PDA

View Full Version : 2009 COACHELLA UNCONFIRMED LINEUP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

digitaldragon03
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
LOL FUCK THIS THREAD. SCOOPER LICKS BALLS.

Mr. E
09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I live in Puerto Rico...that means I got to listen to shitty music all the time Lil Wayne included lol. At least I got my SALSA station!

PierogiHead
09-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes they did. The former producer is now in charge of video production and the assistant producer got bumped up to producer. Damn.

I still relayed the message, so who knows. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for an answer, let's end it at that. I don't think the person is going to feel comfortable asking (it's one of those "professionalism" things.)

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
she also said jan 26th, i remember reading that on her main page last week.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:07 AM
THE BOARD'S LIST AS OF 1/29/09

TOP 7 HEADLINER POSSIBILITIES: WE HOPE TO GET 2 CORRECT
PAUL MCCARTNEY
U2
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
METALLICA
NINE INCH NAILS
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE SMITHS

PREDICTED LINEUP:
WE ARE HOPING TO GET UP TO 85 OF THE BANDS CORRECT:

MORRISSEY
PAVEMENT
PUBLIC ENEMY
THE KILLERS
FRANZ FERDINAND
KINGS OF LEON
KEANE
YEAH YEAH YEAHS
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS
BASEMENT JAXX
ORBITAL
LUPE FIASCO
THE REPLACEMENTS
TV ON THE RADIO
PAUL WELLER
EAGLES OF DEATH METAL
OF MONTREAL
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
PUSICFER
O'DEATH
K'NAAN
M.A.N.D.Y.
ONE DAY AS A LION
TRICKY
LILY ALLEN
ADELE
PRIMAL SCREAM
B.B.KING
LOU REED
MASTODON
THE SPECIALS
CONOR OBERST AND THE MYSTIC VALLEY BAND
GARY NUMAN
BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE
FRIENDLY FIRES
FOALS
ALPHABEAT
FLOBOTS
LADY GAGA
SKUNK ANASIE
THE TING TINGS
CRYSTAL CASTLES
ROBYN
DEERHUNTER
EVIL NINE
MOGWAI
ELBOW
AMANDA PALMER
BURAKA SOM SISTEMA
WHITE LIES
N.A.S.A.
TINARIWEN
CROOKERS
FLEET FOXES
THE AIRBOURNE TOXIC EVENT
DROP THE LIME
NO AGE
LOS COMPENSINOS!
TURBONEGRO
THE BLACK KEYS
RONI SIZE REPRAZENT
DEREK TRUCKS BAND WITH BOOKER T. JONES
BAJOFONDO
LYKKE LI
BAND OF HORSES
FLYING LOTUS
GUI BORATTO
THE HOLD STEADY
THE BUG
SEBASTIAN TELLIER
THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM
PEANUT BUTTER WOLF
NOAH AND THE WHALE
GIRL TALK
MONOTONIX
THEMSELVES
MIKE PATTON/RAHZEL
THE PRESETS
GLASVEGAS
REVERAND HORTON HEAT
LYRICS BORN
THE BLOODY BEETROOTS
KODE9
GREAT NORTHERN
CHAIRLIFT
THE VIRGINS
THE KNUX
HERCULES AND LOVE AFFAIR
LADYHAWKE
JENNY LEWIS
A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS
PEANUT BUTTER WOLF
PASSION PIT
THE ASTEROIDS GALAXY TOUR
SPINNERETTE
HER SPACE HOLIDAY
BEACH HOUSE
EMPIRE OF THE SUN
ALABAMA 3
THE DEARS
BORIS
LOVE IS ALL
JAY REATARD
DEERHOOF
ESTELLE
DR DOG
VIEUX FARKA TOURE
LUCENT DOSSIER
STANTON WARRIORS
ARMIN VAN BUREN
FOUR TET
GANG GANG DANCE
VIVIAN GIRLS
WE ARE SCIENTISTS
BUILT TO SPILL
KIMYA DAWSON
THE HEARTLESS BASTARDS
LATE OF THE PIER
Q-TIP/A TRIBE CALLED QUEST
MEXICAN INSTITUTE OF SOUND
CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE

bullokz
01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
WTF

SNAP

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:12 AM
just moved the list to a new thread and updated with emails that were sent to me this morning and other board members have gotten amazing info so this is the updated list... it could and will change so check back and have fun!

bullokz
01-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm going to see the real list next week. We are sick and tired of your bullshit lists/threads.

I did'nt even look at the bands in this thread's list.

jgd855
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
as much as i myself highly doubt that daft punk will be at coachella in 09, it has been stated by busy p himself that the duo were working on an album this past summer.... just thought i would throw that out there

and i am sure someone might have already mentioned this, so before you jump down my throat, realize im not going to read through 8000+ post in the uncofirmed thread to figure this out.

bullokz
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
im not going to read through 8000+ post in the uncofirmed thread to figure this out.

Good call!

Not reading scooper's threads = stress-free life

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:17 AM
thanks for the info jgd. its been mentioned and thats why the list was moved so we could start from scratch since we are 2 weeks away from the announcement... anyone who gets all butthurt and cuts down the list are the same ones who give the board nothing but crap anyways so its pointless to talk to them... any info is good info and for fun so thanks!!

quicksand
01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
so is this pretty much the lineup? i'm confused as to where this all came from all of a sudden. this would be a baller lineup though.. majorly baller.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:19 AM
u will be gone soon bullokz so enjoy your rants........ for everyone else, we are getting close! :)

Boourns
01-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Way too many mid-tier acts. Maybe 1/3rd of them will actually play

bullokz
01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
We expect Daft Punk to be included in your epic BS "Top 3 headliners based on all sources" list. It's those kind of bullshits.

Do we really need this thread?

quicksand
01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Way too many mid-tier acts. Maybe 1/3rd of them will actually play

yeah but 10 year anniversary calls for bigger acts!

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
so is this pretty much the lineup? i'm confused as to where this all came from all of a sudden. this would be a baller lineup though.. majorly baller.

its just a rumored lineup.... due to certian sources, i cannot and will not confirm this lineup as fact. its for information purposes only... the previous thread i started was done 4 months ago just to keep everyone updated as to who might play, but as usual, some people tend to take alot of stuff too seriously so people now are assuming the list is me having either one on one talks with paul or just complete bullshit... '

ill say this one more time........ info i have is all over the internet and some of it you can just piece together....... even if i have the rough draft in front of me and i just tweak the lineup cuz ive been told to, would you really believe me? thats my point.... its all in fun and if you want the real lineup, u will have it in 2 weeks.. maybe sooner if we are nice! :)

artisticcreator
01-06-2009, 08:23 AM
No matter who is coming, it will be awesome for the 10th!

bullokz
01-06-2009, 08:24 AM
its just a rumored lineup.... due to certian sources, i cannot and will not confirm this lineup as fact. its for information purposes only... the previous thread i started was done 4 months ago just to keep everyone updated as to who might play, but as usual, some people tend to take alot of stuff too seriously so people now are assuming the list is me having either one on one talks with paul or just complete bullshit... '

ill say this one more time........ info i have is all over the internet and some of it you can just piece together....... even if i have the rough draft in front of me and i just tweak the lineup cuz ive been told to, would you really believe me? thats my point.... its all in fun and if you want the real lineup, u will have it in 2 weeks.. maybe sooner if we are nice! :)

Did you just forget you already have a thread for this crap?

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:24 AM
i think out of the 30 high mid-tier acts, we will proably get half of those... i think there are too many in that group as well so it will proabably be trimmed down once more tour dates come out for some of these bands this week...

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Great job scooper!!!! Thanks for doing the list again this year.

And for the record, if this is the actual line up or it comes really close... I would be ecstatic!!!!!

Radiohead
Chemical Brothers
Basement Jaxx
Beck
KOL
TV on the Radio

Shit!!! My wishlist is coming true.

scoop49er
bullokz, im not gonna let u shit all over this like you did the other one... if u dont like itfuck off and go away and i am gonna follow u around till u go away... u wanted this, u got it........ go away

Mr. E
we could get boris????

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Great job scooper!!!! Thanks for doing the list again this year.

And for the record, if this is the actual line up or it comes really close... I would be ecstatic!!!!!

Radiohead
Chemical Brothers
Basement Jaxx
Beck
KOL
TV on the Radio

Shit!!! My wishlist is coming true.

i appreciate it... alot of digging for dirt and just browing the web and also listening to my friends and sources.

i used to fall into that trap of feeling like i had to say"my friend at capitol records told me...."shit.

now i just have fun with it and like to provide info to my coachella friends as the ones who have been here and have been talking about this for months get this list... the others are slow as usual but thats ok.... :) they will catch up...

Boourns
01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Any word on asobi seksu or broken social scene?

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:34 AM
funny u mention that cuz they were on my list of bands to review today..,. im gonna ask today ill get to you on those 2... :)

Boourns
01-06-2009, 08:35 AM
yay thank u kindly!

Mr. E
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
scoop look for BORIS please!!!!!!!!!!!

obzen
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
just moved the list to a new thread and updated with emails that were sent to me this morning and other board members have gotten amazing info so this is the updated list... it could and will change so check back and have fun!

just wonderin-was your info on Radiohead amazing in itself scoop?

(no sarcasm)

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm sorry but if thats the majority of the bill i have to say its a Disapointment so far

Mr. E
01-06-2009, 08:39 AM
STFU CONFIRMED IM NOT TALKING To YOU

Boourns
01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Boris has to play! They are in my prediction pool.

Wata <3

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey scooper are you updating CoS?

Mr. E
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Boris has to play! They are in my prediction pool.

Wata <3

you know it! I saw them back in 07 in New York with michio kurihara..beautiful but at the same time sick set. WATA!

faxman75
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
No Wilco rumored? They say they are touring the southern US in April, that has to at least put them on the rumor list.

Trent Reznor tells a Vegas crowd about secret dates in April he's not allowed to announce yet and that doesn't get them on the rumor list either?

These are both from the bands themselves. Come on and get with it. Those aren't confirmations but they sure as hell have to be strong rumors.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:44 AM
radiohead has got those shows in march, stadium shows so their setup will be ready for coachella, its been 5 yrs since they have headlined coachella and it would be a one-off show not a us tour. so it makes sense. unlesss something changes in the next few days, they are a frontrunner to be a sunday closer and it would help coachella sell tix to regroup from last year. it all makes sense.... its a safe play and i have good sources on it. but its not 100 percent.... ill say that every time. just relax and take a deep breath and lets hope they worked it out....

obzen
01-06-2009, 08:46 AM
radiohead has got those shows in march, stadium shows so their setup will be ready for coachella, its been 5 yrs since they have headlined coachella and it would be a one-off show not a us tour. so it makes sense. unlesss something changes in the next few days, they are a frontrunner to be a sunday closer and it would help coachella sell tix to regroup from last year. it all makes sense.... its a safe play and i have good sources on it. but its not 100 percent.... ill say that every time. just relax and take a deep breath and lets hope they worked it out....

hey scoop............................................. ................thanks for listening.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:46 AM
i never try to scam the coachella family..... i worked my ass off to get the prince info last year and if anyone paid attention, i had the info for you and some were there to enjoy it with me so hopefully the work im putting into it will be correct. if not, they hey, at least i know i tried and its for fun anyways!! :)

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 08:49 AM
ok ill be back in a few hours with more info...... :) everyone try to get some radiohead info and if u get any, pass it along........ i know some will say its a pipedream but things happened last year that shot down the idea early for coachella 08 but pointed to 09.... some of the regulars know what im talking about...

obzen
01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
ok ill be back in a few hours with more info...... :) everyone try to get some radiohead info and if u get any, pass it along........ i know some will say its a pipedream but things happened last year that shot down the idea early for coachella 08 but pointed to 09.... some of the regulars know what im talking about...

Prince covering Radiohead's Creep last year,thats BEEN my info...

TonyWonder
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Is PJ Harvey on the list for any reason other than a new album coming out?

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Prince covering Radiohead's Creep last year,thats BEEN my info...

lol nice find ill add that immediately lol

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Radiohead

You bastard. Yesterday, NationOcean was saying the Sunday closer was Bowie, this is out of control.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
You bastard. Yesterday, NationOcean was saying the Sunday closer was Bowie, this is out of control.

just remember...Neil Young (supposely) was supposed to be a headliner...so if anything...Fri: The Killers Sat: Radiohead w/ Neil Young Sun: David Bowie = EPICFUCKINGCEHLLA...but this will all be wrong...

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM
just remember...Neil Young (supposely) was supposed to be a headliner...so if anything...Fri: The Killers Sat: Radiohead w/ Neil Young Sun: David Bowie = EPICFUCKINGCEHLLA...but this will all be wrong...

Look above or on the last page though... scoop is saying Sunday for Radiohead. This is bullshit... the prospect of Radiohead or Bowie actually being at Coachella is distracting me from work way too much.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Look above or on the last page though... scoop is saying Sunday for Radiohead. This is bullshit... the prospect of Radiohead or Bowie actually being at Coachella is distracting me from work way too much.

We're in the same boat. Also, I heard talks of maybe Bowie on Sunday..so who fucking knows...also I heard of Radiohead closing Sunday since October.

mr powerful
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
En eSPANIOL QUE PEDO? sPANISH aCTS COMPITA?!?!?!

faxman75
01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm just trying to figure out the rhyme or reason to the list. Are all those artists somehow much more possible than NIN and WILCO two bands who claim to be touring either the Southern US or to have secret dates they can't announce yet both in the month of April?

All of them on that list? Really?

Xenocide
01-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Jesus scoop, one worthless thread was enough, wasn't it?

and i can name 3 acts on your list that are for sure NOT playing Coachella... so doesn't it make it all worthless??

ao3333
01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Radiohead are blah blah blah every year and they never grace the lineup. I would love it if they weren't announced and just did a suprise mojavi appearance at 2pm on Saturday.

Honestly I just don't care if Radiohead are there. They went festival overload last year and i've just been hearing for so long about how their doing coachella again and again and again that I stopped caring. Give me like, Paul Simon with the whole african percussion playing Graceland and Garfunkel in a cage, only allowed out to play America... and maybe Bridge over Troubled Water... and then back in the cage for you!

betao
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm just trying to figure out the rhyme or reason to the list. Are all those artists somehow much more possible than NIN and WILCO two bands who claim to be touring either the Southern US or to have secret dates they can't announce yet both in the month of April?

All of them on that list? Really?

That's really what I'm trying to figure out. I havent heard a single word on some of those other bands. It logistically seems like scoop just pulled them out of his ass.

Scoop, some of us would really like to know where a few of those names are coming from, seeing as they haven't been mentioned anywhere within the past few months. For example: The Orb.

And you know you can't come back after the lineup is out and say "hey look, I was right", because lets face it, if you list nearly 200 names, you're bound to get a few right.

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 09:41 AM
seriously! how did Paul Mc ever even become a possible headliner, where is the info, where are the sources, no one even answered that one??

luckyface
01-06-2009, 09:41 AM
If people would recognize that these lists mean little to nothing and stop devoting so much attention to them, then maybe there wouldn't be as many people trying to take advantage of the board's gullibility.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Well the shit gets dismissed and giggled at fairly quickly when it's the n00b screen names and poster but Scoop obviously doesn't fall into that category hence the questioning. I don't understand the difference between this thread and the last thread either. I'm just wondering what causes scoop to put a bands name on the list and leave others off who at least have soft hintings from the band themselves.

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 09:46 AM
me too fax!! me too

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Dude says it's all just for fun...plus what we talk about without stuff like this? Probably just how much we want the line up, and that gets old fast. Thanks scoop.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Alright then, sorry Scoop, i'm not gonna thank you for creating a second thread for no apparent reason then. I didn't realize this was simply a Scoops prediction thread X 2.

betao
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
and Rocke, it's the new people and lurkers who fall for the fake lineups. the regulars and old timers here know the routine, that this shit happens all the time.

betao
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Dude says it's all just for fun...plus what we talk about without stuff like this? Probably just how much we want the line up, and that gets old fast. Thanks scoop.

I really don't see how the way he has made these threads/posts can be justified with the term "just for fun".

bobert
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
This isn't the lineup!!! These are just rumors!!! Where are the sources?? Speculation!! Speculation!! Take Deep Breaths!!! All in good fun!!!

This thread is hilarious.....

faxman75
01-06-2009, 09:56 AM
I really don't see how the way he has made these threads/posts can be justified with the term "just for fun".

Right so another words we should all post our predictions in our own thread and we can have 900 threads. Scoop says "we" but it's just him throwing up bands against the wall and seeing if anything sticks.

I guess I understand more clearly now.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
OK PEOPLE, LISTEN UP!

Scooper did this last year, and here are the results :

confirmed by either myspace or fansites or other news outlets.
of these bands that we researched we only got 4 wrong! 35/39!! 87.5% great job everyone!!

Portishead
the Verve
the Raconteurs
Jack Johnson
My Morning Jacket
Rilo Kiley
The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Deltron 3030
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
VHS or Beta
The Cinematic Orchestra w/Heidi Vogel
Autolux
Electric Touch
Austin TV
Chromeo
Dredg
Sons & Daughters
Duffy
Goldfrapp
Akron/family band
Spirtualized
Kavinski
Animal Collective
Simian Mobile Disco
The Verve
Cafe Tacuba
YB
Islands
Rabbit in the Moon
Tegan and Sara
Marcus Schulz
The bird and the bee
Does it offend you yeah?
Booka Shade
Yoav
Adam Freeland

These bands below were mentioned in a la times blog by a very credible source so it does have some cred so here are those bands:

looks like 3 were wrong here so still not bad at all: 6/9 66.7%

Justice
Jens Lekman
Junkie XL
UNKLE
Dan Deacon
Brett Dennen
Battles
Crystal Castles
Louis XIV

below these are bands who are touring and will be around the west coast within a few weeks of the festival and have open dates with nothing in So Cal scheduled:

4-12 here: 33.3%

Gutter twins
Les savy fav
Sun kil moon
Mark kozelek
Hot chip
Blind Melon
The Wailers
Dwight Yoakam
Midnight juggernauts
Grupo Fantasma
Blitzen trappen
The Cult

Scooper was spot on in many of the bands.
So, I don't know why some boardmembers are so bitchy about this thread.

Here's the link to last years thread.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13722

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
um, because that was edited on Jan 21st at 9pm.

the line up had already been announced

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 10:00 AM

Dude, you weren't even lurking here at that time.

And you are a fucking genius man! Why do you think it was altered? Don't you see we compared it to the actual line-up?

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 10:01 AM
No. I was here way before that. He had a bigger list than that at first. And he DID change names after the line up came out.

captncrzy
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Confirmed/NationOcean is right.

betao
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
This isn't the lineup!!! These are just rumors!!! Where are the sources?? Speculation!! Speculation!! Take Deep Breaths!!! All in good fun!!!

This thread is hilarious.....

Yes we get it - it's all for fun.

But what we don't get is how, normally in the first thread, names that he has "heaviliy rumored" are names that haven't even been spoken of around these parts for a couple of months. What we don't get are where these names are coming from.

What I want to know is what separates his list from a fake lineup.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 10:05 AM

Maybe because last years was based on all the credible info outlined in last years thread where this year it says zero about myspace, latimes blogs, the bands themselves or the tour schedules.

I would say that's a pretty big difference between this year and last year. If it's the same then he can simply say so as he did last year. Instead this year we have two threads with little explanation as to why some bands are on and some are off the list.

Blinken
01-06-2009, 10:05 AM
and Rocke, it's the new people and lurkers who fall for the fake lineups. the regulars and old timers here know the routine, that this shit happens all the time.

Unless your name is Amy then you fall for anything.

captncrzy
01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Confirmed/NationOcean is right.

as of 1/20/08 11:23 AM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop49er
These bands have been confirmed by their my space page or other outlets:

Portishead (recently confirmed by urb magazine website)
The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Deltron 3030
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
VHS or Beta
The Cinematic Orchestra w/Heidi Vogel
Autolux
Electric Touch
Austin TV
Chromeo
Dredg
Sons & Daughters
Duffy
Goldfrapp
Akron/family band
Spirtualized
Kavinski
Animal Collective
Simian Mobile Disco
The Verve
Cafe Tacuba
YB
My Morning jacket
Islands
Rabbit in the Moon
Tegan and Sara
Marcus Schulz
The bird and the bee
Does it offend you yeah?
Booka Shade
Yoav
Adam Freeland

These bands below were mentioned in a la times blog by a very credible source so it does have some cred so here are those bands:

Justice
Jens Lekman
Junkie XL
UNKLE
Dan Deacon
Brett Dennen
Battles
Crystal Castles
Louis XIV

below these are bands who are touring and will be around the west coast within a few weeks of the festival and have open dates with nothing in So Cal scheduled:

Gutter twins
Les savy fav
Sun kil moon
Mark kozelek
Hot chip
Blind Melon
The Wailers
Dwight Yoakam
Midnight juggernauts
Grupo Fantasma
Blitzen trappen

finally these are bands that are touring. one point is they have no dates conflicting with coachella but the second point is there are no west coast dates in april, just a opening so these are more doubtful but possible. Also listed are artists who are coachella material who have albums coming out:

The bravery
The hives
Holy fuck
Super furry animals
Kanye west
Buckethead
Pinback
Los lobos
Ryan adams
Queens of the stone age
White light riot
Limbeck
Carlos Santana
Wyclef Jean
Siouxsie
Molotov
Wilco
The Pogues
Rush
Feist
Stars
Broken social scene
Calvin Harris
PM dawn
Clap you hands say yeah
G love and special sauce
Arrested Development
Robert Randolph and the Family Band
Genghis tron
Candy Dulfer
Cut Chemist
The Liars
The Black Mollys
The Mars Volta
PJ Harvey
KT Tunstall
Kate Nash
The Eels
Incubus
Coldplay
Moby
Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
The Cure
Band of Horses
Coheed and Cambria
Joss stone
Brian wilson
Shirley Manson
Nada Surf
Kinky
Sherwood
Tricky
Royksopp
Ladytron
Kimya Dawson
M.A.N.D.Y
Prince
the Teenagers
Jeffree Starr

also check these sites out for other rumours, updates, and info!

http://consequenceofsound.com/summer-festival-outlook/

http://avoision.blogspot.com/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/buzz...cab-for-c.html

if u have any info on artists we can add, just let me know.

Blinken
01-06-2009, 10:08 AM

Majorly baller is right. just remember to play with those balls while choking some cock.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Dani>>>>JustSteve>>>>>>>>>>>Monklish>>>nationocean>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scooper

damn...so Monklish is on to something then....

patsfan5454
it is B.S. that scoop takes bands off and puts some on and takes some of and puts some on and never gives any reasoning behind these moves, its like his wish list or somethin, give us some sources for christ's sake!

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 10:10 AM
damn...so Monklish is on to something then....

Monklish knows more than Scoop.

Dani knows more than I do.

Paul Tollett knows more than everyone.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Monklish knew about Kraftwerk, yes? That's really impressive because that kind of came out of nowhere.

Xenocide
01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
OK PEOPLE, LISTEN UP!

Here's the link to last years thread.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13722

yeah, he updates his list almost daily adding anything anyone anywhere posts... including all rumors and leaks, up until the lineup is released, with all that, it's not so hard to get alot right...

i can name at least three bands on his list that he added just because i said they were playing... and even one that has said they are NOT playing...

BOTTOM LINE: IF YOUR ONLY REAL SOURCE IS THIS MESSAGE BOARD (or bloggers whose only source is this board), THEN YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!!!!

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
BOTTOM LINE: IF YOUR ONLY REAL SOURCE IS THIS MESSAGE BOARD (or bloggers whose only source is this board), THEN YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!!!!

AMEN!

amyzzz
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Unless your name is Amy then you fall for anything.
Only if it's a positive YES for The Smiths or Radiohead.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM

ok u r new so i will update you on last years thread:

it was updated after the announcement was made and we went through the list to see how well we ALL DID!! all of us contributed to that list.....

the list is not over. its gonna get trimmed and then we will see how we do.....

:)

roger waters got us all by surprise.....

Tosh0
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
honestly its the 10th year anniversary, im just speculating but i am expecting nothing less than epic headliners like radiohead or Daft Punk. i really believe that this year will be one of the best.

and does anyone have any info if Ben Folds would potentially play?
that would make me very happy

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 10:26 AM
ok here is where alot of you are misguided:

1. sources: no one really cares who my sources are... the sources are you, myself, goldenvoice, friends in the biz, rumors, etc,etc,etc...

2. the list: honestly, do your own homework if you dont like the list.. its real simple. this is here for information purposes only.. you dont have to agree and if im right, so what? if im wrong, so what? it doesnt matter.........

3. i put this together because there a zillion things that are rumored so i try to put it under 1 thread so its easier for people to see who MIGHT BE PLAYING. notihng is ever ever ever confirmed until the lineup from paul comes out!!

4. if the message board was my only source, id take it...... there are some amazing music minded people in here and they love music as much as i do so dont cut down my brothers and sisters in here fucker! from paulb, to sbessiso to sacleaonard to teamcoach to massivechemicalpunk, we are all here cuz we love to talk music.

so if you dont like it, thats fine, just dont get all fucking mighty with your talk. either join the club or fuck off! AMEN!!

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 10:32 AM
i have one problem with that, and thats the sources, i think everyone on here does care who and where the sources are coming from, thats what makes the information believable, so if every band had a source we could more or less do our own confirming of bands based on the source, i think a majority of the bands listed arent from credible sources like lurkers coming on here just posting in this thread

psychic friend
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
hey scooper, who at gv is your source? I'd love to let paul t know.

ThomThom
01-06-2009, 10:35 AM

PWNED

Boourns
01-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Taul Pollett

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
i have one problem with that, and thats the sources, i think everyone on here does care who and where the sources are coming from, thats what makes the information believable, so if every band had a source we could more or less do our own confirming of bands based on the source, i think a majority of the bands listed arent from credible sources like lurkers coming on here just posting in this thread

but sometimes there are great finds at times from lurkers. its not science, its just a list... :)

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Ugh... If I had a dime for every person who asks " IS RADIOHEAD GOING TO BE THERE??!?!"

bobert
01-06-2009, 10:37 AM

1. sources: no one really cares who my sources are... the sources are you, myself, goldenvoice, friends in the biz, rumors, etc,etc,etc...

2. the list: honestly, do your own homework if you dont like the list.. its real simple. this is here for information purposes only.. you dont have to agree and if im right, so what? if im wrong, so what? it doesnt matter.........

3. i put this together because there a zillion things that are rumored so i try to put it under 1 thread so its easier for people to see who MIGHT BE PLAYING. notihng is ever ever ever confirmed until the lineup from paul comes out!!

4. if the message board was my only source, id take it...... there are some amazing music minded people in here and they love music as much as i do so dont cut down my brothers and sisters in here fucker! from paulb, to sbessiso to sacleaonard to teamcoach to massivechemicalpunk, we are all here cuz we love to talk music.

so if you dont like it, thats fine, just dont get all fucking mighty with your talk. either join the club or fuck off! AMEN!!

Dude, you seem like a nice guy, and all the time and effort you put into compiling these lists is impressive and admirable, but you really need to stop explaining yourself over and over. There would be more dignity in it.

Xenocide
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM

speak of the devil...

hey Dani, check my quote!

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM

i love u too PF... :)

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
speak of the devil...

hey Dani, check my quote!

Hey Xeno, you might want to spell his name right.

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Dude, you seem like a nice guy, and all the time and effort you put into compiling these lists is impressive and admirable, but you really need to stop explaining yourself over and over. There would be more dignity in it.

i feel ya...

usually i dont say much but sometimes u have to speak up but i with ya.... ill shut up now.. :)

jgd855
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
ok u r new so i will update you on last years thread:

it was updated after the announcement was made and we went through the list to see how well we ALL DID!! all of us contributed to that list.....

the list is not over. its gonna get trimmed and then we will see how we do.....

:)

roger waters got us all by surprise.....

did roger waters really catch you off guard? i saw on WIKIPEDIA, of all places, long before the lineup was even being discussed on the boards that it was rumoured that pink floyd might be at coachella in 2008.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
And I saw The Beatles on there.

psychic friend
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey Xeno, you might want to spell his name right.

oh snap

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
here's another tidbit for you all. all this "someone at golden voice told me" bullshit is just that, bullshit. that office that deals with coachella (off wilshire).. great bunch of people. and when you go through HR, you sign some nifty little papers so every employee (way less than you think) knows the shit they would be in if they leak anything. Every email and website is known by IT. Just in general, all places that have confidential info does.

psychic friend
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
i love u too PF... :)

its ok you can PM me

Young blood
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
sweet.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Why last year did you state they came from those places and this year not?

That's all fine and dandy too but you ultimately decide who makes the list and who doesn't despite the recommendations, correct? I have said weeks ago, a few days ago and over and over again today Wilco and NIN have both made statements in the last few weeks that they are touring in April. Trent said in Vegas he was playing shows in april he wasn't allowed to announce yet and Wilco sent an e-mail saying they are touring the southern US.

So, you basically take random board members and noobs over the bands themselves?

That just seems odd to ignore two big bands like that. We're talking a headliner and a subheadliner and they are not on your list yet you want us to give credibility to Salah and Paul (no offense to either of course) but you keep ignoring two bands that should at the very least be as credible as some board members thoughts, no?

Young blood
01-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Look how angry you are getting.

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM

He has nothing better to do.

Boourns
here's another tidbit for you all. all this "someone at golden voice told me" bullshit is just that, bullshit. that office that deals with coachella (off wilshire).. great bunch of people. and when you go through HR, you sign some nifty little papers so every employee (way less than you think) knows the shit they would be in if they leak anything. Every email and website is known by IT. Just in general, all places that have confidential info does.

Yeah, it would be really foolish to leak something to a bunch of internets people when it means losing your job/getting sued/etc.

scoop49er
jeez faxman...... il look into it.. damn!!

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Here are you best sources people:

Random REAL interviews.. a lot of the people who interview outside of the US, say when a band is in Germany or Australia.. bands will be more off the cuff and might just say 'we will be at coachella' or in the US in April.. Many bands have done that. Just search out for really recent interviews for the band you are looking for

Wikipedia -- check it often and at odd times. Real people with REAL information know Wikipedia more than say.. this message board. They will post something and then it will be removed later. Many have put the last line of what the bands are up to. It happens more than you think.

Yahoo -- surprisingly, they are pretty good. Their music dept. has no ties to pretty much anyone to do with GV/Coachella. They don't mind revealing bands or sources. Check their music interviews and general music blog.

Coachella Forum -- bitch all you want, but over the years but this forum has had more confirmations and general brainstorming than any other website. take everything with a grain of salt but again out of the 200 bands rumored on this website, you will have your line up within it somewhere.

LA Times Blog -- of course, they are great and they have REAL sources that talk to them all the time. same with pitchfork but they live by a code. LA doesn't so much ;)

BAD sources --

MySpace, 98% of bands don't have anything to do with their myspace and the people who do (Fox Interactive Media in Santa Monica, been in their offices too) are low level people who don't know anything. So they could mess with you or whatever they want to respond to you.

Labels -- the worst of the worst source. no info to give you and never will. they are like william morris agency.

Stereogum/Cos/Bloggers -- they steal from everyone, don't have any real sources and you might get one or two real bands out of it, but it's pain to get through it all. i don't even bother anymore.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
He has nothing better to do.

Grrrr Ragerrrr Grrrrr

Foucault
01-06-2009, 11:13 AM

He goes by "Deep Throat"

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
damn...I leave for lunch and come back and everyone is all aggro...RAGE!!!!!!!! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

faxman75
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM

I'm looking. Grrrrr.

PierogiHead
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
He goes by "Deep Throat"

And by "Deep Throat" we are talking about "Confirmed", yet unlike the Nixon scandal, this nickname according to word on the street, was chosen because he does take it all the way down. How else do you think he gets his leaks?

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I really don't understand the aggression here. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe if this dude misses one band we all punch him in the stomach.

Mr. E
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Here are you best sources people:

Wikipedia -- check it often and at odd times. Real people with REAL information know Wikipedia more than say.. this message board. They will post something and then it will be removed later. Many have put the last line of what the bands are up to. It happens more than you think.

yeah like this one right now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Coachella_Valley_Music_and_Arts_Festival

The 2009 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will be held April 17-19[1].

[edit] Lineup

David Bowie, The Smiths, Boards of Canada, DJ Paul Tollett, psychic friend (spoken word set), kroqken in the Blind Date Tent, thelastgreatman vs suprefan steel cage cripple fight, Survivor All Stars, AIDZ NEEDLEZ, abortion tent, Desert Cottage: an art installation by Thomas Kinkade, Animal Collective performing Hulkster in Heaven, Smokenut sniffing his own farts, quicksand's dad vs coolhandluke, DJ Peretz, Ozzy Osbourne biting the heads off O RLY owls, Katy Perry vs Lindsay Lohan lesfaux attention whore showdown, special commemorative hats by Fedoras R Us, PLUR, cooking with Menik, It's Raining Jack Johnson, the dolab

[edit] References

HandBanana
01-06-2009, 11:21 AM
AIDZ NEEDLEZ has sucked ever since Ronnie Fistfelch left the group to pursue macramé

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
AIDZ NEEDLEZ has sucked ever since Ronnie Fistfelch left the group to pursue macramé

LMFAO

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 11:24 AM

Lineup
psychic friend (spoken word set), thelastgreatman vs suprefan steel cage cripple fight, AIDZ NEEDLEZ, Smokenut sniffing his own farts, quicksand's dad vs coolhandluke, Ozzy Osbourne biting the heads off O RLY owls, cooking with Menik

I'm not missing any of these.

betao
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM

[edit] Lineup

David Bowie, The Smiths, Boards of Canada, DJ Paul Tollett, psychic friend (spoken word set), kroqken in the Blind Date Tent, thelastgreatman vs suprefan steel cage cripple fight, Survivor All Stars, AIDZ NEEDLEZ, abortion tent, Desert Cottage: an art installation by Thomas Kinkade, Animal Collective performing Hulkster in Heaven, Smokenut sniffing his own farts, quicksand's dad vs coolhandluke, DJ Peretz, Ozzy Osbourne biting the heads off O RLY owls, Katy Perry vs Lindsay Lohan lesfaux attention whore showdown, special commemorative hats by Fedoras R Us, PLUR, cooking with Menik, It's Raining Jack Johnson, the dolab

[edit] References

:rotfl:lool

PierogiHead
01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I really don't understand the aggression here. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe if this dude misses one band we all punch him in the stomach.

I'm messing around here and don't care either way what the guy/girl/it thing does, knows or says.

CONFIRMED, if you are reading this, I don't harbour any hostility towards you despite what you have directed towards me and vice versa. If you have heard stuff we don't know, you're pretty lucky. I'm just a music fan without a single "in", "source" or whatever except what I have in front of me by browsing the web. We're all excited, and hopefully you can join us in the excitement the day the announcement arrives.

Foucault
01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
And by "Deep Throat" we are talking about "Confirmed", yet unlike the Nixon scandal, this nickname according to word on the street, was chosen because he does take it all the way down. How else do you think he gets his leaks?

Ok, now I like your posts.

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
You're too young to play that sound boy.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Radiohead will not be playing Coachella. This has been confirmed by a former reporter with the L.A. Times.

For every band, there's a point where overwhelming desire eclipses the actual likelihood of them playing. I'd say that every year, Radiohead falls into this category. David Bowie ended up in it this year as well. The Smiths and Neil Young, there's a shred or two of evidence that they may be there, nothing incontrovertible, but it makes it that much easier to think they might show up. It's not that they're so likely to be playing, it's just that their names get brought up the most, so everybody mistakes that for some sign that they'll be there. It's almost a certainty that it won't happen, guys. And if it does, let's wait and be surprised, because it will be so much more awesome that way. But threads like this will most likely leave people disappointed with the actual lineup. That's what happened last year, don't pretend like it didn't.

It's fun to speculate, but it's not fun to put a list together and call it the tentative lineup. That ruins everything.

faxman75
01-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm still angry. Just ripped a couple heads off on the way back to my cube.

CONFIRMED
01-06-2009, 11:37 AM
^ you did take the who nine inch nails and wilco thing a bit too seriously. but that is why we are all here. we are freaks to our normal friends. we know WAY too much about music and we LOVE our music too much. I understand you all and that is why I am here. This is our wayward internet home.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
^ you did take the who nine inch nails and wilco thing a bit too seriously. but that is why we are all here. we are freaks to our normal friends. we know WAY too much about music and we LOVE our music too much. I understand you all and that is why I am here. This is our wayward internet home.

That's frighteningly true, for me at least.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope somebody at Goldenvoice is reading this going "shit, we better book Wilco and NIN or this guy is going to fuck us up"

obzen
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM

dont trip scoop-haters need something to hate on cause theyre too cheap to initiate something on there own!

and what!?

HandBanana
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Wilco fans are such violent dicks.
If you book Wilco, expect shit to get aggro like Woodstock 99 nizzle.

manitssocoldintheD

faxman75
01-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I will use intimidation to get my way. I was all jacked up at Lolla that's why I chose Wilco over Rage that night. Zach the roach talks about killing but Nels Clyne and Jeff Tweedy set Lollapalooza on fire!

betao
01-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Radiohead will not be playing Coachella. This has been confirmed by a former reporter with the L.A. Times.

For every band, there's a point where overwhelming desire eclipses the actual likelihood of them playing. I'd say that every year, Radiohead falls into this category. David Bowie ended up in it this year as well. The Smiths and Neil Young, there's a shred or two of evidence that they may be there, nothing incontrovertible, but it makes it that much easier to think they might show up. It's not that they're so likely to be playing, it's just that their names get brought up the most, so everybody mistakes that for some sign that they'll be there. It's almost a certainty that it won't happen, guys. And if it does, let's wait and be surprised, because it will be so much more awesome that way. But threads like this will most likely leave people disappointed with the actual lineup. That's what happened last year, don't pretend like it didn't.

It's fun to speculate, but it's not fun to put a list together and call it the tentative lineup. That ruins everything.

Fucking word.

alex gardner
01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
scoop doesn't know shit. no one on this board knows shit cept for dani. boris is not gonna be there. quicksand and his father are two nancy boy retards who play waaaaaay too much time crisis at their local movie theater.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Where was that confirmed? I am not trying to start anything..I just want to know if it was in a article that I missed.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
scoop doesn't know shit. no one on this board knows shit cept for dani. boris is not gonna be there. quicksand and his father are two nancy boy retards who play waaaaaay too much time crisis at their local movie theater.

Nancy boy retards? What's your source on this? Has this been confirmed anywhere OUTSIDE of MySpace?

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 11:53 AM

Really?

Very true. That's one of the reasons everyone gives you shit scoop. Next year I suggest everyone starts their own "confirmed line up" thread. I think I'll start one for 2012. Quetzacotal is already confirmed to headline Saturday anyway.

captncrzy
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
But threads like this will most likely leave people disappointed with the actual lineup. That's what happened last year, don't pretend like it didn't.

Ahem. It happens every year-not just last year.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm in contact with him because of my fake posters, it wasn't in an article. If I were to hear this from someone, I would take it with a grain of salt, so feel free not to believe me, but I'm telling the truth.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Ahem. It happens every year-not just last year.

Last year was the first year I was actively involved in waiting for the lineup here.

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm in contact with him because of my fake posters, it wasn't in an article. If I were to hear this from someone, I would take it with a grain of salt, so feel free not to believe me, but I'm telling the truth.

I'm inclined to believe you more than scoop.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Scoop! Scoop a loop! Bring your friend with the green hat!

betao
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm inclined to believe you more than scoop.

Likewise.

obzen
01-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Really?

Very true. That's one of the reasons everyone gives you shit scoop. Next year I suggest everyone starts their own "confirmed line up" thread. I think I'll start one for 2012. Quetzacotal is already confirmed to headline Saturday anyway.

Prediction for Coachella 2012 headliners:

Friday-Ophiuchus
Saturday-Quetzacotal
Sunday-Nephilim

obzen
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Alright guys, take this or leave it but my friend who's been adamently emailing Kevin Bronson at The LA Times seeking any information at all and finally got a response back. All it said is that he like us doesn't know but he heard a very strong rumor that Westerberg and the boys recently inked their deal to reunite this time around.

god complex at work...

psychic friend
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
kevin doesnt work at la times anymore. not for a while now.

just sayin

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM

just sayin

That doesn't mean that all his old friends and confidantes have forsaken him. A reporter is a reporter, he's still writing about music.

Unless you're inferring that GV leaked stuff to him just because he worked for the Times. Interesting.

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM

just sayin

OOO Pieroghead got Served!

psychic friend
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM
i was pointing out that emailing him at the latimes would result in a bounce back email.

PierogiHead
01-06-2009, 12:14 PM

just sayin

Kevin Bronson is my estranged dad. I would know where he works.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
That doesn't mean that all his old friends and confidantes have forsaken him. A reporter is a reporter, he's still writing about music.

Unless you're inferring that GV leaked stuff to him just because he worked for the Times. Interesting.

That seems likely, no way Goldenvoice is leaking shit to anyone weaker than the Times.

amyzzz
01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
All this lineup insanity is all part of the Coachella cycle that I enjoy and love. I will always be disappointed at first in the lineup, and then I will grow to love it. Or grow to love part of it. I like the rollercoaster ride.

PierogiHead
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
i was pointing out that emailing him at the latimes would result in a bounce back email.

So you're pointing out as well that you too have heard about Westerberg & Co. appearing.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
It's true, after you fixate on the line up for so long, it can only dissapoint. But after a month or so that stops.

rage patton
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I wasn't disapointed after the anoucement in 08. I was one of the few who were praising the line up. However, I was EXTREMELY disapointed when Madness dropped off the line up. In fact, I am still disapointed about that. I don't think I will ever get over it...

obzen
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
All this lineup insanity is all part of the Coachella cycle that I enjoy and love. I will always be disappointed at first in the lineup, and then I will grow to love it. Or grow to love part of it. I like the rollercoaster ride.

of course you like the rollercaster ride,they all love the ride
-Women.Love.Drama.

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah I wish Madness would play this year, that would be nice! and if Turbonegro, New Young Pony Club & the Streets play (after getting dropped for whatever reason last year) that would be cool too!!

mittens4kittens
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!

KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!
KODE 9!!!!!!!

HYPERDUB IN THE MOTHERFUCKING HOUSE!!!! PLEASE PLAY IN THE SAHARA!!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Goldenvoice. Thank you.

rage patton
01-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah I wish Madness would play this year, that would be nice! and if Turbonegro, New Young Pony Club & the Streets play (after getting dropped for whatever reason last year) that would be cool too!!

I highly doubt Madness will be there in 08. The Specials however...

amyzzz
01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Portishead was pretty much all I needed in 08. It turned out that Bjork was all I needed in 07. And in 06, I went on the strength of Depeche Mode and Franz Ferdinand, but I fell in love with Daft Punk and Massive Attack. What a great year for discovering music that was.

ZackQ
Lol. Yeah, I remember when Madness was dropped. You were wicked depressed over that. You had your avatar and everything already to go. I felt for you man.

And for me I was uber pissed off at Roger Waters and Jack Johnson. I don't know if I will ever get over the year of Jack Johnson. It was like living in a twilight zone episode where everyone was like "isn't he great?!"... never again, please!!!!!!!

Real talk. If you looked at festival line ups and music magazine covers, you would think he was the biggest rock star on the planet last year. Yet he pretty much whiffed on every major music media list of top albums and songs from 2008. Oh well, let's put that behind us.

moomoo
Even thought scooper created an abomination of a thread; I still love the shit out of him.

Because:
#1 he has a good personality
#2 I feel comfortable looking him in the eyes
#3 even if both of his threads have been constantly shitted on by people who love to shit, these threads have kept me occupied on my Coachella 09 wait.

rage patton
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Lol. Yeah, I remember when Madness was dropped. You were wicked depressed over that. You had your avatar and everything already to go. I felt for you man.

And for me I was uber pissed off at Roger Waters and Jack Johnson. I don't know if I will ever get over the year of Jack Johnson. It was like living in a twilight zone episode where everyone was like "isn't he great?!"... never again, please!!!!!!!

I had the avatar for a while too. Eventually everyone made me change it because people said it was getting them down too. It just sucks when one of your favorite bands, and a rare band (in North America anyways), is playing at the muisc festival you have been looking forward to all year... then just drop off the line up. Ugh.

Of course I was disapointed in Jack Johnson. Roger Waters was decent to me. However, the overall line up was a damn good line up. Everyone just got in a tizzy over the 3 headliners.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Which is why I am so impatient about this year and terrifed at the same time...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Real talk. If you looked at festival line ups and music magazine covers, you would think he was the biggest rock star on the planet last year. Yet he pretty much whiffed on every major music media list of top albums and songs from 2008. Oh well, let's put that behind us.

Please GV never again....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
I had the avatar for a while too. Eventually everyone made me change it because people said it was getting them down too. It just sucks when one of your favorite bands, and a rare band (in North America anyways), is playing at the muisc festival you have been looking forward to all year... then just drop off the line up. Ugh.

Of course I was disapointed in Jack Johnson. Roger Waters was decent to me. However, the overall line up was a damn good line up. Everyone just got in a tizzy over the 3 headliners.

I thought Portishead as a headliner was quite sick acutally...in fact I even talked about it the previous year and everyone thought I was nuts...not after the performance they gave and if anyone should have been bumped down it was obvious it was JJ...at least Portishead's fans were screaming and happy to be there...JJ's fans just took a nap...The Roger Waters thing ended up being good..but I was just as skeptical since I remember him touring everywhere with it...but it ended being one of the top of Coachella shows (not performances mind you....)...

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Rage you're right about last year's line up. I totally ate any criticisms I had early on. The line up turned out to be incredible. I'm not saying a negative word about the line up this year. Total faith in GV.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Man, I was never that big into Portishead before Coachella. But that show blew me away. Goosebumps just thinking about how good it was.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Rage you're right about last year's line up. I totally ate any criticisms I had early on. The line up turned out to be incredible. I'm not saying a negative word about the line up this year. Total faith in GV.

I don't know why but my faith has been lacking this year....maybe I am just preparing myself for a repeat of last year....even after they came back with Apehx Twin and Prince...I need to chillax....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Man, I was never that big into Portishead before Coachella. But that show blew me away. Goosebumps just thinking about how good it was.

Godlike...probably the best Coachella performance ever.....even over Radiohead's 2004...

chiapet
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I haven't had time to follow along so don't shoot me if it's already been stated, but I think Black keys are a sure thing. They've announced a show on 4/18 in Oakland, which is confirmed on the venue's site. It's the only show in april so far on their myspace.

Venue is managed by APE, show is listed there:
http://www.apeconcerts.com/

ZackQ
And the sound was incredible. I've never heard it that perfect and clear.

Blinken
i had no clue who Portishead was, and I also said over and over again that they should not be headliners. I was very pissed off by that. I was very very very wrong. Best performance I have ever seen. Now I am hoping for them to be at the Roo.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:35 PM
i had no clue who Portishead was, and I also said over and over again that they should not be headliners. I was very pissed off by that. I was very very very wrong.

QFT

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
i had no clue who Portishead was, and I also said over and over again that they should not be headliners. I was very pissed off by that. I was very very very wrong. Best performance I have ever seen. Now I am hoping for them to be at the Roo.

So the question now is...will someone on this line up pull a Portishead in 2009? And who could that be?

betao
01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I haven't had time to follow along so don't shoot me if it's already been stated, but I think Black keys are a sure thing. They've announced a show on 4/18 in Oakland, which is confirmed on the venue's site. It's the only show in april so far on their myspace.

Venue is managed by APE, show is listed there:
http://www.apeconcerts.com/

Yeah they've been mentioned. Don't worry, I'm not going to be harsh on you, because I don't blame you for having a hard time following this stuff around.

But yeah, they've been considered rumored. Good work though.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Before I saw Portishead, I was having trouble acheiving erection and colors weren't as bright.

Not really. But that's a good point, there is sure to be a sleeper band that pulls a major set this year. No thoughts until the line up drops though.

moomoo
01-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Portishead changed my life.

qft.

Xenocide
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
So the question now is...will someone on this line up pull a Portishead in 2009? And who could that be?

The Kinks.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 12:55 PM

Yeah, my feelings exactly. Time to be faithful and not negative nancy. Well, if Asobi Seksu isn't on that poster, I'll be having issue with that, because all the stars are aligned for it, and I've been begging for 5 years ;)

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't know if this is old news, but I just got the new Rolling Stone...

...to keep expenses down, Coachella organizers have pledged not to sign high-cost headliners like 2008's Prince and Roger Waters. "It was getting out of control," says Randy Phillips, chief executive officer for promoter AEG Live.

... so who does that rule out?

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
is their a new article about Coach in it???

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Radiohead and Bowie.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM

The Smiths
Paul McCartney
Bowie....

archimme
01-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Paul McCartney, U2, Led Zep I suppose... Hope not. I'd die if Zep were there.

Numero# should be added.

amyzzz
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Holy shit, that is lame.

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Meh

rage patton
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
So does this mean The Killers will be headlining two nights with an epic set from Jack Johnson Sunday night?

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Even thought scooper created an abomination of a thread; I still love the shit out of him.

Because:
#1 he has a good personality
#2 I feel comfortable looking him in the eyes
#3 even if both of his threads have been constantly shitted on by people who love to shit, these threads have kept me occupied on my Coachella 09 wait.

i love the shit out of u as well.. :)

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Does that neccessarily rule out Radiohead? Also, I think that still keeps Neil Young alive. But yeah, probably a no go on The Smiths. And I don't know, does Bowie ask notoriously high performance fees like Prince?

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
So does this mean The Killers will be headlining two nights with an epic set from Jack Johnson Sunday night?

One can only hope.

betao
01-06-2009, 01:37 PM

They probably didnt make alot of money off of last year (adding Prince probably didn't help them that much), so they have to cut back this year.

And even with this news, people will complain as to why Radiohead aren't there.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
The article is about concert sales going down, and Coachella's included in it.

emtgreg
01-06-2009, 01:39 PM

...to keep expenses down, Coachella organizers have pledged not to sign high-cost headliners like 2008's Prince and Roger Waters. "It was getting out of control," says Randy Phillips, chief executive officer for promoter AEG Live.

Whether or not that is true or not I don't know, but, if it is true, that is kind of a good thing really, because that means no McCartney, no Cholochella, etc...

In other words, the festival is defined by the festival, not one single zomgepic band

also no bowie you idiots :)

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm interested to see this article, cuz i'm sure they made a boat load of money in 07 selling it out so fast and i know 08 didnt fully sell out but i dont think it couldve been that bad compared to other previous coachella's ??

Trick Loves The Kids
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
basement jaxx headlining all four nights (monday is an extra day just for basement jaxx)

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
i dont think radiohead would be as expensive as roger waters or prince... i think they will pay well for 1 headliner.... neil young will be affordable and the killers need coachella more than coachella needs them.... so they will be affordable as well....

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
but Bowie is icing on the cake for coachella peeps! i really dont C Bowie as the same as Prince or the Smiths or Radiohead, etc. i know he's big, but do you think he would be a sell out kind of draw with lets say the killers and some other not huge act? I just dont wanna let my hopes down yet for Bowie! I've been wishin for bowie every year, and i'll keep wishin till we get him!

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
And even with this news, people will complain as to why Radiohead aren't there.

Radiohead is worth the million... in fact, it's a steal.

rage patton
01-06-2009, 01:44 PM
My bet is definately The Killers and Neil Young... and since neither of those 2 acts are expensive headliners, they will be able to use the money they saved on David Bowie. Im not counting on Bowie beeing there. Im just sayin'...

microlovebeat
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Whether or not that is true or not I don't know, but, if it is true, that is kind of a good thing really, because that means no McCartney, no Cholochella, etc...

In other words, the festival is defined by the festival, not one single zomgepic band

also no bowie you idiots :)

you're gonna be the idiot who complains about the killers when they're actually on the lineup.

ZackQ
i dont think radiohead would be as expensive as roger waters or prince... i think they will pay well for 1 headliner.... neil young will be affordable and the killers need coachella more than coachella needs them.... so they will be affordable as well....

That's what I was saying. I mean, Prince cost how much last year? I can't remember the exact figure but it was insane. That's probably what they were talking about.

emtgreg
Radiohead is worth the million... in fact, it's a steal.

to you, to me, to US.

but not to bean counters who go to celine dion shows ;)

emtgreg
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
you're gonna be the idiot who complains about the killers when they're actually on the lineup.

you dont know me very well :)

Purplegator
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I would like to see 'Jane's Addiction' as a headliner one night, also I am hoping for a back to back year for 'Black Kids' as they jam so hard, and they could do back to back years as their album wasn't out here until months after Coachella last year, (and 'Hot Chip' and a few other have played back to back) while I am wishing for bands etc it would be nice to see Built To Spill and 'Bob Mould' in some form, perhaps a 'Sugar' reunion!

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Radiohead got paid $3 million to headline two nights of APW. They averaged just under $1 million a night on their North American tour. It's hard to say whether they're one of these "high-cost headliners," but I think that Radiohead will draw way more people than Roger Waters or even Prince, and they'll do it for less. Still a lot, but less. My conclusion is that they're not out of the running.

microlovebeat
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
fri-janes addiction
sat-the killers
sun-roger waters reprise

definitely epic :rolleyes

scoop49er
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
i would hope for bowie as well only cuz he is geting up there in age and running out of time i think he will be 62....

so its now or probably never with him

Purplegator
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
A miracle 'Led Zeppelin' Sunday would be good too! Never gonna happen, but it would be stellar!

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
fri-janes addiction
sat-the killers
sun-roger waters reprise

definitely epic :rolleyes

i know your kidding right? i'm fine if you see the killers or jane's headlining but a roger waters reprise? no one would want that after seeing him last year, would you really want to see Waters again? he played all the best stuff from the pink floyd catalouge

stinkbutt
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
The fact that Boris is on any of these lists is bs they are done touring for awhile they most definitely won't be there

sadly

BlackSwan
also I am hoping for a back to back year for 'Black Kids' as they jam so hard, and they could do back to back years as their album wasn't out here until months after Coachella last year

Gross.

i would hope for bowie as well only cuz he is geting up there in age and running out of time i think he will be 62....

so its now or probably never with him

That's why it has to happen.

ZackQ
That had to be a joke. In reference to the Roger Waters reprise.

FakePlasticMe
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
A miracle 'Led Zeppelin' Sunday would be good too! Never gonna happen, but it would be stellar!

Ok, we have to stop confusing Bonnaroo and Coachella. Enough with the classic rock nostalgia.

Purplegator
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I too would hope for 'Bowie', haven't seem him live in years, first concert I ever saw him was in 1983 at the US festival in San Bernadino, I was 10 years old. I think that is why I am such a music junkie is because I was introduced to so many great bands that day...U2, The Pretenders, Missing Persons, Berlin, English Beat, Bowie and others, that was sick! Bowie is amazing, he is otherworldly and I would love to see him play Coachella in 2009...

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I know their is info (as was just posted ) about radiohead's earnings, does anyone know what Bowie usually grosses off one night?

Boourns
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Radiohead = the difference between 35-40,000 people and 60,000 people. Only US show of the year = guaranteed sellout. Sigh. I hope this article doesn't mean lamechella staring The Killers and Jane's Addiction. Well, we already know the Killers will be there, which is okay so long as the other acts make up for it. Must...keep...faith. Agh.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Is Jane's Addiction a serious possibility? I thought that was just someone's wishful thinking....

patsfan5454
01-06-2009, 02:11 PM
i think they are, they played that show at el cid last month, and Perry is always at Coach in some form,, it definetly wouldnt take me by surprise

amyzzz
01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't want it to be Radiohead's only US show.

I want them to come to AZ too.

vinylmartyr
01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I want Radiohead to play but they just toured it would not be anything special.

Blinken
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
We don't need Radiohead this year people. They were festival whores last year with APW x2, OSL, and Lolla. Coachella is about unique performances not the big headliners from the year before. Last year was the year if they were gonna be at Coachella, you will all have to wait until the new album before they come to the Polo Fields.

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 02:18 PM
We don't need Radiohead this year people. They were festival whores last year with APW x2, OSL, and Lolla. Coachella is about unique performances not the big headliners from the year before. Last year was the year if they were gonna be at Coachella, you will all have to wait until the new album before they come to the Polo Fields.

Thank you

Purplegator
01-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Is Jane's Addiction a serious possibility? I thought that was just someone's wishful thinking....

I had heard that the entire original line up just reunited in Los Angeles and played a club, I could definitely see this happening, and it would be great. Perry is always there in some form regardless, it would be nice to see him in his true form.

Blinken
01-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I think Jane's Addiction is a lock but not for headliner.

ZackQ

Yeah that's a really good point. Coachella doesn't usually do what other fests did last year.

BlackSwan

It would be better than Neil Young or The Killers though.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Jane's Addiction is a lock but not for headliner.

I'd be more than cool with that. That would be awesome.

Purplegator
Ok, I have done some homework, and here are acts I am predicting (and hoping) for 2009 Coachella that would be dope!...

1. The Presets (almost a definite, they are playing Glass House on the 20th)
2. Crystal Castles
3. Late Of The Pier
4. Glass Candy
5. French Miami

See ya there!

BlackSwan
Radiohead = the difference between 35-40,000 people and 60,000 people. Only US show of the year = guaranteed sellout.

This is the truth.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Actually, I think I'd be okay with non-epic headliners, as long as the quality of the lineup is consistent. I think The Cure and NIN get around 500k for a show, and you know who would be a great choice for a budget headliner? The Flaming Lips.

So if it was The Flaming Lips, The Killers (but someone epic would have to be in the tent at the time, sorry), Neil Young, and there was a great undercard and mostly great subheadliners, and a few of these acts aren't ones that tour every other month (get JARVIS), it'd still be good.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Epic headliners are not what make the fest for me. If I get one headliner that I'm super down with, that's all I need.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Radiohead shows are always special. Remember, they had just spent all of 2003 touring, too. And did that stop all the fanboys from acting like obsessive basement-dwelling Star Wars nerds crossed with serial killers? Fuck no.

Amneeziac
01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I know SO many people who want to see Radiohead but couldn't last year because of how fast all four shows in SoCal sold out. And I guarantee you that a vast majority of the people who did see Radiohead in this area last year (myself included), would be more than willing to go to Coachella and see them again.

Coachella may not be about repeating what went on in last year's festival circuit, but they are about undercutting all the other U.S. festivals and booking unique and major acts. A one-off U.S. show in 2009, similar to 2004, would be huge.

Boourns
01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Getting a Lolla 2008 repeat with Radiohead >>>>>>>>>>>>> getting a Lolla 2006 repeat with RHCP and Manu Chao

I understand there's almost no chance that Radiohead will be there and all, but it would be dreamy and people need to knock it off with the anti-Radiohead bullshit. Just sayin'.

bigc1
01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I bet Radiohead play Coachella & Bonnaroo.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok, I have done some homework, and here are acts I am predicting (and hoping) for 2009 Coachella that would be dope!...

1. The Presets (almost a definite, they are playing Glass House on the 20th)
2. Crystal Castles
3. Late Of The Pier
4. Glass Candy
5. French Miami

See ya there!

Oh yeah my friend. You know the good stuff.-

Blinken
Not everyone is an obsessive Radiohead fan. Just Sayin'.

Blinken
I bet Radiohead play Coachella & Bonnaroo.

I'll take that bet. What are the terms?

rage patton
Actually, I think I'd be okay with non-epic headliners, as long as the quality of the lineup is consistent. I think The Cure and NIN get around 500k for a show, and you know who would be a great choice for a budget headliner? The Flaming Lips.

So if it was The Flaming Lips, The Killers (but someone epic would have to be in the tent at the time, sorry), Neil Young, and there was a great undercard and mostly great subheadliners, and a few of these acts aren't ones that tour every other month (get JARVIS), it'd still be good.

THANK YOU! I went to Sasquatch 08 for The Cure and REM... and The Flaming Lips headlining set ended up being not only my favorite set at Sasquatch, but the best show I saw in all of 2008. The Flaming Lips are amazing live and I would be 100% down for them headlining. The Killers, The Flaming Lips, Neil Young would be excellent in my mind.

Sleepingrock
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Not to be paranoid here but...
What if all this is to mess with our minds and they actually have a super machine where Hendrix and The Doors rise from the dead to play??
Ever consider that?!?!?!?!?!

Gribbz
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM

Yep.

BlackSwan
01-06-2009, 02:34 PM

But they have enough obsessive fans that they would sell out Coachella... easily.

Also, they deserve to be obsessed about.

ZackQ
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm almost getting to the point where I'll be dissapointed if Neal Young isn't there.

ThomThom
01-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Radiohead did a great job of selling out APW. Just Sayin'.

First time festival with a really weak lineup surrounding them. Coachella is on a much bigger scale and in a much more demanding market. Just Sayin'.

ThomThom
01-06-2009, 02:42 PM
The Killers, The Flaming Lips, Neil Young would be excellent in my mind.

This would be awesome, I would be saving about $1,000 by not going.

Blinken
01-06-2009, 02:43 PM
But they have enough obsessive fans that they would sell out Coachella... easily.

Also, they deserve to be obsessed about.

So did Rage, and they sold it out much faster than Radiohead could. Plus if I remember correctly they did not sell out in 2004 until the day of the fest. My point is there are other bands that could sell it out too. Plus i don't all weekend surrounded by obsessive Radiohead fans. Much worse than the Rage fans to me.

stinkbutt
Why is everyone lowering their expectations so drastically this year?
Are you all smoking meth or something?

This is Coachella those headliners would be fine for Lolla but were talking about Coachella

get it together people

Boourns

[edit] Lineup

[edit] References

quicksand's dad vs coolhandluke in the UFC tent?

zenidogx
01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
budgetchella: the Killers, Coldplay, Radiohead

karma_guy
i'd be pretty excited to see radiohead and neil young
as these are two of my favorite artists

Blinken
Stink we are tempering are expectations, so that the place doesn't explode with hate when the line up comes out.

ThomThom
Plus i don't all weekend surrounded by obsessive Radiohead fans. Much worse than the Rage fans to me.

I think Bjork fans are worse than both combined.

ZackQ

This is Coachella those headliners would be fine for Lolla but were talking about Coachella

get it together people

Coachella always throws a curve. And I think Jack Johnson and Roger Waters explain the lowered expectations.

rage patton
This would be awesome, I would be saving about $1,000 by not going.

There is more to Coachella than just the headliners... Sasha. I did not expect this out of you of all people.

ShyGuy75
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM

get it together people

errrr....Radiohead, Rage, and NIN much? Jack Johnson much? Put down the pipe and stop being such a homerdouche.