01-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Who's going?

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Hopefully me. When be's it again?

Also, wanna give me tickets? Thanks.

humanoid
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
My friend supposedly has a ticket for me, and I really want to be there, so hopefully he follows through

psychic friend
01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I have a pair of tickets to give to my favorite message board community.

First one to tell me about why they love the current album out and what their favorite song of theirs is and why they haven't already bought tickets to the show will win. Please post below.

Show is This saturday at the fonda.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

slurpee
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
The new album is a bit differnt, but I love it.

I havent bought tickets because of the economy.

Favorite track - You Want The Candy

psychic friend
01-22-2009, 11:26 AM
kind of REALLY boring response but first none the less. Please PM me your first/last name.

thanks for playing slurpee

slurpee
01-22-2009, 11:31 AM
kind of REALLY boring response but first none the less. Please PM me your first/last name.

thanks for playing slurpee

Sorry, but I was kind of joking around.

I simply looked on wiki pedia....and I live in Chicago.

The tickets wont do me any good ;/

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
WHAT A CROCK.

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
... smacks of effort.

JorgeC
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
i'd be all over this if I wasn't already hitting AC at the Troubadour.

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
If no one fulfills your requirements in the next 18 minutes the tickets are mine.

/contest

eudaemonia
01-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Lust is my fave song, ever since I first heard it in Detour 2007. I didn't buy tix 'cuz I was expecting to spend Ticketmaster gift card on Coachella sometime soon. Gimme plz.

Edit:

...why they love the current album out...it's the one that hooked me in to listening to them in the first place. *shrugs* (blame Detour '07) i haven't listened to their old stuff, but i sampled "Pretty In Black" and wasn't really feeling it. Lust Lust Lust's catchier overall.

psychic friend
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
no.. if someone wants them the requirements are the same.

Slurpee. I kind of get the desire to try and be funny.. but u FAIL on that attempt.

psychic friend
01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
ok eudaemonia PM me YOUR first / last name.

dont tell me you live in chicago.

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Ooo, you're getting SUCH a cold shoulder in bed tonight, Dani.

eudaemonia
01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm an Angeleno. :D

BeHereNOW
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
awesome band

http://abstractboy.org.uk/theraveonettes9/raveonettes8.jpg

slurpee
01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
no.. if someone wants them the requirements are the same.

Slurpee. I kind of get the desire to try and be funny.. but u FAIL on that attempt.

/me feels the embarrassment.

Where is the lineup?

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Lust is my fave song, ever since I first heard it in Detour 2007. I didn't buy tix 'cuz I was expecting to spend Ticketmaster gift card on Coachella sometime soon. Gimme plz.

I have a pair of tickets to give to my favorite message board community.

First one to tell me about why they love the current album out and what their favorite song of theirs is and why they haven't already bought tickets to the show will win. Please post below.

Show is This saturday at the fonda.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I would like to point out that this person did NOT comply with the first condition of your terms and therefore this contest is a sham and you are a bullshit artist.

eudaemonia
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I would like to point out that this person did NOT comply with the first condition of your terms and therefore this contest is a sham and you are a bullshit artist.

There you go ^. I respond. :winkiss

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I dispute that Lust Lust Lust is in fact not the current album (although their best).

SHAM.

eudaemonia
01-22-2009, 02:31 PM
what, you mean their Xmas EP? i don't do Xmas albums... =/

JorgeC
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
according to Wiki, Lust Lust Lust is the latest album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raveonettes

YOU'RE the sham...

i think the new one is out soon though, not sure if i'm mixing them up with The Kills...

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
They had another EP in 2008.

gaypalmsprings
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I hear the lineup will be announced at the Raisinettes concert.

CalmerThanYou
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
why didnt you even try randy?

RotationSlimWang
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Because I have principles, Bromance.

eudaemonia
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
according to Wiki, Lust Lust Lust is the latest album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raveonettes

YOU'RE the sham...

i think the new one is out soon though, not sure if i'm mixing them up with The Kills...

they said they're about to start working on their new one. this music box show is supposedly their last show until the next one.... which doesn't really make sense for SXSW to have them listed this year, since it makes it sound like they have a new one to pimp by then.

donkey sex
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Think I was one of the first ones in America to ever see em*. Just sayin. (Pats self on back and looks for a mirror to kiss oneself in)

Downloaded the 'Beauty Dies' EP off eMusic a few weeks ago and really like it. Got any more tix? J/k, I'm on the wagon and prefer to drink at shows.

*At Little Stevens Underground Festival. What a lineup that twas! http://www.punknews.org/article/9830

NicoDread
01-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I'm going to this... kinda wish I could've won tickets before I bought them (seriously, why the fuck do they charge a distance fee?)

JorgeC
01-23-2009, 07:47 AM
i've paid a "distance fee" when I bought tix at an LA ticketmaster for a San Diego show (BRMC @ Brick by Brick IIRC)...when it's a faraway show, better to buy online unless you can get someone to buy at the box office with no fees.

donkey sex
01-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Amazing! I was at this show as well. I had seen them in late 2003 at El Rey, and they were great in both settings.

Nice...Lil Steven's was such a fun time. People were booing The Strokes cus they were on before The Stooges (Julian said "I know, I know. We want to see Iggy too"). Think it was the NY Dolls first comeback gig since the Seventies (a bit rusty but still awesome). The Boss playing a song with The Chesterfield Kings thus reminding us that it really is about the music (I doubt Bruce was paid an appearance fee). Dave from Hoodoo Gurus guesting with a band on 'Like Wow (Wipeout)'. Nancy Sinatra doing 'Boots' with a massive stage production and choreographed dancers. Bo Diddley sitting there with his guitar. Liked Mooney Suzuki too...although the singer is butt ugly.

Like how it was forecasted to rain that day with a massive incoming storm and it began raining immediately following the closing band (Stooges). I remember the huge lines and the port-a-poties at the end, going to the back of them, and urinating with women (squatting and smiling in relief) and men together. A communal grass bathroom.

Went to a Broadway show ('Sly Fox' with Richard Dreyfus, Eric Scholtz, Bronson Pinchot), Pizza in Lil Italy, Soho, accidently going to Staton Island instead of Ellis, etc. Flew from Socal out there for four days and it was one the best trips. Ok, I'll stop now.

captncrzy
01-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Damn I haven't seen the Raveonettes since they opened for Depeche.

donkey sex
01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Strange. Strange that we both there and strange that we both remember the group bathroom session. That patch of grass didn't know what hit em! Have fun at the show.