PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Lineup Prediction

The Stoned Ranger
01-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Headliners: Daft Punk, The Killers/Britney Spears, Paul McCartney

Subheadliners: The Mars Volta, The Black Keys, TV on the Radio, Morrisey, Kings of Leon, Chemical Brothers

Notables: Beach House, Doves, No Age, Fleet Foxes, Girl Talk, Lupe Fiasco, Peanut Butter Wolf, Of Montreal, Band of Horses, Animal Collective, Crystal Castles, Blackalicious, MR. Lif, Flight of the Concords, Atmosphere, Yo La Tengo, Deerhunter

Wishlist but unlikely: The White Stripes, Gorillaz, Broken Social Scene, Wilco, Sigur Ros, Liars, Beck, Lil Wayne, Radiohead,Two Gallants, Blur, Air, Living Legends, Heiroglyphics, Dr Dre (Detox soon?), David Bowie, No Doubt, Interpol, The Smiths, Brian Wilson, Boards of Canada, The Crystal Castles, Devendra Banhart, The Dodos, MF DOOM, Wu-Tang Clan, The Grouch, Jurassic 5, Lewis Black, Cheech & Chong, Lyrics Born, Massive Attack, Menomena, Modest Mouse, Muse, NaS, Outkast,

clumsy342
01-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Please, PLEASE let Morrisey subheadline under Killers/Britney.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-17-2009, 06:30 PM
So this info is basically what you "think" will be the lineup, what you've "heard" it will probably be or just your wish list?

clumsy342
01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
I do agree with The Black Keys and TVOTR sub-ing though. Although TVOTR is way more likely.

arya.
01-17-2009, 06:39 PM
The Killers/Britney Spears?

could this be any less appealing to the coachella fanbase? lol.

The Stoned Ranger
01-17-2009, 08:07 PM
This is what I think it will be. If I had it my way The Killers and Britney Spears would never have the ability to play music ever again anywhere. If you go for the headliners your an idiot anyways. Last year the first day was amazing even though Jack Johnson's dumb ass played. Rogue Wave, Battles, Dan Deacon, The Racontuers (who should have fucking headlined) Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, The Black Lips (instead of JJ's dumb ass. Lit all there shit on fire at the end of the performance. Was awesome!) and Fatboy Slim (played way past curfew). Shit was incredible. Some of the best shows happen while the headliners are on stage. Thats the beauty of a festival. Choices!

wunderbrad55
01-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, hard to see how you did this. Visit CoS much?

obzen
01-17-2009, 08:11 PM
i wonder if anyone has come on this board openly jocking jack johnson...

...im done wondering.

Alchemy
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
This is what I think it will be. If I had it my way The Killers and Britney Spears would never have the ability to play music ever again anywhere. If you go for the headliners your an idiot anyways. Last year the first day was amazing even though Jack Johnson's dumb ass played. Rogue Wave, Battles, Dan Deacon, The Racontuers (who should have fucking headlined) Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, The Black Lips (instead of JJ's dumb ass. Lit all there shit on fire at the end of the performance. Was awesome!) and Fatboy Slim (played way past curfew). Shit was incredible. Some of the best shows happen while the headliners are on stage. Thats the beauty of a festival. Choices!

So you didn't see Prince or Roger Waters? I don't go for the headliners, but if they're awesome then they're awesome. The Killers could maybe headline a strong Friday undercard. Britney Spears could NOT headline a day--not even Friday. And they ESPECIALLY would not have The Killers and Britney Spears lead a day. I think Britney can go, but she'd be under a headliner that's completely different from her and good. She'd be under The Cure or something Coachella-ish. The Killers will probably be 2nd tier also.

The Stoned Ranger
01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I wasn't gonna mention this but I heard Daft Punk and Paul McCartney were headlining from a credible source. Someone high up for a company that sponsors coachella. I'm not claiming this to be 100% but I wouldn't doubt it. Daft Punk did record an album over the summer and there 06 performance is cited by many as the best show they have ever seen at Coachella. After all the shit talking over the lineup last year (because of Jack Johnson which I thought was extremely unfair. He is a ginormous deuce but the rest of the line up was stellar. Then again a hipster doofus will complain about fucking anything) I could definitely see them aggressively pursuing Daft Punk because they have been in hi demand by die hard Coach fans ever since. Guess we will have to wait until Monday to know for sure.

The Stoned Ranger
01-17-2009, 08:21 PM
So you didn't see Prince or Roger Waters? I don't go for the headliners, but if they're awesome then they're awesome. The Killers could maybe headline a strong Friday undercard. Britney Spears could NOT headline a day--not even Friday. And they ESPECIALLY would not have The Killers and Britney Spears lead a day. I think Britney can go, but she'd be under a headliner that's completely different from her and good. She'd be under The Cure or something Coachella-ish. The Killers will probably be 2nd tier also.

I agree but there was a statement that golden voice made earlier about how they are aware of how the recession is affecting everyone and they are being as price aware as ever. I could see them having two good headliners and a somewhat week one with a good mid day lineup. Britney and The Killers are playing on Saturday if they do because they have tour dates on 4/17 and 4/19 and are mysteriously not playing on 4/18 anywhere... I'm not happy with it, its just my prediction. Hopefully The Killers will play the mainstage, Britney will be in one of the tents and Sigur Ros will play the outdoor theater and all will be right with the world.

Alchemy
01-17-2009, 08:25 PM
I agree but there was a statement that golden voice made earlier about how they are aware of how the recession is affecting everyone and they are being as price aware as ever. I could see them having two good headliners and a somewhat week one with a good mid day lineup. Britney and The Killers are playing on Saturday if they do because they have tour dates on 4/17 and 4/19 and are mysteriously not playing on 4/18 anywhere... I'm not happy with it, its just my prediction. Hopefully Sigur Ros will play on Saturday and this will all be irrelevant.

Yeah, I know about the recession statement. I could think of plenty better, cheap bands that Coachella could have play instead Britney Spears and The Killers though. I highly doubt that they'd be headliners. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the line-up. In fact, I'm expecting The Killers to be on the line-up... but man, they could get Beck to headline that day and it'd be all right, and it wouldn't cost much. Morrissey could headline that day and it'd be better than that, and it wouldn't cost much. So can The Flaming Lips. I'm pretty sure we'll see the headliner play out differently for Saturday than The Killers and Britney Spears.

oftheheartofthesoul
01-17-2009, 08:26 PM
JESUS OF NAZARETH BRITNEY SPEARS WILL NOT PLAY COACHELLA ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!?!?!?

Alchemy
01-17-2009, 08:27 PM
JESUS OF NAZARETH BRITNEY SPEARS WILL NOT PLAY COACHELLA ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!?!?!?

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Off the top of your head, name some of the girls that Britney hangs out with, and then think about how many of them attend Coachella each year. She knows about Coachella. They like Coachella. They attend Coachella. Why wouldn't they want to play Coachella?

oftheheartofthesoul
01-17-2009, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Off the top of your head, name some of the girls that Britney hangs out with, and then think about how many of them attend Coachella each year. She knows about Coachella. They like Coachella. They attend Coachella. Why wouldn't they want to play Coachella?

I'll let her dance on stage during the Girl Talk set, but that is where I draw the line.

Alchemy
01-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I'll let her dance on stage during the Girl Talk set, but that is where I draw the line.

Don't worry. Mogwai's going to play the same time she is anyway. That's what they're there for.