PDA

View Full Version : What the hell kind of sick joke is this?

MeowMixer
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=191

Check the front page. PsychoBetaBuckdown, you are cruisin for a bruisin.

Talk to the fist cuz the hand is pissed.

rage patton
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Fuck you psychobetabucketdown.

Boourns
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Haha, nice.

Drewski27
where is that from?

Tosh0
motherfucker

MeowMixer
01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
where is that from?

Index Page. Bastard. Playing on our emotions like that...

bartelby
01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
crazy

eudaemonia
It wasn't until today that I even paid attention to the Calendar link on the forum menu.

Alchemy
What the shit?

How was this even done?

eudaemonia
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
It's done through the Calendar (next to Chatroom link) on the menu. Anyone can add an event. It's just showing up because it's today's date.

Drewski27
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
they have two other lineup announcement days in january as well. motherfuckers . . . .

MeowMixer
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
So he planned this. What an A-hole....

MeowMixer
01-15-2009, 06:43 PM
This should be a capital offense.

Alchemy
01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Gaypalm did the one on the 20th. He's probably right.

rage patton
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Nah. It will be the 19th.

stinkbutt
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
It will be on the 26th

MeowMixer
01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
????

Hopefully MLK. That works for me.

betao
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Monklish said 26th at the earliest.. I'm not sure if I believe that, that just seems too late.

CalmerThanYou
01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Nah. It will be the 19th.

its my bday, it has to be this day. then my wish Bro'rThanYou a happy bday bitchezzzzzzz thread will be lost amidst the chaos. forever.

ZackQ
01-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Monklish said 26th at the earliest.. I'm not sure if I believe that, that just seems too late.

With the earlier start date, that would really put a crunch on everything.

rage patton
01-15-2009, 07:33 PM

Bullshit. No way it will be that late.

stinkbutt
01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
It will be on the 26th

for realz

TommyboyUNM
01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
its my bday, it has to be this day. then my wish Bro'rThanYou a happy bday bitchezzzzzzz thread will be lost amidst the chaos. forever.

What makes you think you'll get a birthday thread? You can't just automatically expect that shit.

(who am I kidding, I already have the passed out girl on roofies and passed out bro with writing on his face pics ready to go)

CalmerThanYou
01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
fire it up, fire it up, fire it up sir.

betao
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I really hope its the 19th. It'd be nice to wake up and see a lineup on this page.

faxman75
01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
21st is my call. Be ready.

paulb
01-15-2009, 07:43 PM
26th? that would blow donkey ass...... 1 week from Bonnaroo? ya right.

sbessiso
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Geez. This Salah guy cant even make an interesting or funny alias. Delete

magmazing
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I just want this over with so I can decide whether I'm going or not and buy my friggin' plane tickets before A) airfare jumps up and/or B)the Canadian dollar drops even more.

I've never understood why festivals don't set announcement dates and just let that info be known. To me it seems like this secrecy just annoys the online fans more than it does help anticipation.

stinkbutt
01-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Geez. This Salah guy cant even make an interesting or funny alias. Delete

are you saying that PsychoBetaBuckdown is your alias?

betao
01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
The further they announce this from Bonnaroo the better. They won't wait till Feb 2nd. Either Jan 26 or Jan 19, hopefully the 19.

Alchemy
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd love the 19th, because I'm not at school that day. I just put money on the 20th because of MLK day.

But then again, that'd be weird.

I mean, for Goldenvoice to have a day honoring Martin Luther King, when he didn't even work there.

summerkid
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I just want this over with so I can decide whether I'm going or not and buy my friggin' plane tickets before A) airfare jumps up and/or B)the Canadian dollar drops even more.

I've never understood why festivals don't set announcement dates and just let that info be known. To me it seems like this secrecy just annoys the online fans more than it does help anticipation.

bc they may have a set date but if they dont' have acts paperwork all filed and set than they don't want to put a poster out there esp. the big names. Fact is they are working on the lineup ironing out the details as we speak and if they set a date for the announcement and they aren't able to deliver on that date it would make a lot of people angry.

stinkbutt
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
bc they may have a set date but if they dont' have acts paperwork all filed and set than they don't want to put a poster out there esp. the big names. Fact is they are working on the lineup ironing out the details as we speak and if they set a date for the announcement and they aren't able to deliver on that date it would make a lot of people angry.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/gravytrainridesagain/3095051519_d1923b73e2.jpg

heyimazombie
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I mean, for Goldenvoice to have a day honoring Martin Luther King, when he didn't even work there.

michael scott?

i hope it's the 19th because that's the soonest but it WOULD be rad to get it on my birthday the 24th. and since the universe revolves around me i fully expect it to BE on the 24th. just thought i'd give everyone a heads up

TommyboyUNM
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
michael scott?

i hope it's the 19th because that's the soonest but it WOULD be rad to get it on my birthday the 24th. and since the universe revolves around me i fully expect it to BE on the 24th. just thought i'd give everyone a heads up

Since the universe revolves around you, why don't you kill yourself on the 19th so we can get the lineup then?

sacleonard
01-15-2009, 10:35 PM
While I am hoping for an early lineup, I would like a pre-lineup pre-sale (ala 2007). I wouldn't mind waiting a week, if I could save some cash.

rage patton
01-15-2009, 10:37 PM
19th. It will be released the 21st at the very latest.

shakermaker113
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
an original prank! holy shit! I am entertained.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2009, 12:35 AM
I still call the 19th. They announced on MLK day last year, and they'll get minimal press coverage on Obama's inauguration day. So it's the 19th, maaaayybe the 21st.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Um, sorry if someone else already covered this, but there's a thread about this in the Questions section, and I just added mine as a side joke. Bunch of failures.

Failed State
01-16-2009, 12:54 AM
I hate you and cypress hill

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I hate you and cypress hill

Don't worry, the lineup will be here soon enough, we're all sure. I actually agree that GPS is about right. Maybe not Tuesday, but...soon. I'm guessing tomorrow afternoon, maybe Saturday afternoon, being exactly 3 months in advance of the festival.

No one hates Cypress Hill, no one.

Alchemy
01-16-2009, 06:51 AM
I dont think it will be the weekend. Here's how it will go down: On Monday, there will be like 3000+ people online all afternoon and night, and we'll be refreshing the front page like crazy. People will keep making threads that say, "Where is the line-up?" or "Here it is!!!1!" but it won't be there. As night starts, the board colors will change and we'll all celebrate. It will get late... Many of us will be on chat very late in the night. Many will give up. I'll log off at midnight, but sneak a peak at 1AM, too no avail. When I wake up in the morning at 6, it will be posted on the board by Dani, but not on the site. By 10AM it will be on the site.

shakermaker113
01-16-2009, 08:42 AM
I dont think it will be the weekend. Here's how it will go down: On Monday, there will be like 3000+ people online all afternoon and night, and we'll be refreshing the front page like crazy. People will keep making threads that say, "Where is the line-up?" or "Here it is!!!1!" but it won't be there. As night starts, the board colors will change and we'll all celebrate. It will get late... Many of us will be on chat very late in the night. Many will give up. I'll log off at midnight, but sneak a peak at 1AM, too no avail. When I wake up in the morning at 6, it will be posted on the board by Dani, but not on the site. By 10AM it will be on the site.

good job nostradamus.

lolwut
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM

this is now my signature.

heyimazombie
01-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Since the universe revolves around you, why don't you kill yourself on the 19th so we can get the lineup then?

if i kill my self then there wont be a coachella, dont you know that when you close your eyes the world goes away?

psychic friend
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM

It's hard to predict when the line up will be done. When that last band we're waiting on will have an answer and finally agrees (or not), or other unforeseen circumstances. Not giving a date is not to torture you guys. I would rather give a correct date than give a date and have it change, and change again, and again. and again. You think YOU guys are annoyed? Try being on the back end here with the constant changes.

Coachella Bound
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
It's hard to predict when the line up will be done. When that last band we're waiting on will have an answer and finally agrees (or not), or other unforeseen circumstances. Not giving a date is not to torture you guys. I would rather give a correct date than give a date and have it change, and change again, and again. and again. You think YOU guys are annoyed? Try being on the back end here with the constant changes.

Sooooo basically what your saying is, There isnt a date yet......?

humanoid
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I think PF was rather clear

johnnypolite
01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I dont think it will be the weekend. Here's how it will go down: On Monday, there will be like 3000+ people online all afternoon and night, and we'll be refreshing the front page like crazy. People will keep making threads that say, "Where is the line-up?" or "Here it is!!!1!" but it won't be there.

QFT

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Just the idea that a Gorillaz or an OutKast might be talking to them right now and especially backing out of a deal makes me cringe. Please be nice and give them money, and we'll be nice and give you money. Hopefully not more than $90 per day.

Boourns
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Real talk from our metahuman pal. Thanks for this.

Yeah, logic indicates everything Dani just said. But when people are impatient and frustrated, logic goes out the window. Happens to all of us. But it's good she pointed out what we should have already deduced: no lineup and no date yet because they are still working on booking epic things to make us giggle like school girls.

Remember 2006? That lineup was later than expected and acts like Daft Punk and Massive Attack didn't get finalized until after the initial announcement anyway. Bands and their management can be hella difficult and flakey.

kitt kat
01-16-2009, 12:18 PM
When that last band we're waiting on will have an answer and finally agrees (or not)

PAVEMENT?!

Sorry. Sorry. I just had to :(

Jman4321
01-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Pavement need to stop dicking around and just sign up.

Boourns
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
PAVEMENT?!

Sorry. Sorry. I just had to :(

Pavement already signed. It's Pulp they are waiting for.

ZackQ
01-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Just the idea that a Gorillaz or an OutKast might be talking to them right now and especially backing out of a deal makes me cringe. Please be nice and give them money, and we'll be nice and give you money. Hopefully not more than $90 per day.

I want Outkast as much as any of you, and if you've been follwng my posts you know how hard I work to disavow all these rumors, as not to get falsly excited. Here's my imagined convo:

Booking agent: Big Boi, there's a persistent concert offer?
Big Boi: Where at?

Booking agent: Coachella.

Pause.

Booking agent: it's a festival in the dessert, with a bunch of indie rock and electronic muisc. The Pixies played a reunion show. And Daft Punk with the pyr---

Big Boi: Fuck that. You tell Coa fuck whateva, we want $5 mil. PEACE.

CalmerThanYou
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Internet%20Has%20Spoken.jpg

Mr. E
01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
whatever I want my line up. I have to plan a trip. so fuck golden voice for their moronic actions for no showing me the line up. lol

lolwut
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
whatever I want my line up. I have to plan a trip. so fuck golden voice for their moronic actions for no showing me the line up. lol

GV, find OP's IP address and block from ticket sales.

scoop49er
01-16-2009, 03:28 PM

that is easily the longest post ive ever read from PF...... and on my birthday no less!!!!!!!!! as barry manilow says "it's a miracle!"

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM

thank you Dani..I think most of us understand this completely but it is more nerves because of what is being thrown around...the names I mean..and how does that quote do? In the absense of knowlege people will make things up...something like that...I just want a great line up filled with acts you can't see anymore or a masterful Paul T collection...

Drewski27
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
so, in other words, to sum it all up . . . the killers are headlining?

BlackSwan
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Thx pf.

kitt kat
01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
so, in other words, to sum it all up . . . the killers are headlining?

with mandy moore on friday and hannah montana sunday

Amneeziac
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I appreciate PF's explanation.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2009, 11:32 PM
I want Outkast as much as any of you, and if you've been follwng my posts you know how hard I work to disavow all these rumors, as not to get falsly excited. Here's my imagined convo:

Booking agent: Big Boi, there's a persistent concert offer?
Big Boi: Where at?

Booking agent: Coachella.

Pause.

Booking agent: it's a festival in the dessert, with a bunch of indie rock and electronic muisc. The Pixies played a reunion show. And Daft Punk with the pyr---

Big Boi: Fuck that. You tell Coa fuck whateva, we want $5 mil. PEACE.

Are you that self-important to think that anyone follows your posts? I'd understand if said posts were even in this thread, but jeez.

Anyway, I've stopped believing Outkast might be there ever since people stopped talking about it on here, but it was really just an example. Pavement another good one.

But besides, your imagined conversation doesn't have any weight or evidence, it's just your imagination and may even stem from some deep-seated racism. Why wouldn't the agent tell him Kanye and Common played there, and the Roots and the Beastie Boys? Why isn't Andre in this conversation? Of course they'd get paid as much as any expensive headliner, but they deserve to. I don't think that just because he's a ghetto black guy he'll turn down big money because of one day of heat.

magmazing
01-17-2009, 02:36 AM
that is easily the longest post ive ever read from PF...... and on my birthday no less!!!!!!!!! as barry manilow says "it's a miracle!"

And all it took was an honest to goodness question about festivals in general from me. :)

Thanks PF for clearing things up. For once we all learned something with substance on these boards. haha

Boourns
01-17-2009, 02:52 AM
It's hard to just offer bands money in hopes that they will play. Some of them won't want to do it if they don't think they'll be ready in time or ever able to pull it off, whether it's because they have enough money or they are insecure artist types or both or neither. An epic performance will do wonders for your career, but a disappointing one?