PDA

View Full Version : What would you do for a coachella?

lindysindie
01-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Just curious how far and to what lengths you have/are going to, to get to coach...
This year we are driving from Portland to Indio with a stop both ways in Sacramento just so we don't have to pay for plane tickets (not my idea). Yay for 32 hours in a car!

Carnie100
01-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Nice idea for a thread. I know I'm going this year and for many more years to come but I guess if I had to do something outrageous to go...

hmmm. post fake headliner threads on the forums?

rskapcat
01-18-2009, 07:10 AM
We paid for our hotel room back in November and we paid for our flight in October. I asked all relatives for cash for Christmas, and that cash will be paying for our fest tickets. If you space it out, it's really not that expensive. Now we just have to rent a car and save up some spending monies.

BROKENDOLL
01-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd walk a mile for Coachella...Seriously...Then I'd do it again the next day and the day after that!

Agent Orange
01-18-2009, 12:51 PM
What wouldn't I do for a Coachella!

Spongehead56
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, not only am I going to go to coachella even though I can't afford it, I am also paying for my girlfriend to accompany me.

qtpie1491
01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
my 10th grade year, two years ago, i wasnt allowed to go. so me and my friends decided to bust a mission and just go. my friend pretended to be her housekeeper and called up her school to say she wasnt going to be at school. I, unlike my friends, decided to try to go all 3 days and spent countless planning trying to find a place to stay, and a ride back, and all the money for tickets and shit. I told my parents that i was going to disneyland. we woke up early and all headed out! in the end, 2 of my friend got caught before we even got in, and my other friend and i got caught at the end of friday before dj shadow came on. i got grounded for a month and wasnt allowed to sleep out till i turned 16 (about 6 months). i lost about 400 dollars, my parents trust for a while, and my freedom.

it was so fucking great

oh and how did we get caught? my friends mom read an article on the festival the night before and the next morning got suspicious when my friend took a bottle of water with her on the way out. the jig was completely up when she saw all of us meet up and zoom off when she was dropping the dog to get cleaned.

the things id do for coachella man!

Quadromarshia
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Just curious how far and to what lengths you have/are going to, to get to coach...
This year we are driving from Portland to Indio with a stop both ways in Sacramento just so we don't have to pay for plane tickets (not my idea). Yay for 32 hours in a car!

I'm driving from South Carolina to New York, then to Coachella, and back.

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
spend close to 2 grand every year...is that enough?

Parenthetical Boy
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd do as little as I had to.

lizng
01-21-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd make out with George W if that was the only thing keeping me from Coachella.

But as much as I really can't afford it, dropping all of that cash on plane & festival tickets is definitely worth it for those few glorious days in the sun.

WilliamTaft
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
32 hours from Portland to Indio?
me and some friends drove from Grant's Pass to San Diego once, and we took a 4-hour sidetrack off the I5 onto a west-bound windy cliff-side road so we could go down the coast on the 101, and stopped in Santa Cruz to rest up for like 2 hours, and still got to SD 24 hours later. granted, GP is further south than Portland, but SD is also further south than Indio. how did it take you 32 hours?

Havocquarm
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm doing the same drive I did solo in 07, which is from Dallas to Indio. Usually on the way there I will leave incredibly early on Wednesday morning and then drive around 17 hours to get to Phoenix or Tempe. Then I get a hotel for the night and rest up for the small drive and get to the camp site mid afternoon on Thrusday.

On the way back I will probably drive for about 12 hours on Monday to mid New Mexico and then make the other 10-12 hours the next day to get back to Dallas.

eskamo951
02-04-2009, 11:09 PM
me and some friends drove from Grant's Pass to San Diego once, and we took a 4-hour sidetrack off the I5 onto a west-bound windy cliff-side road so we could go down the coast on the 101, and stopped in Santa Cruz to rest up for like 2 hours, and still got to SD 24 hours later. granted, GP is further south than Portland, but SD is also further south than Indio. how did it take you 32 hours?

I've done Riverside to Seattle in less than 24, only stopping for gas, food and restrooms.

Anyways, I'm spending mney I don't really have to get to Coachella, missing school, crashing on someone's couch and then hitching a ride to the grounds to camp on Thursday. The return trip is still a mystery to me.

OnlyNonStranger
02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm doing the same drive I did solo in 07, which is from Dallas to Indio. Usually on the way there I will leave incredibly early on Wednesday morning and then drive around 17 hours to get to Phoenix or Tempe. Then I get a hotel for the night and rest up for the small drive and get to the camp site mid afternoon on Thrusday.

On the way back I will probably drive for about 12 hours on Monday to mid New Mexico and then make the other 10-12 hours the next day to get back to Dallas.

I don't think I could make that drive by myself. You are a brave soul.

WilliamTaft
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I've done Riverside to Seattle in less than 24, only stopping for gas, food and restrooms.

Anyways, I'm spending mney I don't really have to get to Coachella, missing school, crashing on someone's couch and then hitching a ride to the grounds to camp on Thursday. The return trip is still a mystery to me.

yeah, our main slowdowns were that stop in Santa Cruz, and also the long detour we took westward, because the road was windy and along mountainsides and cliffs, so we could only drive 30-40mph, and then the fact that we went down the 101 in northernCA made us take at least 3 hours longer than if we were to do the I-5. it was worth it though, for the views while in the forests.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I would kill you and everything you love. That's how far.

Toxicswede
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
We're flying in from Sweden. It's all good.

zajaa
02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
would ya... would ya kill a guy?

**JwOx**
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
get in my car and make the two hour drive to Indio.... lol but im lucky cuz im so close... don't know what i'd do if i lived far far away

lindysindie
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM

round trip silly!

mikeymikemikey
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
i just sold my glock to buy tickets... thats alright we wont have the right to bear arms much longer anyway..

slurpee
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I would do anything Coachella asked me to do.

thewindowliquor
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
i just sold my glock to buy tickets... thats alright we wont have the right to bear arms much longer anyway..

are you serious with this shit?

go home.

mikeymikemikey
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
are you serious with this shit?

go home.

????

heyeric
02-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Isn't it cheaper flying Southwest using group rates?

WilliamTaft
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
round trip silly!

oooooo ok

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Isn't it cheaper flying Southwest using group rates?

Southwest promotional fares DO NOT fly to Orange County, just a heads up for anyone who may be counting on that.

I booked my flight through airtran, only $220 roundtrip. We fly all the way across the country and ride out of LA with some friends who we have been going with since '06. We're trying to get the biggest group we ever had to go to this year!

I'd do a lot for a Coachella, but what I end up doing is spending several hundred dollars that I shouldn't but fuck it you only live once. I may ask for festival tickets for my bday this year so I have more spending money for other fun things...

JustSteve
02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
We paid for our hotel room back in November and we paid for our flight in October. I asked all relatives for cash for Christmas, and that cash will be paying for our fest tickets. If you space it out, it's really not that expensive. Now we just have to rent a car and save up some spending monies.

seriously, if people put $10-$20 a week in a jar they would have enough to go to coachella.

JustSteve
02-06-2009, 01:50 PM

man, i drove solo from newport beach to abilene, tx and back one time. drove about 10-11 hours a day over 2 days. most boring drive i have ever made. a few years later i drove with my cousin and her friend from abilene to the outer banks of north carolina. think that was about 24 hours of straight driving. never again.

JustSteve
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Southwest promotional fares DO NOT fly to Orange County, just a heads up for anyone who may be counting on that.

better off flying into ontario rather than john wayne...