PDA

View Full Version : Oh man.

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I first started posting on this board in late 2003, when I had bought my tickets for the 2004 festival and wanted to share my excitement with other fans.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there weren't many Brits on the board. Not because I dislike Brits or am elitist, but because I dislike the type of Brits who tend to post on music messageboards - starting arguments, posting really awful jokes, and just generally being embarrassing.

Then, when I attended the festival itself, I was similarly surprised to find that there weren't that many Brits there either. Not because I dislike Brits or am elitist, but because I dislike the type of Brits who tend to attend festivals - starting arguments, telling really awful jokes, and just generally being embarrassing. This is why I have attended festivals all over the world but never one in England. Sure, a lot of Radiohead fans had travelled a long way, but there were still relatively few Brits there, and the festival was still relatively unknown over here; and besides, Radiohead fans are hardly your typical "I'm going to go to a festival and get drunk and harrass women and start fights" British music fan.

But this year it seems Coachella has finally received reconigition (which it admittedly deserves) as the world's best music festival, and it is no longer a well-kep secret. And this board is now overrun with Brits who start threads which were exactly the type of thing I was so tired of reading on all the British music messageboards and which led me here in the first place. And I expect the Polo Grounds to be overrun with these people too, come April.

I seriously hope this doesn't change the vibe of Coachella too much, or change the nature of the festival or its crowd. I hope the Brits coming for the first time realise this isn't just another Reading or Leeds or V Festival; Coachella is something truly unique and special, and should be treated as such. Please don't ruin it. Thanks.

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
So Coachella won that "best festival" award?

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
FLAME ON!!!!

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes it won!

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Dude there are a lot of Brits on the board this year. I was thinking it was because of the JAMC and the Mondays. Anyways its cool I ain't no xenophobe.

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 07:03 AM
I dislike the type of Brits who start threads about Lando in celebritys' faces & going to SXSW, then scrap the ideas immediately

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Although Randy Ricochet is out of control. I think he may drink up all our light beer,

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 07:04 AM
hahahaha

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I dislike the type of Brits who start threads about Lando in celebritys' faces & going to SXSW, then scrap the ideas immediately

YEAH WTF!

TomAz
02-09-2007, 07:05 AM
sex and drugs and rock n roll!!!!

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Ha, dude, the Landos are still in a box somewhere cause I moved house. I will be bringing them to Coachella though, DON'T YOU WORRY. There WILL be a Lando with Nando photo even if my life depends on it!

Also, my idea for Celebrity Lando was to build up slowly from lame D-listers to amazing celebrities, but then the first ever photo I got was of Lando with THE HOFF, and I was like "Wow, I'm not even sure I can ever top that..." and it kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit. I guess you could say that my own success also contributed to my demise. Just like Anna Nicole Smith.

As for SXSW, we're still willing, if you can find someone to pay for us to go. Otherwise it just doesn't seem like a wise financial decision at this time.

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:21 AM
So you don't think the JAMC and the Mondays are the reason we have so many Brits on the board this year?

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 07:25 AM
As for SXSW, we're still willing, if you can find someone to pay for us to go. Otherwise it just doesn't seem like a wise financial decision at this time.

you should start a cool website to get people to donate $ to you...
i have a couple of ideas for you....

people could pay you like $2 to moon their boss/friend/sig other/teacher..
your site could be bigwhitemoon.com or sumthin... they Paypal their $2 to you, & you deliver the ass shot via cellphone, e-mail, fax whateva... and the people would have no idea who sent it

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Good idea bug, and someone just PMed me offering to donate $10 if I moon you at Coachella this year! Looks like your luck is in!

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 07:42 AM
yeah, maybe we can be a team.....
i'll irritate people & then they'll pay you to moon me...
i'll be generous & take only 15% off the top, because i want to see you succeed.

TomAZ may have to take out a 2nd mortgage.

TomAz
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
why would i pay to get you horned up?

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 07:45 AM
cuz your a perv

TomAz
02-09-2007, 07:45 AM
well yeah there's that.

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 07:55 AM
So you don't think the JAMC and the Mondays are the reason we have so many Brits on the board this year?

JAMC yes, but I don't think many people would travel all that way to see the Mondays. I saw them support Oasis at Wembley a few years ago and it was awful. Shaun Ryder was drunk and decided to do the entire gig in the style of Elvis Presley.

I also think a lot of British Rage fans are making the trip, for the one-off reunion show.

And generally word of the festival has spread and it's a good few months before all the festivals here and an attractive idea for a holiday...

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 07:56 AM
well I hope they bring their sunblock.

kroqken
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I met some Brits at this year's Coachella and they seemed cool to me.