PDA

View Full Version : what you want more at the sunday rage show?

ratmfan105
02-08-2007, 06:35 PM
rare, hits, covers, or new songs

rare

boarderwoozel3
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I suspect we'll get a bit of everything. Rage is going to be so, so sweet.

ADrunkPoet
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
8-10 hits
2 covers
2 rares

Thebattleofcoachella07
02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
this is a shitty question. honestly whoever made this question should have their head examined.

if you say hits, you sound like a alternative rock faget.
if you say new songs, all new songs by old bands blow
if you say rares/covers, that leads to too many options.

just name the songs or album you want to hear from not be so fucking GENERAL.

other than that

have a nice day :)

Down Rodeo
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
The problem is, Rage don't have any new songs.

James
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Don'tcha think they could write at least a couple in the next two and a half months?

Down Rodeo
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I would be a happy man if they did.

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I just wanna hear Ashes in the Fall

SilverHaze81
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I heard on a local radio station that they had a couple new tracks they are going to perform..you can't go wrong with any of the songs they play!!

Rezzo
02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
SAVAGE ANIMAL

KiwiCoachella
02-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Know your enemy....Born of a broken man......Ghost of Tom Joad

instinct
02-09-2007, 01:09 AM
I want to only hear their new stuff..

paulb
02-09-2007, 02:34 AM
ive never seen them before, so i wanna hear all the big hits....

windscreen
02-09-2007, 03:44 AM

As in rhymes with Bob Saget?
Please if you're gonna use slurs against others spell them correctly. ******,would be the correct spelling but I prefer to be called Mr. ****** or Super ******.
:rolleyes

Hannahrain
02-09-2007, 03:51 AM
faget.

howe intelijunt too uze a stoopid slir uncurrectly. yu sownd liyke a reel kule dood.

And while i'm at it, what's wrong with having options?

woogie846
02-09-2007, 05:33 AM
I hate it when people call it 'The Sunday Rage Show.' You know, there are more bands than RATM playing.

Mo'rage
02-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Don'tcha think they could write at least a couple in the next two and a half months?

That's a lot to ask from Zack lately. Maybe the band could work off of something he's done solo that we haven't heard yet though. The other guys rip out music faster than shit.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Classic hits yeah! But new stuff is what i voted for...

A((wake))
02-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Who cares what you get as long as they play?

CurableOkie
02-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Bulls on Parade

Ill_Eagle
02-09-2007, 11:32 AM
know your enemy with maynard....PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

ratmfan105
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
this is a shitty question. honestly whoever made this question should have their head examined.

if you say new songs, all new songs by old bands blow
if you say rares/covers, that leads to too many options.

just name the songs or album you want to hear from not be so fucking GENERAL.

other than that

have a nice day :)
yeah you are the dumbest piece of shit well second THIS IS A POLL ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AT THE SUNDAY SHOW SO SHUT UP AND LISTEN
1 THEIR HITS LIKE KILLING IN THE NAME ,BULLET IN THE HEAD ,TESTIFY SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE ,etc ,etc!!!!
2 RARE SONGS LIKE CLEAR THE LANE, HIT THE DECK ,REACTION, END OF THE TUNNEL , DARKNESS etc etc!!!
3 COVERS MEANING SONGS FROM FUCKIN "RENEGADES"
4 NEW STUFF MEANING STUFF THAT THE ARE GOING TO MAKE "NEW" STUFF

SO NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO MAKE A DUMBASS COMMENT LIKE THAT AND CALL ME A *** JUST STFU AND READ YOUR COMMENT AGAIN SAY TO YOURSELF"NOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?"

ratmfan105
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM

this IS the dumbest thing ive ever heard every in my entire life
you have to be a retard or something seriously what i meant was that they would WRITE SOME NEW shit to play at the concert think dee dee dee

SilverHaze81
02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Frankie says relax...I love how people get tough on a message board..you must have some serious anger issues to blow up at somebody's response..douche bags

ratmfan105
02-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Frankie says relax...I love how people get tough on a message board..you must have some serious anger issues to blow up at somebody's response..douche bags
youre right but its stupid when someone makes a comment that doesnt make sense or is just straight up stupid then you get pissed especially when they call you a *** so please stfu fu :)

woogie846
02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
yeah you are the dumbest piece of shit well second THIS IS A POLL ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AT THE SUNDAY SHOW SO SHUT UP AND LISTEN
1 THEIR HITS LIKE KILLING IN THE NAME ,BULLET IN THE HEAD ,TESTIFY SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE ,etc ,etc!!!!
2 RARE SONGS LIKE CLEAR THE LANE, HIT THE DECK ,REACTION, END OF THE TUNNEL , DARKNESS etc etc!!!
3 COVERS MEANING SONGS FROM FUCKIN "RENEGADES"
4 NEW STUFF MEANING STUFF THAT THE ARE GOING TO MAKE "NEW" STUFF

SO NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO MAKE A DUMBASS COMMENT LIKE THAT AND CALL ME A *** JUST STFU AND READ YOUR COMMENT AGAIN SAY TO YOURSELF"NOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?"

I CAN'T HEAR YOU TRY POSTING A LITTLE LOUDER.

woogie846
02-10-2007, 08:28 AM
this IS the dumbest thing ive ever heard every in my entire life
you have to be a retard or something seriously what i meant was that they would WRITE SOME NEW shit to play at the concert think dee dee dee

They barely have any time, despite the fact that Tom Morello is in the middle of recording and rehearsing for his project, and RATM still has to rehearse for the first time in 7 years.

Plus the fact that it is 76 days away.

Thebattleofcoachella07
02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
CALL ME A ***
ok,***

LongDickWilly
02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
SAVAGE ANIMAL

LMFAO!!

matsuolost
02-10-2007, 08:12 PM
rage fans are awesome

SilverHaze81
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
youre right but its stupid when someone makes a comment that doesnt make sense or is just straight up stupid then you get pissed especially when they call you a *** so please stfu fu :)

ok, ***

matsuolost
02-10-2007, 10:53 PM
such a ***

typeoserv
02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
revolution w/ maynard

wisconsinboozer
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
I think that if they want to "give Bush the knockout blow" that they say they are gonna do (which i doubt coming from one band) they will have new material that talks about whats going on currently that we can relate to.

Cocabean
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
know your enemy w/maynard. people are so hungry for rage against the machine that I unfortunetly bet 50% of the crowd turns into one giant pit.

LA SeV
02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
i want them to bring out Maynard for "Know Your Enemy"...that would be the greatest thing they can do. Or bring out Tool and play "Revolutionaries"

KiwiCoachella
02-12-2007, 04:00 AM

To all non rage fans,

I swear to god that douchebags like this guy make up the minority of RATM fans. Please don't lump us all into the shitheap that a select few such as this guy belong in.

Thank you that is all.

Evanz0rz
02-12-2007, 04:22 AM
THANK YOU KIWICOACHELLA!

never thought id see the day when I sided with a New Zealander;-)

But in all seriousness I love RATM. But the vibe ive gotten from so many RATM fans on the messageboard is just one of stupidity and blind annoyance. Its like all they hear is loud aggressive music, and without any thought they start opening their mouth and before you know it, whoops, you sound exactly like the type of ignorant moron that Zack, Tom, Brad and Timmy C would hate. No logic there at all. Im looking at you, RATMan and Battle Of Coachella.

Please be let it be known, non Rage fans. We do appreciate other bands and we're not all mentally retarded hypocrites. Hell, some of us are even Audioslave fans;-)

KiwiCoachella
02-12-2007, 04:34 AM
THANK YOU KIWICOACHELLA!

never thought id see the day when I sided with a New Zealander;-)

But in all seriousness I love RATM. But the vibe ive gotten from so many RATM fans on the messageboard is just one of stupidity and blind annoyance. Its like all they hear is loud aggressive music, and without any thought they start opening their mouth and before you know it, whoops, you sound exactly like the type of ignorant moron that Zack, Tom, Brad and Timmy C would hate. No logic there at all. Im looking at you, RATMan and Battle Of Coachella.

Please be let it be known, non Rage fans. We do appreciate other bands and we're not all mentally retarded hypocrites. Hell, some of us are even Audioslave fans;-)

Hear hear

betao
02-12-2007, 07:14 AM
I think they should play mostly hits, because a good portion of the audience will be a younger generation who havent had the chance to hear them live. Like I got into them after they broke up.

However, a few surprises would be pretty nice...

ashtraygrl
02-12-2007, 08:52 AM
uuhhggg. i can't believe so many people picked "hits". i would have thought that would be the least popular catagory. jesus people, real fans don't want a concert of radio friendly singles.

and kiwi: i know how you feel. i'm a huge nin fan and i get really irritated by all the angsty testosterone filled assholes. the problem is that any music that is loud and/or aggresive attracts those sorts of fans. most of them don't even understand the lyrics. unfortunately, they tend to be the most obnoxious (and therefor the most "seen") of the fans, even if they are a minority. they also tend to fucking -ruin- live shows. a mosh pit is one thing, people randomly punching/kicking people who aren't a part of the mosh pit is another, and unfortunately that happens more and more these days.

el_harderino
02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
uuhhggg. i can't believe so many people picked "hits". i would have thought that would be the least popular catagory. jesus people, real fans don't want a concert of radio friendly singles.

and kiwi: i know how you feel. i'm a huge nin fan and i get really irritated by all the angsty testosterone filled assholes. the problem is that any music that is loud and/or aggresive attracts those sorts of fans. most of them don't even understand the lyrics. unfortunately, they tend to be the most obnoxious (and therefor the most "seen") of the fans, even if they are a minority. they also tend to fucking -ruin- live shows. a mosh pit is one thing, people randomly punching/kicking people who aren't a part of the mosh pit is another, and unfortunately that happens more and more these days.

Question:
1. What exactly is a "real fan"?
2. What do you have against singles?
3. By insinuating you are into the rare tracks or that you're hoping for new material how much cooler does it make you than those folks who want to hear well known songs so they can sing along and have an overall enjoyable experience?
4. Who pissed in your cornflakes?

ashtraygrl
02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
^ i don't have anything AGAINST singles. i just think that wanting a band to stick to their hits live is lame. by a "real fan" i mean someone who actualy knows their music, not someone who just knows the big hits and/or is just hoping to mosh the entire time. which is, unfortunately, what i'm seeing a hell of a lot of on this message board. ALSO i'm not a big rage fan (i like them, but that's about it) DON'T know the rare tracks, so there goes your theory of me wanting to be "cooler" than everyone else. i never claimed to be a fan. i just thought there were a lot of fans on here who wanted more than radio hits from them. i will be watching ratm perform and i hope to hear more than fucking bulls on parade. not there's anything wrong with hits. i'm just saying that a concert consisting of them alone is boring. also, most bands dislike performing all their big hits one after another.

oh and, cornflakes are gross.

toggle
02-12-2007, 01:33 PM
.....producer......producer.....producer.....produ cer......

el_harderino
02-12-2007, 02:04 PM
^ i don't have anything AGAINST singles. i just think that wanting a band to stick to their hits live is lame. by a "real fan" i mean someone who actualy knows their music, not someone who just knows the big hits and/or is just hoping to mosh the entire time. which is, unfortunately, what i'm seeing a hell of a lot of on this message board. ALSO i'm not a big rage fan (i like them, but that's about it) DON'T know the rare tracks, so there goes your theory of me wanting to be "cooler" than everyone else. i never claimed to be a fan. i just thought there were a lot of fans on here who wanted more than radio hits from them. i will be watching ratm perform and i hope to hear more than fucking bulls on parade. not there's anything wrong with hits. i'm just saying that a concert consisting of them alone is boring. also, most bands dislike performing all their big hits one after another.

oh and, cornflakes are gross.

I apologize, but your reply only poses more questions.

1. If you aren't a big rage fan, why are you so passionately concerned about the results of this poll?

2. If you aren't familiar with the rare tracks but you wish to hear "more than fucking bulls on parade", what do you wish to hear if it's not "hits"?

3. Why have you posted that cornflakes are gross? You say that as if it's a fact. Perhaps I really enjoy cornflakes and by stating that they're gross you really hurt my feelings.

kreutz2112
02-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I want them to jam for an hour and a half

ashtraygrl
02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I apologize, but your reply only poses more questions.

1. If you aren't a big rage fan, why are you so passionately concerned about the results of this poll?

2. If you aren't familiar with the rare tracks but you wish to hear "more than fucking bulls on parade", what do you wish to hear if it's not "hits"?

3. Why have you posted that cornflakes are gross? You say that as if it's a fact. Perhaps I really enjoy cornflakes and by stating that they're gross you really hurt my feelings.

1. because i'm a music fan

2. because i hear their hits on the radio all the time anyway, i'd rather hear a variiety of their music.

3. i have no problem with others liking cornflakes, but i prefer corn checks instead. the flakes cut my mouth and aren't crunchy enough for me.

betao
02-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm a big fan of RATM, have all four albums and there arent alot of songs that I dont like by them.

I'm not into moshing (never understood the concept of how agressively pushing people and sometimes hitting them is fun at concerts), so I would like to hear maybe stuff that I'm familiar with; something I could kind of sing along with.

Hearing a song over and over again on the radio or on a CD will get boring, but nearly anyone will agree that music is soo much better when heard live. I'll get sick of listening to Bulls on Parade too, but hell I still want to hear it live.

And plus, like I said earlier, i'm willing to bet that a fair amount of the crowd there got into RATM after they broke up; they've never had the pleasure of hearing them live (those live CDs dont count).

They should do a few covers, but look at the results of the "best RATM album" poll: everyone thinks Renegades is the worst. So why should they play covers when most fans like the other stuff?

As for new stuff, I doubt they'll play any new songs. I just dont think they'll have gotten together enough or have the vibe together to make new tunes.

So bottom line, I'd like to hear stuff from the first 3 albums, maybe a song or two from Renegades.

Oh and one last note: I apologize on behalf of the "good" RATM fans for the way some people act. Not everyone has their head up their ass like some of the people here.

dualmoodswings
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
i love RATM, but seriously, stop this fucking threads, enough is enough is enough...

ratmfan105
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
ok so just listen up for a second im not putting myself up on a pedastool and saying im a better fan than you but im a bit obcessed with them so i have more stuff than the usual rage fan would so with that said....

i get what you guys are saying about getting tired and hate hearing a hit over and over like if it gets played on the radio so that why i listen to everything i have because i have like 21 live albums ,radio show concerts ,demos, mash ups, jams, remixs, rarities, originals, and the public albums so what i do is listen to all of it so im not listening to the same version over and over again because all toms solos are unique and sound different and zack will change up lyrics and stuff so when you have more things to listen to you hear it differently so yeah if you want some rare stuff for free download audio and videos go to www.guerrillaradio.com or net what ever

hangthedj112
02-12-2007, 04:45 PM
ok so just listen up for a second im not putting myself up on a pedastool and saying im a better fan than you but im a bit obcessed with them so i have more stuff than the usual rage fan would so with that said....

i get what you guys are saying about getting tired and hate hearing a hit over and over like if it gets played on the radio so that why i listen to everything i have because i have like 21 live albums ,radio show concerts ,demos, mash ups, jams, remixs, rarities, originals, and the public albums so what i do is listen to all of it so im not listening to the same version over and over again because all toms solos are unique and sound different and zack will change up lyrics and stuff so when you have more things to listen to you hear it differently so yeah if you want some rare stuff for free download audio and videos go to www.guerrillaradio.com or net what ever

*pedestal
*obsessed

Why can't most rage fans spell? >>

dualmoodswings
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
dude, im just sayin... you can post your opinions about rage in the other 3874903203285490238428429 existing threads.

roberto73
02-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Personally, I'd like them to play the Neil Diamond songbook. Their version of "Love on the Rocks" would absolutely shred.