PDA

View Full Version : Oasis

Beetlebumbill@mac.com
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
is headlining one of the nights.

lizng
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM

...so am I. I said it here, so it must be official.

daft$tar
01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
i love them - hope its true

HobbitFromPA
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I suddenly no longer wish to go, if this were true.

daft$tar
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
vs just skipping them to see one of the 150 other acts over coachella weekend

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
if this were true.

That's an IF that's larger than Liam's ego.

And come on, is any one band really so offensive as to put you off the whole festival?

familyguy420
01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I saw them recently and they put on a good show. I would really in joy them in the big open fields
liame is a egotistical ass hole but maybe he gave up his animosity for the new year who knows.

HobbitFromPA
01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
That's an IF that's larger than Liam's ego.

And come on, is any one band really so offensive as to put you off the whole festival?

That made me laugh. I was just being sarcastic. I really have never gotten what people see in this band though.

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
I hate hate hate oasis. I'm so proud that a torontonian assaulted one of those dicks.

miscorrections
01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Please insert a scared pufferfish up your urethra. Thanks.

P.S. Legitimate word on the street is they won't be there.

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Please insert a scared pufferfish up your urethra. Thanks.

P.S. Legitimate word on the street is they won't be there.

was this directed at me, or the OP

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
which in this case means both Original Poster and Oasis Ponce

miscorrections
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Hint: I have talked about loving Oasis and not liking you. Multiple times!

WillyWonka5497
01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
source?

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
right.
bad taste, and a lot of childish hostility and grudge bearing. you WOULD like oasis.

Memorial_07
01-20-2009, 07:13 PM
bullshit.

It ain't happening

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't mind them. I would even watch them.

RageAgainstRob
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I hate hate hate oasis. I'm so proud that a torontonian assaulted one of those dicks.

i officially love toronto now.

miscorrections
01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
right.
bad taste, and a lot of childish hostility and grudge bearing. you WOULD like oasis.

Oooooh look how mad you're getting.

menikmati
01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
If they are, then my prediction list is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:20 PM
...except not.
I feel like I have to explain this every day.
some people are capable of expressing their strong opinions in writing without ever becoming agitated.
the people who assume I look like psychic friend's avatar are generally the people who react that way themselves. if this place made me stressed out, I would avoid it. like I avoid oasis. who are arrogant, overrated, and frankly boring.

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
menik, I hope you're wrong like I hope I'm wrong about us having coldplay subbing one night.

Coachella Bound
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Arctic Monkeys>>>>>>>>>>Oasis

drewoftherushes
01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I saw them recently and they put on a good show. I would really in joy them in the big open fields
liame is a egotistical ass hole but maybe he gave up his animosity for the new year who knows.

creative

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Supersonic is their best song, I love the opening guitar.

menikmati
01-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I could see them playing Friday.

JSam67
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Oasis wouldn't surprise me, and frankly, I'd welcome them, esp. compared to the other names being thrown around as rumored headliners.

hypervera
01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Arctic Monkeys>>>>>>>>>>Oasis

wow thats stupid!!

oasis made definitely maybe (one of the greatests album from the 90s) and whats the story morning glory and songs like rock n roll star, supersonic, live forever, wonderwall, dont look back in anger etc etc ANTHEMS!!!!

arctic monkeys well they are not bad but oasis is OASIS!!!!

daft$tar
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
would you rather have no doubt or oasis...

used to be an oasis hater - but they've grown on me a bit - older stuff is great (def maybe/whats the story) and the latest record is good also - the few before this latest effort...not so much (heathen chemistry - bleech)

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Oasis >>No Doubt

daft$tar
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Oasis >>No Doubt

indeed.

Coachella Bound
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
sure Oasis 'made' some great music but there ego's have gotten the best of them.

Arctic, who are all still under 23, have droped 'Whatever You Say I Am', which was one of the biggest selling albums in the UK ever, and Favorite Worst was more than a descent follow up.

I think when all is said and done Arctic will be remembered as the better of the two

Memorial_07
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
menik, I hope you're wrong like I hope I'm wrong about us having coldplay subbing one night.

don't worry coldplay isn't playing.

I will confirm that

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:38 PM
It's rock n' roll. There is nothing wrong with having an ego in rock.

JustSteve
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm so proud that a torontonian assaulted one of those dicks.

see avatar. fuck you.

psychic friend
01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I love Oasis. I loved their recent show at Staples. They are my favorite band. That is all. carry on.

sacleonard
01-20-2009, 08:06 PM

I hope that you're right. They are on my lineup list, and I would really enjoy hearing some of their new material.

HobbitFromPA
01-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I love Oasis. I loved their recent show at Staples. They are my favorite band. That is all. carry on.

That's awesome. I heard they are playing OfficeMax in Columbus, OH.

sacleonard
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
That's awesome. I heard they are playing OfficeMax in Columbus, OH.

C Dub Ya would be there.
(you're from Columbus, right?)

quicksand
01-20-2009, 08:13 PM
FUCK THAT

alex gardner
01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
...except not.
the people who assume I look like psychic friend's avatar are generally the people who react that way themselves.

i love how you have to explain yourself so much for not caring. i don't think you look like her avatar, i do however think you are always armed with a bottle antidepressants, a box of kleenex and a tear stained lovenote from your girlfriend. you are a ***.

no oasis plz.

JSam67
01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
would you rather have no doubt or oasis...

Weird, I predicted both of them would be there last year. Oasis is much better, of course.

What's your favorite album? I'll always have fond memories of Oasis even if I never get to see them just because (WTS)MG was the first album I ever bought (and it's still fucking good).

quicksand
01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
HEY! Enough with hating on eachother! We all look different, and shine in our own ways, inside and out. There's not a certain type of person who listens to certain bands. If you've ever been to a show, or a festival like Coachella, you'd see the diversity throughout the crowd. It's beautiful, really... People of all nationalities, colors, religions, and sizes gathering together to peacefully appreciate the art of music. GOOD music though, not shit music like Oasis... They're really just straight up gay lol.

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
01-20-2009, 08:39 PM
fuck that, oasis sucks now they were once good

know ID ya
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
HEY! Enough with hating on eachother! We all look different, and shine in our own ways, inside and out. There's not a certain type of person who listens to certain bands. If you've ever been to a show, or a festival like Coachella, you'd see the diversity throughout the crowd. It's beautiful, really... People of all nationalities, colors, religions, and sizes gathering together to peacefully appreciate the art of music. GOOD music though, not shit music like Oasis... They're really just straight up gay lol.

See, this is one of the most thought out, point driven, non-argumentative posts I have read on this forum. Everyone is always so negative, it is refreshing to have less boarders disagreeing with every thought, and few ridiculing comments they don't agree with. Who cares if anyone hates, likes, or loves Oasis?

Then again, you mentioned how beautiful it is having people who are different sizes together peacefully. Fuck that, short people suck.

pocket
01-20-2009, 08:59 PM

seriously? that dude pushed noel off the front of the stage and he broke ribs. totally not cool, you may not like a band but wishing someone hurts them is fucked up. you my nonfriend can eat a dick riddled with aids.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I hope with all my heart that the members are Oasis are struck dead by the lord God.

pocket
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I hope with all my heart that the members are Oasis are struck dead by the lord God.

ha god... people still believe in that magical nonsense?

benhur
01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
oasis = meh, all they do is take away a headliner spot from radiohead which i wouldn't be down for.

ToddThaGod
01-20-2009, 09:18 PM
i love how you have to explain yourself so much for not caring. i don't think you look like her avatar, i do however think you are always armed with a bottle antidepressants, a box of kleenex and a tear stained lovenote from your girlfriend. you are a ***.

no oasis plz.

LOL

ATamreLion
01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
The only way I'd like to see Oasis at Coachella is on the gallows.

I get that their "thing" is acting better than everything and everyone, but it's so much cooler when a band's "thing" is talent and good music.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
ha god... people still believe in that magical nonsense?

You will regret your childish rejection of the Lord's word when judgement day comes to pass. Make your peace with Yeshua and the world will open before you like a flowering sycamore.

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
You will regret your childish rejection of the Lord's word when judgement day comes to pass. Make your peace with Yeshua and the world will open before you like a flowering sycamore.

you want god to strike down people and then are calling me childish? i think you should look at what you post before passing judgment, and i thought in the bible you arent supposed to pass judgment on others, only god can do that.

either way david blaine>jesus, he has done way cooler things than that jesus dude any day.

and i heart oasis

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
The only way I'd like to see Oasis at Coachella is on the gallows.

I get that their "thing" is acting better than everything and everyone, but it's so much cooler when a band's "thing" is talent and good music.

seriously have you listened to oasis, i mean all of the oasis catalog. most of their best songs didnt even make albums.

sigh

its better people, just download that song, its great and i am sure you have never heard it.

and when you sell as many albums as oasis has, i am sure you can act better than everyone else because cd sales wise they pretty much are.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
you want god to strike down people and then are calling me childish? i think you should look at what you post before passing judgment, and i thought in the bible you arent supposed to pass judgment on others, only god can do that.

either way david blaine>jesus, he has done way cooler things than that jesus dude any day.

and i heart oasis

Jesus walked upon the water and saw that it was good. David Blaine merely submerged himself in water for an astonishing period of time. I ask you as a reasonable man, who is more filled with lustre?

matsuolost
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
i dont like oasis, hope something better is on while theyre playing

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Jesus walked upon the water and saw that it was good. David Blaine merely submerged himself in water for an astonishing period of time. I ask you as a reasonable man, who is more filled with lustre?

seriously its a book of stories filled with magic. i believe in science and evolution. sorry, evolution=fact. jesus/god/bible=magic, and when i wanna hear about magic ill check out harry potter.

and david blaine did more than that, have you seen his specials, that shit is way cooler than turning water into wine, and i bet if you asked david blaine he would hella do it.

also believing in the bible means there is only life on earth and sorry but i strongly doubt that with a universe so big we are the only intelligent life, also i feel that we are not the end of the evolutionary chain.

and where the hell is this jesus walked on water and saw that it was good, you are quoting a partial line of genesis, god didnt walk on water and see that it was good. nice try.

oasis, still amazing though.

fakeblood
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Oasis is just OK, I don't think 2009 Oasis is as arrogant and annoying as 1995 Oasis, cuz very few people are paying attention to them now. Just another trip down Nostalgia lane..
I'd much rather see blur though, blur is much more fun and light in my opinion, especially songs like "parklife", "boys and girls", "coffee and tv", "beetlebum", "charmless man", all 90's gems. the only oasis song i like is "live forever" and maybe because they didn't overplay it like some of the rest. It would be clever if they could get them both and matched them against one another..

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
seriously its a book of stories filled with magic. i believe in science and evolution. sorry, evolution=fact. jesus/god/bible=magic, and when i wanna hear about magic ill check out harry potter.

and david blaine did more than that, have you seen his specials, that shit is way cooler than turning water into wine, and i bet if you asked david blaine he would hella do it.

also believing in the bible means there is only life on earth and sorry but i strongly doubt that with a universe so big we are the only intelligent life, also i feel that we are not the end of the evolutionary chain.

and where the hell is this jesus walked on water and saw that it was good, you are quoting a partial line of genesis, god didnt walk on water and see that it was good. nice try.

oasis, still amazing though.

The "magic" on display in your vaunted Harry Potter tomes is a particularly insidious form of sorcery; one which is not immediately met with revile. You're walking a fine line in your ruinous life. Remember that we are all sent to Earth with a purpose. Center yourself on Yeshua and you will find that purpose.

Coachella Bound
01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
The "magic" on display in your vaunted Harry Potter tomes is a particularly insidious form of sorcery; one which is not immediately met with revile. You're walking a fine line in your ruinous life. Remember that we are all sent to Earth with a purpose. Center yourself on Yeshua and you will find that purpose.

Honestly.......?

Enough you two! Quote movies or something.

Old Oasis = great

New Oasis = ehhh not-a so great

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:25 PM

not all of us believe we were sent to earth... some of us believe in the evolution fact that science has proved, you believe in your magical faith stuff, and ill believe in science.

if there is a heaven and hell, at least i wont have to spend my after life with a cuntface like you.

plus oasis will be there with me so i can hear them play every day. cant wait for that!

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Honestly.......?

Enough you two! Quote movies or something.

Old Oasis = great

New Oasis = ehhh not-a so great

you dont like the new album or dont believe the truth. i think both are quality albums... it was that heathen chemistry album that was rubbish

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 10:27 PM
not all of us believe we were sent to earth... some of us believe in the evolution fact that science has proved, you believe in your magical faith stuff, and ill believe in science.

if there is a heaven and hell, at least i wont have to spend my after life with a cuntface like you.

plus oasis will be there with me so i can hear them play every day. cant wait for that!

I'm so sorry to point out that you are incorrect. Evolution is a theory and nothing more. Where do you believe you were sent, if not to Earth? Do you believe you are a "space alien?"

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry to point out that you are incorrect. Evolution is a theory and nothing more. Where do you believe you were sent, if not to Earth? Do you believe you are a "space alien?"

ha and the bible is fact? negatory, just another theory. oh and they have proved evolution is a real thing, you may want to pick up a science book sometime.

i dont know where you are getting the space alien thing but do i believe there is intelligent life out there, you sure bet i do, to thin earth is the only planet with life, to me, is just stupid.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 10:38 PM
ha and the bible is fact? negatory, just another theory. oh and they have proved evolution is a real thing, you may want to pick up a science book sometime.

i dont know where you are getting the space alien thing but do i believe there is intelligent life out there, you sure bet i do, to thin earth is the only planet with life, to me, is just stupid.

I don't know how you could get more factual than the Word of God. Your science books prove nothing but the wickedness of idle minds. Toil away at your lamentable jungle profession, I'll be clearing the way for my soul's immediate and ecstatic transfer to Heaven while your corpse burns in eternal hellfire.

bballarl
01-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't know how you could get more factual than the Word of God. Your science books prove nothing but the wickedness of idle minds. Toil away at your lamentable jungle profession, I'll be clearing the way for my soul's immediate and ecstatic transfer to Heaven while your corpse burns in eternal hellfire.

Praise Jesus.

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:43 PM

sigh, i am done with you. when people get cancer or diseases its not praying that heals them, its medications based on science.

how do you know the bible is the word of god, its just stories written by people. sigh and how do you know your bible is correct. i am sure there are a lot of jews and Mormons annd scientologists and Islamic people that would beg to differ.

hahahaha still laughing about your take on science books, man, books based on historical fact cant be true... hehehehehhe oh man. thanks, my car died yesterday and i needed a laugh.

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Praise Jesus.

i like xenu more, he seems like he would be down to do shots.

Xenocide
01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Oasis is headlining one of the nights.

your name makes me think Blur is...

Failed State
01-21-2009, 12:31 AM
oasis>no doubt<radiohead< cris angel

ATamreLion
01-21-2009, 03:15 AM
seriously have you listened to oasis, i mean all of the oasis catalog. most of their best songs didnt even make albums.

sigh

its better people, just download that song, its great and i am sure you have never heard it.

and when you sell as many albums as oasis has, i am sure you can act better than everyone else because cd sales wise they pretty much are.

Yes I have pretty much all of the music that Oasis has ever made. I just don't have any respect for a band that racks on every band except for The Beatles who they incessantly rip off. Liam's voice is flat and monotonous (probably because he's too stupid and talentless to write his own vocals), and the majority of their music is generic as fuck.

And no... they aren't better than everyone in CD sales. This is a common misconception. They have sold about the same amount of records as Meatloaf and 'N Sync and you don't see those faggots bragging.

And even if they were the top selling band in the world - their music doesn't warrant their attitude.

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2009, 03:51 AM
^^ pretty much how I feel.

pocket
01-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Yes I have pretty much all of the music that Oasis has ever made. I just don't have any respect for a band that racks on every band except for The Beatles who they incessantly rip off. Liam's voice is flat and monotonous (probably because he's too stupid and talentless to write his own vocals), and the majority of their music is generic as fuck.

And no... they aren't better than everyone in CD sales. This is a common misconception. They have sold about the same amount of records as Meatloaf and 'N Sync and you don't see those faggots bragging.

And even if they were the top selling band in the world - their music doesn't warrant their attitude.

so you dont like liam, how do you feel about the noel sung songs?

ill have to look up the cd sales thing cause i know wtsmg is the highest selling in europe, or it was...

Gribbz
01-21-2009, 07:51 AM
I can't stand Oasis personality wise.... but would love to see them live.

wmgaretjax
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
This pocket character is a quick one...

sacleonard
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I can't stand Oasis personality wise.... but would love to see them live.

I still think it can happen.
And if not Oasis, how about The Cure?