PDA

View Full Version : The Night Marchers -CONFIRMED

HEYUWITHTHAFACE
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Heard it from the singers mouth on NPR! Maybe RFTC.

Foppie
01-21-2009, 03:51 PM
They were alright at the Universal show this summer.

dorkfish
01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
anything other than RFTC is not worth it.

AbundantChoice
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I really like that Night Marchers disc. "Closed For Inventory" "Whose Lady Are You" and "I Wanna Deadbeat You" are classic stompers.

sweet artie
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
ANYTHING involving John Reis would light that place up!
RFTC, The Nightmarchers, Hot Snakes, Sultans, Drive Like Jehu... that man is a music God!
I saw The Nightmarchers a few weeks ago in my hometown of Redondo Beach... they were f'n awesome!
Live they're like Rocket minus the horns.

But man oh man... if there were to be an RFTC reunion... I would lose my mind!

pancakespancakes
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Thank you, Mr. Face, whoever you are......

clumsy342
01-21-2009, 08:19 PM
RFTC = Rocket From the Crypt?

paulb
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
youtube video please...who?

PassiveTheory
01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Maybe this means the Swami Sound System show will finally fucking end and Big Sonic Chill can take over the entire week... Granted, I don't live in San Diego anymore, but man that show was weird.

brando4n82
01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
The fuck are Night Marchers?

PassiveTheory
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Band fronted by the dude from Drive Like Jehu and Rocket From the Crypt that also hosts the Swami Sound System on FM 94/9. Never met the dude when I was working there, but his show is weird. People like Bryan and Jared would like it a hell of a lot more than me.

pancakespancakes
01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Maybe this means the Swami Sound System show will finally fucking end and Big Sonic Chill can take over the entire week... Granted, I don't live in San Diego anymore, but man that show was weird.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

PassiveTheory, you're a cool dude, and I love that you're a fellow San Diegan... but what?!? Seriously? That is the best fucking show on any public radio station in the county. I have no idea why you just said that. Yes, B.S.C. is also beuno, but seriously... I wish it was Swami every night.

The man is a great guitarist, but I might even say, he's a better DJ.

PassiveTheory
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
pancakes, I spin downtempo electronic music, Big Sonic Chill is the only show in the city and, now with Big Sonic Heaven gone, most likely the only show if it's kind in the fucking state... Of course I'd like to hear it 7 nights a week.

pancakespancakes
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Alright, well I understand if you'd like to make room for more BSC, seeing as that's your area of expertise. But could there be any other time of the week for the massive radio party that is Swami Sound System? No. Saturday night is the only time.

I'm all for a relaxing Sunday-Friday... but Saturday night, it's fucking time to party.

sweet artie
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
RFTC = Rocket From the Crypt?

Yesssireee! RFTC = Rocket From The Crypt

That70sdesperado
01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, they're pretty solid I guess.

Big Sonic Chill and Swami are both sick. Glad to see some FM 94.9 listeners. And fuck 91X.

TallGuyCM
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Big Sonic Chill and Swami are both sick. Glad to see some FM 94.9 listeners. And fuck 91X.

Now that Indie 103.1 is gone, FM 94.9 is by far the best radio station in Southern California, and it wouldn't surprised me if it was the best in all of California. I lived in San Diego for 8 years and 94.9 was around for the last 4, great station. Midori's got the hottest voice ever. 91X is like KROQ, but worse and with more of the shitty bands.

Anyways, yeah I'm gonna check out the Night Marchers for sure. I assume most non-San Diegans aren't familiar with John Reis and his work with Rocket from the Crypt among others, as he doesn't seem to be too well-known anywhere outside of San Diego. His dad was my landlord for a year and told me some strange stories about Rocket's early days.

Trust me though, this will be the early show to be at on Sunday of Coachella.