PDA

View Full Version : WTF? How can these guys be selling tickets already?

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
$469...this shit is bogus..GV needs to get these guys!

http://www.tvdance.com/information/tickets/concert/coachella-music-festival/

weezy f baby
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
OMG!!! NOT JACK JOHNSON AGAIN!!

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 12:38 PM
there just saying the line-up will include names like this (from years past)...but they are selling tix for this year...

ficklecycle
01-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Who gives a fuck? No one will be buying tickets from them.

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
lol Jack Johnson return show would be massively funny

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
there just saying the line-up will include names like this (from years past)...but they are selling tix for this year...

No, there (sic) not.

The artist line up for Coachella Music Festival 2009 includes great names such as Prince, Jack Johnson, Kraftwerk, Death Cab for Cutie, Fatboy Slim.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
No, there (sic) not.

key words being SUCH AS...

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Call me crazy but I'm not going to defer to you on matters of reading comprehension.

weezy f baby
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
...nor matters of comedy.

ficklecycle
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
See what you're doing Coachella? People are so tense since the line up isnt out and they're taking it out on each other. Please give us the line up already!

tHEdARKsIDE
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
if GV chooses Jack Johnson & Black Lips to be the return acts, i'm gonna start thinking somebody's retarded...

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
listen you ladyboys...all I am saying is that its fucked up that this website is selling tix already...i would think its illegal...unless the site is based out of russia or something...

paganman7
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Call me crazy but I'm not going to defer to you on matters of reading comprehension.

LOL!!

It astonishes me that no one understood that post. I guess that makes it a bit more satisfying.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Who gives a fuck? No one will be buying tickets from them.

And if they are they deserve to be getting ripped off. It's scandalous, but what can you do? Welcome to preemptive scalping.

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
listen you ladyboys...all I am saying is that its fucked up that this website is selling tix already...i would think its illegal...unless the site is based out of russia or something...

No shit, Sherlock. You make it sound like South Florida isn't part of the US and this sort of shit is new - which part of scapling tickets remains such a mystery that this is surprising?

That probably sounds dickish and that's not my intent, but it's just pretty basic. These fuckers will know that they'll get tickets and are just playing the game.

If you chose to read into it, and I am not, but you could be of the opinion that these scumbags have inside knowledge and know that it will be a sell-out, hence the early advertising. And by inside knowledge, I don't mean that they necessarily have specific details, just whether the line-up is particularly strong, medium etc. As I said, that's one possible way to interpret things, but I wouldn't give them that much credit.

What it boils down to is that there will always be a market...

Quadromarshia
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM
No shit, Sherlock. You make it sound like South Florida isn't part of the US and this sort of shit is new

What?

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 02:25 PM
my sentiments exactly...what are you talking about? no one said anything about south florida you mongol...first there was the grammar police, now this guy...

once again...my point is only that the website selling these tix is fucked up...

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
my sentiments exactly...what are you talking about? no one said anything about south florida you mongol...first there was the grammar police, now this guy...

once again...my point is only that the website selling these tix is fucked up...

I wasn't suggesting you'd said anything about South Florida - simply that you were blurting this out like it's a fucking revelation, and that perhaps Miami is so far behind the rest of the country that scalpers don't exist there.

Yes, it's fucked up, genius. What's next - are you going to tell us that someone shot Kennedy and that the Earth really isn't flat after all? You're stating the obvious.

I look forward to the grammar police pointing out that it should be, "South Florida, you mongol".

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
you're a fucking cock-gobbler...why does where i live always come in to play? like that has anything to do with anything? Miami sure is far behind the rest of the country...right...and so what if Im stating the obvious? its a message board and I can state whatever I want...

for instance, I can state that you are an anal-dwelling battieboy...

and you are a fudge poking, salami stroking, bottom gay fairy...

how about that grammar?

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
you're a fucking cock-gobbler...why does where i live always come in to play? like that has anything to do with anything? Miami sure is far behind the rest of the country...right...and so what if Im stating the obvious? its a message board and I can state whatever I want...for instance, I can state that you are an anal-dwelling battieboy...

Oh, dear...really? Is that all you can come up with? That's a lot of homophobe for one person to carry around, unless you just have a chip on your shoulder about something.

Then again, what a surprise….a lack of intellect manifesting itself through belligerence.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
cmon...dont give me that shit about homophobia and masculinity issues...thats what your mom told you to say all those yeas in high school when kids made fun of you...im just having some stupid fun...

its not cool to come on a message board and act like your smart by using words phrases like "a lack of intellect manifesting itself through belligerence"...go write a thesis or something...

the only chip I have on my shoulder is that I posted this grimey website and you jumped on it like I did something so wrong...

and the other chip I have is that I dont know he lineup...

now go fuck yourself...or your boyfriend...

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
what everyone is trying to tell you in a not-so-nice way, elpolloloco, is that THAT WEBSITE ISN'T ACTUALLY SELLING TICKETS FOR ANYTHING, YOU DUMB FUCK.

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
cmon...dont give me that shit about homophobia and masculinity issues...thats what your mom told you to say all those yeas in high school when kids made fun of you...im just having some stupid fun...

its not cool to come on a message board and act like your smart by using words phrases like "a lack of intellect manifesting itself through belligerence"...go write a thesis or something...

the only chip I have on my shoulder is that I posted this grimey website and you jumped on it like I did something so wrong...

and the other chip I have is that I dont know he lineup...

now go fuck yourself...or your boyfriend...

You are the gift who just keeps on giving....and hilarious with it too.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
No shit, Sherlock. You make it sound like South Florida isn't part of the US and this sort of shit is new - which part of scapling tickets remains such a mystery that this is surprising?

That probably sounds dickish and that's not my intent, but it's just pretty basic. These fuckers will know that they'll get tickets and are just playing the game.

If you chose to read into it, and I am not, but you could be of the opinion that these scumbags have inside knowledge and know that it will be a sell-out, hence the early advertising. And by inside knowledge, I don't mean that they necessarily have specific details, just whether the line-up is particularly strong, medium etc. As I said, that's one possible way to interpret things, but I wouldn't give them that much credit.

What it boils down to is that there will always be a market...

you are right, it happens all the time for some of the jam bands ... or even the bridge concert ... they know they will get some tics ... cr****

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 04:14 PM
ok bitchboyalien, whatever you say...this site is not selling tix:

http://www.stubhub.com/coachella-music-festival-tickets/coachella-music-festival--3-day-pass-indio-empire-polo-field-4-17-2009-735978/?ticket_id=169354249

ok now I feel better...

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
ok bitchboyalien, whatever you say...
ok now I feel better...

Is it the thought of all of this testosterone you think you smell that's making you feel better, in a warm and fuzzy way?

They must love you around South Beach....

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
you are right, it happens all the time for some of the jam bands ... or even the bridge concert ... they know they will get some tics ... cr****

Agreed - I don't know this for sure, but I suspect that a lot of the time they don't actually even have the tickets in hand - they simply have access to them when they want them (from since mysterious black market pool). In the past, I have spoken to a couple of 'brokers' (with no real intent to buy), and they always said that they would need to check will call back. Invariably, they did call back, having looked into it. Granted that was a few years ago and before the internet really took a strong hold on how tickets were bought and sold, but scaplers are scaplers and their MO doesn't really change...whether it's by phone, via the internet, or outside a venue.

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
ok bitchboyalien, whatever you say...this site is not selling tix:

http://www.stubhub.com/coachella-music-festival-tickets/coachella-music-festival--3-day-pass-indio-empire-polo-field-4-17-2009-735978/?ticket_id=169354249

ok now I feel better...

Well, if you're so sure they're selling tix, then send 'em your fuckin' money. See what happens. Are you starting to understand why this is retarded?

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
crazy spanish chicken, sick baby, shut the fuck up.

the original point is valid: someone already selling either the promise of/coachella tickets at above face value is a morally abject practice, to say the very least.

the original response is valid: anyone dumb enough to hand their money over to these people deserves to get ripped off, and this certainly isn't anything new (pre-emptive scalping, I mean)

my point:
pollo, if you're THAT pissed, just phish the bastards. set them up. or look up their IP, find out where they are, find out if the local laws permit scalping, and call their local PD. or send an e-mail to goldenvoice. but what in the eternally flying fuck do you want, or god forbid expect any of us to do about it? everyone else, with obvious exceptions, just chill out and stop being so immature. this is a message board about a beautiful music festival. not the lobby for halo.

lolwut
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
what if stubhub bought them all already and we all have to pay the 500 for 3 day tickets.

what if.. stubhub is known to do that shit.

meaning, did GV already sell them tickets??

canexplain
01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
the only time i went thru stubhub (and the only time i sold tics for a profit, honest he begged me) ... it was an auction for charity for a late night show at vegoose and superfly donated them .... face was about 250 for two ... i had the high bid of 175 .... 175 went to charity .... online i sold them for 800 dollars ... so stubhub didnt interfere at all and was just the method the charity went thru ... win (for the charity), win (for the dude that bought them for a wedding present), win (for canx) ... and again about the thread, sometimes the places say "we do not know now what the seats will be, but they will be in section xxx" ....delta used to be the big scalper here and most people hated him for that .... cr****

lindysindie
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I hate elpolloloco from way back, but honestly guys, you are jumping all over him for no reason. Yes there have already been a couple of threads about this same thing but I think you are so wound up waiting for the lineup that you've got what he is trying to say twisted. That being said...
It is fucked up that they are trying to sell tix to not-so-smart people when they do not physically have any tickets.

I am revoking this statement, but following replies made me giggle so I don't wanna delete it outright.

JustSteve
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
but they will have no problem buying them once they go on sale...this shit doesn't sell out in seconds.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 08:59 PM
thanks lindy...I really do appreciate it...I think we are all familiar with dirty scalpers...its the worst when an event sells out...there are lots of these "broker" sites but I have never seen one that would charge a card for tix that are not even on sale yet...I tried to find out if it was illegal but a website based out of the country can basically do whatever...

JustSteve
01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
why are you so invested in this? it's so inconsequential that for you to be spending time investigating it is just plain sad.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
im not that invested bro...it just struck me as odd...i go to a lot of shows and this was something I have never seen before...fucking a...btw oasis is sad...

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
and sorry if I care about shady practices when it comes to my favorite weekend of the year...it would be good if there was more sites that sold coachella tix for $469...

JustSteve
01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
and sorry if I care about shady practices when it comes to my favorite weekend of the year...it would be good if there was more sites that sold coachella tix for $469...

who says they are selling them? they may have them listed, but do you honestly think anyone is buying?

JustSteve
01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
btw oasis is sad...

wow, you got me there, good one :thu

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
who says they are selling them? they may have them listed, but do you honestly think anyone is buying?

God, THANK YOU. I've been trying to "subtly" point this out to the dumb bastard.

lindysindie
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I hate elpolloloco from way back.

thanks lindy...I really do appreciate it....

lol

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 09:27 PM
thats what I appreciated about it...even through the hate, you decided to help a nemesis while he was being gangraped by a bunch of pigeons!

lindysindie
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
any time i can save anything from pigeons i'll step up. dirty, nasty cockroaches of the sky

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
WtLXIatFW9A

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
any time i can save anything from pigeons i'll step up. dirty, nasty cockroaches of the sky

they are nasty...

PO5ifLzLYiU

tyler0js
01-20-2009, 09:55 PM
lol Jack Johnson return show would be massively funny

I think they should do it, just because they can.

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I think they should do it, just because they can.

you, sir, are a bona fide jerk of the highest caliber bar none, ipso facto.

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2009, 11:36 PM
I hate elpolloloco from way back, but honestly guys, you are jumping all over him for no reason.

Well, quite often that happens when you act like a complete arsehole. I didn't really take issue with what he was saying, but how he was saying it. Hurling random abuse at people (as he was doing so freely) is bound to result in you getting slack - especially so when...well...when you're not that bright.

Yes, it's the internet...very well spotted. We can say what we want, including expressions of surprise or frustration at leeches (scalpers) - but if you want to get into a discussion, then do that...rather than telling people to go and fuck themselves (or their boyfriends). You need to have a basic level of guile, charm, or wit to have any hope of pulling that off without looking like a complete moron, and it appears that all three of those seem to be missing in action where Ladyboy Lover is concerned.

RotationSlimWang
01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
(sic)

I wonder if that tried to format it as html?

lindysindie
01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
nil by mouth, you have a point, I was just tired of reading people bashing each other that I sort of jumped up and started trying to restore some peace (or something). Then you reminded me how much I hate this guy so...
I take it all back.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
awwww...im disapointed...you went back to the darkside...thats ok...you're all a bunch of bums anyhow...and i hope you have to buy tickets from a scalper...

nil_by_mouth
01-21-2009, 12:22 PM
awwww...im disapointed...you went back to the darkside...thats ok...you're all a bunch of bums anyhow...and i hope you have to buy tickets from a scalper...

See, that's almost funny....and you didn't even have to resort to 'queer'-type comments. Soon we'll all be singing, "Cumbaya"...

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
you're still gayer than cum on a mustache...

nil_by_mouth
01-21-2009, 01:08 PM

The cum can be wiped off, and the facial hair can be shaved off - but you...there's no helping someone who is such a fucking moron...

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
so you're saying that you can hide your gayity?

NiceArthur32
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM

if its your own cum, its not gay.

okay!

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
if its your own cum, its not gay.

okay!

haha! but no...that's still ubergay...

nil_by_mouth
01-21-2009, 02:00 PM
haha! but no...that's still ubergay...

Good to know you're an expert on what is, and what isn't gay.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
listen dick_by_mouth...I would like to extend a sincere apology...I did not know my alter ego was having an e-arguement with a true closet gay...I have nothing against you and I realize your problems are bigger than any stupidity I post on this message board...You think I'm dumb cause I posted my discontent with scalpers scalping without even having tickets in hand...I think you're dumb for coming after me...let's leave it at that ok?

now when is the fucking lineup coming out???

I got the page open for my flight with my finger on the mouse ready to purchase...but I set up an ultimatum for myself:

Outkast, Bowie, Soulwax, Gorillaz? Its automatic, Im there...

Killers, Coldplay, Smiths, McCartney? Skip...

nil_by_mouth
01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
listen dick_by_mouth...I would like to extend a sincere apology...I did not know my alter ego was having an e-arguement with a true closet gay...I have nothing against you and I realize your problems are bigger than any stupidity I post on this message board...You think I'm dumb cause I posted my discontent with scalpers scalping without even having tickets in hand...I think you're dumb for coming after me...let's leave it at that ok?

As I said, you really are hilarious, you "dumb fuck".