PDA

View Full Version : CHROMEO; NO GO FOR 09'

Flipxican805
01-23-2009, 11:19 PM
hey sorry to burst your bubble but chromeo will not be doing coachella this year, I talked to P-Thug last night after the show in LA and asked him myself and he said quote "Coachella did contact us but we said no" he explained that if they did coachella again that meant they couldnt do it 3 years in a row which meant that they wouldnt be able to perform coachella with their new album which makes sence and will be worth the wait

airguitarvet
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
thanks for sharing this

daft$tar
01-23-2009, 11:21 PM
good - i need a break from them

Coachella Bound
01-23-2009, 11:22 PM
hey sorry to burst your bubble but chromeo will not be doing coachella this year, I talked to P-Thug last night after the show in LA and asked him myself and he said quote "Coachella did contact us but we said no" he explained that if they did coachella again that meant they couldnt do it 3 years in a row which meant that they wouldnt be able to perform coachella with their new album which makes sence and will be worth the wait

You go to the after party @ the Roxy?

WhyTheLongFace
01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I heard there was mad underages at that after party

SMH

Coachella Bound
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
It was 18+ and open to the public. Pretty sure Dim Mak was promoting it.

I dont think ive ever been to the Roxy now that i think about it....

hobomilitia
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
they thoroughly disappointed last year.

indietron
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
they were a real let down last year, so im glad they wont be there.

flowbee
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Going from Simian Mobile Disco to Chromeo sucked.

Aurgasm
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
...chromeo kinda sucks

tHEdARKsIDE
01-24-2009, 12:43 AM

yay!!

mvanwinkle
01-24-2009, 12:44 AM
/\ x2 yep

cubrocker
01-24-2009, 01:32 AM
everyone hated on the chromeo show

...i thought it was great!

digitaldragon03
01-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Chromeo did suck last year. Of the final 4 in the Sahara, they were the worst.

1. Justice
2. Modeselektor
3. SMD
4. Chromeo

lowfront
01-24-2009, 07:10 AM

1. Justice
2. Modeselektor
3. SMD
4. Chromeo

which is why I ran to roger waters during chromeo.

Modeselektor // simian // roger waters // justice was the best night of my life

krk67
01-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Chromeo did a McDonald's commercial. That automatically makes them suck in my eyes.

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Justice does Nissan commercials.

cubrocker
01-24-2009, 07:56 AM
i remember getting quite upset when i saw the Modest Mouse/Nissan minivan commercial back in like 2001

Grant
01-24-2009, 07:56 AM
DAFT PUNK DOES LINCOLN COMMERCIALZ

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Indeed.

But Daft Punk are good. Justice on the other hand.....

woogie846
Hooray! Chromeo sucks!

cubrocker
shit- if my music rocked, i would do car commercials too

actually i think its forgiveable... flaming lips have done car commercials too.

and i had a buddy who did electronic music and called it 'i love car commercials' haha

so doing car commercials does NOT equal suckage.

Grant
01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Indeed.

But Daft Punk are good. Justice on the other hand.....

I'm one of the few who like both. I know Justice plays the same sets over and over again, I know they fake their live sets, I know they try to portray themselves as faggy badasses, but I still like der songz.

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 08:02 AM

and i had a buddy who did electronic music and called it 'i love car commercials' haha

I agree. I don't hate on Justice because of that. It's because they pretty much don't do anything impressive live.

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm one of the few who like both. I know Justice plays the same sets over and over again, I know they fake their live sets, I know they try to portray themselves as faggy badasses, but I still like der songz.

The only justice song i like is new jack.

thephatkat
01-24-2009, 08:03 AM
daft punk also did a GAP commercial.

Grant
01-24-2009, 08:06 AM
The only justice song i like is new jack.

The songs I strongly dislike are D.A.N.C.E., Valentine, and TEEHHH PEARTTTYYY. Oh, and We Are Your Friends 'cause it's annoying nao

captncrzy
01-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Chromeo sucked last year and they had a ridiculous time slot. They should have been playing in the parking lot.

dnham
01-24-2009, 08:44 AM

1. Justice
2. Modeselektor
3. SMD
4. Chromeo

I agree with this order...'though I might even put Modeselektor at number one. Happy Birthday was fucking awesome and their set was sooo amazing. But then again, by the time Justice came along I was sooooo exhausted from the past two days and my body was crashing. So maybe my experience of Justice was a bit skewed.

Chromeo is fantastic. I love them and have seen them soo many times but in smaller more cozy venues...but the night they performed at Coachella didn't spark anything for me like they did in the past...it was sort of like an MGMT moment. They sucked at coachella but I was expecting quite a bit...I think everyone was...

rkawar
01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
chromeo actually can't play coachella, they want to but are not allowed to. They are headlining UCLA's Mighty Mic concert, and because of contract they are not allowed to play within a 2 month radius within 150 miles of the venue. Shitty, but at least we can rule them out.

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
chromeo actually can't play coachella, they want to but are not allowed to. They are headlining UCLA's Mighty Mic concert, and because of contract they are not allowed to play within a 2 month radius within 150 miles of the venue. Shitty, but at least we can rule them out.

Hopefully Britney has the same clause in her contract.

Aurgasm
01-24-2009, 10:24 AM

It's not like these bands are like "lets do car commercials" or that car companies go straight to the bands to ask for material.

record companies sell the shit. I remember seeing Santogold songs in a Bud Lite Lime (something like that) commercial and then another car commercial. and this was BEFORE her album dropped and before her amazing set at Coachella.

Advertisers have started to wise up as to what works while the record industry is in a slump looking for any source of income after foolishly shunning the mp3 and online media.

daft$tar
01-24-2009, 10:38 AM
record companies need approval from the band to use the music in commercials - and the band makes a fuck load of money off it - its actually the one way electronic artists make money in the usa

crazzz2007
01-24-2009, 12:09 PM

thank god that these talentless retards and their loser fans won't be at coachella

crazzz2007
01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
...chromeo kinda sucks

why do you have to be so politically correct about? kinda sucks? what you mean is, they are horrible.

andronicus
who here actually wanted them to play in the first place?

crazzz2007
the moron who started the thread

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
record companies need approval from the band to use the music in commercials

not necessarily. it depends on the contract. it's generally the corps that are doing the commercial that ask the record company permission.

and the band makes a fuck load of money off it

and that's definitely not true at all. that all depends on if it's a national commercial or not. and how much airplay it gets. some bands get little to nothing and their song gets wasted.

but i could be wrong i suppose.

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
the moron who started the thread

sad.

Robototron
01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
who here actually wanted them to play in the first place?

Yeah, I could do without seeing them again. I saw them once and it was pretty fun, but haven't they basically been playing the exact same set for like two years now already?

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
they've been playing the same thing since they were in high school. it doesn't help that the guy's brother is a-trak.

Robototron
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Chromeo got big before A-Trak did, though. Outside of hip-hop fans (i.e. by the types of people who like Chromeo), I mean, A-Trak wasn't very well known two or three years ago. Chromeo's first album came out in like 05 or whenever.

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
nah i don't mean about how big, just quality.