PDA

View Full Version : Z-Trip

Hempey
01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Might be there. Current tour ends April 10 in Denver. Haven't heard much talk about him.

paganman7
01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Who?

SFChrissy
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Who?are you kidding???

chairmenmeow47
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
i would love a good, old school set from z-trip. that shit a few years back with the linkin park guy was totally lame though. a bombshelter reunion would be REALLY cool though :)

SFChrissy
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
i would love a good, old school set from z-trip. that shit a few years back with the linkin park guy was totally lame though. a bombshelter reunion would be REALLY cool though :)I actually enjoyed hanging out for that while waiting for some friends to move on to our next gig that day...i found it to be a nice way to pass some time :)

menikmati
01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
He's boring.

paganman7
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
are you kidding???

Nope...not even a little.

I could pretend to know and be like, "shit yeah homies, Z-trip would tear it up", but it's just easier to be honest...although a tad less cool.

So...who is Z-trip, and if he had anything to do with Linkin Park, then I'd just assume fingerblast hott cougies than watch him.

Hempey
01-21-2009, 11:55 AM
His website Bio is a little self-indulgent I think. Uneasy listening was dope but I haven't been a giant fan since then.

"Z-Trip is one of the biggest DJs of our time, doing over 100 shows a year, every year. Considered by many to be a founder of the mash-up movement, his musical tastes are eclectic and his mixing style rejects simple classification. His early independent releases have become highly sought after collectibles. Uneasy Listening, the collaboration with DJ P, was one of the first of its kind, and has sold for as much as $500 on eBay.

No other DJ can claim playing to 500,000 people opening for the Rolling Stones at Sars-stock in Toronto, playing the Bonaroo main stage to over 70,000 people 2 years in a row, in addition to headlining a tent at Coachella twice. He's also been busy around the world doing the Good Vibrations Festival in Australia 2006, as a headliner. All of this in addition to his US and international headlining sold out shows, and multiple club residencies."

chairmenmeow47
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
the guy is still humble pie next to emile. MY GOD! i'm sure within seconds of posting this, emile's shit talking alarm will go off and he'll be here to tell us what a god he is :rolleyes

jlk2490
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I saw Z-trip last year with MSTRKRFT at the Fonda and he was sooooooo sick! I really hope he plays this year.

SFChrissy
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Nope...not even a little.

I could pretend to know and be like, "shit yeah homies, Z-trip would tear it up", but it's just easier to be honest...although a tad less cool.

So...who is Z-trip, and if he had anything to do with Linkin Park, then I'd just assume fingerblast hott cougies than watch him.not LP...Chester Bennington...you'll probably recognize this one...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJzvh33urUw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJzvh33urUw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

meyouseek
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
As long as Z drops a cool party set I'm all for it. If he plays "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or any of his jock-rockin' beats, I'll be moving on.

This is coming from a long time fan, so no disprespect should be inferred. Dude wants to make some money, I understand.

Gribbz
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Z-Trip is great live. Pretty funny guy too. Not as funny as Cut Chemist though.... :)

fikus222
01-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I first saw Z-trip in '96 at a rave in the middle of the AZ desert, the first time I saw him do a mash-up set (he spun 45s of commercial and sitcom jingles from the 80s) was at the AZ Beck Midnight Vultures after-party and I have since seen his mash up sets 5 times through the years and I always have a good time. His album CDs aren't necessarily representative of his live sets. He keeps his sets fresh and unique...you can't really ask for more than that. As an added plus he offers his music for free downloads at his site:

http://www.djztrip.com/downloads.html

Mr. E
01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
please BRING Z TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jremy
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
He's boring.

You obviously don't get it. Z Trip is one of the pioneers of turntableism. Why the fuck you gonna bump a post you think is "boring". I bet you are one of the people who are THRILLED the Killers are going to headline. Have fun at the mainstage all day bro.

lolwut
01-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Might be there. Current tour ends April 10 in Denver. Haven't heard much talk about him.

I FUCKING APPROVE OF THIS SO SO SO SO MUCH.

Z Trip is a flawless dj with soul.

Dj Oso Fresh
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Z-trip Performing an Obama mix live. . . . .

AWESOME!

Download the Obama Mixes below!
http://djztrip.com/obama/