her.

Now yes, that was pretty freakin incredible. But I kinda want more.

SkipLaCombe
01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I love me some Poe

Boourns
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Was that the one just after she toured with Depeche Mode? I saw that at the Roxy. It was SICK. I went insane. I was in college at the time, went NUTS in the pit, got pulled onstage by the lady herself --- and in total disbelief almost threw up on her. I had been up for 2-3 days studying for a midterm that had just finished right before the show, and was SO NOT WELL... I like.... heaved and almost gushed vomit, but then leaped off the stage -- the crowd parted-- and I dashed for the baņo and projectile vomited in the urinal.

THEN-- some girl came and found me at the bar and told me to come backstage with her and I got to meet her.

Now yes, that was pretty freakin incredible. But I kinda want more.

Best story ever.

rskapcat
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Saw her in '96 or '97. My friend and I were close enough to be able to tell that she had stubble on her legs. :p

I would love to see her this year.

patricksw
01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Saw her in '96 or '97. My friend and I were close enough to be able to tell that she had stubble on her legs. :p

I would love to see her this year.

Yeah, she's not the most well-maintained lady in the land, but she does have a nice voice and infectious lyrics...

POE 2009!!!! bring that bitch back!

rskapcat
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
We thought it was pretty awesome, actually.

patricksw
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
We thought it was pretty awesome, actually.

I was joking.

How does that lyric of hers go? "Your legs feel like sandpaper..." oh here it is.... (below) -- yeah, I'm pretty sure she's talking about someone talking to her, so ... I guess sandpapery legs is sort of her thing.

I dreamt tomorrow had a prettier face
I dreamt tomorrow would have better things to say
Than, "You look like shit. What's your problem bitch?
Your legs feel like sandpaper you can't do anything right"
Cuz that day never should have taken place

rskapcat
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Ha! I totally didn't even think of "That Day" until you mentioned it!

Xenocide
01-27-2009, 03:34 AM

i saw her twice, her last show of the last tour in Portland, OR and back in '96 at an X103.9 'no-dough X show' with Patti Rothberg...

i would die to see Poe at Coachella!

patricksw
01-27-2009, 04:17 PM
THAT'S IT.
I'm resurrecting this rumor

POE FOR COACHELLA 2009

Her fucked up contract has apparently expired... Maybe?!?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE COACHELLA SANTA!!! THIS IS ALL I REALLY WANT THIS YEAR!!! PLEASE!!!!

http://earcandies.blogspot.com/2008/01/poe-what-hell.html

DruggyFestivalGuy
01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Was that dude holdin?

microcuts
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I have seen her name on several fake posters this year. It seems so random and odd. She hasn't performed in a decade, why all the rumors in 2009?

I think all the rumors are starting because her evil contract with Atlantic Records is finally expired. It prevented her from recording new music or even performing her old music for 7 years or some other obscene length of time. She's also been working on a new album, so I'd say the return of Poe is imminent.

PotVsKtl
01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
?!?!?!?!

patricksw
01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Is anyone else down to do a collective consciousness prayer circle for Poe tonight at midnight PT?

THE POWER OF SYNERGY IS PRICELESS.

PotVsKtl
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
?!?!?!??!

patricksw
01-27-2009, 04:30 PM
?!?!?!??!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patricksw
01-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Fine. I guess no one is into my Poe at Coachella prayer circle. I'm going to go home and cry about it now. BYE.

attila the honey
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
I looove Poe but I highly doubt she will be there. One of her reps on her board said she is working on her third album now and it will be another year to a year and a half before she releases it or tours :( .......coachella isnt a tour so maaaaaaybe its possible.

tHEdARKsIDE
01-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Fine. I guess no one is into my Poe at Coachella prayer circle. I'm going to go home and cry about it now. BYE.

i've been praying for it for years...

POE Coachella 09!!!!!!!!!

Xenocide
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
this WOULD be sweet!!!

Grimlock
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
POE!!!

nbvwes
01-28-2009, 10:16 AM
i would KILL for this!!!!

patricksw
01-28-2009, 10:18 AM
EVERYONE KEEP YOUR PRAYERS ALIVE!!!
THE POWER OF COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS IS REAL AND INCREDIBLE!!!

voiceofthemasses
01-28-2009, 10:21 AM
POE??? cmon, seriously now, a one hit wonder from almost 15 years ago...calm down peoples

nbvwes
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
hey, TWO hit wonder!

Ill_Eagle
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
wut

tHEdARKsIDE
01-28-2009, 10:37 AM
*stabs you all in the face with an ice pick*

faxman75
01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes we all know how important "hits" are. Technically Portishead had one hit. They were definitely headliner ready for having just one hit and not having played the states for a really fucking long time. We aren't even talking headliner here, just a cool chick who did cool music many years ago.

I do find it interesting that her name has been on more then one of the fake lineups.

insidetheface
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
good point...

voiceofthemasses
01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes we all know how important "hits" are. Technically Portishead had one hit. They were definitely headliner ready for having just one hit and not having played the states for a really fucking long time. We aren't even talking headliner here, just a cool chick who did cool music many years ago.

I do find it interesting that her name has been on more then one of the fake lineups.

dude, she's garbage. In fact, i'd rather see Garbage than this Poe chick.

patricksw
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
dude, she's garbage. In fact, i'd rather see Garbage than this Poe chick.

WHATEVER. Don't go see her, but don't fuck up the vibe of my positive thread here. Your bad energy is not welcome here like a fuck in the road.

JorgeC
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
i approve of having Poe at Coachella. I loved the first album, but the Haunted CD would literally make me cry when I would hear it from beginning to end knowing how it helped her finally cope with the loss of her father. that being said, she also rocks live. The Roxy show was one of the best shows i've been too...it's also the time i learned that you NEVER park your car in a "permit only zone" in West Hollywood...friggin got towed...

patricksw
01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
i approve of having Poe at Coachella. I loved the first album, but the Haunted CD would literally make me cry when I would hear it from beginning to end knowing how it helped her finally cope with the loss of her father. that being said, she also rocks live. The Roxy show was one of the best shows i've been too...it's also the time i learned that you NEVER park your car in a "permit only zone" in West Hollywood...friggin got towed...

YEEEEAHAHHHAHAHAHA! best show ever!!!!!

If you're ever in that hood again, you can borrow my permit. :)

JorgeC
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
YEEEEAHAHHHAHAHAHA! best show ever!!!!!

If you're ever in that hood again, you can borrow my permit. :)

sweet. when I go to Troubadour shows or to bars in WeHo, I always get lucky with street parking, but up on Sunset it's a totally different story. there haven't been many Key Club and Roxy shows that i've been interested in lately, but when there is, i'll hit you up.

patricksw
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
sweet. when I go to Troubadour shows or to bars in WeHo, I always get lucky with street parking, but up on Sunset it's a totally different story. there haven't been many Key Club and Roxy shows that i've been interested in lately, but when there is, i'll hit you up.

Before I lived in the hood, I would just park on the BH side of Doheny and walk up to or down to SM. You can also sometimes get street parking on San Vicente or Santa Monica or one of the streets that go off of there... OR-- a lot of people squat parking at the Weho post office on San Vicente north of SM... they never ticket at night. It's all bar/club parking at night... and you can easily walk between those two streets.

Xenocide
01-29-2009, 12:57 AM
there is one little back street with no permit parking (enough for like 4 or 5 cars) behind the Key Club & Whiskey (a block or two)... it usually comes in handy...

although i usually pay to park at the parking lot across the street from the Key Club & blaze...