PDA

View Full Version : douche on coachella facebook page

WillyWonka5497
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
this guy on the coachella facebook page is relentlessly posting that he's in the band powderfinger and that they're playing on Sunday.

he also says that the headliners are Neil Young, The Killers, and Kings of Leon

Memorial_07
01-23-2009, 03:24 PM
he's right about two of the headliners

Gribbz
01-23-2009, 03:24 PM
this guy on the coachella facebook page is relentlessly posting that he's in the band powderfinger and that they're playing on Sunday.

3.....................2....................1...... ............FAIL.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
For some odd reason.... i thing KOL will headline one day....

WillyWonka5497
01-23-2009, 03:26 PM
he's right about two of the headliners

according to speculation

Gribbz
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I just can't see Neil Young headlining. Sub-headlining maybe.

BlackSwan
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Dee-leet.

Boourns
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Kings of Leon can't fucking headline. They aren't even big enough to headline Street Scene or Pitchfork. Don't think they have played either, but, yeah, just sayin'.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I love KOL, but I wouldn't see them headlining either. But who knows man. Killers happens.

Boourns
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Bands that play 3,000 seat theaters on most of their American tour dates =/= headliners.

betao
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
they played in 07 I believe, and were on the 3rd line of the bill...

...and then headlined glastonbury the next year.

crazy.

vinceolson
01-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Kings of Leon should be a headliner like Paul Rubens should be... well... a headliner.

humanoid
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM

but you could see Kings of Leon Headlining?

humanoid
01-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Kings of Leon should be a headliner like Paul Rubens should be... well... a headliner.

I'd rather have a live action Pee Wee's Playhouse than Kings of Leon

karecares
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
i saw kol subheadling for radiohead at apw. they have done nothing since aug to bump up their position

Gribbz
but you could see Kings of Leon Headlining?

I didn't want to dignify that concept with a response.

I like KOL. Obviously not headliner worthy though.

MassiveChemicalPunk
it's incredible there is so much hate for KOL. I understand hate towards garbage like the Killers , but I don't understand why KOL.

humanoid
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
I didn't want to dignify that concept with a response.

I like KOL. Obviously not headliner worthy though.

ok I just wanted to make sure

Gribbz
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I think it's interesting how much bigger KOL is in Europe.

humanoid
01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
it's incredible there is so much hate for KOL. I understand hate towards garbage like the Killers , but I don't understand why KOL.

I don't hate them, I just don't think their music is good at all...they might be great people, I just don't understand how they're a band that made it to the level they have

stinkbutt

and Muse

AlecEiffel

The Pixies were the same way, headline huge european festivals then come home and play a small theatre at best.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Um... Kings of Leon aren't big enough to headline Coachella, but they're big enough to headline Glastonbury, the biggest festival in the world?

I'm no big KoL fan, but anybody who says they can't headline is wrong, because they can and have.

vinceolson
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM

I think KOL are good. But I think them headlining would be ridiculous, considering their fan base is almost entirely UK. I don't think they would be a big enough draw for GV.

humanoid
01-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Um... Kings of Leon aren't big enough to headline Coachella, but they're big enough to headline Glastonbury, the biggest festival in the world?

I'm no big KoL fan, but anybody who says they can't headline is wrong, because they can and have.

it highly depends on a bands popularity in a specific place, just because they can headline an English festival doesn't mean they can headline one anywhere

yes, people do travel from other places to festivals, but a huge portion of the attendees do come from the specific area surrounding

AlecEiffel

look at the differences between the British charts and the American charts, completley different.

Gribbz
Glastonbury is in a different country.

Boourns
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Funny how after Kings of Leon headlined Glastonbury that they couldn't give the tickets away for the following year, pre or post-lineup.

TommyboyUNM
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
and Muse

Well Muse is actually from the UK so how is it interesting that they're popular in Europe? Kings of Leon is from Tennessee.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't hate them, I just don't think their music is good at all...they might be great people, I just don't understand how they're a band that made it to the level they have

You have a valid point.

I guess they're not everyones cup of tea, but they are not bad at all. I think it's valid to show hate towards a band if you really have heard their music enough to say you don't like em. In my case, that would be the example of the Killers. Huge fan of Hot Fuss, and deeply dissapointed with Sam's Town and Brandow Flower's evergrowing ego. Now they spit out Day & Age, I gave it a try, but they are even worse. sucks.

stinkbutt
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Glasto headliners dont mean shit over here

Amy Whinehouse headlined Glasto so has Blur and The Verve and other groups that arent headliners here

Cpt. Funkaho
Funny how after Kings of Leon headlined Glastonbury that they couldn't give the tickets away for the following year, pre or post-lineup.

Actually they're 90% sold out for this year (which IS the next year), according to an article I read today. And the lineup isn't out yet. The article blamed Jay-Z for poor sales last year.

humanoid
Actually they're 90% sold out for this year (which IS the next year), according to an article I read today. And the lineup isn't out yet. The article blamed Jay-Z for poor sales last year.

that's racist

Cpt. Funkaho
01-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Glasto headliners dont mean shit over here

Amy Whinehouse headlined Glasto so has Blur and The Verve and other groups that arent headliners here

I'll give you Amy Winehouse, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Blur headline Coachella. And I considered Verve the co-headliner (with Fatboy Slim) of Friday last year.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
that's racist

Hey, don't blame me, man, I'm just the messenger.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM

their sound has changed over each album so I can understand why more people have been drawn to them... the first album had a raw classic rock sound to it, much like jet. I like the newest album. I think "sex on fire" is a fun single and I like the song "notion"

humanoid
01-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey, don't blame me, man, I'm just the messenger.

I didn't mean to sound as if I were blaming you...the article was racist for blaming Jay Z, but who knows, maybe that was the reason?

luckyface
01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
You do understand that KOL is gigantic in Europe, right? That is why they headlined Glastonbury. It doesn't mean they can headline over here. They couldn't even sell out the Greek Theatre.

mr powerful
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Kings of Leon can't fucking headline. They aren't even big enough to headline Street Scene or Pitchfork. Don't think they have played either, but, yeah, just sayin'.

My thoughts exactly. Who the fuck are Kings of Neon?

ReaganSMASH
01-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I didn't mean to sound as if I were blaming you...the article was racist for blaming Jay Z, but who knows, maybe that was the reason?

Is your avatar Kurt Vonnegut? Looks like him. Great author.

McFearless
01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I'm a massive Kings of Leon fan but I know they can't headline here. Maybe the Side Stage during the headliner....Actually, that would be really amazing...

AlecEiffel
01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
their sound has changed over each album so I can understand why more people have been drawn to them... the first album had a raw classic rock sound to it, much like jet. I like the newest album. I think "sex on fire" is a fun single and I like the song "notion"

I would reccomend never comparing a band to Jet when you're trying to explain why they're good.

humanoid
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Is your avatar Kurt Vonnegut? Looks like him. Great author.

yes it is, and yes he is

RageAgainst
01-23-2009, 05:04 PM
lol that douche may be right...

DFrank
01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I would definitely like to see Kings of Leon even though i dont really listen to them. I was listening to their single 'Use Somebody' and it's pretty epic (look for any live sets on youtube) and sounds like it would be on Coachella's mainstage at evening/night.

hendrixfan143
01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
this country has gone down hte shitter if we are settling for kol as a headliner. They have what 2 albums or something. and only one that anybody listened to.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 06:22 PM

you should go tell that douche off, yeah that'll show him

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
this country has gone down hte shitter if we are settling for kol as a headliner. They have what 2 albums or something. and only one that anybody listened to.

they have four, the newest one has received a lot of attention and radio rotation...but yeah sub headliner I could see. either way I've said it a billion times, I dont go to coachella for headliners any way. otherwise I would have skipped 2005-2008 and been a dick head for not going and kicked my self once I realized how dumb I was for skipping coachella over a headline act I didnt like.

Jman4321
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
According to a Rolling Stone interview Kings of Leon played for 100,000 people at Glastonbury. Ridiculous.

They've had spotty headliners in the past though too. Kylie Minogue was intended to headline one year, and the Arctic Monkeys did another.

However they've also had David Bowie, Paul McCartney, and Leonard Cohen. Fuck.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2009, 06:40 PM

wtf planet are you from?

Gribbz
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Earf.

Aurgasm
01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
vomit

Aurgasm
01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
yea man... same spot willie nelson or crowded house had

McFearless
01-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I find it rather hilarious that people dismiss a band from headlining simply because THEY don't like them.

I also hate JET and KoL are NOTHING like that band.

I have followed Kings of Leon since 2004 and can pretty much say that if they do agree to do Coachella they will only do it if they are headlining a stage or maybe play right before an epic headliner like Neil Young. I spoke to one of their fiances at her show recently and when I mentioned Coachella she definitely was holding something back.

They have been steadily getting more airplay and despite the fact that the new record is not as great (ie: more accessible to the masses) I find that the EXACT reason why they would be pretty high on the roster.

/end rant.

mschirmersf
01-24-2009, 10:40 AM
How quickly we forget...

Does anyone remember the douchebag Jack Johnson that HEADLINED last year?

Anything is possible.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-24-2009, 10:44 AM
The new album is not that great (although, Use Somebody is one amazing song).

Because of the Times has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. It's too good.

I hope they sub-headline.

KungFuJay
01-24-2009, 10:44 AM
The Ramones could fill soccer stadiums in South America but couldn't fill 1,000 person clubs in the US. Just saying.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
KoL had ticket on sale for at least 7 months before their MSG show. didnt sell out. just saying.

people, be serious here, there is no way KoL will headline a day of coachella. they dont have a big enough fanbase to headline. Jack Johnson only headlined because he has a pretty large fanbase, and also headlined a few other festivals. KoL have not headlined any US festival, that is what makes them sub headliners, not headliners.

CalmerThanYou
01-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I think KOL are good. But I think them headlining would be ridiculous, considering their fan base is almost entirely UK. I don't think they would be a big enough draw for GV.

this is so fucking stoopid.

JorgeC
01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
The KOL Madison Square Garden show is SOLD OUT...i'd have to say that ups the ante for headliner worthiness in the US.

Jman4321
01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Kings of Leon, The Killers, No Doubt '09

http://ksjtracker.mit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/exploding-earth.jpg

Quadromarshia
01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
KoL aren't headliners. End of discussion.

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:00 PM
i think powderfinger should headline.

Harrisment
01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Dear god I hope they don't headline. Jack Johnson of 2009. Ok not THAT bad. But c'mon.

butitdidhappen
01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Bah. What a boring band.

Jman4321
01-24-2009, 12:13 PM
with a singer that tries way too hard

Boourns
01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Half the MSG tickets are comped.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 12:41 PM
The KOL Madison Square Garden show is SOLD OUT...i'd have to say that ups the ante for headliner worthiness in the US.

took them at least 6 months. muse sold out the garden in 11 minutes, but half the people on the board would not want them headlining.

also muse>>>KoL

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:42 PM
muse? ugh.

CalmerThanYou
01-24-2009, 12:42 PM
god damn it muse is so fucking good live.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
god damn it muse is so fucking good live.

agreed, i dont know why they get hate around here. it doesn't make sense.

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
not my shit.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I also like Muse, but I can understand the hate, kind of.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 12:47 PM
would you rather have Kings of Leon headline or Muse?

andronicus
01-24-2009, 12:48 PM
radiohead.

facetiousness aside, muse actually.

KungFuJay
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
would you rather have Kings of Leon headline or Muse?

Kings of Leon.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Kings of Leon.

surely you jest.

faxman75
01-24-2009, 12:56 PM
How quickly we forget...

Does anyone remember the douchebag Jack Johnson that HEADLINED last year?

Anything is possible.

Jack Johnson sells tickets and albums. Jack is far more successful and for how much people bitch about Jack Johnson around here it's hardly representative of the rest of the country. The guy is much more of a draw than KOL.

KungFuJay
01-24-2009, 01:03 PM
surely you jest.

Nope. Not big on Muse. And I'm really big on KoL's 1st two albums. I'm not quite in love with the sound progression they are going in on the last two but I think there are a decent # of tracks on each of them. But I could listen to "The Bucket" or "Molly's Chambers" or "Red Morning Light" all day. I am much more a rock n' roll purist than an athemic rock/Britpop kinda guy (although I like a fair amount of that too). But the first two KoL albums are more like Black Keys/White Stripes fare to me, which is right up my alley.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Nope. Not big on Muse. And I'm really big on KoL's 1st two albums. I'm not quite in love with the sound progression they are going in on the last two but I think there are a decent # of tracks on each of them. But I could listen to "The Bucket" or "Molly's Chambers" or "Red Morning Light" all day. I am much more a rock n' roll purist than an athemic rock/Britpop kinda guy (although I like a fair amount of that too). But the first two KoL albums are more like Black Keys/White Stripes fare to me, which is right up my alley.

i do agree, but i did not like the new album as much as the first two. and i like muse and KoL, but honestly, in terms of album sales and crowd drawing abilities, could you see KoL headlining?

Knapptime
01-24-2009, 01:15 PM

Shows actually. Plural. They're playing back to back and they've both sold out. They even reconfigured the stage set up to allow for more seating since there was such high-demand.

Regardless, I could think of alot worse options to headline.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Shows actually. Plural. They're playing back to back and they've both sold out. They even reconfigured the stage set up to allow for more seating since there was such high-demand.

Regardless, I could think of alot worse options to headline.

i like how that isnt true, unless you are using online sarcasm.

KungFuJay
01-24-2009, 01:23 PM
i do agree, but i did not like the new album as much as the first two. and i like muse and KoL, but honestly, in terms of album sales and crowd drawing abilities, could you see KoL headlining?

No, I don't see them headlining at all. I was just answering your question as to who I'd rather see headline. ;)

Seriously, when bands like The Killers and Kings of Leon headline Reading/Leeds and Glastonbury and doesn't mean anything for them headlining a US festival. For whatever reason, they are so much bigger in the UK/Europe than they are here. Usually this is the case with British acts (see, e.g., Oasis, Robbie Williams, Razorlight, Paul Weller) so I can't really explain what the connection is over there.

But in Dallas for example, which I think is fairly indicative of the overall US population when in comes to music popularity (and it gets most major tours as well as a good number of indie acts) - Kings of Leon played the Palladium Ballroom which is a large GA club that holds about 2800. They did sell it out well in advance. That's a pretty good feat but not nearly big enough a venue to be a major US festival headliner. The Killers are playing Nokia Theatre here, which holds 6350 or so and the best seats were already in the nosebleeds after 2 days of tickets being on sale. Much closer to headlining but I'd still put them as the 1st or 2nd subheadliner on a day.

I am only mentioning the Killers here b/c it's so hotly debated on the board. I don't know where (if ever) Muse played in Dallas last time. I know they were a subheadliner turned into a stage closer at ACL 2007 bc the White Stripes canceled.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
No, I don't see them headlining at all. I was just answering your question as to who I'd rather see headline. ;)

Seriously, when bands like The Killers and Kings of Leon headline Reading/Leeds and Glastonbury and doesn't mean anything for them headlining a US festival. For whatever reason, they are so much bigger in the UK/Europe than they are here. Usually this is the case with British acts (see, e.g., Oasis, Robbie Williams, Razorlight, Paul Weller) so I can't really explain what the connection is over there.

But in Dallas for example, which I think is fairly indicative of the overall US population when in comes to music popularity (and it gets most major tours as well as a good number of indie acts) - Kings of Leon played the Palladium Ballroom which is a large GA club that holds about 2800. They did sell it out well in advance. That's a pretty good feat but not nearly big enough a venue to be a major US festival headliner. The Killers are playing Nokia Theatre here, which holds 6350 or so and the best seats were already in the nosebleeds after 2 days of tickets being on sale. Much closer to headlining but I'd still put them as the 1st or 2nd subheadliner on a day.

I am only mentioning the Killers here b/c it's so hotly debated on the board. I don't know where (if ever) Muse played in Dallas last time. I know they were a subheadliner turned into a stage closer at ACL 2007 bc the White Stripes canceled.

Muse gets the subheadliner a lot of the time, but i think they could headline friday of coachella.

the worst was when they subheadlined the fucking bamboozle 2007 under my chemical romance.

Jman4321
01-24-2009, 01:30 PM
the worst was when they subheadlined the fucking bamboozle 2007 under my chemical romance.

No one deserves that level of injustice. No one.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
and i still dont think KoL could headline. i can, and would want, to see KoL into Muse friday night.

bludevil007
01-24-2009, 01:39 PM
No one deserves that level of injustice. No one.

QFT, just awful.

I would take muse over KOL, just because i think muse's live show is great. But i understand the muse-hate - they are one of the most derivative bands of all time. that being said, i still like them fine.

Jman4321
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
QFT, just awful.

wait...what? I'm insulting My Chemical Romance. Does that bother you?

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:48 PM
wait...what? I'm insulting My Chemical Romance. Does that bother you?

he meant it is just awful that muse subheadlined

Jman4321
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
he meant it is just awful that muse subheadlined

It is. But Bamboozle is, on a whole, an abysmal festival.

arya.
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
KoL is NOT headliner worthy.
love them but they just can't.

phantomphlyer560
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
It is. But Bamboozle is, on a whole, an abysmal festival.

tell me about it. ill be glad when i can drive so i can go to other festival, unless APW comes back this year.

McFearless
01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think they would headline but people really should stop trying to downplay how much more success they have gotten this year simply because you don't like the album.

Boourns
01-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Headliners sell out arenas and amphitheaters, not theaters. It's simple math.

McFearless
01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah, places like Madison Square Garden, I know.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't think they would headline but people really should stop trying to downplay how much more success they have gotten this year simply because you don't like the album.

The way I see it: If I tell a group of casual music-listening people the name of an artist or band, and they recognize it and are able to name a few songs by them, that means a band can headline. In most cases anyway.

But I don't think KoL is there yet. At least in America.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Boourns, why the fuck do you hate KOL so much? Really, have you heard their albums? I mean, i don't like Asobi Seksu at all, in fact, i think Asobi Seksu suck cock, but I won't make it a personal vendetta here on the boards and try to spread the word of how much they suck ass.

Boourns
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM
1. I doubt you've ever even heard Asobi Seksu.
2. Stop trying to change the subject.
3. I'm not delusional enough to call them a headliner.
4. Every single post I've made in this thread is regarding the simple FACT that Kings of Leon are not big enough in America to headline, not about how much I personally like or dislike their music. Learn to read.
5. They barely filled the Greek Theater recently...that's a subheadliner venue. Coachella headliners play arenas, stadiums, amphitheaters no matter how much you or me or anyone loves or loathes the band. Roger Waters? Multiple sold-out nights at the Hollywood Bowl. Hollywood Bowl? 18,000 capacity per night. Kings of Leon? One night at the Greek Theater. Greek Theater? 6,000 capacity. Numbers are completely objective. Until they, or anyone else, start selling out those large venues all over this country or become some reunion/rare performer that hates America, they're not headlining a 60k capacity festival. They have the right image and sound to make the NME crowd swoon, and they sold out the O2 arena, just like Prince and Zeppelin, which is why they can headline Glastonbury. Once they sell out Staples Center or the Hollywood Bowl and similar venues in flyover country, then they are a Coachella headliner, too.
6. For the record, Kings of Leon sound like one of those bland, boring Lynyrd Skynyrd derivative bands that plays at every county fair in the country.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Boourns, I am going to bother and respond, but won't take my time.

I have heard Citrus, and it sucks.
I mentioned the possibility of KOL headlining seeing that we don't even know who the fuck the headliners are (and after last years JJ, well, anything is possible). I never said they should headline or even believe they should. You have mentioned Pulp as a possible headliner before and well... let's not even get there.

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
KoL is NOT headliner worthy.
love them but they just can't.

Well put.

Definitely would like to see them at coachella. Just not headlining.

Boourns
01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, but not seriously like these retards are saying that Kings of Leon could actually headline. The Raconteurs couldn't headline, either. Well the difference between Kings of Leon and Pulp is Pulp would be a reunion and surely the only American performance in over a decade, and probably the last one ever, so people would fly from all over the country, and from Europe, just for it, like Portishead. In contrast, Kings of Leon are still together, and tour all over the country every year. But since Pulp was never big in America and the historic precedent set by people skipping Portishead's only set because they thought a full tour was coming, Pulp would definitely just have second-billing.

Kings of Leon would have second or third billing. I see them as probably playing before Neil Young or McCartney (assuming those rumors are true).

McFearless
01-24-2009, 11:34 PM
1. I doubt you've ever even heard Asobi Seksu.
2. Stop trying to change the subject.
3. I'm not delusional enough to call them a headliner.
4. Every single post I've made in this thread is regarding the simple FACT that Kings of Leon are not big enough in America to headline, not about how much I personally like or dislike their music. Learn to read.
5. They barely filled the Greek Theater recently...that's a subheadliner venue. Coachella headliners play arenas, stadiums, amphitheaters no matter how much you or me or anyone loves or loathes the band. Roger Waters? Multiple sold-out nights at the Hollywood Bowl. Hollywood Bowl? 18,000 capacity per night. Kings of Leon? One night at the Greek Theater. Greek Theater? 6,000 capacity. Numbers are completely objective. Until they, or anyone else, start selling out those large venues all over this country or become some reunion/rare performer that hates America, they're not headlining a 60k capacity festival. They have the right image and sound to make the NME crowd swoon, and they sold out the O2 arena, just like Prince and Zeppelin, which is why they can headline Glastonbury. Once they sell out Staples Center or the Hollywood Bowl and similar venues in flyover country, then they are a Coachella headliner, too.
6. For the record, Kings of Leon sound like one of those bland, boring Lynyrd Skynyrd derivative bands that plays at every county fair in the country.

1) N/A
2) N/A
3) You do realize I haven't once said they could headline.
4) I agree about this. But inserting how much YOU don't like them as further justification for them not headlining is redic. That is my point.
5) The Greek Theatre sold out. Barely filled? Is that the same? People were salping tickets over face value. Uh, you don't like them so its safe to assume you weren't there and thus wouldn't know that.
6) That is suck a bullshit typical thing to say from someone who has not listened to the band since 2004 or clearly has some prejudice against them.

To add: this whole argument is ridiculous. I respect the fact that people don't like them and I respect people's opinion about them not being able to headline. I do not however see the need to make these to opinion complementary to each other.

Boourns
01-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Barely filled means capacity or close to it, but not fast enough for a second show to be added.

And I've heard Kings of Leon...I force myself to listen to every band playing Coachella every year. And I heard their set in 2007. Well, that was because the soundbleed made it unavoidable.

McFearless
01-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Barely filled means capacity or close to it, but not fast enough for a second show to be added.

And I've heard Kings of Leon...I force myself to listen to every band playing Coachella every year. And I heard their set in 2007. Well, that was because the soundbleed made it unavoidable.

How many bands add a second night at the Greek because of quick ticket sales?

And you still compare them to a watered down lynard skynard? I trust your musical taste more than that. I am seriously calling that comparison as a simple cop out.

Smokenut
01-25-2009, 01:16 AM

but remember everyone in EUROPE LOVES TIESTO

so taste in music has nothing to do with, nor does talent

TIESTO & KoL?

WHO GIVES A FUCK

Knapptime
01-25-2009, 09:01 AM
i like how that isnt true, unless you are using online sarcasm.

I prefer my online sarcasm to seem as if I actually believe what I'm typing.

(Truthfully, I thought that I had read that somewhere, but was wrong about the back to back shows, I think they were considering it. They did reconfigure the stage however...)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2009, 09:10 AM
christ...if they are going to get a "small" headliner for Friday, why not make it someone that has the boards respect as well? I like KOL but they cannot headline Coachella...even if it is Friday night...hell not even Thursday night! (j/k). Here is a list of potential headliners if KOL is being considered
Beck
Sigure Ros
MBV
Thom Yorke performing The Eraser
blah blah blah!
Hell! Make the board happy and just have Sigur Ros and MBV as co headliners on Friday...

Dj Oso Fresh
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
KOL selling out 1 night at the Greek means nothing . . . The raconteurs sold out 2 night's at the greek. . . . and if you're not selling out an Arena in the US you're not Headline material for a US festival. . .

But if JJ headlined Friday last year . . . who can't sell out an arena no matter how many bro's live in Southern California . . . Any other disappointing thing can happen . . .

KungFuJay
01-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Iron Maiden can sell out Long Beach Arena any day of the week. They should headline. :)

I wish. I really do.

M Sparks
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Please people, can we get back on topic?

What's your favorite Powderfinger song?

KungFuJay
01-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I like the song "Powderfinger" by Neil Young. I hope he plays that on Sunday.

Boourns
01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
KOL selling out 1 night at the Greek means nothing . . . The raconteurs sold out 2 night's at the greek. . . . and if you're not selling out an Arena in the US you're not Headline material for a US festival. . .

But if JJ headlined Friday last year . . . who can't sell out an arena no matter how many bro's live in Southern California . . . Any other disappointing thing can happen . . .

17,000 people apparently showed up to see Jack Johnson at UCLA.

Dj Oso Fresh
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I stand corrected.

But KOL has yet to have more than 10,000 for a US crowd . . .

Even though they are blowing up pretty big.

I'd say subheadliner for sure.

Boourns
01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
No, you're wrong. Kings of Leon are just as big as Prince, Waters, Radiohead, RHCP, Rage, Tool, McCartney, etc. Actually, BIGGER.

Jman4321
01-25-2009, 12:53 PM

lol. I haven't heard the two newest albums. I always thought they sounded like Deliverance Strokes on the first two.

psycobetabuckdown
01-25-2009, 01:22 PM
They should book ICP at Coachella - 2 million juggalos from around the country would sell out Friday night for sure.

KungFuJay
01-25-2009, 01:44 PM
They should book ICP at Coachella - 2 million juggalos from around the country would sell out Friday night for sure.

Can you imagine? How many people would be wearing makeup?

Speaking of, here is a hilarious interview with Patrick Carney (of the Black Keys) where he makes fun of ICP. lulz

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49467-black-keys-carney-talks-attack-danger-mouse-icp

HandBanana
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
BTW, a friend of mine started a somewhat more localized FB Coachella group for California peeps before she knew about the main one.

So pal up if you wanna. Or dont.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44706702638&ref=ts

Boourns
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
ICP has their own festival. Around 5,000 juggalos attend every year.

HandBanana
01-25-2009, 01:52 PM
ICP RESPK NINJAZ

RIP ANNABELLE LOTUS DRANKN FAYGO IN HEVN

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5140/pimpbabydg1.gif

Jman4321
01-25-2009, 02:40 PM
ICP RESPK NINJAZ

RIP ANNABELLE LOTUS DRANKN FAYGO IN HEVN

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5140/pimpbabydg1.gif

The lit blunt in the baby's mouth is tacky, the "Sexy" with an arrow pointing towards the baby is absolutely disturbing.

psycobetabuckdown
01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
ICP has their own festival. Around 5,000 juggalos attend every year.

Yeah I know, my friends went in high school one summer. Trust me, the same 5,000 would also be at Coachella.

Note: plz no angry responses by people who don't know the context. Joke.

That pitchfork article with Carney is hilarious.