PDA

View Full Version : Monklish on The Smiths, again...

Trudeau
01-20-2009, 10:25 AM
It seems she may be reversing her initial insisting that The Smiths are absolutely not playing. Also, she continues to list Boards of Canada as a "probably."

Hmm..

http://monklish.blogspot.com/2009/01/lineup-monday-no-wait-tuesday.html

deeznutz
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
If BoC happens, I'll be the happiest man alive.

newalias
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Good Skepticism, although I think the headliners (budgeted) will still be greater than that.

I can see it looking something like this:

Morrissey

Flaming Lips - Killers

Radiohead - Neil Young

Moz will definitely be there...most likely as a Friday headliner or subheadliner on another day. (More like the latter)

malcolmjamalawesome
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM
You people don't know what the FUCK you're talking about.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-20-2009, 10:32 AM
OH FUCK

newalias
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I mostly talk out of my ass on these boards anyways.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM

I love you.

nationocean
01-20-2009, 10:35 AM

newalias
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I can haz lineup?

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm abso-fucking-lutely baffled as to why anyone gives two shits what some seemingly unaffiliated blogger says. The Smiths aren't playing but Moz probably is, seeing as his solo tour is headed toward So Cal right around Coachella? Groundbreaking... :rolleyes

bonerized
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/funkbutter/graphics/Funny/9_funny_bitch_stole_my_fish.jpg

newalias
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Cut that bitch little Leroy.

Trudeau
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm abso-fucking-lutely baffled as to why anyone gives two shits what some seemingly unaffiliated blogger says. The Smiths aren't playing but Moz probably is, seeing as his solo tour is headed toward So Cal right around Coachella? Groundbreaking... :rolleyes

http://www.nothingness.org/music/rhythm/images/sexshows/IDUW!_jpeg.jpg

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 10:51 AM

OH FUCK

I wonder if this slut Monkish is hot?

Does Wanger know her?

OH, speaking of which, Is he getting excited?

I personally and looking forward to the The 2009 Sahara Tent Line Up Is Sick/Official Dave Wang Meet Up Thread...

maybe just get it rolling now, since this will be The Year of the Sahara?

danteb
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
did this guy (monklish) predict anything accurately last year? just wondering.

Trudeau
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
did this guy (monklish) predict anything accurately last year? just wondering.

Yes, apparently she was quite accurate.

SFChrissy
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
blahhh...

paganman7
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
She was no more accurate than Scoop last year. Why aren't we sucking his dick?

The lineup was more transparent last year....bitch doesn't have superpowers.

Trudeau
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Time will tell.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I think Monklish is scoop. That blog is a pretty much a carbon copy of scoop's page with a few different small bands tossed in. The headliners were literally cut and paste from the Coachella page. There is even the same space missing between 'NEIL YOUNG' and the '(...' Cut and paste. Not to mention much of the terminology is the same too, ex: bitching about 'bad apples'.... just sayin....

neverclever
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I saw Paul Weller and thought "Why not The Jam?" .... eh, i wish.

mandelbaum
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I think Monklish is scoop. That blog is a pretty much a carbon copy of scoop's page with a few different small bands tossed in. The headliners were literally cut and paste from the Coachella page. There is even the same space missing between 'NEIL YOUNG' and the '(...' Cut and paste. Not to mention much of the terminology is the same too, ex: bitching about 'bad apples'.... just sayin....

In regards to your headliners comment, you might want to look at Monklish's latest post again and actually read it this time.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I've already seen it and read it the first time. But thanks.

mandelbaum
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I've already seen it and read it the first time. But thanks.

Ok. So are you just an idiot? Because she did not post any headliners.

LikeSpinningPlates
01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
so you guys still haven't figured it out, but your beloved Scooper is a ploy. GV knows distractions make for the best surprises. remember that in the future!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
so you guys still haven't figured it out, but your beloved Scooper is a ploy. GV knows distractions make for the best surprises. remember that in the future!

ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER! Do you speak it?

LikeSpinningPlates
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM

i think so?

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok. So are you just an idiot? Because she did not post any headliners.

First off, lets refrain from personal attacks on the internet, it's just poor form.

You know what, I really don't need to argue this, it's akin to chasing one's tail. Here's to the impending lineup being everything we wanted it to be, cheers.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
i think so?

so still firm on your Smiths/Radiohead/Killers headlining spot?

mandelbaum
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
You stand corrected. Cheers.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes If it makes you happy, sure.

LikeSpinningPlates
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
so still firm on your Smiths/Radiohead/Killers headlining spot?

in the words of michael scott, yesh.

paganman7
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM

LOL!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
in the words of michael scott, yesh.

The Killers ain't headliner...or Dancer for that matter...

newalias
01-20-2009, 11:50 AM

ZING.

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM

JUST FABULOUS!!!

http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/The-Killers-2.jpg

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Ha, The Killers' music really isn't that dancey is it?! And they can't headline Sat, just can't! I refuse to believe GV would stoop that low, bad economy or not...

Mr. E
01-20-2009, 11:58 AM
JUST FABULOUS!!!

http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/The-Killers-2.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5967/franciskitoespatohrh9.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Ha, The Killers' music really isn't that dancey is it?! And they can't headline Sat, just can't! I refuse to believe GV would stoop that low, bad economy or not...

they won't/

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I like how "Fabulous!" guy is being birthed from a supernova

Mr. E
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
LOL

beavington
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I would like the Moldy Peaches to be there, that would be great.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I like how "Fabulous!" guy is being birthed from a supernova

A rainbow supernova for maximum effect! Brilliant!

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Gah! No new additions to that thing. Oh well, I'm sure it's for the better. At least she had more to say about potential upper tier bands. It looks like it's going to be a great lineup in that area of the poster.

That blog is a pretty much a carbon copy of scoop's page with a few different small bands tossed in. The headliners were literally cut and paste from the Coachella page.

Hahahahaha... well someone didn't read the whole thing... it's okay, I forgive you. ;)

skavenbrew
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM

Como?

Memorial_07
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Morrissey is playing.

Meh...would've preferred Smiths but if he plays "Is it really so strange?" I'll be fine

:)

garrett222
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
If it were

Smiths
Radiohead
Killers

everyone would be happy.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Isn't boarderwoozel the one she made fun of in the blog way back when? I think it's possible he's still hung up over that...

paganman7
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
If it were

Smiths
Radiohead
Killers

everyone would be happy.

I'd miss all three of those headliners.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Not really, but it was a surprise to see a blogger deem some random message board member's comments (mine) important enough to comment on. IDK, that blog just looks like an extension of everything that goes on around here...

At any rate, as I've stated in other threads, I'm more than willing to be wrong and will say so if thats the case. But thus far, there is nothing that indicates this blogger has any more credibility than the next person, thats all.

But I really hope they're right about the Chemical Brothers. That would make my Coachella.

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 12:58 PM
IDK, that blog just looks like an extension of everything that goes on around here...

QFT, but everyone gives it more credibility because that user went out and concentrated things into a blogspot account.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Well as far as I'm concerned she has called on at least 8-10 bands to play Coachella, that later had their dates announced, with obvious Coachella gaps in them, that lead to them being of course added to the "confirmed" list here... but I don't follow this stuff very closely, so I who knows. I have been reading Monklish for quite some time now though, and I was always skeptical. But I did think it was strange how many small insignificant longshot bands she mentioned that no one else mentioned. It was later, though, when those bands announced their tour dates that pretty much confirmed them, I was no longer a skeptic of Monklish.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I would be in heaven for Radiohead/Smiths/Killers (Killers night I would be in the Sahara).

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
QFT, but everyone gives it more credibility because that user went out and concentrated things into a blogspot account.

No, she definitely has connections to the industry, it's pretty obvious... she does not work for AEG Live, as far as I know, because she openly claims to "only knowing so much," and she simply gathers her information from asking questions. But there's no way she could have just predicted all of those smaller obscure bands back then before they announced their tour dates.

dorkfish
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
No, she definitely has connections to the industry, it's pretty obvious... she does not work for AEG Live, as far as I know, because she openly claims to "only knowing so much," and she simply gathers her information from asking questions. But there's no way she could have just predicted all of those bands back then before they announced their tour dates.
^Is prolly Monklish

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, thats a pretty solid indicator. Meh, more than anything else I think the anxiety of the impending lineup is making me really testy. It's like I'm walking around the boards with clenched fists... soon enough...

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Monklish is like one of those cold reader psychics that are exceptionally good at reading a situation and figuring out what is most likely true. Then they throw a bunch of predictions out there. Three come true. And people are like "how could she have known my dead grandmother used to sing to me?"

Reading over that again, it makes more sense in my head. But whatever.

nationocean
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
No, she definitely has connections to the industry, it's pretty obvious... she does not work for AEG Live, as far as I know, because she openly claims to "only knowing so much," and she simply gathers her information from asking questions. But there's no way she could have just predicted all of those smaller obscure bands back then before they announced their tour dates.

god you're stupid.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
If it were

Smiths
Radiohead
Killers

everyone would be happy.

No I would probably skip all three headliners.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Monklish is like one of those cold reader psychics that are exceptionally good at reading a situation and figuring out what is most likely true. Then they throw a bunch of predictions out there. Three come true. And people are like "how could she have known my dead grandmother used to sing to me?"

Reading over that again, it makes more sense in my head. But whatever.

I would think that too if it wasn't that she has gotten 3 right out of 20 that she predicted. Because at this point it's the majority of bands that are listed. But, if this is the case, I guess we'll see come lineup time next week...

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
god you're stupid.

And it ain't easy being stupid, lemme tell ya.

Boourns
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
How about...
Friday:
??????

Saturday:
The Killers->The Smiths

Sunday:
Neil Young->Paul McCartney

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM
How about...
Friday:
My Bloody Valentine->Radiohead

Saturday:
The Killers->The Smiths

Sunday:
Neil Young->Paul McCartney

fixed

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I almost wish the board was just shut down for the week or so before the line up came. That would make time go a lot faster for most of us.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:21 PM
True, but unfortunately I'm a glutton for pain, so here I am...

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:22 PM
What is monklish's board name?

Boourns
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
What is monklish's board name?

nationocean is 100 times less believable than monklish.

tyles
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Monkish blog is full of it. A majority of the supposed info is stuff seems to be taken from this board. Monkish and CoS share the same tastes, but at least CoS admits it takes a lot from this board. To me, Monkish is about reliable as the Weekly World News, and mostly, it's just a lot of b.s. to promote an otherwise obscure blog.

Boourns
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Monkish blog is full of it. A majority of the supposed info is stuff seems to be taken from this board. Monkish and CoS share the same tastes, but at least CoS admits it takes a lot from this board. To me, Monkish is about reliable as the Weekly World News, and mostly, it's just a lot of b.s. to promote an otherwise obscure blog.

Even still, at least monklish doesn't delete every post 1 minute after submitting it to give her/him/itself an artificial mystique.

Unless they are both the same person, of course.

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Even still, at least monklish doesn't delete every post 1 minute after submitting it to give her/him/itself an artificial mystique.

Plus nationocean always says stuff like "i thought you were one of the people who knew what was REALLY going on"

or he lumps us all into an inferior group like "you are all just embarrassing yourself"

he's cool like that, I think both nation and ocean are a lot of fun. They're like awesome mystery writers.

tyles
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM

What is it they say? Guilty 'til proven innocent? Both of them (or the singular entity) are guilty until this here line up is official.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
How wonderfully clarifying the lineup will be on so many levels...

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
All I can say is I can't wait to make an official "I Was Right About Monklish Thread" and then post a video of The Hives' Hate to Say I Told You So. :D

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Haha, its a little warped but I'm looking forward to seeing who was BSing or not almost as much as the lineup itself. There are at least a half dozen people who are swearing up and down that everyone from Radiohead to Bowie will be there.

Side note- I'm seeing BSS for the first time on Feb. 5th. Pretty excited about it too :D

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Just make sure to note who is saying what. Lots of peeps are going to back pedal when that line up comes out.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I told you guys all along Paul McCartney was going to be there!!!

pfft

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
I told you guys all along Paul McCartney was going to be there!!!

pfft

you owe me some chinese food..

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I've been intending to do that but haven't really got around to it. Scoop has listed pretty much every headliner possibility at one point or another anyway... But I will remember the important ones.

paganman7
01-20-2009, 01:57 PM
you owe me some chinese food..

And me a beer.

patsfan5454
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
i will be waiting to say i told ya so when Neil Young is NOT a headliner!

hendrixfan143
01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
am I the only one who thinks paul is a BAD idea

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 02:03 PM

Nah, a lot of peeps been saying that. There was some talk about having him come to sell churros.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Nope. I agree. The Beatles songs would be nice but I think GV can do better. It's just a little yawn...

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Haha, its a little warped but I'm looking forward to seeing who was BSing or not almost as much as the lineup itself. There are at least a half dozen people who are swearing up and down that everyone from Radiohead to Bowie will be there.

Side note- I'm seeing BSS for the first time on Feb. 5th. Pretty excited about it too :D

I'm interested in that too. The My Bloody Valentine hoopla was very funny to me in '08.

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
There will be a large electronic artist/DJ as one of the nights headliners.

scoop49er
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
if everyone did their homework, you would know the monklish ripped off half the list we came up with and has no courage to release what she/he/it thinks the headliners are.... its called cover your ass. pathetic... why not just say here are the 3 and lets see what happens.... i removed the headliners from our list because new speculation has our headiner predicitons porbably wrong. but at least we try to go for it... monklish is fucking weak and im calling it out... either name your 3 or leave the board... fucking fake-ass wanna be board clone mutha fucker! i say it with love and 100 percent board nerdness! :)

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
MomJeans of course.

rage patton
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I would much rather have Neil Young headline than Paul McCartney. I actually think Neil Young is more headliner worthy than Paul McCartney.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 02:37 PM
if everyone did their homework, you would know the monklish ripped off half the list we came up with and has no courage to release what she/he/it thinks the headliners are.... its called cover your ass. pathetic... why not just say here are the 3 and lets see what happens.... i removed the headliners from our list because new speculation has our headiner predicitons porbably wrong. but at least we try to go for it... monklish is fucking weak and im calling it out... either name your 3 or leave the board... fucking fake-ass wanna be board clone mutha fucker! i say it with love and 100 percent board nerdness! :)

Well, she does write in a much more coherent manner than you scooper, and for us casual followers of this lineup-predicting madness, that means the world.

benhur
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM

yeah scoop monk just totally dissed ure predictions....u gotta beef up boy

Mr. E
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
lets ban MONKLISH

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I would much rather have Neil Young headline than Paul McCartney. I actually think Neil Young is more headliner worthy than Paul McCartney.

Neil Young himself would disagree with you on that one Joshy....

lindysindie
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Neil Young himself would disagree with you on that one Joshy....

definitely

young would be more worth than maybe ringo, but definitely not paul

wunderbrad55
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.artfagcity.com/wordpress_core/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/lolcat.jpg

betao
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Personally, I have faith in and believe Monklish. It's just a feeling I have.

Sleepingrock
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Neil young as a solo act headliner seems much better though. With the Beatles it was a team effort though for Neil young has been in the spot light and has been very awesome as a team ( Crosby stills nash and young) and on his own, his solo work is amazing....

drewoftherushes
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Neil young as a solo act headliner seems much better though. With the Beatles it was a team effort though for Neil young has been in the spot light and has been very awesome as a team ( Crosby stills nash and young) and on his own, his solo work is amazing....

did anyone understand this?

bug on your lip
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
whoooaaaa

Monklish had Big Audio Dynamite in the reunion segment..

B.A.D. would be so fun to see

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 07:44 PM
CSNY was such an awesome and fun show on so many levels.

KEEP ON ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD as a 20 minute encore was amazing. he would absolutely kill it...

but certainly not more so than Paul playing a ton of beatles tracks in the warm desert night air.

Josh - dont be so canadian with that call. i hate it when you do that.

jtovar21
01-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Looks like Monklish wants some face to face time with scooper.

Monklish said...

i want to talk to scoop from the coachella board. someone have him/her email me: monklish@gmail.com

January 20, 2009 8:28 PM

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3357664955031611612&postID=4489691906855177685

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-20-2009, 09:27 PM
gag me with a fork jtovar21, stop giving them attention

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKKKKLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!

hammerandasickle
01-20-2009, 09:40 PM
JA3Om9WjgpQ

boyalien0
01-20-2009, 09:44 PM
JA3Om9WjgpQ

Dude. I HAVE to see this movie, like right now.

pocket
01-20-2009, 10:29 PM

ive seen both, neil young 4 times at the bridge school shows and paul once at amoeba in la and enjoyed paul alot more, IMO.