PDA

View Full Version : Sahara Tent

DFrank
01-21-2009, 01:08 AM
I know the lineup is due any day/minute now, but the sahara tent has been on my mind.
Mstrkrft's Fist of God album comes out in march. So...obviously they MUST play Coachella...

Other performers (for the Sahara) with an open schedule:
The Presets
Bloody Beetroots
Girl Talk
Boys Noize
Digitalism
Crystal Castles (or main stage?)
Hey Champ

nbvwes
01-21-2009, 01:18 AM
there's gonna be a sahara tent this year?

matsuolost
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
girl talk is not sahara
and i thought mstrkrft was a confirmed no

the others.. been there done that... nothin new or exciting there
we should get some new stuff in the sahara this year. just saying
even if bloody beetroots or the presets havent been there, its the same electro shit
just my opinion

Lurker_in_a_tree
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
In other news, some people want exactly the same bands to play every year.

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Hello, plese click the following link:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21089&page=52

kthnxbai

Sonicifyouwantit
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm thinking bloody beetroots are gonna be there, well I hope so. the presets would be more of a mojave act as well as girl talk. I hope crystal castles don't play sahara either. They have some electro/pop music but also a lot of noisey rock. Outdoor theater or mojave. I'm hoping for a couple larger acts for sahara such as chemical brothers and/or underworld.

menikmati
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I know the lineup is due any day/minute now, but the sahara tent has been on my mind.
Mstrkrft's Fist of God album comes out in march. So...obviously they MUST play Coachella...

The Presets
Bloody Beetroots
Girl Talk
Boys Noize
Digitalism
Hey Champ

That looks like a shitty Sahara.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
digitalism and bloody beetroots would fit, we just need to add some contrasting djs...which I'm sure has already been taken care of.

menikmati
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I've always been Bambi. Even back on the EZboard...

brando4n82
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
digitalism and bloody beetroots would fit, we just need to add some contrasting djs...which I'm sure has already been taken care of.

Straight up

DIGITALISM FTW

Sexecutioner
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm hoping for a couple larger acts for sahara such as chemical brothers and/or underworld.

my thoughts exactly, and add prodigy to that list.

Edmontonian
01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey all.
I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, the major local electronic music promoters (Connected events) usually take advantage of the fact that Coachella brings in a lot of dj's from Europe to North America, so they blanket european dj's to see if they can book shows in Edmonton around coachella because it will be a lot cheaper because they don't have to pay for the transatlantic flight. Last year they got sebastiAn and Kavinsky in late April.

Anyways, Connected just booked Benny Benassi and The Bloody Beetroots for April 11 in Edmonton, Ab. (neither of them have the shows listed on their myspace yet). They also had listed Crookers for a show April 25, but they just removed that one today...
Anyways, I know they aren't paying to fly these Italian Dj's over, and based on the history, I am considering those three a 100% lock for Coachella. They wouldn't come to Edmonton unless they were on the continent already and they don't have any other North American gigs booked (at least according to their myspaces) around then so it must be Coachella.

Crookers
Bloody Beetroots
Benny Benassi
100%

Connected facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2361180221

KungFuJoe
01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm thinking bloody beetroots are gonna be there, well I hope so. the presets would be more of a mojave act as well as girl talk. I hope crystal castles don't play sahara either. They have some electro/pop music but also a lot of noisey rock. Outdoor theater or mojave. I'm hoping for a couple larger acts for sahara such as chemical brothers and/or underworld.

why is it that people think The Presets are a mojave act? Are they not MORE suitable than Midnight Juggernauts, Hot Chip or Chromeo?? All of who were in the Sahara last year?

They are more of Sahara act. No question. If not, than Outdoor at night.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
why is it that people think The Presets are a mojave act? Are they not MORE suitable than Midnight Juggernauts, Hot Chip or Chromeo?? All of who were in the Sahara last year?

They are more of Sahara act. No question. If not, than Outdoor at night.

they could play sahara but do you disagree that they would fit in mojave as well?

Trick Loves The Kids
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey all.
I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, the major local electronic music promoters (Connected events) usually take advantage of the fact that Coachella brings in a lot of dj's from Europe to North America, so they blanket european dj's to see if they can book shows in Edmonton around coachella because it will be a lot cheaper because they don't have to pay for the transatlantic flight. Last year they got sebastiAn and Kavinsky in late April.

Anyways, Connected just booked Benny Benassi and The Bloody Beetroots for April 11 in Edmonton, Ab. (neither of them have the shows listed on their myspace yet). They also had listed Crookers for a show April 25, but they just removed that one today...
Anyways, I know they aren't paying to fly these Italian Dj's over, and based on the history, I am considering those three a 100% lock for Coachella. They wouldn't come to Edmonton unless they were on the continent already and they don't have any other North American gigs booked (at least according to their myspaces) around then so it must be Coachella.

Crookers
Bloody Beetroots
Benny Benassi
100%

Connected facebook page

awesome
ehh

CROOKERSSSSSSSSSSSS

KungFuJoe
01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
they could play sahara but do you disagree that they would fit in mojave as well?

I suppose I could see them play any stage but the Gobi or Main. As long as it's at night. I guess the Goldfrapp slot in the Mojave wouldn't be so bad, but I'd prefer the Sahara because there will be more room.

Lazaro
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM

The Presets
Bloody Beetroots
Girl Talk
Boys Noize
Digitalism
Hey Champ

NOT AGAIN PLEASE

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey all.

Crookers
Bloody Beetroots
Benny Benassi
100%

Connected facebook page

fuckin eh, man. nice research!

HEYUWITHTHAFACE
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Crookers, awesome. What about THE KNIFE!?

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
The knife won't be at Coachella as they're on hiatus to work on an opera in one of the Scandinavian countries.

And good work Edmontonian, I'm pleased with all three of those acts.

HEYUWITHTHAFACE
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Poop. Better be better than Electroma.