PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Im keeping my weekend open until they announce all the after shows. I would go to maybe an Arctic Monkeys or Dan Auerbach show. But thats me

boarderwoozel3
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Arctic monkeys could be last year's Bloc Party. That's about as big as the after shows get. Not that that's a bad thing.

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
They're another "I need to feel their heat" band. Shocking, I know!

idrive1life
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Look at where Arctic Monkeys in the billing, major lulz, the lineup is really good and deep (non electronic-wise). However, I'm not going this year. I went 2007 and 2008.

I'm happy and satisfied with what I experienced and saw at UMF so I'm done attending major US festivals not being held within 350 miles away from my place. *Saturday 'Roo is doable if they are selling single day tix*

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
They don't sell single days, they sell four daze only :)

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
We live in FL, Arman. Theres NOTHING good going on

idrive1life
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
We live in FL, Arman. Theres NOTHING good going on

You missed something great in FL ... considering you could've just walked to the event j/k ... I know you had a great reason *giggles ... you missed all the fun "douches"/electronic goodness & epicness at/of UMF*

idrive1life
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
They don't sell single days, they sell four daze only :)

I know. :(

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Psh. I read all about UMF and im happy I didnt waste a penny on it. Miami doesnt deserve my money. Id much rather give it all to CoachRooPalooza :D

idrive1life
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
snap *you read and you know ... giggles*

unknown
05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
That wont happen at all Salah..........I would just be happy with one of either Lyyke Li/White Lies, other than that I will prob be at the dance clubs all weekend.

That's what I'm thinking since the electronic I wanna catch (boys noize, smd, bloody beetroots, deadmau5, bassnectar) WILL conflict with bands, I am hoping to catch them at a club after. Fuck it's gonna be FUN!!!

Arctic monkeys could be last year's Bloc Party. That's about as big as the after shows get. Not that that's a bad thing.
I'm so down with an Arctic Monkeys after show.

ShyGuy75
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
a monkeys aftershow would be splendid.

mark, r u not going to sasquatch?

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Shyguy!!!

Im gunna cry!

Im feeling so sick that I might have to cancel tonight. Just the thought of that makes me so sad but I really am feeling that terrible. If thats the case then I MUST see JA at Lolla. What if they conflict with Killers???

:(:(:(:(:(:(

stinkbutt
05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Of Motreal and Deerhunter aftershows FTW

boarderwoozel3
05-08-2009, 12:36 PM
That's what I'm thinking since the electronic I wanna catch (boys noize, smd, bloody beetroots, deadmau5, bassnectar) WILL conflict with bands, I am hoping to catch them at a club after. Fuck it's gonna be FUN!!!

One of the big DJs has to play an after show, right? I really, really hope so. It would be a little silly to miss one of the big headliners to see a mid-tier Electro DJ but if they force my hand that's what's going to happen.

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
One of the big DJs has to play an after show, right? I really, really hope so. It would be a little silly to miss one of the big headliners to see a mid-tier Electro DJ but if they force my hand that's what's going to happen.

Kaskade is playing smartbar at 11pm on saturday, I am pretty sure somebody big or even 2 big acts will follow him...

I bet somebody will play vision as well

ShyGuy75
05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
sbess, they will conflict with either the killers or dmode and you will not see them. life goes on, i guess.

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Yes, please.

nbvwes
05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
3 1/2 hours of unopposed Phish to close the festival. You couldn't give me enough drugs to handle that.

i doubt that would be true... hehe

i'm hoping for Bassnectar, Crookers, Beetroots afterparties...

boarderwoozel3
05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm all about Crookers, Beatroots are fine but Bassnectar never really did it for me. Any suggestions? What's his best material?

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Its all about The Glitch Mob at lolla, the only must see dj act for me. I am gunna try to check out A-Trak if I can since I really like his dj sets that I have but I am kinda hoping to see him somewhere else.

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
sbess, they will conflict with either the killers or dmode and you will not see them. life goes on, i guess.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:(:(:(:(

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Its all about The Glitch Mob at lolla, the only must see dj act for me. I am gunna try to check out A-Trak if I can since I really like his dj sets that I have but I am kinda hoping to see him somewhere else.

:nono

And you say we won't be raving...

These are the two IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII want to see most.

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 01:40 PM
ok so a little bit a raving may be in order. The Glitch Mob is playing in socal twice at the end of the month I might go check them out then too. Dylan, when are you coming to LA for mem day weekend?

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 01:45 PM
My friend is waiting to get his PTO approved. Are they playing that weekend?

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
they are playing that tue and wed with the prodigy so I might go see them but not sure yet.

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

seriously that would be fuckin RAD.

I'm all about Crookers, Beatroots are fine but Bassnectar never really did it for me. Any suggestions? What's his best material?
I'm actually perfectly fine with missing Beetroots since I caught them at Coachella, but if they do a club after and nothing else is going on then I'm there. Maybe someone can school us on some bassnectar.... I just read about him and his shows are suppose to be terrific. I've downloaded Underground Communication and Live on KISS. Both have been good listens and he goes through a wide range of genres. Not sure if either of these would be considered his best material but it's what I found when searching torrents. I'll do more research this weekend and see what I find!

School me on The Glitch Mob please. I'd love to see A-Trak too. What are his sets about these days? I mostly know of his turntable skills....

stinkbutt
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
seriously that would be fuckin RAD.

it will happen just look at their tour dates

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
ok so a little bit a raving may be in order. The Glitch Mob is playing in socal twice at the end of the month I might go check them out then too. Dylan, when are you coming to LA for mem day weekend?

Where and when, headstruck? I'd be interested in checking them out beforehand...

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Glitch Mob is playing with The Prodigy in Anaheim on the 26th then LA on the 27th. If you want some of their music just PM me your email addy and I will send you something. As far as A-Trak goes his dj sets are great IMO, lots of energy and not the same anthems that most electro house djs all play. I need to chop his set up from Glasto last year (the recording I have is 4 hours, not all him) so once I do that I will send it to you as well.

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
it will happen just look at their tour dates

well we know they'll be in Chicago for this but how can you be so sure about after shows based on that? Hey, I'm hoping you are right, stinkbutt!!!!

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Glitch Mob is playing with The Prodigy in Anaheim on the 26th then LA on the 27th. If you want some of their music just PM me your email addy and I will send you something.

you got it. sent!

stinkbutt
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Based on years past and where they are billed along with their tour dates would suggest I'm right. Plus both these bands love to preform so I think they would want to

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
you got it. sent!

and you got it

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
FORWARD PLEASE!

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:23 PM
lol, you have that one dont you? I also have a live half hour set they did at red rocks in 07

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Based on years past and where they are billed along with their tour dates would suggest I'm right. Plus both these bands love to preform so I think they would want to
fingers crossed.... I'd be so happy!

and you got it

woot. woot.

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
lol, you have that one dont you? I also have a live half hour set they did at red rocks in 07

I have the RR one.

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
you dont have the new one they just put out? send me your email then, way better then the RR one. I swear i sent it to you before?

boarderwoozel3
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm actually perfectly fine with missing Beetroots since I caught them at Coachella, but if they do a club after and nothing else is going on then I'm there. Maybe someone can school us on some bassnectar.... I just read about him and his shows are suppose to be terrific. I've downloaded Underground Communication and Live on KISS. Both have been good listens and he goes through a wide range of genres. Not sure if either of these would be considered his best material but it's what I found when searching torrents. I'll do more research this weekend and see what I find!

Turns out Bassnectar is playing in Seattle tomorrow night. Maybe I'll take a chance and get to the bottom of this the 'ole fashioned way.

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll double check when I get home.

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Turns out Bassnectar is playing in Seattle tomorrow night. Maybe I'll take a chance and get to the bottom of this the 'ole fashioned way.

NIIIIICE! Let me know how it is if you end up going!

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Damn, somehow Im totally lost in the conversation

:pulse:pulse:pulse

http://www.soundenvision.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/01_whitelies.jpg

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure about Bat For Lashes. She has a really good voice, but the songs are very cheesy. Every love cliche' in the book.

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Damn, somehow Im totally lost in the conversation

so you're bringin it back to White Lies, huh? ;)

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM

have fun, I have seen him dj before and he is ok but not a fan of his production really so sorry I am no help.

unknown
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure about Bat For Lashes. She has a really good voice, but the songs are very cheesy. Every love cliche' in the book.

Tommy, I'm having some trouble finding a groove with her myself. I'm gonna give her a few more listens but.... those set times will help with the decision making proces.

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I'll double check when I get home.

called "Crush Mode" let me know

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
so you're bringin it back to White Lies, huh? ;)

Its all I know. I could bring up the killers but that gets me in hot water

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 02:56 PM

*coughKILLERScough*

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Tommy, I'm having some trouble finding a groove with her myself. I'm gonna give her a few more listens but.... those set times will help with the decision making proces.

Yeah exactly. She probably won't make the cut because of the amount of good shit there.

She is very talented and the songs aren't that poorly constructed. I just can't get past the song writing. I don't like the imagery and metaphors that she is using. Like I said, there are love cliches constantly been thrown out.

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
*coughKILLERScough*

You said it, not me. I thought you weren't one for stirring the pot, D-Zizzlez.

stinkbutt
05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I like Bat For Lashes even if it is kinda cheesy

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
You said it, not me. I thought you weren't one for stirring the pot, D-Zizzlez.

I didn't say anything, I was just coughing, Broseph.

unknown
05-08-2009, 03:38 PM
So I've listened to Two Suns almost straight through now (on track 9) and it really isn't that bad - I guess the thing intriguing me the most is how I've read on here that she is ON POINT live. I'm gonna look up live audio and video sets to further investigate...

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 03:39 PM
So I've listened to Two Suns almost straight through now (on track 9) and it really isn't that bad - I guess the thing intriguing me the most is how I've read on here that she is ON POINT live. I'm gonna look up live audio and video sets to further investigate...

I wanna look up live video as well. Let me know what you think of her in that setting. I think I can get past the song writing if I'm watching her live. She's definitely talented.

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
if there is a killers bandwagon, there can be a bat for lashes wagon as well... just go for the ride... :) her music is awesome when high on anything! :)

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM

hi unknown! :)----------------

nbvwes
05-08-2009, 07:24 PM

he's all about the Dubstep nowadays (as am i), which is my primary reason for seeing him, since he's the 2nd best name spinning Dub nowadays (at least in Cali)...

the reason i mentioned him alongside Crookers and Beetroots for hopes of an after-show is Bassnectar is probably gonna conflict with Beasties or Tool, and an after-show may be the only way for me to catch him...

but stick Crookers and Beetroots in a tent & let em spin all fucking weekend and i'd never leave except for an hour and a half during Tool...

unknown
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I wanna look up live video as well. Let me know what you think of her in that setting. I think I can get past the song writing if I'm watching her live. She's definitely talented.

So I can't find any sets to download. I just got finished watching her on Jools Holland then at Glastonbury - yeah... it's gonna be a good fucking show. I need set times.

hi unknown! :)----------------

Hi Scoop :)

he's all about the Dubstep nowadays (as am i), which is my primary reason for seeing him, since he's the 2nd best name spinning Dub nowadays (at least in Cali)...

anything available of him spinning dub? I'm gonna check right now...

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
if there is a killers bandwagon, there can be a bat for lashes wagon as well... just go for the ride... :) her music is awesome when high on anything! :)

Of course you can have a bandwagon for anything but on this board unless its one of maybe three bands you will catch hell for it since no other bands matter around here. I have listen to both the Bat For Lashes albums twice over the past 2 days and enjoyed them. I will be at that set unless something I must see is going on.

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 08:18 PM
This board is actually pretty eclectic in its music tastes. Mark, you like to think that's not the case so you can have something to be contrary about. And I've enjoyed everything about Bat For Lashes but the lyrics.

suprefan
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Bat for Lashes = good.

unknown
05-08-2009, 08:52 PM
And I've enjoyed everything about Bat For Lashes but the lyrics.
heh :) make up your own and enjoy the show, tommy!

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Bat for Lashes = good.

holy shit! i think this is the first time i have agreed with suprefan.. and probably the last but its all good. fucker! :)

i will have 2 beers in hand drinking and chilling out watching her set... so any medical condition i need help with "drugs" please come by and assist! :)

HEADSTRUCK
05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Have you seen BFL before Scoop?

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
no but im thinking of going june 13th in san francisco.. i just remember watching whats a girl to do on tv back in early 08 and being fucking floored! so i actually went out and bought the cd and have dug her ever since! :)

Mr. Dylanja
05-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm just curious how much people have budgeted for this trip, can some of you throw out some ballpark figures for me? Airfare, ticket, ho(s)tel, bar tabs, drugs, hookers, strippers, drugs etc. Please include EVERYTHING in your amount.

paulb
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
im in sacramento so for 2 its 380.00 for tickets 600 for flight .. hotel and car still thinking about where to stay..

so ive got a 2500.00 budget for 2 but most of u can go lower than that im sure so im assuming a grand is the right budget if ur from az! am i wrong? let me know! :)

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
oh shit i forgot hookers. make it 2560.00! 20 each night for streetwhore sweaty blowjobs!! :)

unknown
05-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm shooting for a grand.... lemme think.... I think I can do a grand. Oh FUCK, afterparties. how much are these?

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 09:57 PM
u can stay with me unknown! :)

unknown
05-08-2009, 10:07 PM
eh I'm going the hostel route and plan on partying it up solo. thanks for the invite though! ;)

TommyboyUNM
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
eh I'm going the hostel route and plan on partying it up solo. thanks for the invite though! ;)

Read as: I'll mace the shit out of you if you go anywhere near me.

scoop49er
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM

ur loss fucker........:) can u tell i dont like rejection? lol

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
anything available of him spinning dub? I'm gonna check right now...

there was a bassnectar dub mix posted on this board not too long ago, not sure where...

oh shit, Scooper in the house!

I'm just curious how much people have budgeted for this trip, can some of you throw out some ballpark figures for me? Airfare, ticket, ho(s)tel, bar tabs, drugs, hookers, strippers, drugs etc. Please include EVERYTHING in your amount.

round trip airfare/6 nights hotel = $400

i've got several budget options at this point with varying factors:
coke budget- 1000
diet pepsi budget- 800
fear & loathing budget- 1450

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Crrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeee eeerrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:36 AM
GwojxQjihuM

Uy76E1LQdmk

Backwater
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I hope you plane crashes on the way to bonnaroo

Just thought I'd quote this to remind you what kind of genius you'll encounter at lolla.

TommyboyUNM
05-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm not planning on having this encounter.

Headstruck, for the record, I don't hope you plane crashes on the way to lollapalooza.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I hope you car crashes today!!!!!!!!! BITCH!!!!!!!!!

you an Ass!1!11!!!

unknown
05-09-2009, 09:05 AM
there was a bassnectar dub mix posted on this board not too long ago, not sure where...

I got lazy going over the search results. I google'd it, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere!

best vid I could find of BFL performing "glass" live. I am loving it.
h5awXLux-I8

and I have been on a White Lies kick for a few days now...
oIyAJx_4Jv8

Damn- both of those performances were on point.

Headstruck - I eventually found and downloaded that Glitch Mob Crush Mode and I listened to it twice last night while blazin.... I fucking dug it. I'm down for an afterparty.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Just thought I'd quote this to remind you what kind of genius you'll encounter at lolla.

Way to generalize...

idrive1life
05-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Come on, you all go to Coachella. ;)

Backwater
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Way to generalize...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

WOW Jeff

everything you've said about the bonnaroo "hippes" ..... just WOW

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 09:52 AM
GwojxQjihuM

OMG, would you look at that screen and those visuals? This light monkey approves :thu They sound pretty damn good too.

TommyboyUNM
05-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Jeff, I really haven't seen anything you've said about Bonnaroo in general.

Tim, it might not be a good idea to post when you're all fucked up on whatever drug it is this time.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Tommy, I'm sober.

TommyboyUNM
05-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Right.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Breathalizer, right now. Please.

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
OMG, would you look at that screen and those visuals? This light monkey approves :thu They sound pretty damn good too.

So can I count on you being there with me side by side? Rolling ballz OF COURSE

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Indeed I made a comment focused on David Byrne and referenced "dirty hippies." 6 1/2 scheduled hours of Phish... is there not going to be a bunch of hippies there?

It's too bad that Tool and Radiohead didn't take advantage of these marathon set times. Three hours of either one would be incredible. In short, Bonnaroo looks sweet and I would love to attend one of these years.

mattpach
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
you an Ass!1!11!!!

Backwater
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
In short, Bonnaroo looks sweet and I would love to attend one of these years.

Thank you

And Yes, Radiohead surely did take advantage ... so did Tool

In short, Bonnaroo > Coachella, end of story

Backwater
05-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Um, MATTYBOY! ..... ? really? Your "lol"s are just so valuable, you insightful one, you. Confucius says ... your lol's fucking suck.

mattpach
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Meh.
Even if they do suck at least I actually have people that like me.

Just Saying.

Welcome to ignore.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM
lol

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Indeed I made a comment focused on David Byrne and referenced "dirty hippies." 6 1/2 scheduled hours of Phish... is there not going to be a bunch of hippies there?

It's too bad that Tool and Radiohead didn't take advantage of these marathon set times. Three hours of either one would be incredible. In short, Bonnaroo looks sweet and I would love to attend one of these years.

Radiohead's longest set ever was at Roo and Too'ls longest set of the 10k Days tour was at Roo.

Their songs are already too good to stretch out even more altho could you imagine a 10 min rendition of The National Anthem? WooooooooooooooooooooooW!

Backwater
05-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Radiohead's longest set ever was at Roo and Too'ls longest set of the 10k Days tour was at Roo.

QFT

Sorry boarder, I love you ... but ...... yea

post a fail pic someone

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you

And Yes, Radiohead surely did take advantage ... so did Tool

In short, Bonnaroo > Coachella, end of story

Well I stand corrected on the set times. How long did they play?

As for Roo v Coachella. Once Bonnaroo comes up with something like the Sahara and books acts like The Chemical Brothers etc. we can have that discussion.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 12:18 PM

A long Fucking Time, Jeffy Jeff. I don't know exactly.

I understand your love for EDM but yea, roo fucking owns.

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:00 PM

As for Roo v Coachella. Once Bonnaroo comes up with something like the Sahara and books acts like The Chemical Brothers etc. we can have that discussion.

I think Radiohead played 28 songs (supre can verify for sure) it might've been 26 but 28 sounds right to me.

Tool played 13, I think. It wasn't like they played another half hour or anything, I think they just added in The Pot and closed with Aenima, for the rest of the tour they usually picked on or the other. So I think it was only one more song but with them at least it's a 7 min song yaknow?

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
These people don't know Dylan. They have preconceptions about midwest people like me, yea ... they don't realize that we're the best.

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:06 PM
You're setting a great example for them Timmy :nono

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Way to generalize...

he is a scab just ignore him. anybody that has to tell people on a message board how he looks at a gun and he wants to kill himself because kitt katt wont date him because he is a creep doesnt validate your time.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh, yea, people that grew up in Cincinnati have great lives .... that's just common sense.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
he is a scab just ignore him. anybody that has to tell people on a message board how he looks at a gun and he wants to kill himself because kitt katt wont date him because he is a creep doesnt validate your time.

Champion. You Win. Champ!:thu

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I got curious...

Radiohead

The Setlist
01 "There There"
02 "2+2=5"
03 "15 Step"
04 "Arpeggi"
05 "Exit Music"
06 "Kid A"
07 "Dollars And Cents"
08 "Videotape"
09 "No Surprises"
10 "Paranoid Android"
11 "The Gloaming"
12 "The National Anthem"
13 "Climbing Up The Walls"
14 "Big Ideas"
15 "Street Spirit"
16 "The Bends"
17 "Myxomytosis"
18 "How To Disappear Completely"

Encore 1:
19 "You And Whose Army?"
20 "Pyramid Song"
21 "Like Spinning Plates"
22 "Fake Plastic Trees"
23 "Bodysnatchers"
24 "Lucky"
25 "Idioteque"
26 "Karma Police"

Encore 2:
27 "House Of Cards"
28 "Everything In Its Right Place"

Tool

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty-Six and 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (featuring Tom Morello)
Vicarious
Ænima

Keep in mind that Lateralus was 17 minutes of awesomeness.

I'm not trying to sell it to any of you, but I am certain almost anyone would have fun at Bonnaroo. It's up to the person if the expenses are worth it is all.

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:11 PM
"Big Ideas" = "Nude"

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Mark, you win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Champion. You Win. Champ!:thu

sucks when you WHOLE life is a message board doesnt it? How many girls have you dated from this board? man your life is worthless........I will add you back to that list scab

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
So can I count on you being there with me side by side? Rolling ballz OF COURSE

Only if I can reach out and touch you...

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
This is so awesome.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Dylan, you whole life fails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dylanja
05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
That means my afterlife will be full of WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 01:18 PM

is that rape talk? I just got home from the lake Dylan and all I thought about while there was how much you needed to be there with us all.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I think Radiohead played 28 songs (supre can verify for sure) it might've been 26 but 28 sounds right to me.

Tool played 13, I think. It wasn't like they played another half hour or anything, I think they just added in The Pot and closed with Aenima, for the rest of the tour they usually picked on or the other. So I think it was only one more song but with them at least it's a 7 min song yaknow?
Yeah, RH played 28, don't know the total time. Tool played 12 songs and their set was ~108 minutes.

These people don't know Dylan. They have preconceptions about midwest people like me, yea ... they don't realize that we're the best.
:nono

I'm not trying to sell it to any of you, but I am certain almost anyone would have fun at Bonnaroo. It's up to the person if the expenses are worth it is all.
By all means, I want to go but it's the exact same time as finals. Hopefully next year.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
sucks when you WHOLE life is a message board doesnt it? How many girls have you dated from this board? man your life is worthless........I will add you back to that list scab

This is fucking gold.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 01:33 PM
http://lollapalooza.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=560572

The Lolla board is calling Crookers for Friday. Friday in Perry's looks like my rave day!
The Bloody Beatroots > Simian Mobile Disco > Crookers

Backwater
05-09-2009, 01:37 PM
You shou E tho

freal

Du

d

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Translation?

Backwater
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Ravers

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Meh.
Even if they do suck at least I actually have people that like me.

Just Saying.

Welcome to ignore.

:cat

This was good

Do you really have to ask?

Backwater
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
The sig is a translation .... maybe ... only if you can read retard though ....

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 02:11 PM

The Lolla board is calling Crookers for Friday. Friday in Perry's looks like my rave day!

And who are supposed to be the headliners on Friday?

EDIT

nvm. DM Vs. JA

fuck

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Ravers

... have more fun.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Bow Down Before the one you Serve

You're going to get what you deserve

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Wong festival, or a year late anyway.

Backwater
05-09-2009, 02:35 PM
No you can't take it, no you can't it, no can't you take this away from me!

Got money?

No you Can't Take it.

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

hopefully Perry learns from Coach's mistakes and makes it
The Bloody Beetroots > Crookers > A-Trak > SMD
-or-
A-Trak > Bloody Beetroots > Crookers > SMD

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I wish I could go rave with you guys but once again, the headliners call to me.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
And who are supposed to be the headliners on Friday?

EDIT

nvm. DM Vs. JA

fuck

do you not keep up with this thread at all Salah? Janes said they are playing the same day as lou reed ( witch is sunday).

I still fully expect
dm vs kol
tool vs bboy
killers vs janes

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I looked at that thread and it said Janes was on Friday! Did I read it wrong?

Also,

heyyyyy Mark :cat

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I wish I could go rave with you guys but once again, the headliners call to me.

I wont be in that tent once the sun goes down.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I looked at that thread and it said Janes was on Friday! Did I read it wrong?

Also,

heyyyyy Mark :cat

did you stop reading? they just put them friday because of what their website says, it goes on to say what I just said about lou reed.

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't you take that fucking tone with me. Youre this close to NOT getting a spanking

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
lies....all lies

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
:afu

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes and no. They have Jane's listed for Friday but based on some comments from Perry, everyone over there thinks they'll play Sunday.

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Does Lolla ever make any major additions? The lineup is already stacked I was just wondering

Mark, I talked to the white lies lead singer he told me theyre doing an aftershow. Wait for the announcement

shakermaker113
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
do you not keep up with this thread at all Salah? Janes said they are playing the same day as lou reed ( witch is sunday).

wasn't there conflicting information from two different sources about which day lou reed was playing?

where did the link to that lolla thread go to?

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Does Lolla ever make any major additions? The lineup is already stacked I was just wondering

Mark, I talked to the white lies lead singer he told me theyre doing an aftershow. Wait for the announcement

um they have before, in 06 they added the femmes late witch was the best act all weekend. I doubt anything big will be added this year, where would they put it?

I hope your right Salah, that right there would satisfy me for the whole weekend

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
wasn't there conflicting information from two different sources about which day lou reed was playing?

where did the link to that lolla thread go to?

I have only heard sunday for Reed but I could be wrong. Salah has that link on the last page Edward.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes and no. They have Jane's listed for Friday but based on some comments from Perry, everyone over there thinks they'll play Sunday.

I want them on Sunday cause that will mean no Killers/ Tool conflict

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
In SalahPalooza, Im able to see Depeche Mode, The Killers AND Jane's Addiction. I wish it were real

Im getting so sick of predicting set times! I feel like such a nerdy fan boy!! Just release them motherfuckers

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Salah JA will open or close fest so you wont see them. Tool> JA

Dont bitch about set times cause we get them 2 months before instead of 2 days

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
There you go again, talking to me in that tone

FUCKSTICK!

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Lolla link: http://lollapalooza.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=560572

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 06:55 PM
There you go again, talking to me in that tone

FUCKSTICK!

Jandy?

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
jajajajajaja

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 07:08 PM
What are you all worked up about?

faxman75
05-09-2009, 07:17 PM
So do we know what day Tool is probably playing yet?

Cdubby
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Saturday

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Why Saturday? The Beastie Boys v Tool is a scheduling disaster!

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Why Saturday? The Beastie Boys v Tool is a scheduling disaster!

What? Its the best option I see and hop its the way they go.

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Beasties Vs. Tool?

I might go rave

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
What? Its the best option I see and hop its the way they go.

Well, which would you see?

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
well Tool of course, I have no interest in seeing the BBoys again

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't get putting two of the three biggest acts on the bill against each other.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't get putting two of the three biggest acts on the bill against each other.

I dont see putting the 2 biggest acts a day against each other but they do it. If you you go from the order on the poster they are not the 2 biggest acts playing at lolla.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm aware of this and was speaking from a historical perspective. The dueling headliner format is actually pretty sweet. More happy people every day.

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
well Tool of course, I have no interest in seeing the BBoys again

Can me and you @ Tool be you and Salah @ Killers?

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi,

I'm new to Lollapalooza. Is this annoying red, yellow, green lineup scheme for the break down of the day by day acts correct or is it all rumor and speculation?

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM

hmmmm

i am not a jealous man.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Tool.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I'm new to Lollapalooza. Is this annoying red, yellow, green lineup scheme for the break down of the day by day acts correct or is it all rumor and speculation?

It's solid. The sources are listed below the day by day breakdown. Are you coming to this thing now?

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm aware of this and was speaking from a historical perspective. The dueling headliner format is actually pretty sweet. More happy people every day.

From a historical perspective Janes and Lou Reed should be the headliners. The one thing that I do like about the dueling headliners is that the crowd will be tolerable. In 06 during RHCP it was just maddness as I am sure RH was last year.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:38 PM

wait, are you coming now? I kinda thought that when I got theat PM from you but thought it was prob just random.

If I am able to see them I will def be there with you man.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
the plot thickens

sbessiso
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't wanna see Tool but if every single person of our entire group is seeing them then I feel some slight peer pressure to go along

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Dont ever feel pressure to see something you dont wanna see Salah but I think you would enjoy seeing them. Seeing them is still to this day one of the greatest live shows I have ever seen.

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 08:49 PM
wait, are you coming now? I kinda thought that when I got theat PM from you but thought it was prob just random.

If I am able to see them I will def be there with you man.

It's solid. The sources are listed below the day by day breakdown. Are you coming to this thing now?

I don't wanna see Tool but if every single person of our entire group is seeing them then I feel some slight peer pressure to go along

Yeah I'm thinking about it. The only thing holding me back is the not knowing if I will even have any money by August. I could be fucking broke with no job.

But I am rationalizing to myself a way for me to go. I'm giving it more careful scrutiny now.

Salah I think you owe it to yourself to give them a shot. I told you I would hook you up with Tool stuff.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Cool deal, that's how I feel about hitting a festival at the tail and of a family vacation to Europe this summer. I'm going to be broke as a joke and require a job until then but goddamn, I'm going to be right there.

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
The day by day breakdown does not impress me. :(

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Tough crowd.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
The day by day breakdown does not impress me. :(

then why would you go?

paulb
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Beasties Vs. Tool?

I might go rave

i will fuckin hurt you Sally..... Tool is Sunday, stop worrying.

Wheres the beef?
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
then why would you go?

I like hanging out and going to concerts and doing drugs and drinking lots of beers with you guys.

And.... Tool

And.... the dance tent

And... Chicago

The dance tent is kinda bumming me with how things are broken down over the three days. This is just my initial reaction. It will change though.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I am ok with that answer Ryan

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
i will fuckin hurt you Sally..... Tool is Sunday, stop worrying.

so you really think they would have the BBoys vs KOL on saturday? I couldnt see them putting the 2 lowest billed headliners one day.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I like hanging out and going to concerts and getting doing drugs and drinking lots of beers with you guys.

And.... Tool

And.... the dance tent

And... Chicago

The dance tent is kinda bumming me with how things are broken down over the three days. This is just my initial reaction. It will change though.

I'm looking forward to ripping around Chicago, after shows etc. with you all as much as if not more than the festival itself--Tool and Lou Reed aside.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
so you really think they would have the BBoys vs KOL on saturday? I couldnt see them putting the 2 lowest billed headliners one day.

Billed shmilled, both of those acts are fucking huge.

suprefan
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Its Saturday, and people will go cause its, well, Saturday. Try the Coachella logic here with putting Saturday the way it was with Friday and Sunday being the way they were. Sandwich what could be seen as the ''weakest'' day on the line up on the day most people would likely go due to it being the weekend and all. KOL is a bigger draw than they get credit for, and I dont even like them.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
putting them both on saturday would just suck for me then I guess. I guess that would give me a chance to hit the dance tent up more but since thats the day my good friend is coming to see me I am really hoping for something good to be going on. I guess it would give me a jump start on getting a shower and getting to smart bar early.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Its Saturday, and people will go cause its, well, Saturday. Try the Coachella logic here with putting Saturday the way it was with Friday and Sunday being the way they were. Sandwich what could be seen as the ''weakest'' day on the line up on the day most people would likely go due to it being the weekend and all. KOL is a bigger draw than they get credit for, and I dont even like them.

Your right I guess Chris, I am just hoping to see tool saturday night.

suprefan
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
:: shrugs :: they cant always get it right, but they try. How you feel is how lots of other people feel, its understandable.

Cdubby
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Your right I guess Chris, I am just hoping to see tool saturday night.

well you will if you dont want to see the beasties :thu

suprefan
05-09-2009, 09:47 PM
IF thats what happens. KOL doesnt need to take anything with them to Lolla except their guitars maybe, cause they will rent the rest. All of their gear will be going to Red Rocks so they just fly over and play that sunday.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I am sticking to that until I see something that proves me wrong

Cdubby
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
in keeping with the star wars theme of this page- im going to will it to happen with the force

suprefan
05-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Look up. Tour logistics are not your forte btw.

Cdubby
05-09-2009, 09:49 PM
look up to what? im going to supre your ass when im correct, btw.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
When they initally announced the six headliners my first reaction was 'where are they going to put all of them?' There were going to be some nasty conflicts from the start. So it goes at festivals.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
look up to what? im going to supre your ass when im correct, btw.

I think he was talking to Mark. Hey, are we meeting up for a few sets and drinking or what?

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
im going to supre your ass when im correct, btw.

I am gunna do the same to Jeff! lol

Cdubby
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
oh i see what he is saying about KOL keeping it minimal in terms of gear and being able to overnight to red rocks for their sunday show. seems like it could work, it just doesnt work with what i want. lolla boards feel its really going to be killers/jane's on sunday as well, and im keeping the hope alive.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Look up. Tour logistics are not your forte btw.

i dont understand this

edit: i see now after what cdubby wrote. Thats why I have KoL playing on friday Supre not Saturday.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I am gunna do the same to Jeff! lol

:rolleyes

Friendly wager? A beer says Tool plays Sunday.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 09:59 PM
deal

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Lovely.

I just remembered Animal Collective is going to be at this thing. That's fantastic, hopefully they go heavy on the more upbeat MPP tracks.

Oh snap, best after show ever!! So could happen too.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
when will you be buying me this beer? I have doubts I will see you much this weekend.

suprefan
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I was talking to Cdubby, and KOL could care less about needing a day off, those guys are machines since they dont understand what not touring the u.s. every 2 months means.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
when will you be buying me this beer? I have doubts I will see you much this weekend.
Sonofabitch! We'll be seeing plenty of each other. And you can but me that beer on Thursday. I assume we'll all make our way to a local watering hole that night/evening/afternoon.

I was talking to Cdubby, and KOL could care less about needing a day off, those guys are machines since they dont understand what not touring the u.s. every 2 months means.
When your music is that easy to play I can't imagine they're too tired after each show. The hard part is keeping up with the endless onslaught of girls throwing themselves at you every night. Horrible problem...

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Sonofabitch! We'll be seeing plenty of each other. And you can but me that beer on Thursday. I assume we'll all make our way to a local watering hole that night/evening/afternoon.

we can compare after set times come out but how much did you see of me at coach? I have very different taste in music then lots of you and I go to see what I like not what you guys do. I am sure we will be at a few show together but I plan on rolling alone quite a bit.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
There's not a question I'll be following my own schedule. Our paths didn't cross too often at Coachella but I see that changing in Chicago.

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I just read this on the lolla board

"Apparently, someone who talked to the White Lies lead singer can confirm that they will be playing an aftershow. Just wait for the announcement."

If this is true my weekend has been made, I hate reading posts like that.

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh snap, that is a fucking quality after show. *fingers crossed for accuracy* We'll know for sure in 5 weeks.

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM

and the highest billed name in the rave tent...

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM

please see saturday @ Coachella 2009...

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 11:37 PM
and the highest billed name in the rave tent...

It's equally baffling how Bassnectar is the highest billed dance act out of that lot. I guess this is why I don't make these decisions. It would be fascinating to see the process or formula applied to determine these things.

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 11:42 PM
just like coach, billing is used as a type of booking currency... i'm sure that explains DM too...

and beasties billed so low but giving them a headlining day...

i'll bet $$ that bands take higher billing for less pay... it's a smart career move, esp if you're on the way up or making a comeback...

arctic monkeys being billed so low baffles me... i'm pretty sure subheadlining coach could've been likely...

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 11:45 PM
It's equally baffling how Bassnectar is the highest billed dance act out of that lot..
qft

HEADSTRUCK
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
and beasties billed so low but giving them a headlining day...

would they give them a non headlining day instead?

mattpach
05-09-2009, 11:47 PM
arctic monkeys being billed so low baffles me... i'm pretty sure subheadlining coach could've been likely...

Seriously it surprised me to.
They should be billed much higher.

nbvwes
05-09-2009, 11:52 PM
for the record i think that lolla link i gave ya won't turn out to be 100% accurate...

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Toally agree on the Arcitc Monkeys. Reading though the lineup the first time my reaction as along the lines of, 'sweet, The Arctic Monkeys. Wait, WTF are they doing down here?' It will be very interesting to see where and when they play. I would assume subheading a mainstage but with that billing, who knows? Can't fathom them playing anything other than one of the main stages, right?

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 11:56 PM
for the record i think that lolla link i gave ya won't turn out to be 100% accurate...

Sadly, None of those things ever do. But it's a good indication.

nbvwes
05-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Toally agree on the Arcitc Monkeys. Reading though the lineup the first time my reaction as along the lines of, 'sweet, The Arctic Monkeys. Wait, WTF are they doing down here?' It will be very interesting to see where and when they play. I would assume subheading a mainstage but with that billing, who knows? Can't fathom them playing anything other than one of the main stages, right?

i think there billing guarantees them an early main stage slot... and by early i mean like 5pm

shakermaker113
05-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Perry has said that Lou Reed is playing the same day as Jane's. Jane's official site says they are playing Friday, Lou's says he's on Sunday. The official sites currently list different days, Perry says they will play the same day. Be aware of this incongruity particularly if you are dead-set on seeing one of these acts.

that's what I was referring to with the conflicting info.

the link again for convenience. http://lollapalooza.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=560572

Backwater
05-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Good job, on that fifth or sixth try Mark, (possessive,) you put an "R" on that "you" ... get it?

I hope you bike crashes.

Moron.

sbessiso
05-10-2009, 05:54 AM
i will fuckin hurt you Sally.....

Is that a promise? :cat

I just read this on the lolla board

"Apparently, someone who talked to the White Lies lead singer can confirm that they will be playing an aftershow. Just wait for the announcement."

If this is true my weekend has been made, I hate reading posts like that.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm literally shaking in my chair right now!!!!!

jennygirl
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
The less people at Beastie Boys the better. I'd like to be as comfy close as humanly possible without an annoying crowd. You all go rave your hearts out and I'll be having a 'moment' with my guys. :) kthx

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 09:51 AM
are we gunna be raving at Tool Jenny? Dont think just cause a lot of us are gunna be at Tool means the crowd at BBoys wont still be huge.

JSam67
05-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I still can't imagine a Tool/Beasties conflict. But then, it is Lollapalooza. This is the bummer when a lineup actually boasts countless acts you're excited to see. First year I'm going to have to hit more than one of those aftershows to compensate.

jennygirl
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
are we gunna be raving at Tool Jenny? Dont think just cause a lot of us are gunna be at Tool means the crowd at BBoys wont still be huge.

I'm not that naive to think that there won't be a huge annoying crowd at Beachie Boyz. My comment was intended to be sarcasm-y. And something tells me the PAW people rave wherever they go, be it TOOL or the Sahara. Just a hunch. ;)

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
And something tells me the PAW people rave wherever they go, be it TOOL or the Sahara. Just a hunch. ;)

lol

boarderwoozel3
05-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't think you can rave Tool... we'll certainly try though.

suprefan
05-10-2009, 01:31 PM
please see saturday @ Coachella 2009...

Did you not see my explanation last night. You sure want to think that this hasnt been brought up.

shakermaker113
05-10-2009, 01:35 PM
flight booked! wahoo!

boarderwoozel3
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Nice. We've got a lot of people going! If Coachella was any indication that translates into a crazy weekend.

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
What's the deal on the aftershows? Have any been announced? If not, when and where would we find out? Typical price for an aftershow?

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM

I'm bringing my glow to Tool.

unknown
05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
So I may be able to get a cheap/free room at the W thanks to my dad but a part of me rather stay at the hostel - meet more people, be a bit closer, find drugs more easily, make friends....

boarderwoozel3
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
What's the deal on the aftershows? Have any been announced? If not, when and where would we find out? Typical price for an aftershow?

After shows get announced at the same time as the lineup, in mid-June. They're priced the same as normal shows but start a little later ~10-11pm to give people a chance to get there from the festival. And they're completely awesome.

IdiotequeThom
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
After shows get announced at the same time as the lineup, in mid-June. They're priced the same as normal shows but start a little later ~10-11pm to give people a chance to get there from the festival. And they're completely awesome.

Are they all 21+?

boarderwoozel3
05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
They range from all ages to 21+ Some are 21+ but most are 18+.

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm not understanding.

Are aftershows announced? (y/n)
If so, where can I find them listed?
If not, when will they be announced?

Cdubby
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
No, they will be announced in mid June

sbessiso
05-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Im sure theyre listed somewhere but why bother when I have you guys to find all the info for me :D

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not understanding.

Are aftershows announced? (y/n)
If so, where can I find them listed?
If not, when will they be announced?

is it mid june?

unknown
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
So I need to set aside an extra.... what $50 a night for transportation/admission to after shows/drinks... maybe more for extra shit... oh and food?

Do they sell out quickly? When they are announced should I figure out which I am going to and buy tickets in advance?

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM

I am not shocked by this, I will have a bunch of red glowing body gel to rub on you one of the nites. I have lots of glowing stuff that never got used at coachella still.

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
is it mid june?

No. But I hope you can see why I was confused after reading Jeff's post:

After shows get announced at the same time as the lineup, in mid-June.

because it is not, in fact, mid June.

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 04:42 PM
here maybe this will answer all your guys questions so Jeff doesnt have to answer the same 5 questions every week

Aftershow FAQ
Q: What qualifies as an aftershow?
A: For the purposes of this thread, we will define any major show taking place in Chicago between August 6th and 9th as an aftershow.

Q: What qualifies as an "official" aftershow?
A: Last year, C3 Presents added a new feature to Lollapalooza -- aftershows. Roughly 20 Lollapalooza artists played "official aftershows" which took place in venues throughout Chicago. You can check out the list of 2008 aftershows here for the time being.

Q: Do I get into "official" aftershows for free if I have a Lolla bracelet?
A: Nope.

Q: What are the start times for "official" aftershows?
A: Generally, they'll start at about 10:15-10:30. Sometimes they start earlier or later depending on the number of opening acts and the doors time.

Q: When are the "official" aftershows announced?
A: Last year, the initial announcement was the same day as the release of the schedule, June 17th. Additional aftershows were added in the time leading up to Lollapalooza.

Q: Do Lollapalooza bands ever play "unofficial" aftershows?
A: Yes. Last year, Serena Ryder and Butch Walker both played unofficial aftershows.

Q: When can I expect tickets to go on sale for aftershows?
A: It varies, but you should start keeping an eye on things around early to mid-June.

Q: What age restrictions can I expect for aftershows?
A: Most of them will be 18+ or 21+, depending on the venue. Very few are all ages shows, largely because of the late start time.

Q: How much will tickets run me?
A: It depends on the band. It will cost you about the same amount that it would cost to see the band on any other night. $20 is a reasonable expectation for most shows.

HEADSTRUCK
05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
No. But I hope you can see why I was confused after reading Jeff's post:

because it is not, in fact, mid June.

No I cant but maybe thats cause I already know the answers and he meant set times

sbessiso
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I will have a bunch of red glowing body gel to rub on you one of the nites.

This sounds wonderful :cat

nbvwes
05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Did you not see my explanation last night. You sure want to think that this hasnt been brought up.

naw, i just dont usually bother reading your posts... :)

kings! what are the chances that you'll be recording Crookers again? what about Tool or Bassnectar? lots of beer/drugs/blowjobs will be at your disposel if you do...

Wheres the beef?
05-10-2009, 10:23 PM
naw, i just dont usually bother reading your posts... :)

kings! what are the chances that you'll be recording Crookers again? what about Tool or Bassnectar? lots of beer/drugs/blowjobs will be at your disposel if you do...

If I'm going I will be bringing my recording gear. Tool will be 100% recorded. I'm planning on spending alot of time in the dance tent but it's all tentative at this point. I'm sure there will be at least one other taper for Tool. It's almost guaranteed.

ShyGuy75
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
caught The Delta Spirit last night. very high energy. great show all around. can't wait to see them when it is 95 degrees with 100% humidity at 2:20pm at lolla.