PDA

View Full Version : MSTRKRFT and Justice

jayce
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
So I live in Vancouver and mstrkrft has been here two or three times in the last year alone and i've missed them every time. How awesome are they? My friends love them, but I don't know what all the hype is about.

Also, Justice is coming to Vancouver in March (with sebastian, dj mehdi and busy p). Other than that "we are your friends song" that's being played to death in the clubs right now, what can I expect from this ensemble?

^ are they chromeo-ish in musical style? or a bit harder?

fober
02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
If you have the opportunity to see those two bands at a club somewhere, make sure you attend.

They'll both be playing early in the afternoon at Coachella and the overall experience won't be the same.

DanMonk
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
there is a video on their myspace page of them in australia it about sums it of! Yeah Canada...

Foppie
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Fober,
Maybee they will co headline the dance tent... for all we know. prob not but just sayin...

hangthedj112
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I'd kill to see all those Ed Banger artists together, and if you wanna hear a bit more typical justice check out their myspace, myspace.com/etjusticepourtous

travolta
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
here is a live set from justice and dj mehdi.

http://www.traviscastillo.com/music/2006/electro/0310_justice_dj_mehdi_forma_t_soundstation.mp3

cheeeeebo
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I've seen MSTRKRFT 2x and Justice 3x. To be honest with you, if you have a choice between seeing one or the other, go with Justice every single time. Now dont get me wrong, MSTRKRFT are good party fun, but Justice are simply on a whole other level. Their sets keep you guessing and attentive throughout. MSTRKRFT can get boring after a while.

Like I said though, dont get me wrong. MSTRKRFT should go over well in the tent, as their sound is very heavy and is the type of sound that gets big crowds jumping. I'll be there.

Justice are nothing like Chromeo. Justice play mostly house, while also dropping a techno track here and there. They also drop classic rock tracks, as well as a pop track on occasion.

Also, my suggestion would be to definitely make it to the Ed Banger party. I'm going to the one in San Fran. Sebastian is going to tear the roof off.

jayce
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Well, since making this thread i've seen both acts twice. Thorougly unimpressed with those Frenchmen. Honestly, what's their appeal? They suck. A lot.

Botrocker
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
MSTRKRFT get the party bumping better than almost any act out there right now. Just my 2 cents though.

martian_radio
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
MSTRKRFT get the party bumping better than almost any act out there right now. Just my 2 cents though.
They are better at mixin then justice. justice's music is good but they are not the best djs, and MSTRKRFT has a better show and diferent every time.

R3d Snapper
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Just listen to the parklife set from mstrkrft, ENOUGH SAID.

Daft Fro
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
They are better at mixin then justice. justice's music is good but they are not the best djs, and MSTRKRFT has a better show and diferent every time.

QFT

07 has had me encounter MSTRKRFT and Justice many times, in many different settings. MSTRKRFT x4, Justice x3 (2 live sets, 1 intimate DJ set). MSTRKRFT mixes better period, but Justice drops some dope random tracks out of nowhere sometimes. MK keeps it banging though, consistently.

Anyway, fucking every download this MSTRKRFT live rip (posted in previous thread) from one of the Parklife festivals in Australia. I was there, it was truly a sick show:

http://uploaded.to/?id=iciuu3

And Justice Live @ PinkPony is a sick set as well (gotta register first, its a cool site tho):

http://www.mpiii.com/dl_view-34183.html

Robototron
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Obviously the correct response to this thread would have been "just see them both."

KTQOORJpEZg

LA posters know where it's at.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Fuck Yeah! hey thanks for those links Daft Fro

fatbastard
01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
So I live in Vancouver and mstrkrft has been here two or three times in the last year alone and i've missed them every time. How awesome are they? My friends love them, but I don't know what all the hype is about.

Also, Justice is coming to Vancouver in March (with sebastian, dj mehdi and busy p). Other than that "we are your friends song" that's being played to death in the clubs right now, what can I expect from this ensemble?

^ are they chromeo-ish in musical style? or a bit harder?

First off, expect to be entertained. Justice has a better show than MSTRKRFT. Your fortunate in that you also get Sebastian (whair ar mi ceegarettes?), Busy P (scarecrow), and DJ Mehdi. These guys do a great job in pumping up the crowd and creating a fun environment. Spend every damm Canadian dollar you have to attend every event that they throw and you will not regret one moment of it. I'm serious.

jackstraw94086
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, since making this thread i've seen both acts twice. Thorougly unimpressed with those Frenchmen. Honestly, what's their appeal? They suck. A lot.

Shhhhh don't ruffle their feathers. They fear electronica that you can actually dance to instead of jump up and down with your fist in the air.

mistdevil
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
both are dope. different styles same music.

crazzz2007
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Shhhhh don't ruffle their feathers. They fear electronica that you can actually dance to instead of jump up and down with your fist in the air.

lolz

jackstraw94086
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
EDIT: nm I found it.

signmeup
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
First off, expect to be entertained. Justice has a better show than MSTRKRFT. Your fortunate in that you also get Sebastian (whair ar mi ceegarettes?), Busy P (scarecrow), and DJ Mehdi. These guys do a great job in pumping up the crowd and creating a fun environment. Spend every damm Canadian dollar you have to attend every event that they throw and you will not regret one moment of it. I'm serious.

sorry i have to point out that this was last march, so this already happened. i was there.

Mr. Dylanja
01-10-2008, 12:31 PM
How do you pronounce MSTRKRFT? MasterKraft?

Botrocker
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
^ Yup.

fatbastard
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
sorry i have to point out that this was last march, so this already happened. i was there.

AND?

signmeup
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
AND?

it just seemed like your post was answering a question he asked last march so it wasnt very relevant as the event he was talking about already passed, but whatever. i dont know. sorry.