PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

indietron
01-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Dates for 2009 have been confirmed for August 7-9.

Please discuss all rumors, details, past experiences, etc here.

So far (according to the lolla message board) the only semi-confirmed acts are Kaiser Chiefs and Ezra Furman & the Harpoons.

JSam67
01-22-2009, 01:44 AM
I think it will have the best lineup of the year...again. Can't wait, always a good time. Headliner predictions: White Stripes, Outkast, Jane's Addiction

I like that it's a week later this year. I wonder what that means for APW...

EDIT: Aftershow schedules:

Josh (JSam67) - Fri: Arctic Monkeys

Tommy (TommyboyUNM) - Fri: TV on the Radio (pending tix)
Sat: STS9

Lilia (unknown) - Fri: Arctic Monkeys

Salah (sbessiso) - Fri: Arctic Monkeys

Heidi (chiapet) - Fri: Crookers/Simian Mobile Disco/Bloody Beetroots

Jen (captncrzy) - Fri: Arctic Monkeys

Kyle (IdiotequeThom) - Fri: Band of Horses
Sun: Deerhunter/No Age/Dan Deacon

Ryan (kingsblend420) - Fri: Crookers/SMD/Beetroots

Caleb (Cdubby) - Sat: Dan Auerbach/Cage the Elephant

woogie846
01-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Jane's Addiction obviously

garrett222
01-22-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm going to lolla....to pitchfork as well.

Whats the best hotel for Lolla?

faxman75
01-22-2009, 07:25 AM
I was planning on going but i'm starting to have second thoughts. They had a great lineup and all last year but honestly, the fest itself doesn't compare to coachella or even a sasquatch for that matter. There is no reason I should be standing near the sound board and struggling to hear the band which is what happened during MGMT. I was a bit further back for NIN but that shit wasn't loud at all and the audience chatter drove me crazy all weekend. Every fucking band had some guy or girl who thought they were at a bar getting drunk talking to their friends about the latest happenings in their life. If I happen to visit Chicago that week I may take in a day but i'm not going to all three. The Wilco/Rage conflict also sucked ass.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm going to lolla....to pitchfork as well.

Whats the best hotel for Lolla?

Best? What kind of accomidations are you looking for? cheapest would be a hostel. HI hostel I think is very very close to the fest and right off Michigan Ave. It books up but you won't find a better deal. I think they have both private and shared rooms. I think $34 a night. there are loads of hotels in the city but that's the minimalist way to go.

Jon Blazed
01-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Best? What kind of accomidations are you looking for? cheapest would be a hostel. HI hostel I think is very very close to the fest and right off Michigan Ave. It books up but you won't find a better deal. I think they have both private and shared rooms. I think $34 a night. there are loads of hotels in the city but that's the minimalist way to go.

I want a CHEAP a hotel with a KILLER BUFFET...what else, faxy?

sin213
01-22-2009, 07:31 AM
i'm with you fax. i was pissed at the way the crowds acted at lolla last year. all the chatter during bands, rude ass people pushing you out the way to get thru rather than asking you to move nicely, tons of drunk people (way more than coachella). the lineup will have to be MASSIVE for me to go to lolla again.

in other lolla news....i read somewhere (i think spin) that lolla was close to closing a deal that would put it in Grant Park until 2018 or something ridiculous like that.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I want a CHEAP a hotel with a KILLER BUFFET...what else, faxy?

I gave you cheap. If it has to be a hotel and not a hostel then try Hotel Congress which is probably really close to the hostel I suggested. Good luck on finding buffet's this isn't Vegas.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 07:41 AM
i'm with you fax. i was pissed at the way the crowds acted at lolla last year. all the chatter during bands, rude ass people pushing you out the way to get thru rather than asking you to move nicely, tons of drunk people (way more than coachella). the lineup will have to be MASSIVE for me to go to lolla again.

in other lolla news....i read somewhere (i think spin) that lolla was close to closing a deal that would put it in Grant Park until 2018 or something ridiculous like that.

That said Chicago is enjoyed best with a small group of friends going to museums, live music venues, bars and restaurants. There really is so much to see in that city. I lived there for 25 years and I love going back to be a tourist there. I really miss the Chicago culture compared to Phoenix.

Jon Blazed
01-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I gave you cheap. If it has to be a hotel and not a hostel then try Hotel Congress which is probably really close to the hostel I suggested. Good luck on finding buffet's this isn't Vegas.

It's a joke. A FUCKIN JOKE!

shotglass75
01-22-2009, 07:51 AM
True, there isn't as much as a festival vibe at Lolla as there is at say Coachella or Roo. this is probably because it's right there in the cit and it ends at 10. But it's still an amazing time if you hang with the right people, and see the right bands. For the price, you couldn't beat the amazing bands last year. I had not one problem with anyone talking too loud or acting any different than at any other fest. I did hear about MGMT soundbleed from Booka Shade but that was pretty much the only complaint I heard

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Attended in 2006, stayed at the Whitehall, it's okay.

Attended in 2007, stayed at Hotel Allegro, way better and free beer and wine happy hour, free wifi, closer to Grant Park, and cheaper than the Whitehall.

If you want a hotel room, you're looking at minimum $150/night at a low end place.

Alchemy
01-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I went to Lolla once when it was a tour. QOTSA, The Distillers, Audioslave, Jurassic 5, Incubus, and Jane's Addiction played. I think, unless there's an amazing line-up, I'd only want to go to Lolla if it was a tour again; but even then, it had a weird vibe.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I found the lolla board last year was very helpful in locating hotels for people. If anyone found a special they would post it and many would take advantage of it.

I stayed at the Westin last year which was a short walk through Millenium park to the festival for 99 a night. I know others stayed at places that were less expensive though.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
True, there isn't as much as a festival vibe at Lolla as there is at say Coachella or Roo. this is probably because it's right there in the cit and it ends at 10. But it's still an amazing time if you hang with the right people, and see the right bands. For the price, you couldn't beat the amazing bands last year. I had not one problem with anyone talking too loud or acting any different than at any other fest. I did hear about MGMT soundbleed from Booka Shade but that was pretty much the only complaint I heard

If you couldn't tell the difference in crowd behavior between Coachella and Lollapalooza you are doing it wrong. You could hear a pin drop when Portishead played at Coachella. At Lolla, that wouldn't have happened. You are right, for the price and the acts they get, it's a good deal. I never have a problem with the music volume at Coachella. I also like the wide open space at Coachella. At lolla when you leave the 2 main stages there is terrible bottle necking that goes on and makes running to the next stage to catch an act difficult and time consuming.

It's a city fest though, I understand that, just not on the same level as Coachella.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 08:27 AM
In 2007 I was able to pick up 2 presale tickets before they release the lineup for $60 each, for 3 days! Jump on that if you can, it usually happens in March. Scope the Lolla board for information.

pancakespancakes
01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I think I'll be going this year, just-to-say-I-did-it sort of thing, but of course it's still lineup (and schedule) pending. I found last year's lineup to probably be the best lineup of any North American festival (after Bonnaroo for me personally), and I was planning on going... but God, did that Battles/Broken Social Scene conflict ever kill me. That's not to mention even the Wilco/Rage conflict. Distressing stuff. Needless to say I was out at that point, and I don't regret it, because I just can't handle conflicts like that between my favorite bands.

So this year, I'll still be holding out for a manageable schedule... but again, I predict one of the better lineup of the North American fests, but probably lots of nasty conflicts once they release the schedule. But I hear so many things about it and it's just so famous, I feel the need to go just to say I did.

indietron
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Im really considering going this year, but only if the lineup is stellar. Its either Lolla or Sasquatch. Sasquatch has the advantage of an incredible venue though, which will make it hard to choose.

slurpee
01-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I will be having my second annual Lolla roof top party.

30th floor on lake shore drive.

Some board people went last year and can vouch for me ;/

Last year we had about 40 people....this year I want more people and my friends spinning records.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Im really considering going this year, but only if the lineup is stellar. Its either Lolla or Sasquatch. Sasquatch has the advantage of an incredible venue though, which will make it hard to choose.

That venue is the coolest I have ever been to in my life. I couldn't stop taking pictures of The Gorge.

indietron
01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah thats what attracts me to Sasquatch so much. Even if the lineup doesn't quite compare to Lolla's, it would still be a tough decision for that reason alone.

pancakespancakes
01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I reeeeally really really want to go to Sasquatch too, but the timing is just horrible wedged in between Coachella and Bonnaroo like that. If it was in August or September, or even July, I'd be all in. So that's makes Lolla much more doable.

garrett222
01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
isn't there a best western right across the street from the festival? How is it?

apostle2
01-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel two years in a row, it's the closest Hotel to the entrance of the Fest, literally a 5 minute walk. The hotel was cheap and bad...haha. Not clean, broken toilet, no service on anything. The second year our room didn't even have a fucking number on the door. that said, I would do it again because it is closer than the hostel

Tylerdurden31
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
isn't there a best western right across the street from the festival? How is it?

I stayed there...it was pretty good. Didn't have any problems plus it's right next to this place Yolk, which has just about the best breakfast I've ever had.

slurpee
01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Lollapalooza totally wouldn't work in the winter.

We have been in an arctic freeze for a few weeks. Got down to -20 F for a few days...

Today it is 32F, sunny, and it feels soooo good!

higgybaby23
01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
When speaking of Lolla vs. Coach, there are only a few major differences that I observed.

IMO Lolla's ticket price and scheduling are superior to Coach. Other than that, I prefer Coach for location, lineup and overall vibe. Prior comments on the excess of drunks at Lolla are accurate, but there is more overall partying going on at Coach. There are also no beer gardens at Lolla(which could be a plus or a minus), which means drinking goes on everywhere within the festival grounds.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
If you're going to go to Lolla, make sure you get to Grant Park Thurs and grab your 3 day wristband before the start of the festival. On Friday you'll see a bunch of people standing in line waiting and you'll be able to breeze right in. But usually it's only the first day that there's a line.

Bosco
01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I know this is personal preference, but, I really wish Lollapalooza would move to a little bit more rural place in the Chicago area. I like Grant park, just not when lollapalooza is there... (I know, I know, festival in the city is what makes it unique)

Oh yeah, and adding more musical diversity wouldn't hurt either...

For newbies to the this festival its not bad, but its no Coachella. There is some nice comforts Lollapalooza offers that Coachella doesn't, but it still doesn't add up to the premium level of experience you'll get at Coachella.

boarderwoozel3
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Lolla would be well served adding more big DJ acts. That would be well received too; Booka Shade killed it last year and the crowd was going nuts even though it was obvious that most people hadn't heard them before.

As for accommodations, if you're trying to lowball it I stayed a solid hostel three blocks away from Grant Park http://www.hichicago.org/ Clean, your stuff is secure, three blocks from the festival entrance, free continental breakfast buffet, air conditioned and super close to train transfer stations for easy (and cheap) transportation to after shows and the airport. And four nights cost me about $145, hard to beat. Not to mention 90% of the people staying there that weekend are going to Lolla too so the vibe is cool. If I go to Lolla again this is where I'll be staying for sure.

karma_guy
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
i went last year
and it was pretty awesome
but it definitely felt like there was just too many goddam people
like it felt like there shoulda only been 60,000 people rather than 75,000

apostle2
01-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I would go again if the lineup was outstanding, but pretty much all the other factors are beaten badly by both Coachella and Bonnaroo.

sbessiso
01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I've never been to Lolla, or any city fest really. If the lineup is good enough, I may go. I was gunna go last year but I had to divert money to the Travel for Beck funds instead

HEADSTRUCK
01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I went in 06 and it was great.....one of the best weekend of my life. I would love to go again but prob not this year.

johnnypolite
01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I've been 2006, 2007, 2008 and I won't be going back this year. It's not that fun watching bands play in parking lots. The best part of Lolla are the after shows.

fiopadp7791
01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Lolla would be well served adding more big DJ acts. That would be well received too; Booka Shade killed it last year and the crowd was going nuts even though it was obvious that most people hadn't heard them before.

As for accommodations, if you're trying to lowball it I stayed a solid hostel three blocks away from Grant Park http://www.hichicago.org/ Clean, your stuff is secure, three blocks from the festival entrance, free continental breakfast buffet, air conditioned and super close to train transfer stations for easy (and cheap) transportation to after shows and the airport. And four nights cost me about $145, hard to beat. Not to mention 90% of the people staying there that weekend are going to Lolla too so the vibe is cool. If I go to Lolla again this is where I'll be staying for sure.

They did kill it... but that was kinda the only electronic act... unless you wanna count Perry's stage with all the no-name djs... none which seemed too entertaining.

Overall I had a pretty good time, but yeah the vibe isn't quite as good as Coach. I still had a lot of fun though. You can't camp, but I got a nice rate at Swissotel (because I booked before Memorail Day for an August fest lol), and that place was SWANK! It was a reasonable walk from Grant Park.

But Radiohead, Rage, Kanye, NIN> JJ,Waters,Prince,Waters as far as headliners go. All acts obscure or otherwise included, Coach was the overall better fest.

superfiction
01-23-2009, 12:08 AM
grant park suxxxxxx. worst venue ever. way overcrowded. stages are too far apart. and yeah. its just sucks. the only thing that could get me out there again is outkast. but if anything id say they do coach

boarderwoozel3
01-23-2009, 12:34 AM
It was pretty clusterfuckish from about 5pm on. The would-be manageable walk from the two main stages became akin to a cattle movement. The top of the lineup was unbelievable though. For Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails to give performances like they did at the same festival was top notch.

I really liked walking away form grounds on the third night in the midst of rolling cheers through the city streets for a good hour because everyone was so excited about the whole weekend. Very cool.

I'll wait to see the lineup but with Jane's sure to take a spot I don't know where they can go for two massive headliners. They've already played the Daft Punk and Radiohead cards...

garrett222
02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
i booked my hotel..the hilton which is about a block from the congress. hopefully not a far walk. When will the lineup come out?

How about info on pitchfork festival?

slurpee
02-02-2009, 09:15 AM
i booked my hotel..the hilton which is about a block from the congress. hopefully not a far walk. When will the lineup come out?

How about info on pitchfork festival?

The Hilton is pretty close.

Pitchfork is NOT on the level of lolla or Coachella.

Pitchfork is held on 3 baseball fields that back up to each another. It is a good time, but I wouldn't travel too far for it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
wow...those are the same dates as APW last year...I wonder when APW will happen?

garrett222
02-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Pitchfork is held on 3 baseball fields that back up to each another. It is a good time, but I wouldn't travel too far for it.

well chicago is a 1 hr flight for me..so I figured it might be doable, depending on hotel costs...Is it worth a 1 hr flight?

slurpee
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
well chicago is a 1 hr flight for me..so I figured it might be doable, depending on hotel costs...Is it worth a 1 hr flight?

I have honestly never thought Pitchfork was all that great.

Seeing Sonic Youth play Day Dream Nation in it's entire was sweet......

But the sound isn't that great as is it in a residential neighborhood. There aren't any hotels in the area. I have never gone all 3 days. Usually just check out the handful of bands I want to see.

I think of it as a bonus to living in Chicago.....just one of the MANY concerts I easily get to attend.

Adding up flight, hotel, transportation...It would seem better to attend a real weekend festival.

garrett222
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
well i'm definitely going to Lolla. No bonnaroo for me. Unfortunately I can't make coachella. Is pemberton happening? otherwise it doesn't seem like any other festivals are around that would be as cheap as pitchfork.

paulb
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Pemberton was cancelled....

paulb
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
and I highly doubt Lollapalooza could get anything close to the best festival headliners of 2008 again.

brando4n82
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I Headliner predictions: Outkast

in your dreams

garrett222
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
i'm not going to Lolla b/c its the best, just that its on a better weekend work-wise and it will have a solid list of coachella-esque bands. I'd much rather be at coachella, but i'll take what I can get.

Lolla headliner prediction:

Friday: REM
Saturday: Jay Z
Sunday: Janes Addiction

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
go to APW then Garrett..

garrett222
02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
go to APW then Garrett..

not a bad idea. maybe they'll get some good acts.

garrett222
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Beastie Boys
Janes Addiction
Coldplay or The White Stripes

paulb
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
arent there rumors of it being, Beastie Boys, Tool, Depeche Mode, Janes and Killers? if so.....that would be a great follow up from 2008....too good to be true though.

boarderwoozel3
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
The Beasties and Tool would have me working really hard to get back out to Chicago. That's for sure. And Jay-Z would be a perfect fit for that crowd seeing as they tend to be more mainstream. I'll be stunned if Jane's isn't there.

pancakespancakes
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
arent there rumors of it being, Beastie Boys, Tool, Depeche Mode, Janes and Killers? if so.....that would be a great follow up from 2008....too good to be true though.

Too good to be true? Seems a bit weak in my opinion... but I don't know what the general opinion would be.

I really doubt Tool's there... but I'm betting on The White Stripes. Beasties seem likely as well. And Jane's out to be a lock.

suprefan
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Beastie Boys
Janes Addiction
Coldplay or The White Stripes

Coldplay is out, tour dates kill that idea.

Fri 08/07/09 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sun 08/09/09 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre @ State Fairgrds.

They can make that work right?

Count The Killers in and Kings of Leon as a subheadliner one of the days.

Mr. Dylanja
02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Tool wont be there.

sbessiso
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
oohhhh the killers and the white stripes??? SalahPalooza

Boourns
02-13-2009, 06:45 AM

I would have last year for Jarvis Cocker, but plane tickets were way too much.

garrett222
02-16-2009, 06:05 AM
LOLLA - The lineup will rule all.

Janes
White Stripes
Jay-Z
Oasis
Weezer

wooooo hooooo

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:12 AM
ugh....to weezer...just ugh...

garrett222
02-16-2009, 06:24 AM
I know they have horrible reviews..but until i see them for myself, I'm convinced it will be a fun time.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:30 AM
this is the only guy that can make Weezer fun...

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1005/1005_towelie_typing_memoirs.jpg

slurpee
02-16-2009, 06:44 AM
One thing I never understood about Lollapalooza....

Why is not Chicago house featured? They should have a side stage area with local Chicago DJs. It would be a great affordable way to add electronic music and showcase local talent.

In a similar thought of mind.....I wonder why none of the Chicago rave promoters try to cater to the event? Lolla ends at 10 pm. Why not throw a big ass loft party which starts at 10 downtown. Go to Lolla all day promoting it and passing out flyers.

garrett222
02-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Great thought...

What do people do after Lolla ends? Are there a lot of clubs that go late nearby? Late night Chicago Style Pizza?

What do you do after Lolla ends each night?

slurpee
02-16-2009, 07:32 AM
There are usually tons of shows at concert venues around the city, but that stuff gets expensive. Tickets to a second and third concert after you already paid for lolla?

Lots of people stay at the hotels in the area for lolla. So the hotels are usually packed with people partying.

Seeing as I live very close to Grant Park....I usually go to a friends house or throw a party on my rooftop.

Chicago style pizza is deep dish and usually takes longer to cook. You don't really see late night Chicago style pizza places. By the way...Lou Malnati's is the best pizza in the world :)

garrett222
02-16-2009, 07:34 AM
These shows you speak of. Are they late night (After 10pm?) and are they far away from Grant Park? Is there a bar scene that goes pretty late, and is it near Grant Park?

Is Lou Malnati's deep dish? is it near grant park?

bmack86
02-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Go to the Hideout afterwards. I'm sure they'll have something good and it's a great place to see a concert.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
These shows you speak of. Are they late night (After 10pm?) and are they far away from Grant Park? Is there a bar scene that goes pretty late, and is it near Grant Park?

Lou Malnati's is incredible. When I visit my friends in Chicago that's the first meal we have.

karma_guy
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM
they have official after shows
but you have to pay for em
most were between 20$ and 30$
but also most are 18+

slurpee
02-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Chicago is a very big city. Friday night bars close at 2 am. Some bars stay open till 4 am on Fridays, but it is very limited. Usually a lot of douche bags at these places. Saturday bars are open till 4 am and even some till 5 am.

There are various concert venues throughout the city which will be having "lolla after parties". The Metro, Reggies, Double Door, Riveria, Schubas, are just a few venues which pop into my head which have had lolla after concerts.

There are tons of clubs in Chicago is you want to go see electronic music. Beware...some of these clubs can be VERY expensive and douchey. Crobar, Vision, Soundbar, Sonotheque, Smart Bar, just to name a few of the more popular clubs which bring in international talent. (there are WAY to many clubs to list)

slurpee
02-16-2009, 12:04 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6ViJQ8MWALY/RubmJcyd_JI/AAAAAAAABrw/ooACRowFwfI/s400/loumalnatis_cut.jpg

I believe these 2 are the closest to Grant Park and will probably deliver to your hotel...

439 North Wells Street
Phone: 312.828.9800

805 S. State Street
Phone: 312-786-1000

Some people stay on the north side of the city for lolla...I know there is at least 1 hostel people stay at which is in Lincoln Park, Wriglyville, Lakeview, etc...

958 W. Wrightwood
Phone: 773.832.4030

garrett222
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
i'm pumped..is Lou's better than Uno & Gino's East?

I'm guessing I can grab lunch before Lolla starts.

slurpee
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
i'm pumped..is Lou's better than Uno & Gino's East?

I'm guessing I can grab lunch before Lolla starts.

YES OF COURSE Lou's is better, Duh!!

Lou Malnati's > *

My girlfriend and I spent our valentines day at home watching movies. We ordered Lou's and it was DANK.

flowbee
02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I know they have horrible reviews..but until i see them for myself, I'm convinced it will be a fun time.

After watching the Across The Sea live in Japan concert on an HD channel I'd love to finally see them in concert.

YES OF COURSE Lou's is better, Duh!! Lou Malnati's > * My girlfriend and I spent our valentines day at home watching movies. We ordered Lou's and it was DANK.

Ordered a pizza from Lou's mail delivery service as a birthday present and for the money I spent on it it was dissapointing undersized piece of shit. Just for that I will go to all the other pizza places before I go to Lou's while in Chicago.

02-16-2009, 10:31 PM
gino's is far fucking better

faxman75
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm in the Gino's camp. Always hit it up when in Chicago.

HEADSTRUCK
02-16-2009, 10:39 PM
One thing I never understood about Lollapalooza....

Why is not Chicago house featured? They should have a side stage area with local Chicago DJs. It would be a great affordable way to add electronic music and showcase local talent.

In a similar thought of mind.....I wonder why none of the Chicago rave promoters try to cater to the event? Lolla ends at 10 pm. Why not throw a big ass loft party which starts at 10 downtown. Go to Lolla all day promoting it and passing out flyers.

when I went in 06 I ended up at a rave after saturday....

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 03:19 AM
So what does everyone think about Jane's? Sasquatch AND Lolla? Or...?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2009, 05:03 AM
I really like the Sasquatch line up....if I had extra money I would go...and for my money I actally like The Sasquatch line up better then Bonnaroo....Lolla will get the big headliners this year...Lolla will have the big headliners this year as usually...

garrett222
02-17-2009, 05:04 AM
What are the chances that Janes and NIN play Lolla as well? 95%

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2009, 05:22 AM
I don't think NIN will be at Lolla...

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 07:13 AM
.and for my money I actally like The Sasquatch line up better then Bonnaroo

Why exactly? I'm curious. Theres not a whole lot at Sas that Roo doesnt have. I REALLY wanna see Janes though

slurpee
02-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Ordered a pizza from Lou's mail delivery service as a birthday present and for the money I spent on it it was dissapointing undersized piece of shit. Just for that I will go to all the other pizza places before I go to Lou's while in Chicago.

FAIL

gino's is far fucking better

FAIL

I'm in the Gino's camp. Always hit it up when in Chicago.

FAIL

Lou's = greatest pizza in the world.

Who are you going to beleive about pizza. People who live in Seattle and Arizona? Or someone born and raised in Chicago??

TommyboyUNM
02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Why exactly? I'm curious. Theres not a whole lot at Sas that Roo doesnt have. I REALLY wanna see Janes though

Jane's and NIN are playing in West Palm Beach. How close is that to Miami?

shotglass75
02-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Best Pizza in the city is The Art of Pizza on Ashland or Pequods Pizza on Clybourne

slurpee
02-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Best Pizza in the city is The Art of Pizza on Ashland or Pequods Pizza on Clybourne

Too funny.

Finally someone who lives in Chicago chimes in.....and of course Art of Pizza and Pequods is mentioned :)

I have had them all, but stick to Lou's.

I order Lou's almost on a weekly basis.

shotglass75
02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Too funny.

Finally someone who lives in Chicago chimes in.....and of course Art of Pizza and Pequods is mentioned :)

I have had them all, but stick to Lou's.

I order Lou's almost on a weekly basis.

Don't get me wrong Lou's is pretty damn good, but Pequod's Sausage Pizza is 10 x better.

slurpee
02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Don't get me wrong Lou's is pretty damn good, but Pequod's Sausage Pizza is 10 x better.

Not better than Lou's pan sausage pizza :)

(for those who don't know....the sausage is the size of the entire pizza)

shotglass75
02-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Waaaay better than Lou's pan sausage. Lou's sausage sometimes tastes like it comes out of a can. Pequods pan sausage is authentic Italian Sausage. Plus Lou's gives me the poo's

slurpee
02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Waaaay better than Lou's pan sausage. Lou's sausage sometimes tastes like it comes out of a can. Pequods pan sausage is authentic Italian Sausage. Plus Lou's gives me the poo's

Lou's uses real sausage not out of a can. I believe it may even be viena beef.

Lou's spinach pizza is real good too.

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Jane's and NIN are playing in West Palm Beach. How close is that to Miami?

Like an hourish!!!! Its where I saw radiohead!

also,

THE WHITE STRIPES FOR LOLLAPALOOZA 2009

TommyboyUNM
02-17-2009, 11:14 AM

So isn't that closer than Seattle? Lol.

HEADSTRUCK
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM

NO!!!!! I cant afford to go chicago so I dont not want them there....sorry

garrett222
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM

also,

Lolla 09

the White Stripes
x 3 days

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Mark has spoken. Sorry guys, I withdraw my request.

HEADSTRUCK
02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
thanks for your support Salah....

I am still hoping they get added to coachella cause I thing you and I need to share that moment

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
If they get added, you don't even know how amazing that would be. It would make our "Killers moments" pale in comparison.*

*Not really. The Killers Moments are going to be rare and unique. Im just emphasizing to make a point on how awesome the white stripes are

garrett222
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Deep Dish Pizza + The White Stripes = Perfection

Do the Prodigy have dates scheduled during Lolla yet?

shotglass75
02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Deep Dish Pizza + The White Stripes = Perfection

Do the Prodigy have dates scheduled during Lolla yet?

unfortunately yes

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM
If the Stripes go to lolla then that will be a huge fail on all the other festivals...

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
It needs to be said again

SalahPalooza

make it happen

suprefan
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM

They will be in other places, closer places, so what are you freaking out for.

02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
gino's pan sausage > lou's

p.s. i just moved from chicago for school, don't think i was born in this shitty state

HunterGather
02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Can anyone recommend a fairly priced hotel in walking distance to Grant Park?

The hotel me and my friend stayed as was reallly nice Marriott....except it was in Elmhurst.
Which was a short cab ride + train ride + walk to the festival.

I no longer rely on him to buy me tickets or book hotels because he's unreliable in that.

I'm an alias...
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Lou's uses real sausage not out of a can. I believe it may even be viena beef.

http://www.oldhatcreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/vienna.jpg

slurpee
02-18-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.oldhatcreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/vienna.jpg
Wrong Vienna Beef.....

The true Vienna Beef is one of Chicago's features...

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:qbZidPRBO6EFIM:http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/vienna_beef_logo.gif

slurpee
02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
There is only one way to solve this pizza discussion.

A blinded taste test!

I will be throwing a party on my roof top one of the Lolla nights. I am more than willing to have Gino's, Pequads, and of course Lou's delivered to my place.

Anyone interested in participating in the party and/or the best pizza in the world contest is more than welcome to show up.

garrett222
02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Can anyone recommend a fairly priced hotel in walking distance to Grant Park?

The hotel me and my friend stayed as was reallly nice Marriott....except it was in Elmhurst.
Which was a short cab ride + train ride + walk to the festival.

I no longer rely on him to buy me tickets or book hotels because he's unreliable in that.

Sign up for a hilton honors american express card and you get two free nights at a hilton hotel (right next to grant park)....it's normally 299/night, and i'm paying for the whole thing with points.

Aurgasm
02-18-2009, 09:38 AM
^I had a lovely time last year at that hotel. It was awesome to be in the middle of the music one second and in a shower the next.

Aurgasm
02-18-2009, 09:38 AM
There is only one way to solve this pizza discussion.

A blinded taste test!

I will be throwing a party on my roof top one of the Lolla nights. I am more than willing to have Gino's, Pequads, and of course Lou's delivered to my place.

Anyone interested in participating in the party and/or the best pizza in the world contest is more than welcome to show up.

in the WORLD???

That's in Palermo, not Chicago.

slurpee
02-18-2009, 09:46 AM
in the WORLD???

That's in Palermo, not Chicago.

Yes. I will say it. Chicago has the best pizza in the world.

Should we fly in some international talent for the contest? ;/

garrett222
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
<---- taste tester #1

sbessiso
02-19-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm patiently waiting for any news...

JSam67
02-19-2009, 12:16 AM
White Stripes/Jane's/Gorillaz

sbessiso
02-19-2009, 12:16 AM
and BECK

rage patton
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
White Stripes/Jane's/Gorillaz

Gorillaz? Yeah right. Don't you mean The Killers?

Sushov23
02-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm patiently waiting for any news...

give it another 3 weeks, rumors will start coming out.

JSam67
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Gorillaz? Yeah right. Don't you mean The Killers?

You're right. Lolla always gets shitty mainstream headliners, like Daft Punk, Muse, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, RATM, NIN...

rage patton
02-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey hey hey... I never said Lolla had shitty headliners. Lolla won the headliners contest last year after all. All I am saying is that they won't get Gorillaz to headline.

Also, Blur is touring the UK in the summer... aren't they?

JSam67
02-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah Gorillaz is a blind hope. I've been predicting Jane's/TWS/Outkast since November but I don't think it will be Outkast these days. I'm just not sure who that third headliner will be (I don't think it will be The Killers).

Massive Attack on Friday would be sweet, though. Along with APC.

boarderwoozel3
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Has Outkast ever headlined a festival before?

rage patton
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Lolla has to have at least one mediocre headliner.

Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.

JSam67
02-19-2009, 12:52 AM

Has Outkast ever played a festival before?

Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.

Again, I don't know where you get these premonitions. They haven't had a mediocre headliner either of the last two years, why would they now? No Doubt? Green Day? No way, man.

Sushov23
02-19-2009, 01:00 AM

so either Radiohead, Wilco, RATM, NIN, or Kanye are weak/mediocre? ummmm sorry your logic fails.

rage patton
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Kanye and NIN switching places was pretty weak.

Sushov23
02-19-2009, 01:07 AM

It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. All that matters is they were the 5 headliners, and none of those headliners sucked.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
No matter who is there, it's going to be a good time. A city festival will be so much fun. I've never been to Chicago before, so I'm going to have pizza every day for lunch before the festival starts..

Friday: Ginos East
Saturday: Lou's
Sunday: ??? Wildcard.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 04:51 AM

How did they 'switch places'? Do you mean at one point NIN was higher billed than Kanye, then at some point they switched them? I'm probably totally wrong on that analysis!

You going to Lolla RageP? Aren't you in a band?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 05:09 AM

I don't think so.

Moby's Area2 Festival with Bowie.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 05:11 AM
I don't think so.

Moby's Area2 Festival with Bowie.

are you seeing Flight of the conchords at red rocks?

are you going to Lolla?

what do you do in Denver for work?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 05:17 AM
are you seeing Flight of the conchords at red rocks?

are you going to Lolla?

what do you do in Denver for work?

I am planning on seeing them.

No, especially since if I do go to a festival around that time it would be APW.
(both are highly unlikely for me)

A manager at a hotel.

Aren't you a CPA? Care to do my taxes?

garrett222
02-19-2009, 05:50 AM
I am planning on seeing them.

No, especially since if I do go to a festival around that time it would be APW.
(both are highly unlikely for me)

A manager at a hotel.

Aren't you a CPA? Care to do my taxes?

I definitely would give you a coachella board discount on the taxes if I had a practice. I'm corporate from head to toe and I'm not licensed in Colorado.

Whenever I think of a manager of a hotel, I think of that movie Pretty Woman...I can't remember the hotel manager's name, but the actor who played him was Hector Elizondo from the beverly hills cop movies.

Are you a fan of dealing with customers? I have purposely avoided it since I worked at a movie theater in High School. I don't have the gift of being good at customer service, and it is a gift if you ask me.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 05:55 AM
I definitely would give you a coachella board discount on the taxes if I had a practice. I'm corporate from head to toe and I'm not licensed in Colorado.

Whenever I think of a manager of a hotel, I think of that movie Pretty Woman...I can't remember the hotel manager's name, but the actor who played him was Hector Elizondo from the beverly hills cop movies.

Are you a fan of dealing with customers? I have purposely avoided it since I worked at a movie theater in High School. I don't have the gift of being good at customer service, and it is a gift if you ask me.

Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you becuase your hotel is under renovation, because you charge for parking or internet, because the people next door were having sex too loud, because housekeeping forgot to leave a towel or 2, because their job forgot to pay for their room, because you don't have a room that is a King Bed, Non smoking, looking towards the mountains, blah blah blah. Hector Elizondo makes it seem like a piece of cake when in reality some people that stay at hotels are just bastards.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
so either Radiohead, Wilco, RATM, NIN, or Kanye are weak/mediocre? ummmm sorry your logic fails.

Kanye is weak. Wilco is fucking weak. YOUR logic fails.

sbessiso
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
http://hearingtest.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/the-white-stripes-leibovitz.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
from what I hear Salita, no White Stripes at lollla...

lickety_spit
02-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you becuase your hotel is under renovation, because you charge for parking or internet, because the people next door were having sex too loud, because housekeeping forgot to leave a towel or 2, because their job forgot to pay for their room, because you don't have a room that is a King Bed, Non smoking, looking towards the mountains, blah blah blah. Hector Elizondo makes it seem like a piece of cake when in reality some people that stay at hotels are just bastards.

some people that pay for services ANYWHERE are bastards.
and idiots.
and assholes.
and bitches.
and straight up cunts.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 07:23 AM
some people that pay for services ANYWHERE are bastards.
and idiots.
and assholes.
and bitches.
and straight up cunts.

so you know my pain? What do you do?

garrett222
02-19-2009, 07:39 AM
PM Salita.

inside info on the stripes and lolla? PMPMPM

sbessiso
02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Its just normal girly chitchat, dont worry

rage patton
02-19-2009, 08:45 AM
It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. All that matters is they were the 5 headliners, and none of those headliners sucked.

I hate Kanye West and I don't care for Wilco.

Kanye is weak. Wilco is fucking weak. YOUR logic fails.

And Im not the only one.

How did they 'switch places'? Do you mean at one point NIN was higher billed than Kanye, then at some point they switched them? I'm probably totally wrong on that analysis!

You going to Lolla RageP? Aren't you in a band?

NIN were billed higher than Kanye on the initial anouncement. Somewhere along the line things changed.

No, I am not going to Lolla. Yes, I am in a band. I am confused why you put those questions together.

higgybaby23
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM

Outkast were one of the headliners for the inaugural Rolling Rock Town Fair (music festival) in 2000. The other big acts were the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Moby.

TommyboyUNM
02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
What the hell are you bitches babbling about? So when does this lineup get announced?

suprefan
02-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Didnt I already say KOL will be there for sure? Some people dont read.....

garrett222
02-19-2009, 09:17 AM
shoo shoo retarded flu!

TommyboyUNM
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Garrett, what the fuck are you talking about? When does this lineup usually get announced? I wanna go to at least one day like I did last year.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Garrett, what the fuck are you talking about? When does this lineup usually get announced? I wanna go to at least one day like I did last year.

shoo shoo retarded flu? It's a joke from Howard Stern Show.

It will be announced right around mid april.

what's up Tommy Boy?! How's work today? I have a coference call in 14 minutes. The weekend can't get here fast enough.

TommyboyUNM
02-19-2009, 09:51 AM
what's up Tommy Boy?! How's work today? I have a coference call in 14 minutes. The weekend can't get here fast enough.

I had a meeting today to discuss a new Kellogg's project. I edited a questionnaire and I finished a report shell for a Bayer project. I'm leaving for lunch in 10 minutes. Woot.

slurpee
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you because the people next door were having sex too loud,

Does any body else find this hilarious??

How many people complain about others having sex too loud??

What is the protocol for solving this issue?

Any interesting stories??

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
I have enough stories to write a book and the 1st time someone complained about loud sex I actually laughed...I apologized and informed them that the hotel was responsible for um..."loud activities".

slurpee
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I have enough stories to write a book and the 1st time someone complained about loud sex I actually laughed...I apologized and informed them that the hotel was responsible for um..."loud activities".

So if I am in a hotel and my neighbors are banging like crazy....there is nothing that can be done?

It is part of the hotel experience?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
So if I am in a hotel and my neighbors are banging like crazy....there is nothing that can be done?

It is part of the hotel experience?

you could call security...that is about it.

slurpee
02-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Learn something new every day...

Thanx for the insight to the world of hotel sex.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Learn something new every day...

Thanx for the insight to the world of hotel sex.

I mean really..how can you blame the hotel for someone banging too loud next door? Think about it. You have no idea what kind of complaints I have heard in the course of my 9 years in hotels.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
well I would blame the hotel for a noisy guest. I would say it's the responsibility of the hotel to ensure I have a quiet night of sleep, right? If they have a party next door, I'm calling downstairs! :)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
A party is completely different then loud sex. A party involved more people then are registered which is a nono.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 10:47 AM
either one, i'm calling downstairs. If i don't sleep, it's YOUR fault

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Jesus, now I feel like I'm at work. Thanx Garrett.

familyguy420
02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

ya i work in a motel as well and i sometimes fill like their should be a camera following me, so much stuff gos down there. I work at a low end motel so that emergency alarm gos off once or twice every week...But ya shit like that happens all the time "more pillows", "room changes", "internet access cards cost something?", and "a smoking room down stairs one king away from the noise" good customer service is an interesting art.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Why aren't you at work?!?! it's the middle of the day for geez sakes.

my bad!

isn't it humorous that loud sex makes you feel like you're at work...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Why aren't you at work?!?! it's the middle of the day for geez sakes.

my bad!

isn't it humorous that loud sex makes you feel like you're at work...

Well I DID work in Las Vegas for a long time...that was my home you know.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 10:54 AM
good customer service is an interesting art.

THIS

Jon Blazed
02-19-2009, 11:00 AM

If you don't get laid, it's YOUR fault.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Well I DID work in Las Vegas for a long time...that was my home you know.

oh....yeahh...of course i knew that...everyone knows that!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
If you don't get laid, it's YOUR fault.

You know what is funny? It is usually people that look like they need it, that complain about it.

Jon Blazed
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Complainers never get laid.

slurpee
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
TeamCoachellaHellYeah,

Any good weed stories? I have gotten "warnings" about smoking weed at so many hotels. Nothing has ever actually happened though.....I have always wondered what the real rule is about weed in hotels.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 11:24 AM
TeamCoachellaHellYeah,

Any good weed stories? I have gotten "warnings" about smoking weed at so many hotels. Nothing has ever actually happened though.....I have always wondered what the real rule is about weed in hotels.

It depends on the hotel. The hotels in Vegas would kick you out, charge you a cleaning AND charge you for whatever you stay would be. My hotel has a non smoking policy and it is just a cleaning fee of $250. Most hotels frown upon it and do kick people out so I would be very very careful. Of course when we had the Widespread Panic fans stay over New Year's eve there wasn't much we could do.

garrett222
02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Who is game for a pre-Lolla meet up at a designated deep dish pizza parlor on Saturday?

slurpee
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Who is game for a pre-Lolla meet up at a designated deep dish pizza parlor on Saturday?

It was attempted last year.

It was supposed to be at Gino's East before the black keys show at the Metro.

Did anyone show up to it? I didn't ;/

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Here are your Lolla headliners and big bands:

Depeche Mode
Tool
Jane’s
The Killers
Kings of Leon
Rancid
Rise Against
Kaiser Chiefs

stinkbutt
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
pfff

didn't Pitchfork basically confirm Coldplay for lolla

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
and folks here said it didn't work since Coldplay were in the south during Lolla's time frame.

TommyboyUNM
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Marco, I would hope you knew better than to fuck around with me by saying Tool is gonna play a show. That means I'd have to head out to Chicago. Asshole.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 12:09 PM
hey buddy I didn't try to book em'! :thu

TommyboyUNM
02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
hey buddy I didn't try to book em'! :thu

So ummmm did you pull that out of your ass? Or do you know something? You're messing with my emotions.

suprefan
02-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I wonder if the lolla board is happy with dm headlining.

BlueDevil50
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
go find out. and never come back...

suprefan
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
go find out. and never come back...

If I left would I be able to get out of any ticket in SB county if I ask you to clear it for me?

Thought so bitch.

BlueDevil50
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
hahahahahahaha i don't work for sb county you stupid murse.

weeklymix
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
depeche mode ftw.

suprefan
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM
hahahahahahaha i don't work for sb county you stupid murse.

Well how would I know officer Barbrady. And Im not a murse you douche

BlueDevil50
02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
sure you're not chrissy. and i have no idea who officer barbrady is, but congrats on knowing a cop. yay?

Boourns
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/ralfdols72/OfficerBarbrady.jpg

Officer Barbrady is the retarded cop on South Park that hasn't been used in years.

BlueDevil50
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
haha wow...he was calling me barbrady, how cute. i just figured he was bragging about knowing the right people once again. crafty murse ;)

sbessiso
02-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I really miss Officer Barbrady, he was my favorite character for awhile.

Also, DM @ Lolla I think might confirm my attendance this year

suprefan
02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Theyll play Friday.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 05:31 PM
with Tool on Sat and Jane's on Sun.

TommyboyUNM
02-20-2009, 05:34 PM
with Tool on Sat

Fuck you.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Fuck you.

You know you want it.

TommyboyUNM
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
You are a cock tease.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2009, 05:37 PM
whats another festival on your agenda?

TommyboyUNM
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM
whats another festival on your agenda?

Good point. Lollapalooza if Tool plays. Maybe a day of Outside Lands and a day or two of Austin City Limits. What's another 3.

sbessiso
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow! I want a lineup now, I just found plane tickets for like $157. Soo cheap

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow this guy's predictions stink..

http://www.examiner.com/x-427-Chicago-Rock-Music-Examiner~y2009m2d22-Lollapalooza-2009-lineup-rumors-abound-Who-will-play

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-28-2009, 02:55 PM
well he got Jane's and Depeche Mode right.

ThomThom
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I could definitely see DM, Coldplay, and Jane's headlining this fest.

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
When I mean stink, I mean Lollapalooza I won't be attending..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM

Wasn't Coldplay already debunked? They are in the South both Friday and Sunday.

suprefan
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Coldplay is out dude..

ThomThom
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow Chris and Marco... The two-headed monster.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow Chris and Marco... The two-headed monster.

La tuya.

TickleMeElmo
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
With an Alpine Valley date, it's looking less likely for Jane's... surprisingly.

ThomThom
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
La tuya.

Mira no mas... El muy delicado.

suprefan
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
With an Alpine Valley date, it's looking less likely for Jane's... surprisingly.

No, its still out of the state and 3 months before the fest. Janes is still in.

nil_by_mouth
02-28-2009, 10:38 PM

Oh yeah, because that Alpine Valley date is money in the bank...

Cherita Chen
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
DM!

JSam67
03-01-2009, 12:19 AM

This doesn't make any sense to me. At all.

TickleMeElmo
03-01-2009, 03:23 AM
This doesn't make any sense to me. At all.

Alpine Valley is considered to be in the "Chicago area", roughly about 100 miles from Chicago. They have a radius clause just like Coachella does with the Jane's/NIN show about two months before the fest. Hell, Alpine Valley is even closer to Chicago than Indio is to LA.

That said, I still think they'll play. Hell, those tour dates might not even be real. They haven't been confirmed yet, right?

uscjeff
03-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Tool is touring this year? I keep seeing Adam and Danny at Fox Sports Grill before Laker games. I should ask

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
No, it appears Tool is going to do a one off.

suprefan
03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
So The Killers, Depeche Mode and Tool. Well thats plain amazing!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Don't forget Jane's and KOL.

TommyboyUNM
03-01-2009, 11:48 AM
No, it appears Tool is going to do a one off.

Fuck you.

And fuck you too. Stop getting my hopes up only to be crushed when Tool isn't on the lineup.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Fuck you.

And fuck you too. Stop getting my hopes up only to be crushed when Tool isn't on the lineup.

Tool will be performing with Throbbing Gristle. Maynard is a huge fan.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/29342490_8329e936ed.jpg?v=0
http://www.dopmagazin.com/elementi/20060517_060056tool-maynard.jpg

TommyboyUNM
03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Tool will be performing with Throbbing Gristle. Maynard is a huge fan.

Maynard has shitty taste in music. I'm just glad he doesn't make shitty music. But yeah, I promise I will be at Lolla if Tool plays. You're playing with my emotions, Marcozzz.

suprefan
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Maynard should come to Coachella to play with Throbbing Gristle.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Puscifer maybe?

slurpee
03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Alpine Valley is considered to be in the "Chicago area", roughly about 100 miles from Chicago. They have a radius clause just like Coachella does with the Jane's/NIN show about two months before the fest. Hell, Alpine Valley is even closer to Chicago than Indio is to LA.

That said, I still think they'll play. Hell, those tour dates might not even be real. They haven't been confirmed yet, right?

Total Estimated Distance: 83.62 miles

My place to Alpine.

TommyboyUNM
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
The lead singer of Jane's is like the organizer of the festival. He could make an exception, yes? Or would it look bad if he did that for his own band but not for anybody else?

apostle2
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Perry actually doesn't have anything to do with the festival any more. He's at most the Spokesman at this point. But that doesn't matter, that Alpine Valley date wouldn't be preventing anything

JSam67
03-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Perry actually doesn't have anything to do with the festival any more. He's at most the Spokesman at this point. But that doesn't matter, that Alpine Valley date wouldn't be preventing anything

You're right about an Alpine Valley date not preventing a Lolla appearance, but I'm pretty sure Perry does more than spokesman duties nowadays. Nothing to back that up, but I think he still organizes a lot of it and basically co-runs it with C3.

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure...

Ok Im positive I don't wanna deal with the notoriously drunk crowds at Lolla during a Tool set. Oh my god I cant even imagine what they're gunna be like during Tool (if)

LET ME SHOW YOU THE WORLD IN MY EYES

JSam67
03-02-2009, 01:44 AM
I don't want Tool at Lolla. It would only be dark for, like, half their set. I need a better location for them.

And don't fret about the crowds, Cherita, Tool won't be there and DM will.

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 01:45 AM
REACH OUT

AND TOUCH FAITH!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 05:57 AM
REACH OUT

AND TOUCH FAITH!

http://msp248.photobucket.com/albums/gg190/penta-stars/toolschism.jpg

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Enjoy the Silence

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Enjoy the Silence

http://photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/mjk_close_redblue.jpg

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:28 AM
BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You got me good, Marco. I wasn't expecting that.

That being said......

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05fj6uxbH8eIx/340x.jpg

EDIT

Is Maynard purple in that pic?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Yep.

http://www.fumettidicarta.it/MusicalBox/tool_live/tool_live_mjkweb.jpg

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Wow.

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Do you really wanna play this game?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00722/RSNF30BIZAA_280_722358a.jpg

JSam67
03-02-2009, 06:45 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/24/janes_addiction.gif

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Agreed.

http://www.radaronline.com/features/01-Perry-Farrell-73127918.jpg

What about... *foghorn*

http://khairilhusni.blogmas.com/files/2008/09/kings-of-leon.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 06:47 AM
http://www.losanjealous.com/img/kol/kol04a.jpg

JSam67
03-02-2009, 06:53 AM
I somehow doubt either KOL or The Killers will be that mysterious third headliner. Or Tool, Marco. OR U2!!!

I'm feeling...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/19/arts/20.bonn.blog.WhiteStripes.jpg

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:55 AM
JSam wins the thread

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Plz...U2 is playing Coachella if they do any festivals.

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 06:57 AM
And you LOSE, Marco. You lose

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 07:01 AM
I lose if U2 plays you mean?

JSam67
03-02-2009, 07:02 AM
You lose every time someone laces up their sexy boots.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 07:03 AM
You lose every time someone laces up their sexy boots.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_117/1170327364z6OA0Q.jpg

Cherita Chen
03-02-2009, 07:09 AM
You lose just by TALKING about U2 as much as you do. :-/

JSam67
03-02-2009, 07:11 AM
I don't see any laces there, Marco.

This, on the other hand, would constitute a loss.

http://www.rondak.org/Images/pupboot.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-02-2009, 07:38 AM
boner

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
They wouldn't have DM and JA conflict would they? I know Lolla has these crazy conflicts but that wouldnt happen, would it?

JSam67
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Nope.

suprefan
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
They wouldn't have DM and JA conflict would they? I know Lolla has these crazy conflicts but that wouldnt happen, would it?

No, they would make The Killers and DM conflict. Oh what would you do then.

TommyboyUNM
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
No, they would make The Killers and DM conflict. Oh what would you do then.

And the next night, Tool would play to a silent Lollapalooza.