PDA

View Full Version : So I decided I will quit drinking milk...

Mr.Nipples
02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
anyone else think the act of drinking another animals bodily fluids is weird? i mean im no petard, but i came to that realization today over a bowl of cocoa pebbles that its just fucking gross.drinking liquid that comes from the crotch region of an animal just isnt my thing anymore. who the fuck decided in the first place that cows milk was better than lets say a goats, or a pigs...where the fuck is the reference point!?wouldnt it make more sense to just drink human milk if anything? just think about it for a minute. i thought i would just vent here as my therapist is already asleep and i know most of you could give 2 shits if i take up the server space. thanks everyone...

pewter14
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/dee870621345/milk.jpg

It's so hot out ... uuuuh ... milk was a bad choice ...

Mr.Nipples
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
milk and beards...youre not helping.

Yablonowitz
02-08-2007, 09:58 PM
No ice cream for you nippie. To name just one other thing you're going to have to give up.

jackstraw94086
02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
who the fuck decided in the first place that cows milk was better than lets say a goats, or a pigs.
because cows produce a shitload more milk than those other animals

where the fuck is the reference point!?wouldnt it make more sense to just drink human milk if anything?
right. Just ask a woman who's currently feeding just one human if she'd like to help feed the general population.

Mr.Nipples
02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
actually jackstraw, i posted an ad on craigslist looking for girls willing to help and i already have 2 responses. i only drink the finest breast milks.

jackstraw94086
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Are you in San Francisco? If so you may as well know that the odds are it's already gone sour.

pewter14
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
actually jackstraw, i posted an ad on craigslist looking for girls willing to help and i already have 2 responses. i only drink the finest breast milks.

4 words ...

good luck with that.

Yablonowitz
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM

Expect a different flavor than you're accustomed to.

wmgaretjax
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
rice milk is nummy. you'll feel better if you stop drinking milk.

pewter14
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
there's always peanut milk ... the stuff that Taiwanese dude on Haight came up with a few years back

Peanut Milk (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/06/23/elixpeanut.DTL)

... it will cure that baldness too!!!!

It cures Bladness ... uh, right (http://hairloss.about.com/b/a/256124.htm)

kaeso
02-08-2007, 11:02 PM
i dont see how drinking milk is any more disgusting than any of the other foods we digest are...have you ever taken a good look at the meat that a pepperoni stick consists of, also eggs, they are essential like eating placenta

psychic friend
02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
http://notmilk.com/

a good read

grain
02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
go with it.
nows the best time, with all the great veg-companies out there now, to support a healthier lifestyle

rice milk, soy milk, silk:

taste just the 'real' thing without the lactose

tofutti cuties = awesome 'ice cream' sandwiches

take it a step further to replace meats with:

boca burger, morningstar, quorn
and restaurants in SF and LA like:

golden era, veggie era, native foods

don't underestimate the power of intuition...

kaeso
02-08-2007, 11:07 PM
i could not live my life without red meat

Good Days Last
02-08-2007, 11:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm a man. I live off milk and meat.

psychic friend
02-08-2007, 11:14 PM
http://notmilk.com/

read

Good Days Last
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't get it.
Does George hate Milk?

comiddle
02-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I've pretty much kicked milk myself (I still can't stomach cereal with water). I've never been a fan of soy milk. Eggs are gross as well. The only thing I miss are creamsicle milkshakes, but it's been easier since the only place in town that sells them had a big food poisoning scandal; someone forgot to wash their hands.

Water is life. That's all I really drink now. Most juices are far too sweet. As soon as I can afford a new blender I'll be all over the smoothies again.

cbrl23
02-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Big Fan of Milk and everything we can make with it, cheese, ice cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, chocolate milk... I am drinking milk right now

...wow, I'm a member now...after being a happy lurker for the last two years...I got to stop posting

thaipod
02-09-2007, 12:20 AM

Go out there and milk me a Cambodian.

stillavirgin
02-09-2007, 12:29 AM
you are MR.NIPPLES,every time you come here your going to remind youself you hate milk,but if craigslist works out could be a good thing

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 12:43 AM
ooooook

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Anyone else notice the irony of the whole Nipples/Milk thing going on?

Oh, just me then...

For the record, I love milk, cheese, ice cream, yoghurt and not just because I live in America's Dairyland!

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 01:28 AM
There were two American girls stood in front of me at the Lady Sov gig the other night and I got talking to them and one was from Oregon and the other one said she was from "America's Dairyland".

Anyway, I do not eat dairy products, or any red meat or chicken. So there.

Yablonowitz
02-09-2007, 05:09 AM
There were two American girls stood in front of me at the Lady Sov gig the other night and I got talking to them and one was from Oregon and the other one said she was from "America's Dairyland".

Anyway, I do not eat dairy products, or any red meat or chicken. So there.

Then what do you call that hot dog you devoured that's permaimprinted in my brain?

And the In and Out Burger?

Stefinitely Maybe
02-09-2007, 05:39 AM
I stopped eating dairy products and red meat and chicken on New Years Eve. It was my New Years' resolution, and I have kept it up well.

Also, FYI, Pink's do veggie hot dogs, and you can get a saladburger at In N Out.

york707
02-09-2007, 05:49 AM
If I gave up milk, I would have to give up cheese, which would be physically impossible for me.

Alchemy
02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 06:08 AM
the animals you're not supposed to eat, God made difficult to catch..
that's why you don't eat cheetahs or those fish with the lightbulb antennae

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 06:12 AM
I've never actually tasted breastmilk (meaning my own breastmilk), but it smells a lot like sweat. Not exactly the most pleasant thing around, although my babies enjoyed it of course.

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Taste it. You know you want to.

shotglass75
02-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Whats funny about this post is that he is saying he is done drinking milk because it's kinda dirty and it comes from the crotch region on an animal. Um, yes the utters are underneath the cow but it wouldn't be concidered a crotch region I don't think. Also is eating the flesh of the animals that provide the mike ok then? I'm not a vegitarian but unless you are planning on going Vegan reconcider your thoughts. Good post though. i love Cocoa Pebbles

All That I Am
02-09-2007, 06:21 AM
I was at In and Out Burger with a friend yesterday, we were eating our cheeseburgers with milkshakes and I pointed out to her that they could have got the milk and cheese from the same cow that they used for the burger. She was totally disturbed by me pointing that out, but we still ate those delicious In and Out Burgers!

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Taste it. You know you want to.
I'm not lactating right now, and it's doubtful that I'll have another baby. Kids are expen$ive.

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 06:52 AM
does not have to be your breast milk. go ask a pregnant women for some. think of it like homework

menikmati
02-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I like cheese, and ice cream, and milk

york707
02-09-2007, 07:17 AM
I've never actually tasted breastmilk (meaning my own breastmilk), but it smells a lot like sweat. Not exactly the most pleasant thing around, although my babies enjoyed it of course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/hawkingvsreeve/doit.gif

york707
02-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks again, Brandon.

pewter14
02-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I've never actually tasted breastmilk (meaning my own breastmilk), but it smells a lot like sweat.

I can't even finish my latte after reading that ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

SojuGorae
02-09-2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/images/soy_photo.jpg
Soy milk (or soy juice)

Us Asians love this shit, but I reckon unless you're one of those white people(you know the ones that insist on eating Asian food with chopsticks), you'll be grossed out by it.

kimery08
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
milk is by far the grossest thing to throw up.
that and tuna. its looks the same going in and out.

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
does not have to be your breast milk. go ask a pregnant women for some. think of it like homework
I was afraid you were going to say that.

I don't really hang out with lactating women anyway. I don't really hang out with people period.

adamnikyo
02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Haha, zzz's milk smells like sweat. Nasty.

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Haha, zzz's milk smells like sweat. Nasty.
You are indeed a master baiter.

adamnikyo
02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
...unless you're one of those white people(you know the ones that insist on eating Asian food with chopsticks)...

i am so one of "those" white people. i even pay with chopsticks.

HAIRYGOOMBA
02-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Well, actually, mammary glands are an adaptation of sweat glands.
They evolved for a specific function that became sort of sociologically
complex.
As soon as I started asking myself,"Could I kill that animal (bird, fish...)
and eat it?" I felt obligated to stop eating stuff just because of the taste.
If you DO stop and think about it, lots of suffering in the world could be alleviated.

summerkid
02-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Milk makes me throw up so I dont drink it.

Courtney
02-09-2007, 09:40 AM
I like Silk vanilla soymilk. That stuff tastes like dessert to me.

But I could never give up cow's milk cheese.

mozabilly54
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
i stopped drinking milk in the 3rd grade. i just have been taking calcium supplements since then though. silk, vanilla soy milk rules!

mozabilly54
02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
go with it.
nows the best time, with all the great veg-companies out there now, to support a healthier lifestyle

tofutti cuties = awesome 'ice cream' sandwiches

I love those and now I love you for bringing these wonderful treats up in discussion.

adamnikyo
02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
You are indeed a master baiter.

Look, it's not my fault you have sweaty boob milk.

SojuGorae
02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I like Silk vanilla soymilk. That stuff tastes like dessert to me.

But I could never give up cow's milk cheese.

Silk soymilk is liquid crack. I love it.

kaeso
02-09-2007, 10:57 AM
i like drinking milk in straight from the carton in the middle of the night, surrounded by a halo of light coming from the refrigerator

SojuGorae
02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
i like drinking milk in straight from the carton in the middle of the night, surrounded by a halo of light coming from the refrigerator

I do that too but I hate it when I'm half-awake while drinking and get milk dripping down my chin and down my underwear.

adamnikyo
02-09-2007, 11:04 AM

that's exactly how it is when i poo. except without the milk cartons and halos and refridgerators.

jackstraw94086
02-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Adam poops milk while playing halo by the light of the refridgerator.

kaeso
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I do that too but I hate it when I'm half-awake while drinking and get milk dripping down my chin and down my underwear.

its worse if your sporting any facial hair

thefunkylama
02-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I gave up milk a while ago, but have been hard-pressed to ween myself off of cheese. Lucky for me, we don't always have it so it's not a huge problem.

lindseyb
02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
organic unsweetened soymilk from trader joe's (in the fridge section)

adamnikyo
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
my mom says not to drink out of the container.

amyzzz
02-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I hate you "soy" people. You're the reason Bashas' grocery store stopped carrying Godiva Black Raspberry Chip ice cream and started carrying that soy ice cream crap. Eat shit and die. Now.

TomAz
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
nice to see you coming out of your shell amy!

stillavirgin
02-17-2007, 12:48 PM
soy milk is made from an estrogen plant and can lower testostrone in men,so if you drink soy milk eat lots of steak to even it out or just drink regular milk,or you can become an emotional wreck,i dont really care:laughyou

ayates
02-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Vanilla soy milk is the shit. I drink about a gallon every 2 days straight from the container.

AEversW
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
i drink soy milk....regular milk gives me the craps. I'm lactose intolerant

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I stopped eating dairy products and red meat and chicken on New Years Eve. It was my New Years' resolution, and I have kept it up well.

way to go, Stef. a little weird, though - do you eat other animal products (gelatin, rennet, honey, etc)?

I was at In and Out Burger with a friend yesterday, we were eating our cheeseburgers with milkshakes and I pointed out to her that they could have got the milk and cheese from the same cow that they used for the burger. She was totally disturbed by me pointing that out, but we still ate those delicious In and Out Burgers!

nowadays this is not really possible. this MIGHT be possible if it was a hamburger from a place that had their own cows, but In-n-Out most definitely gets their meat and their dairy from different types of cows.

soy milk is made from an estrogen plant and can lower testostrone in men,so if you drink soy milk eat lots of steak to even it out or just drink regular milk,or you can become an emotional wreck,i dont really care:laughyou

it's not made from an estrogen plant - there's no such thing. the soy plant is high in estrogenic compounds, but there is no research to say that this will make you a nancy boy if you drink too much soy milk.

fatbastard
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
anyone else think the act of drinking another animals bodily fluids is weird? i mean im no petard, but i came to that realization today over a bowl of cocoa pebbles that its just fucking gross.drinking liquid that comes from the crotch region of an animal just isnt my thing anymore. who the fuck decided in the first place that cows milk was better than lets say a goats, or a pigs...where the fuck is the reference point!?wouldnt it make more sense to just drink human milk if anything? just think about it for a minute. i thought i would just vent here as my therapist is already asleep and i know most of you could give 2 shits if i take up the server space. thanks everyone...

Does not bother me.

http://www.i-j-t.com/comedy/Yoda_Got_Milk.jpg

HowToDisappear
02-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Good Lord.

For the record, people, breast milk does not smell like sweat.

smokealotapotamus
02-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Vanilla Rice Dream is pretty damn good too.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
silk light, plain.

full on idle
02-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Meat is still murder, dairy is still rape. And I'm still as stupid as anyone, but I know my mistakes. I have recognized one form of oppression now I'll reckognize the rest. Life's too short to make others' shorter.

Encaitare
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I never liked milk, even when I was little. It just tastes wierd. Really. Just drink it and actually taste it, don't just gulp it down. *shiver* so gross. I switched to soy some time ago, and I actually enjoy the taste. Ever try a soy latte? So good.

Besides, those metal tit grabbers they hook up to the cows are just sad. Happy cows my ass.

Ariana
02-18-2007, 07:31 PM
one time i was a vegetarian for six months. but then i forgot and ate a cheeseburger. (that isn't a joke.)

i don't really like milk, and the amount of pus and other unpleasant things in it gross me out, but i can't resist the occasional bowl of cereal.

lowfront
02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
vegan here......

you guys have got to read on the dangers of soy. Of course its a 2 sided argument that we won't get into here but its defiantly something to look into. I stopped drinking soy milk after a lot of research.

Rice dream is the way to go.

atom heart
02-18-2007, 08:24 PM
mmm... I love rice dream. The only problem with having it around is that I invariably drink all of it in a day or two.

lowfront
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Ya I second that.

I get that stuff and all of a sudden its gone.

dedzilla
02-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I used to drink a crapton of milk every day until age 24, when I suddenly became lactose intolerant. I can still eat some cheese but milk is just right out. Instead, I drink almond milk or soy.. but I'm picky about my soy. I think Brown Cow or Organic Valley are decent. But almond milk is by far my favorite. It's great with cereal.