PDA

View Full Version : Drinking on the grounds....

mikey-rj
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Now I understand that the legal age for drinking in California is 21. This presents a problem for my friend and I who are coming from Calgary, Alberta, Canada where we've been able to drink for the past 2 years. We're both 20, but we're wondering just how insistent they are about ID'ing people inside the grounds? We want to be able to drink, infact we need to be able to drink. So how does someone underage get a drink? Is it just a matter of making friends with someone whose 21 and getting them to buy you booze?

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
You get a bracelet, much like in any club/pub/concert/sporting event in the United States, which signifies that you're of legal "drinking age". Without it, you're fucked, ayye. :)

E

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Now I understand that the legal age for drinking in California is 21. This presents a problem for my friend and I who are coming from Calgary, Alberta, Canada where we've been able to drink for the past 2 years. We're both 20, but we're wondering just how insistent they are about ID'ing people inside the grounds? We want to be able to drink, infact we need to be able to drink. So how does someone underage get a drink? Is it just a matter of making friends with someone whose 21 and getting them to buy you booze?

NEED to be able to drink? Wow, dependency in only 2 years. You, my friend, are an overachiever!

mikey-rj
02-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I do my best. And it's not a matter of absolutely needing to drink, but it would definitely be nice if we could have a cold beer rather then just drinking water the whole time.

invisiblerobots
02-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Sneak in your own supply!

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I do my best. And it's not a matter of absolutely needing to drink, but it would definitely be nice if we could have a cold beer rather then just drinking water the whole time.

Let's see, festival beer...

a) Costs three times as much

b) Dehydrates you, rather than cools you down

c) Can't be poured on your head (without a mess!)

d) Won't get you drunk due to the amount you'll be sweating

e) Will taste like Satan's piss anyway...

Water and iced lemonades it is then!

Leckie
02-16-2007, 07:30 PM
NEED to be able to drink? Wow, dependency in only 2 years. You, my friend, are an overachiever!

why do you care? millions of people enjoy drinking.

why do you even speak up? do you think that kind of shit is going to get a postive response?

cuchulainn
02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's see, festival beer...

a) Costs three times as much

b) Dehydrates you, rather than cools you down

c) Can't be poured on your head (without a mess!)

d) Won't get you drunk due to the amount you'll be sweating

e) Will taste like Satan's piss anyway...

Water and iced lemonades it is then!

you actually only sweat about 5% of the alcohol out of your system hence 95% remains. As you correctly point out both the beer and sun will dehydrate you thereby reducing the volume of water in your body and increasing the concentration of alcohol, ipso facto you will get more drunk on festy beer, and nothings stopping you from pouring water on your head to cool you down.

go get em tiger, drink as much as you can before and after the show and the in between time will sort its self out.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
you actually only sweat about 5% of the alcohol out of your system hence 95% remains. As you correctly point out both the beer and sun will dehydrate you thereby reducing the volume of water in your body and increasing the concentration of alcohol, ipso facto you will get more drunk on festy beer, and nothings stopping you from pouring water on your head to cool you down.

go get em tiger, drink as much as you can before and after the show and the in between time will sort its self out.

Hehe. I notice you didn't debate the "Satan's piss" comment!

RedThom
02-17-2007, 08:55 AM
It's Heineken dude... no debate be made....

ps. the rebull and tequila mix drink is not recommended

Leckie
02-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Hehe. I notice you didn't debate the "Satan's piss" comment!

shut up old man

Trailmix
02-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Without an ID there is no chance of getting into the Beer garden so there will be no drinking in the concert for you.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-17-2007, 09:37 AM
shut up old man

Fuck, that is some rapier wit you got there, young 'un. Could ya teach me someday?

C0linS
02-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Im from scotland where the drinking age is a not-very-strict 18, Ive been living in the states since september and dont turn 21 till may, its TORTURE!!!
I dunno if i can face a festival sober, although remembering some of it might be a refreshing change. If anyone knows what happened at T in the park last year, please enligthen me!

Leckie
02-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Im from scotland where the drinking age is a not-very-strict 18, Ive been living in the states since september and dont turn 21 till may, its TORTURE!!!
I dunno if i can face a festival sober, although remembering some of it might be a refreshing change. If anyone knows what happened at T in the park last year, please enligthen me!

i'd watch what you say about "drinking dependencies"... old man winters (John Peel is My Co-pilot) must be senial cause he seems to think he's the camp councilor here.

bmb555
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
its easy guys, find some nice person who is 21 to buy you a couple bottles of alcohol before the show, at least one of the bottles being a small flask or whatever that you can stick in your crotch area and smuggle it into the show. Or a backpack with a false bottom or whatever....smuggle your own liquor into the show. Thats what I did the first year i went to coachella when i was underage. And last year also even though i was of age, i smuggled in liquor just to avoid paying the high price for beer at the show.

Leckie
02-18-2007, 08:54 AM
its easy guys, find some nice person who is 21 to buy you a couple bottles of alcohol before the show, at least one of the bottles being a small flask or whatever that you can stick in your crotch area and smuggle it into the show. Or a backpack with a false bottom or whatever....smuggle your own liquor into the show. Thats what I did the first year i went to coachella when i was underage. And last year also even though i was of age, i smuggled in liquor just to avoid paying the high price for beer at the show.

no kidding. people need to stop being pussies and just sneak everything in. worst that can happen is that you have to pay for beer. big deal, at least you tried. security is going to have to deal with way too many people to spend 10 minutes with you searching every pocket in your backpack just to find that gram of weed or bottle of jack.

i know if i was security i'd be looking for weapons like knives over a couple of beers any day.

C0linS
02-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Cool, thats what I figure the situation would be.
Somehow a wee drink tastes better when youve had to work for it...

momof5
02-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I am way over 21 and have found not much time for drinking in the beer garden--it takes time away from the music! Most years I have maybe 1 drink a day.So much going on you probably won't miss it-and you have to stay in the garden until you have consumed your beverage. If you are at Coachella for the music the drinking comes in last!

Leckie
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I am way over 21 and have found not much time for drinking in the beer garden--it takes time away from the music! Most years I have maybe 1 drink a day.So much going on you probably won't miss it-and you have to stay in the garden until you have consumed your beverage. If you are at Coachella for the music the drinking comes in last!

im just gonna get loaded at camp in the morning and spend the rest of the day chillin to the music