PDA

View Full Version : Is this site legit?

beckbeckbeck
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival/

KooKoo Banana Funtime
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
yah... i got $100 in the mail yesterday

chairmenmeow47
01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
dear god, all the trance rumours are starting to scare me.

beckbeckbeck
01-23-2009, 10:51 AM
This was in the local Coachella Valley newspaper, that's why I asked. They don't always get the news right, but since we are the COACHELLA valley maybe someone local knows something already.

Failed State
01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
dear god, all the trance rumours are starting to scare me.
agreed i was looking through some of the names last night and there is a fucking ton of trance.

chairmenmeow47
01-23-2009, 10:55 AM
i just keep hearing the trance rumours and i know generally if there's a big headliner from one genre, the other smaller djs will mostly be the same genre.

now if the rumour was deep dish with a stage show like they had at edc in 07 that would be the shit, but other than that, i really don't want any trance in the sahara, i want something fun to dance to!

rkawar
01-23-2009, 10:59 AM
this is not legit, a lot of "confirmations" reflect nothing at all. For example, the killers show they have an opening date on april 18th. because of that they are confirmed?

franz ferdinand was confirmed by an article that website wrote. they don't back it up with anything else, and if you go on franz's website... nothing.

Edmontonian
01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Not Legit.
i tried clicking some of the artists they listed as confirmed and it took me to their "sources" which were almost All threads from this message board, people who typed in "emails" from artists saying they were definitely coming and people who claimed to have been told in person they were coming.
I'd say about 75% of that stuff is just bullshit, this board is filled with bullshit.

All That I Am
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
i'd say it's been about 80% right in the past.

All That I Am
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
one of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies

he always lies

dudezer47
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
All the Festival Outlook page on CoS does is round up internet rumors and gossip and places it in one central place. It's a great resource if you're scavenging for rumors, but that's all they are, rumors. Legit news sources quoting rumor mills and message boards is a sign legit journalism is coming to an end...

LongshotJoe
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Is this site legit?

http://penis-enhancement-secrets.com/

karecares
01-23-2009, 11:25 AM
but they are rather helpful in getting to know some of the potentials on the poster and if they are not i get exposed to something i might not have come across otherwise.

magmazing
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
this is not legit, a lot of "confirmations" reflect nothing at all. For example, the killers show they have an opening date on april 18th. because of that they are confirmed?

franz ferdinand was confirmed by an article that website wrote. they don't back it up with anything else, and if you go on franz's website... nothing.

Regarding the Killers. Not only is the date of April 18th wide open... the tour itself is promoted by Goldenvoice. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Also I don't think a website such as CoS would write an entire article to confirm a band (Franz Ferdinand) without knowing for sure. If the site's wrong they lose any once of credibility they've ever gained.

AlecEiffel
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
one of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies

he always lies

OMG DOES THAT MEAN BOWIE

jtovar21
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM

sorry to say, but the Killers were confirmed by their record label. Check here:

http://www.islandrecords.com/site/artist_tours.php?artist_id=547

If you click on the band names, they will link up to why said band is confirmed.

braundiggity
01-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I can't wait to see the lineup, if only to check exactly how many CoS got right.

faxman75
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
COS has been around for years. Is this thread for real? COS Is legit and I have clicked on more than half those headliners and don't see links to this board so your percentages are way off. That doesn't mean none are linked to this board.

COS doesn't make the stuff up. They get it from interviews, the band themselves and other places. Now there is a section called "rumors" which is just that so it's not fuckin' with you either.

COS is legit people. They aren't predicting, they simply organized what's out there.

beavington
01-23-2009, 01:32 PM
COS has been around for years. Is this thread for real? COS Is legit and I have clicked on more than half those headliners and don't see links to this board so your percentages are way off. That doesn't mean none are linked to this board.

COS doesn't make the stuff up. They get it from interviews, the band themselves and other places. Now there is a section called "rumors" which is just that so it's not fuckin' with you either.

COS is legit people. They aren't predicting, they simply organized what's out there.

watch out people will disagree with you on that one and really have to make their point over really nothing..

i just say its as legit as you want to believe it is, because nothing is legit until its acutally legit.

its kind of like how people talk about wikipedia.

slurpee
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
can't really dance to trance.....

Cpt. Funkaho
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
COS has been around for years. Is this thread for real?

I thought they got started just a little over a year ago. In fact, I seem to remember them saying so. They were on Blogspot for most of last year.

I'm not saying they don't know things, I'm just saying they haven't been around very long.

faxman75
01-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I thought they got started just a little over a year ago. In fact, I seem to remember them saying so. They were on Blogspot for most of last year.

I'm not saying they don't know things, I'm just saying they haven't been around very long.

God damn motherfucker you're right. I have seen the 1 year anniversary thing for a few months now too so years wasn't accurate and I dunno what I was thinking. Over a year is accurate though.

garrett222
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
can't really dance to trance.....

thank god

Stickjohn
01-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkawar View Post

sorry to say, but the Killers were confirmed by their record label. Check here:

http://www.islandrecords.com/site/ar...?artist_id=547

If you click on the band names, they will link up to why said band is confirmed.

Clicking on The Killers on CoS takes you to their MySpace site ...no mention of Coachella I could find. Same thing with the Island Records site. I agree with rkawar ...an open day in the area on a tour is not a confirmation. Even if the information was once published on a legit site and then pulled, that could mean any number of things. They'll probably be there though ...

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival/

too legit, too legit to quit! yeah yeahhhhh

woogie846
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, you can definitely trust Consequence of Sound. They may have a few things off, but overall, it's reliable.