PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling that IF Sir Paul performs....

bron-y-aur stomp
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Recently Sir Paul made news on the bbc in november talking about his times with the beatles during the sgt. pepper days discussing how it was "obvious" lucy in the sky with diamonds was about LSD which i thought was dope

But what really caught my attention in the article is how he mentioned that Carnival of Light might be released sooner than we expect aka very soon

Carnival of Light is a 14 minute psychadelic song that was only performed once for a london music festival back in 67/68. It was never released nor leaked. Paul wanted to release it back in 96 when they were putting the anthology together but harrison and starr said they didn't think fans could handle it due to how pyshcadelic and vibrant it is!!

I have a feeling this song can change everything going on right now. It could be the gateway back into the late 60 psychadelic period! haha i know that might sound stupid

Anyways could Coachella be the place and time Paul decides to perform/release the song?

p.s. dont hate cause this is my 3rd post haha. just blurting out ideas to let the time go by until the line-up comes out

Sleepingrock
01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
LSD not LCD :P
LSD= trippy drug
LCD= TV

other than that... sounds cool =D

KungFuJay
01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I guess we were all making the same joke at his expense.

bron-y-aur stomp
01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
LSD not LCD :P
LSD= trippy drug
LCD= TV

other than that... sounds cool =D

haha edited

familyguy420
01-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Recently Sir Paul made news on the bbc in november talking about his times with the beatles during the sgt. pepper days discussing how it was "obvious" lucy in the sky with diamonds was about LSD which i thought was dope

But what really caught my attention in the article is how he mentioned that Carnival of Light might be released sooner than we expect aka very soon

Carnival of Light is a 14 minute psychadelic song that was only performed once for a london music festival back in 67/68. It was never released nor leaked. Paul wanted to release it back in 96 when they were putting the anthology together but harrison and starr said they didn't think fans could handle it due to how pyshcadelic and vibrant it is!!

I have a feeling this song can change everything going on right now. It could be the gateway back into the late 60 psychadelic period! haha i know that might sound stupid

Anyways could Coachella be the place and time Paul decides to perform/release the song?

p.s. dont hate cause this is my 3rd post haha. just blurting out ideas to let the time go by until the line-up comes out

Sounds plausible to me.

SFChrissy
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I had no idea's raving started back then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Of_Light

bron-y-aur stomp
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM

yeah but im assuming raves were nothing like what they are now

Ecstasy (present) - LSD, Weed, Shrooms (60's)
Techno (present) - Physcadelic Rock Music (60's)
Stupid Glow Sticks (present) - Love (60's)
Dancing like a fucking idiot (present) - Loving eachother and dancing like hippies (60's)

PotVsKtl
01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
I love physcadelic rock music.

PotVsKtl
01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
I mean pyshcadelic.

invisiblerobots
01-23-2009, 11:44 AM
pyshcadelic? Physcadelic? psychadelic?

bron-y-aur stomp
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I mean pyshcadelic.

mgmt is our next saviors to revamp the pyshcadelic scene

Sleepingrock
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
The word psychedelic is an English term coined from the Greek words for "soul," ψυχή (psyche), and "manifest," δήλος (delos). A psychedelic experience is characterized by the perception of aspects of one's mind previously unknown, or by the creative exuberance of the mind liberated from its ostensibly ordinary fetters. Psychedelic states are an array of experiences elicited by sensory deprivation as well as by psychedelic substances. Such experiences include hallucinations, changes of perception, synesthesia, altered states of awareness, mystical states, and occasionally states resembling psychosis.

The term was first coined as a noun in 1957 by psychiatrist Humphry Osmond as an alternative descriptor for hallucinogenic drugs in the context of psychedelic psychotherapy. Timothy Leary, who was largely responsible for the popularization of the term "psychedelic",[citation needed] was a well-known proponent of their use, as was Aldous Huxley. Both, however, advanced widely different opinions on the broad use of psychedelics by state and civil society. Leary promulgated the idea of such substances as a panacea, while Huxley suggested that only the cultural and intellectual elite should partake of entheogens systematically.

The use of psychedelic drugs became widespread in the modern West in the mid-1960s. One of the first uses of the word in the music scene of this time was in the 1964 recording of "Hesitation Blues" by the Holy Modal Rounders. The term was introduced to rock music and popularized by the 13th Floor Elevators 1966 album The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators.

Contents [hide]
1 Psychedelia
2 Modern usage
3 See also
4 External links
5 References

[edit] Psychedelia
The fashion for psychedelic drugs gave its name to the visual style of psychedelia, a term describing a category of rock music known as psychedelic rock, visual art, fashion, and culture that is associated originally with the high 1960s, hippies, and the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco, California. Psychedelia generally began in 1966, but truly took off in 1967 with the Summer of Love. Although associated with San Francisco, the style soon spread across the US, and worldwide.

The counterculture of the 1960s had a strong influence on the popular culture of the early 1970s, and is well recognized even by those who are na´ve to its psychedelic origins. It later became linked to a style of electronic dance music commonly known as psychedelic trance.

[edit] Modern usage
The impact of psychedelic drugs on western culture in the 1960s led to semantic drift in the use of the word "psychedelic", and it is now frequently applied to describe any brightly patterned or colored object. In objection to this new meaning, and to what some consider pejorative meanings of other synonyms such as "hallucinogen" and "psychotomimetic", the term "entheogen" was proposed and is seeing increasing use. However, many consider the term "entheogen" best reserved for religious and spiritual usage, such as certain Native American churches do with the peyote sacrament, and "psychedelic" left to describe those who are using these drugs for recreation, psychotherapy, physical healing, or creative problem solving. In science, hallucinogen remains the standard term.

At the same time as psychedelic drugs were being used by the counterculture of the 1960s, they were also being used in experiments by governments, who saw them and sensory deprivation as useful agents for mind control; see MKULTRA for the CIA involvement in the use of psychedelic drugs.

Sleepingrock
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Trust wikipedia!

tyler0js
01-23-2009, 12:22 PM

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC

but bron-y-aur stomp is my favorite Zeppelin song, thanks for reminding me to listen to it now..

amyzzz
01-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I approve of this post. My post, that is.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-23-2009, 12:38 PM

I always thought that ravers were kinda like new shcool hippies...

brycerosen
01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
paul is performing at EDC this year

T-REV
01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
He should open up with "Carnival of Light" and then go right into "Helter Skelter."

Foppie
01-23-2009, 04:41 PM

FAIL!

clumsy342
01-23-2009, 04:44 PM

wow..
No words..

brando4n82
01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
wishful thinking

RageAgainst
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
damn i really would love it for paul to release this song

DFrank
01-23-2009, 04:56 PM
That would definitely be an incentive to watch Paul (if he was going to play Carnival of Light) instead of heading over to the Sahara.

Robototron
01-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Dancing like a fucking idiot (present) - Loving eachother and dancing like hippies (60's)

:nono

shakermaker113
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM
don't flatter yourselves. I seriously doubt he would play it.

actually what I had in mind, if you want exclusives, was a Firemen peformance. (Fireman?)

NiceArthur32
01-23-2009, 05:46 PM

Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 05:54 PM

wow. ok. wow

Sleepingrock
01-23-2009, 06:00 PM
He should open up with "Carnival of Light" and then go right into "Helter Skelter."

Then maybe we can release some of the Manson family for a day eh? Then head over to a cave in Death Valley till dooms day!

shakermaker113
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM

LSD Weed and Shrooms are still very present. we have just gained Ecstasy.

say what you want about glow sticks but I like techno a lot more than psychedelic rock music.

Coachella Bound
01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
say what you want about glow sticks but I like techno a lot more than psychedelic rock music.

Well you just stay on your end of the field then buddy :P

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 06:12 PM
LSD Weed and Shrooms are still very present. we have just gained Ecstasy.

we really didnt gain it. the active ingredient in ecstasy has been around in one form or another for a century or more. Soldiers during wwI were given it to cope with shell shock as an experiment.

I just think his break down on the two generations is kinda naive.

the whole 60s love thing, come on. really? never trust a hippie, why? because he'll love you? no, because he'll steal from you.

Workingmenrises
01-24-2009, 02:23 AM

right on