PDA

View Full Version : This is how a pro rolls... take note Paul T.

BlackSwan
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Screw Facebook... This is how a pro rolls... take note Paul T. Glastonbury is in June by the way...

Michael Eavis gives more Glastonbury headline hints

http://static.nme.com/images/06713_150307_MichaelEavis_04.jpg
Festival chief gives clues about the nationality of the acts

Following his revelation that this year'sGlastonbury festival is set to have four headliners playing over three days, it has emerged that Michael Eavis has given clues to the nationalities of the headliners.

According to Inthemix.com.au the festival chief has said that two of the headline acts are from the USA, while the other two are British.

It is strongly rumoured that Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur will play headline slots at the bash.

If the rumours turned out to be true this would leave space for one more British act, according to Eavis' statement.

Other British bands rumoured to be playing at the festival include Franz Ferdinand, The Ting Tings, Kaiser Chiefs and Keane.

The 2009 festival takes place at Worthy Farm, Pilton on June 26, 27 and 28 this summer. See Glastonburyfestivals.co.uk for ticket details.

CalmerThanYou
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
paul t is a pro, and you should be titles BannedSwan for that.

paganman7
01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I got a Facebook message from him.

KarmaLateralus
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Same here.

At least he messages his fans.

haha fuck, we're all going crazy over this damn lineup

menikmati
Uh what's better.....some stupid dumb "hints" like my headliner is from the USA or is Britain....OR.....getting the lineup all at once after months and months of silence, and feeling like you just got kicked in the fucking face out of amazement?

I'll take the latter.

paganman7
Same here.

At least he messages his fans.

haha fuck, we're all going crazy over this damn lineup

I was joking...and you did not get a message from him.

Jesus Christ on acid, you people.

nationocean
http://rbis.sr.unh.edu/explorer/images/wait.gif

obzen
01-22-2009, 02:44 PM
"Do it,and let the English see you do it"

CaliMag
01-22-2009, 02:44 PM
LOL

Neil Young is CANADIAN!

paganman7
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Paul T is too busy finger blasting hott cougies to finish the lineup.

dethroned
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
he's a naturalized US citizen - Neil Young that is.

shotglass75
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM
It's not that funny.

Oh how I miss Worthy Farm. It's such an amazing place. There really is no other place like it on earth. Even with the rain, the cold, the mud, it still is #1

neverclever
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3491/3218040265_5fbf769efe.jpg

obzen
finger blasting hott cougies
lolz-who said that?

patsfan5454
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
getting the lineup all at once after months and months of silence, and feeling like you just got kicked in the fucking face out of amazement?

i'll take that face kick right now please

n3glect
Eavis is only doing the "hinting" crap because tickets haven't sold out.

At least T gives us the lineup before making us shill for our ducats (presales excepted).

Apples and oranges, I say.

faxman75
Uh what's better.....some stupid dumb "hints" like my headliner is from the USA or is Britain....OR.....getting the lineup all at once after months and months of silence, and feeling like you just got kicked in the fucking face out of amazement?

I'll take the latter.

Continent hints are kinda lame but the Roo hints have been interesting. I'm gonna have to go ahead and say hints are fun and get people more excited.

inutil
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I remember when I saw paul t waling in the plo grounds did not say a thing to him, but I almost wet my pants..

shotglass75
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Eavis is only doing the "hinting" crap because tickets haven't sold out.

is this what he told you?!?!?! OMG!!!! That's so amazing that you and Eavis talk to each other and he tells you the reasons of why he does these things.

CaliMag
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
he's a naturalized US citizen - Neil Young that is.

No, he's not.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1110988,00.html

Last question in the interview.

CalmerThanYou
and for those of you who still think we're from england

we're not, no.

BlackSwan
The article that article links too include this tidbit...

Glastonbury almost sold out

In a remarkable reversal of fortunes, Glastonbury organisers are claiming the 137,500 tickets to the 2009 festival are 90% sold. All this without any line-up announcement. “We’ve got four headliners at the moment,” head honcho Michael Eavis told the Miden Conference in Cannes. “If they all confirm, then I’ve got two headliners for Saturday.”

He also added that two of the headliners are from the UK, while the other two hail from the USA. The strongest rumours point towards Blur, Kaiser Chiefs, Bruce Springsteen and the man wowing Australia right now, Neil Young. Glastonbury 2008 was the first year in the event’s history to not sell out in advance, but Eavis’s promise to return to more “traditional” top-tier acts in ’09 seems to have worked. Never mind the economic downturn, just don’t book Jay-Z.

Failed State
Paul T is too busy finger blasting hott cougies to finish the lineup.

I hear that bro!!! Enough with the ban talk.

quicksand
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM

I'll take the latter.

Yeah well that's assuming that the lineup is amazing. At least this dude is hyping the festival early, and getting fans excited 5 months before the festival happens. We have less than 3 months until Coachella and we still don't really know who's playing. Yeah there's speculation all over the internet, but we haven't heard an official word from Goldenvoice since the dates were confirmed. If Paul T had done something like this, hinting at the headliners in November, we would all be so psyched.

KarmaLateralus
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I was joking...and you did not get a message from him.

Jesus Christ on acid, you people.

then who messaged me?
who has been messaging all of these people?

CaliMag
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Now I sound all Canadian... :P

I am not BTW... not that there is anything wrong with being Canadian... some of my best friends...

shotglass75
01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Does anyone on these boards believe me when I say that the lineup is secondary to the entire festival and that it is the entire experience that makes it the most amazing festival on earth?

paganman7
01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
then who messaged me?
who has been messaging all of these people?

You make me laugh homie.

God is make believe.
Santa cannot fit his fat ass down any chimney.
Paul Tollett is not sending anyone Facebook messages.

quicksand
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Continent hints are kinda lame but the Roo hints have been interesting.

Any sort of hint would be nice. Or maybe a fucking lineup already?

quicksand
01-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Or at least let me buy my god damn tickets.

orbit
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
i agree with menik here. the lineup all at once after months of silence is an amazing thing.

and i'm so glad coachella doesn't give stupid hints as bonnaroo.

KarmaLateralus
You make me laugh homie.

God is make believe.

I really honestly don't care if you believe me or anyone else.

So, have fun being a giant douche!

BlackSwan
Everyone who has a problem with ever questioning the moves of Paul T and Goldenvoice are sheep. You're like the friend who can't say when you're being a dick or screwing up... you're not really that good of a friend.

matsuolost
You make me laugh homie.

God is make believe.

you are a dumbass
havent you seen his friends list?
and pf confirmed this twice

jelaous because he didnt message you much?

quicksand
01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Even if the lineup is amazing (which I'm expecting it to be), I still think it's overdue. And I think it's ridiculous that tickets don't go on sale until less than 3 months before the festival.

BlackSwan
01-22-2009, 03:04 PM
i agree with menik here. the lineup all at once after months of silence is an amazing thing.

and i'm so glad coachella doesn't give stupid hints as bonnaroo.

You have a weird definition of amazing.

quicksand
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
amazing is an understatement. wait til the week of Coachella to announce the lineup. now that would just be euphoric.

canexplain
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Everyone who has a problem with ever questioning the moves of Paul T and Goldenvoice are sheep. You're like the friend who can't say when you're being a dick or screwing up... you're not really that good of a friend.

i read this recently:

"A Friend Is Someone Who Will Bail You out of Jail, but Your Best Friend Is the One Sitting next to you Saying 'That Was Fucking Awesome!' "

quicksand
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
PFFFT. Some friend.

quicksand
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
bump so paul sees this

ShyGuy75
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
for the record, 2008 Glastonbury did sell out

BlackSwan
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
for the record, 2008 Glastonbury did sell out

Look who is editing their posts now ShyGuy.

ShyGuy75
01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
busted me. i put an extra 0 in 2008.

not as cool as you deleting and editing like a madman b/c you suck the balls of everything GV and are afraid of backlash, but close

; ) !!!///

fakeblood
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Can anyone come up with all Canadian Headliners? I think its time.

Friday: Bryan Adams
Saturday: Celine Dion
Sunday: Neil Young

BlackSwan
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Based on what I now know about the line up, I stand by my thread.

And ShyGuy, not that you're really worth addressing, but I'm not afraid of backlash. I said I didn't read the thread, but that you had a point in the first post in the post that I edited. After reading the rest of the thread your point deteriorates into your usual douchey retardation. Therefore I made my own thread with my own point. It's better than yours.

shotglass75
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Can anyone come up with all Canadian Headliners? I think its time.

Friday: Bryan Adams
Saturday: Celine Dion
Sunday: Neil Young

Why wouldn't you say Rush for Saturday? Scary

drewoftherushes
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
here's what i want to know...

coachella is much closer than glastonbury, but glastonbury knows all four of its headliners already, and it seems like coachella doesn't know. if they knew, they wouldn't hesitate putting out the lineup.

so who is coachella still vying for that's delaying them? that's the question. and i know you're all going to give me the same answers.

it's kind of good, because the killers or neil young wouldn't take long to sign on -- so it must be someone goldenvoice is trying to convince, or something.

pavement waiting for the right price?

BlackSwan
01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Michael Eavis/Glastonbury was also smart enough to book Elbow last year... will you make up for it and book them for this year Paul?

ILxlVqf2fYU

ShyGuy75
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
sure i'm not, and that is why you addressed me.

p.s. i was at glasto last year and boo'd the fck out of Elbow. FACE!!!

/////

BlackSwan
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
sure i'm not, and that is why you addressed me.

p.s. i was at glasto last year and boo'd the fck out of Elbow. FACE!!!

/////

It actually wasn't, but you are too ignorant to realize why I did.