PDA

View Full Version : The Killers...no thanks

CoachellaFriendly
01-20-2009, 09:52 AM
The Killers had a decent thing going for them when they were on the lineup in 2004 in mini print on the poster. They are one of the lamest bands on earth as of now...and to headline a festival makes me want to vomit in my mouth...and I am surprised I haven't seen anyone else say anything on the matter for all signs are pointing towards them to be the festival headlining whore's this year. If they headline Saturday night, like they're perfectly presumed to according to their schedule,...please put the Chemical Brothers in the tent at the same time as them..,to fill the gap that is full of Killers shit. God help us

M Sparks
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
394 identical threads weren't enough?

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
T They are one of the lamest bands on earth as of now...and to headline a festival makes me want to vomit in my mouth

Maybe when you're older, you ll have real problems to deal with and will learn to deal with these issues like a normal person. If a band possibly headlining a festival makes you sick, then you should definitely get to a doctor ASAP. Pussy.

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
We should really talk about this some more.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
JEALOUSYYYYYYYYY TURNING SAINTS INTOOOOOO THE SEEEAAAAAAA

donkey sex
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
"Smile like you mean it...(ewwwewww, ewwewww)"

CoachellaFriendly
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Maybe when you're older, you ll have real problems to deal with and will learn to deal with these issues like a normal person. If a band possibly headlining a festival makes you sick, then you should definitely get to a doctor ASAP. Pussy.

First off...I am older...second off as a musician, I am very concerned as to who will be headlining Coachella and third off "vomiting in my mouth" is a figure of speech you jack ass. I am sorry you have real problems to deal with in your cubical but I decided to take the artistic route and not give two fucks about things you call "real problems." I will stand my ground...The Killers headlining Coachella on Saturday night this year as opposed to Prince headlining that day last year does in fact steer me the wrong way and to not agree with me just goes to show how lame your taste in music is. You should of just agreed as opposed to being the "Dad" on the message board who claims that there are "real problems" as opposed to The Killers headlining. You are in a Coachella message board you fuck...go talk about your "real problems" to someone who cares. Thanks :)

malcolmjamalawesome
01-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Why would you as a musician be any more concerned as to who headlined Coachella than a non-musician?

Todfilm
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Geee, maybe if you complain enough Goldenvoice will see the error of their ways and tear up the contract they already have with The Killers to headline. And maybe Jews and Palestinians will dance naked in the streets of Gaza together drinking Coke and singing "We Are The World."

There ain't gonna be another Rage Against The Machine or Radiohead performance at Coachella this year. It's time to move on. At least wait until the lineup is announced before you start bitching and whining.

donkey sex
01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I hope Rush headlines.

- Muso

garrett222
01-20-2009, 10:32 AM
STYX FOR 2009

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
dude, like it or not the Killers are a pretty big band. I saw them last month and they played a solid hour of hit singles. Not many bands can do that.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
They don't even have an hour of hit singles.

And about 200 bands could do that.

Todfilm
01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Maybe they just played those 3 or 4 songs over and over for an hour?

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Somebody Told Me
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Jenny Was A Friend
All These Things I've Done
When You Were Young
Bones
Read My Mind
For Reasons Unknown
Tranquilize
Shadowplay
Human
Spaceman

in a live setting that's an hour, easy.

Also, get out of here with your '200 bands could do that' bullshit, throwing out arbitrary numbers and what not.

newalias
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/pics/98pjeopardy1.jpg

Ummm........pass.

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 10:46 AM
They don't even have an hour of hit singles.

And about 200 bands could do that.

remember when Black Star closed out the main stage a few years ago? They had 1 hit.

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
remember when Black Star closed out the main stage a few years ago? They had 1 hit.

Yeah, and remember when BlackStarr went on after the headliner and the majority of people had left? They closed out the stage but they did not headline. Not to say that they weren't good, because they were, but they weren't the headliners.

CoachellaFriendly
01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Why would you as a musician be any more concerned as to who headlined Coachella than a non-musician?

Well, for instance a non-musician goes because they still enjoy listening to music and watching performances. Anyone who goes that is a musician outside of coachella goes for the same reasons but they're also there to get inspired and learn from top artist around the world...so that when musicians go home they are inspired to write tons of new songs. The Killers just wont do that for me unfortunately...but it wont keep me from going...because just like Fat Boy Slim playing at the same time as Jack Johnson last year...maybe the Chemical Brothers will be playing during The Killers :)

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Somebody Told Me
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Jenny Was A Friend
All These Things I've Done
When You Were Young
Bones
Read My Mind
For Reasons Unknown
Tranquilize
Shadowplay
Human
Spaceman

in a live setting that's an hour, easy.

Also, get out of here with your '200 bands could do that' bullshit, throwing out arbitrary numbers and what not.

this is the first time someone has listed out all their "hit singles," i had forgotten they made that much rubbish.

deeznutz
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
At least if the killers play, that'll be one less late night conflict I won't have to worry about.

stephen22
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Somebody Told Me
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
When You Were Young
Bones
Human

fixed.

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
First off...I am older...
Oh cool. You're old.

second off as a musician, I am very concerned as to who will be headlining Coachella

Are you concerned that you may never headline Coachella as a musician?

third off "vomiting in my mouth" is a figure of speech you jack ass.

No its not.

I am sorry you have real problems to deal with in your cubical but I decided to take the artistic route and not give two fucks about things you call "real problems." I will stand my ground.

How did you do this exactly. Oh, and thank you for expressing concern for my problems. Means the world. Thank you, boo.

..The Killers headlining Coachella on Saturday night this year as opposed to Prince headlining that day last year does in fact steer me the wrong way and to not agree with me just goes to show how lame your taste in music is.

1) I never said I liked The Killers.
2) My only concern was for your well being. I just dont want you to puke in your mouth.
3) According to Rolling Stone, "Coachella Organizers have pledged not to sign high-cost headliners like 2008's Prince and Roger Waters. - "It was getting out of control, we're as price conscious as we have ever been".

"Similarly, all the top festivals, including Bonnaroo, Coachella and Lollapalooza will freeze prices at 2008 levels, according to promoters"

They can't get Prince-sized headliners this year. Wait until next year. In the meantime, go express your artistic whatever, mannnn....

You should of just agreed as opposed to being the "Dad" on the message board who claims that there are "real problems" as opposed to The Killers headlining.
If Im the dad, that makes you old as fuck.

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
My point is that the people who are saying the Killers can't possibly headline seem to be saying so out of personal preference. Right now the Killers are big enough to headline, like it or not. If Tool is big enough, if Bjork is big enough, if Coldplay is big enough then so are the Killers.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Here's a shot of thinnerair's fatherly skills.

http://www.peoplecorporation.org/post_images/1744_Worst-Father.jpg

BeHereNOW
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
i didn't had any problem last year missing the headliner of friday, i wont this year either if killers play. there will be plenty good music around to see instead.

thread closed.

tHEdARKsIDE
01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
i have no problem with the Killers being a SUB-headliner... that is all.

Same goes for Morrissey or Neil Young... & let's just not have Coldplay back at all.

weezy f baby
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Who cares if the Killers play? There are 4 other stages of music. Last year, the main stage was visited only thrice by me. Meanwhile, I spent most of my time in the Sahara Tent. If the Killers play, that just means less people rocking out to LCD or Chem Bros. or whomever they get to play at the same time. Regardless, someone cool will play in their stead.

Sincerely,
Greatest Rapper Alive

TomAz
01-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Who cares if the Killers play? There are 4 other stages of music. Last year, the main stage was visited only thrice by me. Meanwhile, I spent most of my time in the Sahara Tent. If the Killers play, that just means less people rocking out to LCD or Chem Bros. or whomever they get to play at the same time. Regardless, someone cool will play in their stead.

Sincerely,
Greatest Rapper Alive

I bet you got beat up a lot when you were younger.

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM

Sincerely,
Greatest Rapper Alive

AHMAHGAH!!! THIS IS TOTALLY A CLUE THAT LIL WAYNE IS GONNA PLAY WITH THRICE!!!

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
My point is that the people who are saying the Killers can't possibly headline seem to be saying so out of personal preference. Right now the Killers are big enough to headline, like it or not.

Agreed.

If Tool is big enough, if Bjork is big enough, if Coldplay is big enough then so are the Killers.
...ANNNND ya lost me.
Not to start a 'who is bigger' argument, but you cant compare the accomplishments of The Killers to that of Coldplay or Tool or Bjork. Thats just retarded.
The Killers are working on their first major headlining trek of their career. The other bands you mentioned have been doing it for over a decade.

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Here's a shot of thinnerair's fatherly skills.

http://www.peoplecorporation.org/post_images/1744_Worst-Father.jpg

Whateva. My babies LOVE me.

sonofhal
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Doesn't that Dubya loving fucker Flowers have to quit along with the rest of the Republican scummers?

Winterwooskiee
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
i don't like the killers but i'm not gonna waste my time bitching about it. if the killers do headline, or sub-headline, then, that gives me the opportunity to not worry about any conflicts for that hour and am free to check out some other band.

sonofhal
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Way too logical. Get with the flaming already!

thinnerair
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Way too logical. Get with the flaming already!

Dude, you are FLAMING! Flame on, flamer.

kpcamps
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
If you listen to the killers acutall albums and not there singles you would realize they are a good band. Sams town was such a good cd and so is parts of there new one. Yeah human is such a stupid song but listen to dustland fairytail and you will realize that they are a much better option then coldgay.

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 12:03 PM
...ANNNND ya lost me.
Not to start a 'who is bigger' argument, but you cant compare the accomplishments of The Killers to that of Coldplay or Tool or Bjork. Thats just retarded.
The Killers are working on their first major headlining trek of their career. The other bands you mentioned have been doing it for over a decade.

I'm not looking for a who's bigger argument either, and you're right; Tool and Bjork had long careers that built up to their headlining spots, but neither of them has been particularly huge as far as the mainstream is concerned. As for Coldplay, I'd say that the Killers are now about on par with how successful Coldplay was when they headlined (minus the grammy's and what not). It's not about quality, I'm just saying you can't go 45 minutes without hearing the Killers on the radio. It wouldn't be a huge coup or anything, but this year, right now, the Killers have the popularity to headline a major festival assuming the rest of the line up is solid.

Jman4321
01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm just saying you can't go 45 minutes without hearing the Killers on the radio.

This is like a punishment in Dante's Inferno.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24367

obzen
01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
The Killers makes me want to vomit in my mouth...

i concur with this rhetoric-except for this,
when you yack it-dont hold it in- let it all out.

weezy f baby
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
whoa they have 4 albums? who knew...

Quadromarshia
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Somebody Told Me
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
When You Were Young

Done and done.

im so indie
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
I just confirmed that they are in fact big enough to headline.

Went to amazon.com to see their 4 albums (i thought it was 3), selected "Music" from the pull down list, typed "the" and "the killers" was first on the list of suggestions.

I don't like it, but I think they're our Saturday headliner.

BeHereNOW
01-20-2009, 05:44 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24367

jaja no chingues shalah

meyouseek
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I was gonna spend some time hating on the Killers and that steaming pile of a song playing every other second on the radio... but then I remembered something. If the Killers are stinking it up on the mainstage I'll have that much more room in whichever tent I'm at. Ahhhh, bring on the Killers.

WillyWonka5497
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
First off...I am older...second off as a musician, I am very concerned as to who will be headlining Coachella and third off "vomiting in my mouth" is a figure of speech you jack ass. I am sorry you have real problems to deal with in your cubical but I decided to take the artistic route and not give two fucks about things you call "real problems." I will stand my ground...The Killers headlining Coachella on Saturday night this year as opposed to Prince headlining that day last year does in fact steer me the wrong way and to not agree with me just goes to show how lame your taste in music is. You should of just agreed as opposed to being the "Dad" on the message board who claims that there are "real problems" as opposed to The Killers headlining. You are in a Coachella message board you fuck...go talk about your "real problems" to someone who cares. Thanks :)

replace musician with magician every time it appears in this post.

Dr.Strangeluv
01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
AS LONG AS THEY DONT HEADLINE
ILL BE FINE
THINK OF IT THIS WAY..
IF THEY'RE THERE THEN MORE PEOPLE WILL GO SEE THEM GIVING YOU MORE
ROOM TO SEE ANOTHER BAND

Dr.Strangeluv
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I was gonna spend some time hating on the Killers and that steaming pile of a song playing every other second on the radio... but then I remembered something. If the Killers are stinking it up on the mainstage I'll have that much more room in whichever tent I'm at. Ahhhh, bring on the Killers.

TRUE DAT