PDA

View Full Version : Eminem

braundiggity
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Nobody seems to be mentioning him, but new album on the way, big time hip hop artist, which is a genre nobody's speculating about it seems.

I doubt I'd see him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-19-2009, 08:37 AM
He's a lock.

arya.
01-19-2009, 08:38 AM
as long as he brought Dre with him.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
He'd have to headline and it's kind of a strange headliner for Coachella, being that he's very pop-rap. No one speculates about hip hop anymore because last year they had about 4 acts, and also people on this board generally aren't big on hip hop unfortunately.

PLURallovermyface
01-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Detox >>> Relapse

goodgrl
01-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I thought he pulled a brando and was on some island somewhere, eatin' krispy kremes.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I thought he pulled a brando and was on some island somewhere, eatin' krispy kremes.

lolz

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
He'd have to headline and it's kind of a strange headliner for Coachella, being that he's very pop-rap. No one speculates about hip hop anymore because last year they had about 4 acts, and also people on this board generally aren't big on hip hop unfortunately.

But they LOVE Outkast on here.

They had more than four hip hop acts last year, but not very good acts. M.I.A., Aesop Rock, Murs, The Cool Kids, dan le sac vs. scroobius pip, Kid Sister and maybe a couple more.

If you notice, most of the "in the know" peeps are short on hip hop rumors. Mostly, because they aren't all that "in the know" and they're just posting about shit they want to see at Coachella.

Also, Eminem at Coachella would be strange.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 08:56 AM
you're stretching a little with mia and dan le sac no? I don't know Dan le sac v pip well so maybe I'm wrong.

There was also Little Brother and...some other mediocre act can't remember.

But compare it to the first year or two at Coachella where half the lineup was hip-hop, it's crazy how people denounce it on the board now.

You're spot on about Outkast and the rumors.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Good call on Mia. She's not true hip hop. Dan le sac is just as hip hop as the streets or roots manuva. They should bring back Little Brother EVERY year.

I think I've posted this before, but here's my hip hop wish list:

-Public Enemy
-Q-Tip (if not Tribe)
-Clipse
-The Mighty Underdogs
-Atmosphere
-9th Wonder in some capacity
-Lil Wayne a la Kanye in '06 (fuck the haters)
-Little Brother (should be there every year)
-And some underground cats I don't know about yet.

seanzie
01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Jay-Z was a headliner at Glastonbury last year (although it was the first in 15 years not to sell out in advance).

I would definitely be down with seeing Jay-Z as a major subheadliner.

Jay-Z>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eminem

arya.
01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
A Tribe Called Quest pleasethanksbye.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Eminem ???? thats almost as bad as Britney Spears.

Few artists in hip-hop can do their thing live, let alone the horrible sound quality that comes with festival hip-hop. I'd hate to see goldenvoice break the bank for this guy.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Jay-Z was a headliner at Glastonbury last year (although it was the first in 15 years not to sell out in advance).

Jay-Z>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eminem

Uh yeah, obvioulsy Jay or Nas would be incredible.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:08 AM
...Immortal Technique?

Jon Blazed
01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I haven't heard the new album but I am all white with slim shady...

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Good call on Mia. She's not true hip hop. Dan le sac is just as hip hop as the streets or roots manuva.
Hahaha so...not hip hop. Let's just say there were about 5 rap acts last year, that'll make it clearer.

They should bring back Little Brother EVERY year.
You know, I thought he was a bit boring. As a live hiphop act he's about as middle of the road as it gets.

I remember who the other mediocre guy was, it was the guy from Living Legends....luckyiam, that's his name.

I think I've posted this before, but here's my hip hop wish list:

-Public Enemy
-Q-Tip (if not Tribe)
-Clipse
-The Mighty Underdogs
-Atmosphere
-9th Wonder in some capacity
-Lil Wayne a la Kanye in '06 (fuck the haters)
-Little Brother (should be there every year)
-And some underground cats I don't know about yet.

All good, I'll continue to hate despite your warning, Lil Wayne I have no idea why people like....oh yeah Pitchfork. I don't think that's why you like him necessarily, but for some reason...really, there's nothing special about him. He invented the phrase "bling bling" that's about it.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Few artists in hip-hop can do their thing live, let alone the horrible sound quality that comes with festival hip-hop. I'd hate to see goldenvoice break the bank for this guy.

You've obviously never been to Rock the Bells. It's not hard to do hip-hop live as long as you have good breath control. Eminem would have mediocre breath control and a hype man to help him out (see Eminem Show tour DVD).

I don't think Eminem would be very Coachella and not a very good headliner, but I would watch, enjoy and be very excited personally. And I could probably get my brother to come.

I'm not saying hip-hop can't sell Coachella. We've had the Beastie Boys headline and acts like BlackStar, Gang Starr and The Roots have come. Eminem in particular is just very pop and would be kind of a strange pick. Jay-Z would be a great headliner, could never subheadline, he's too big. Jay-Z is pop too but has credibility where Eminem doesn't. Maybe if Eminem comes back with an album where he doesn't sing about ass and gay people half the time and diss on everyone possible the other half.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Lil Wayne, while he doesn't rap about anything of substance, lays down some of the best word play in the game. Compared to most mainstream, southern rappers, he's downright smart with his rhymes. I like his flow, his drawl and that stuff. That's not to say he's not overrated, because he is. But I want to see him live trying to play guitar.

Pitchfork is bizarre to me. They pick out certain rappers and decide "these are the ones indie kids should like." And it's not even the hip hop you would think. It's like Wu Tang Clang, Ghostface and Weezy. Weird. I'd love to hear some insight on how that group has become rap for college kids. They are all badass, but why them? Common, Mos and Talib, that makes more sense.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Also, a juiced crowd is a major requirement for good live hip hop.

seanzie
01-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Wow I made it in someone's sig.

I'm really moving up in the world, thanks psycobeta.

btw, I almost used that same David Brent avitar, nice work.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Lil Wayne, while he doesn't rap about anything of substance, lays down some of the best word play in the game. Compared to most mainstream, southern rappers, he's downright smart with his rhymes. I like his flow, his drawl and that stuff. That's not to say he's not overrated, because he is. But I want to see him live trying to play guitar.

Pitchfork is bizarre to me. They pick out certain rappers and decide "these are the ones indie kids should like." And it's not even the hip hop you would think. It's like Wu Tang Clang, Ghostface and Weezy. Weird. I'd love to hear some insight on how that group has become rap for college kids. They are all badass, but why them? Common, Mos and Talib, that makes more sense.

Ghostface is part of Wu-Tang Clan. But Wu-Tang is real hip-hop, they flow, they have superior beats, they're legendary by now. I'm cool with Pitchfork if they promote simply the best music, or the best indie music.

But that's not always the case. Lil' Wayne does not put out the best hip-hop songs and neither does Kanye West, they're both very average and somehow appeal to a wide audience. And look, now that Pitchfork has hailed Lil' Wayne as today's only rapper whose album they bother reviewing, Rolling Stone and Spin put him as their 2nd or 3rd top album of the year.

Pitchfork is good for promoting guys like Jay Electronica and The Cool Kids, but they pick and choose who they like.

Edit: We should be together seanzie

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Ghostface is part of Wu-Tang Clan. But Wu-Tang is real hip-hop, they flow, they have superior beats, they're legendary by now. I'm cool with Pitchfork if they promote simply the best music, or the best indie music.

Tell me more about this Wu....TIng? Clan? You speak of. They sound fascinating.....

seanzie
01-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Tell me more about this Wu....TIng? Clan? You speak of. They sound fascinating.....

No Problem, Wu Tang is a brother sister duo from Detroit. They created the genre, doo-wop/altcountry. They were sued by the artificial juice company, Tang, so they had to change their name. They are now called the Ting Tings, because 'ting' is their favorite sound.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:42 AM
wuuuuuu

taaaang

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Haha, RIP ODB. Do you dudes remember when the Wu was involved in that gun running scandal?

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought the sound was really bad at both the Rock the Bells events I've been to. Sorry. I love hip-hop but it just seems to blow in an open air festival environment.

I wouldnt mind seeing MF Doom and Immortal Technique in a tent however...

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Coachella hip hop is way better in the tents, especially for cats just starting out.

HOWEVER, I will debate you that hip hop always blows in an open air festival environment.

The Roots.

I would agree with you that hip hop TENDS to blow in an open air festival environment. Real talent works past that.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I've been twice to Rock the Bells and still hold to my original statement. Breath control or not, live hip-hop in a festival setting just isn't that great.

Well you said live hip-hop doesn't work and added that the festival setting doesn't make it any better. Which is different. But anyway, as long as you have quality sound the rapper is worth two shits, it works well enough. By the way if Jay-z were to perform I believe he would have a band, so if that's what you're concerned about then don't worry.

And does anybody respect the hype man? He just makes noise.

Flavor Flav is glaring at his computer screen right now.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:51 AM

I was only pointing out that you mentioned Ghostface separately when he's not separate, and that promoting Wu-Tang is justified while Lil' Wayne is not.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
The Roots play instruments.... totally different than a DJ set

fukleberry
E-40 anyone? :dumbo

ZackQ
I was only pointing out that you mentioned Ghostface separately when he's not separate, and that promoting Wu-Tang is justified while Lil' Wayne is not.

Haha, I know Ghostface is in the Wu. I mentioned him seperately because they love to review his solo stuff. I like that they review all this stuff. I just think it's weird to see a Ghostface album reviewed next to Fleet Foxes and Bright Eyes. Cool if the kids dig it.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Vallejo

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 09:58 AM
hahahaha Flava Flav...

he's more popular than Public Enemy these days...sad.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 09:58 AM
The Roots play instruments.... totally different than a DJ set

It's still hip hop, and it still kicks ass in a festival setting. Lupe Fiasco and Kanye performed with live bands at Lolla too, and that was good hip hop for a festival setting. DJ sets are a lot harder to do well in a festival setting.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Haha, I know Ghostface is in the Wu. I mentioned him seperately because they love to review his solo stuff. I like that they review all this stuff. I just think it's weird to see a Ghostface album reviewed next to Fleet Foxes and Bright Eyes. Cool if the kids dig it.

Yeah I guess that's true. It's all good as long as they're consistent. It doesn't make sense to review Ghostface and blow off Blackalicious or someone. It doesn't make sense to praise Robyn's new semi-electro sound and not say a word about Silverchair, who has gone through a much more impressive makeover since the 90s.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 10:00 AM
hahahaha Flava Flav...

he's more popular than Public Enemy these days...sad.

I went to Rock the Bells in 07 and Public Enemy performed, and at the end Flavor Flav got on the mic and promoted the upcoming season of Flavor of Love. I couldn't believe it.

menikmati
01-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I went to Rock the Bells in 07 and Public Enemy performed, and at the end Flavor Flav got on the mic and promoted the upcoming season of Flavor of Love. I couldn't believe it.

That's disgusting.

Blinken
01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah it was horrible, he also mentioned it at least once in the middle of the set.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
I like to think Chuck smacked him in the side of the head backstage.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
You're right psycho.... i didnt correctly phrase that.

Small venue hip-hop is great. A few shows i've seen here that recently that i liked: Wu-Tang, Brother Ali and Immortal Technique... I also got free tickets to Ice Cube..horrible.

Hip-hop is just so hit or miss. I find that unlike artists in other genres, I dont really recognize what I'm hearing live. Maybe i've just seen bad shows... but In general, i like the recorded product way better than live.

archimme
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh good god no.

Coachella Bound
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Atmosphere
Eyedea & Abilities
Lupe
Themselves
Q-Tip (still trying tget the rest of Tribe)
Immortal Tech
Del
PHARCYDE!!!!!

Id be happy with this........ ( i only put Lupe in cause of the allready confir.)

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah it was horrible, he also mentioned it at least once in the middle of the set.

oh he did it in la too? haha. i was in sf. it was a good performance though. my friend who for some reason loves hip hop and not public enemy, said it was a good show

Blinken
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I like to think Chuck smacked him in the side of the head backstage.

One can only hope.

Blinken
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
oh he did it in la too? haha. i was in sf. it was a good performance though. my friend who for some reason loves hip hop and not public enemy, said it was a good show

Wait so he did it in SF too? Yeah, it made the whole performance seem like one big joke.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Blue Sky Black Death would be cool at Coachella...

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 10:16 AM
You're right psycho.... i didnt correctly phrase that.

Small venue hip-hop is great. A few shows i've seen here that recently that i liked: Wu-Tang, Brother Ali and Immortal Technique... I also got free tickets to Ice Cube..horrible.

Hip-hop is just so hit or miss. I find that unlike artists in other genres, I dont really recognize what I'm hearing live. Maybe i've just seen bad shows... but In general, i like the recorded product way better than live.

try watching more of the underground scene, yeah, lots of them are bad too but if you find some good ones you can be sure to see some good performances. the three that you said you liked are all good live most of the time i think. If you're from anywhere in California there are good live acts.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
I bet beta. yea... splitting my time between Tucson, AZ and Cairo, Egypt means I take what I can get.

Drknowph
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Eminem Was so badass with, Infinite,slim shady lp, marshall mathers lp was allright...encore and others sucked so bad....

Blinken
01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I would be very happy with Eminem headlining. But if he did, prepare for all hell to break loose on the internets.

sbessiso
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Eminem is one of my all time favorite artists and has been for quite some time. I just know absolutely nothing when it comes to his live shows. Anyone here been to a show of his before?

Blinken
01-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I checked out some youtubes, and it doesn't seem all that great live. He has Proof back him up for his rhymes. Know who knows what he will do know that Proof is dead. new hype man, or maybe just go at it solo.

I also read that he has created over 100 tracks for Relapse and is trying to figure out what will go on the Album right now.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Eminem Was so badass with, Infinite,slim shady lp, marshall mathers lp was allright...encore and others sucked so bad....

Eminem's first two albums were tight. The less said about what happened next, the better.

menikmati
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Eminem is like so dope ya'll.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
It's y'all.

menikmati
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
tev...yo forget about that, let's talk about eminem

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:10 AM
tev...yo forget about that, let's talk about eminem

Haha, I think I've exceeded my threshold for Eminem discussion for today. Let me watch 8 Mile three times and hop back online.

mikeymikemikey
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
i saw eminem live in 2002 and it was a good show. he sounds better live than on records, which is kinda rare for hip/hop rap.. but at the same show ludacris preformed and he was 5x better than eminem. i dont think he would be a good fit for coachella unless he just played the slim shady lp.

That70sdesperado
01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I would be okay with Eminem, but not ecstatic. I think GV should focus on getting better rising hip-hop acts. Has anyone mentioned the possibility of The Knux? Their album was amazing, and they fit the Coachella vibe.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Fuck yeah dude. The Knux have popped up on some rumor lists, and I'm stoked about the possibility of them being there.

menikmati
01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I want Hieroglyphics.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I want Hieroglyphics.

CoS confirmed Deltron 3030 would play last year, but Del was never added. Since then I've hated CoS forever, and now I want to see the Hiero crew more than ever. Good call.

menikmati
01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah fuck CoS.

coolhandluke
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
CoS confirmed Deltron 3030 would play last year, but Del was never added. Since then I've hated CoS forever, and now I want to see the Hiero crew more than ever. Good call.

Hate Del then because it was up in his myspace and they just put a link to it.

Eminem would be pretty cool though, if he only played his first two which are still two of the best hip hop albums ever.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure their source on Del was this board, and someone saying they had talked to Dan the Automator and he confirmed it.

Aurgasm
01-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I would be okay with Eminem, but not ecstatic. I think GV should focus on getting better rising hip-hop acts. Has anyone mentioned the possibility of The Knux? Their album was amazing, and they fit the Coachella vibe.

hell yes

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Here you go: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11454&highlight=Deltron+3030

So the real villian in this deal fiasco is James Smith...and also CoS a little for buying it.

Stickjohn
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Check out Kristoff Krane. Local guy playing a lot in Mpls. Me like.

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Hate Del then because it was up in his myspace and they just put a link to it.

Eminem would be pretty cool though, if he only played his first two which are still two of the best hip hop albums ever.

Hieroglyphics are always touring but I missed them the last couple chances I had. I would definitely at least stop by for half the set or so, probably the whole thing. It's ridiculous seeing all of them up there at once, same as Wu Tang.

Eminem's first two albums are better, but it's not like he never made a good song after that. There are some good songs on Eminem Show and one or two on Encore that I would like to hear if I ever saw him.

sbessiso, you should check out his dvd from the eminem show tour, it's a pretty good watch. i got it for 3 or 4 bucks at amoeba. that was a steal.

ZackQ
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
About the Wu playing live: Meth is LARGER than life.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I want Hieroglyphics.

GOD NO!!! their 2004 was godawful erik!

psycobetabuckdown
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
GOD NO!!! their 2004 was godawful erik!

Dude, one awful Coachella performance does not make the next one just as awful. They are fucking great. Do they never deserve to come back just because you didn't like them one time?

djandrews25
01-19-2009, 11:16 PM
I would not mind seeing some good hip hop, unfortunately the crowd that would attend that show i wouldnt want any part of.

PotVsKtl
01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Dan le sac is just as hip hop as ... roots manuva.

You need a sharp pop in the map.

instantvintage
01-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Dude, one awful Coachella performance does not make the next one just as awful. They are fucking great. Do they never deserve to come back just because you didn't like them one time?

Heiroglyphics hasn't been good for a decade.

A FUCKING DECADE.

Del is the only rapper in the crew worth listening now, and even he has fallen off since 3030.

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 04:57 AM
roots manuva.

PLEASE.

have you people heard slime and reason? just about any of that shit in the sahara would shake your mother fucking BONES. he's an amazing lyricist and MC, but his production is the best part of his music.

FRxYNTH-5Go

U-qBVZK-Zmo&feature=related

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 05:00 AM
You need a sharp pop in the map.

Have you guys seen Dan le Sac? He's really really good.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2009, 05:01 AM

it was just that bad.....

danteb
01-20-2009, 05:42 AM
roots manuva.

PLEASE.

have you people heard slime and reason? just about any of that shit in the sahara would shake your mother fucking BONES. he's an amazing lyricist and MC, but his production is the best part of his music.

FRxYNTH-5Go

U-qBVZK-Zmo&feature=related

I would cry with joy if roots manuva played, they are one of the most original sounding hip hop acts EVER

frozen pilgrim
01-20-2009, 05:58 AM
I concur. although it's just one guy :)

stephen22
01-20-2009, 06:19 AM
NO EMINEM
NO HOW
NO WAY
NEVER
END OF STORY

P.S. Please GV...NO EMINEM!! NOT EVEN AS A SUB!!

fiopadp7791
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I think Em would be a good headliner.

He appeals to the masses, plus the hipsters can at least tolerate him. At the end of the day, you still get a lot of people from the surrounding areas to see the big pop headliners. I remember when Kanye was done playing '06, most of the crowd left which gave me a great up-front spot for Sigur Ros. What I'm getting at is, I think he's a good common ground act to have at Coachella.

The people that don't listen to anything past Top 40 radio would love him, and the people with deeper musical interests at least can tolerate him. For the record I'd love to see him there. Bring on Jay Z, Outkast, the Roots, A Tribe Called Quest...

I could also go for Atmosphere, Brotha Ali, but NOT Eyedea and Abilites... they suck.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Sure, no Aesop Rock though. His live show is like PG-13 Porn. *yawn*

fiopadp7791
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM

That is the perfect way to describe him! Saw him at Coachella and then at Soundset in Minneapolis. He's... meh...

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM

I saw Aesop Rock last year, I didn't see anything that looked like sofcore porn. But it was pretty boring, especially when he starting doing lesser known songs and the crowd settled down. I left early to see Datarock and never regretted it.

It's a shame too, because Aesop Rock writes smart, at least he used to when he first started. I think it's dumbed down a little these days. His flow and delievery are sick too.

menikmati
01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I want the perceptionists back

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I saw Aesop Rock last year, I didn't see anything that looked like sofcore porn. But it was pretty boring, especially when he starting doing lesser known songs and the crowd settled down. I left early to see Datarock and never regretted it.

It's a shame too, because Aesop Rock writes smart, at least he used to when he first started. I think it's dumbed down a little these days. His flow and delievery are sick too.

Pretty much. A clear case of an artist whose recorded material is leaps and bounds above their live show

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
How many of you snuck away from Roger Waters to check out Murs? I'm guessing pretty much no one.

But there was an example of an excellent hip hop live show in a festival setting. He started with some crowd favorites to get the kids jumping. Then he brought out a punk rock band from Florida to play some tunes, while he sang and rapped with them. It was unique punk rock in that the entire band was black. If you tell me there's nothing unique about that, you're being stupid. And finally, he finished the set by bringing out the entire Living Legends crew.

Murs did it right. He used the live setting to enhance his music, and he made sure the crowd was booming for the whole time.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM

That's not the point.

AlecEiffel
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Kool Kieth in '04 was probably the second best hip hop/rap I've seen live.

fiopadp7791
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
How many of you snuck away from Roger Waters to check out Murs? I'm guessing pretty much no one.

But there was an example of an excellent hip hop live show in a festival setting. He started with some crowd favorites to get the kids jumping. Then he brought out a punk rock band from Florida to play some tunes, while he sang and rapped with them. It was unique punk rock in that the entire band was black. If you tell me there's nothing unique about that, you're being stupid. And finally, he finished the set by bringing out the entire Living Legends crew.

Murs did it right. He used the live setting to enhance his music, and he made sure the crowd was booming for the whole time.

I saw Murs INSTEAD of Roger Waters (sorry, I've never been much of a Pink Floyd fan). I thought he put on a good show. I missed Murs in '06, so I was glad to get this chance to see him.

coolhandluke
01-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I want DJ cool to play let me clear my throat and then walk off the stage. If not then The Roots or Wale would be great.

ZackQ
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
That's not the point.

What's the point? Maybe I missed it then. It sounded like those guys thought I was insulting Roots Manuva by comparing him to Dan le Sac, which I was not.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I was really pissed about the Murs conflict. They really should have put him against Justice instead.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Jigga for Coachella 09
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090120/capt.70077e3e9fd7474588b8f92020eee376.obama_inaugu ration_capt207.jpg?x=294&y=345&q=85&sig=tnS.qh9udYH85NbHsoum5w--

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Heiroglyphics hasn't been good for a decade.

A FUCKING DECADE.

Del is the only rapper in the crew worth listening now, and even he has fallen off since 3030.

I don't know, their last album was good, and the last time I saw them live they were great (2005 or so). Del was always one of the best in the group but hardly the only one worth listening to.

I think Eminem would make a better headliner than The Killers. For me, that's enough reason to justify putting him in the lineup. Of course, if he is in it, we're all going to wonder why they couldn't get a more fitting act.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Yea I rather have the return of Slim Shady rather than Killers

1) I'd enjoy it more
2) I hear less bitching and less bitching always lead to better vibes

ZackQ
01-21-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm not so sure about Eminem meaning less bitching. I think most of this board would be more pissed about him than the Killers.

jonprc
01-21-2009, 06:52 AM

scroobius pip is the mc. dan le sac is the dj.
but god damn they're good.

ESvYRR1Fyug

fakeblood
01-21-2009, 06:57 AM
scroobius pip is the mc. dan le sac is the dj.
but god damn they're good.

ESvYRR1Fyug

scroobius pip vs matisyahu in a free style battle at the outdoors theatre and the loser gets his beard shaved on stage.

jonprc
01-21-2009, 07:10 AM
scroobius pip vs matisyahu in a free style battle at the outdoors theatre and the loser gets his beard shaved on stage.

hah. that'd be amazing. though i'd rather see scroobius vs sage francis(if he still has that beard).

http://www.peta2.com/oUTTHERE/pdf/P2sagefrancis72.jpg

ZackQ
01-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Francis has a mighty beard. I'll give it up if they book him this year.

jonprc
01-21-2009, 08:17 AM
sage at the outdoor theatre is definitely one of my favorite coachella performances

fiopadp7791
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm not so sure about Eminem meaning less bitching. I think most of this board would be more pissed about him than the Killers.

To the people on here, you're right... to the pop-friendly locals (actually pretty much anyone within reasonable driving distance) that make their way out to the fest, they'd love it

ZackQ
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think it would be the end of the world. Especially if he came with guests, which I'm almost certain he would. Cough, Dre, Cough.

psycobetabuckdown
01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think it would be the end of the world. Especially if he came with guests, which I'm almost certain he would. Cough, Dre, Cough.

Wow, the way you said that actually makes me want Eminem to headline. Imagine Bizarre on the main stage at night. You'd go to sleep happy. I would love to see it personally, but he's still not on my top 3 wish list.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I've seen Eminem live probably 6 or 7 times in my life, twice while he was underground and I will say his shows have seemed to be a bit "lazy" compared to his old work.

Anyone calling him pop-rap is a bit off. Maybe with CD's like the Eminem Show and Encore, but relapse is more along the lines of his 1998-2001 releases with a little mixture of his modern crap.

The lyrics to 3AM are just sick.......

I'd like to see him at Coachella simply because I have liked Eminem since 1998, but I am not so sure he is a "Coachella performer". Then again, I didn't think Jay-Z was either and I was pleasantly surprised when the lineup came out.

It would be nice if Eminem showed up and performed Renegade with Jay-Z, but I doubt that happens.