PDA

View Full Version : what if the CONCERT BILL was shorter but the artist played LONGER SET TIMES?

Smokenut
01-05-2009, 12:16 AM
well what do you think?

Backwater
01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
I think you need to take the shit out of your lungs.

paganman7
01-05-2009, 06:15 AM
http://www.sneeko.net/images/macros/Thread-Gay-1950s.jpg

gaypalmsprings
01-05-2009, 06:47 AM
http://pixdaus.com/pics/B5YHQa2TidZNZKPUVC.jpg

shakermaker113
01-05-2009, 08:54 AM
he's a visionary! someone put that man in charge.

RedThom
01-05-2009, 08:58 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2001/05/10/xfl_folds_ap/lg_xfl_all-01.jpg
Fail

Coachella Bound
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
well what do you think?

I think your lazy

hobomilitia
01-05-2009, 09:40 AM
what if smokenut stopped making dumbass threads?

well what do you think?

cooperb1
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/kb7rky/Formerly%20FARK%20Photos/failcart.gif

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 12:49 AM
well what do you think?

sounds to me like the most of you with a few exceptions have erectile disfunction.

You cannot properly function for a duration of time other than 5 minutes or maybe 1 hour?

that it lazy

and thank you to the person, place or thing who commented on me being a "visionary."

I am used to this negative attention due to the over all FAILure of the general popullation who have nothing better to do but be negative and be a pathetic slave that buys useless shit!

and beats their meat at all hours of the day other than at their bullshit job

congrats people its 2009 and most of you have still some years to grow up

or maybe we should just send you to iraq with a pack of 3 flowers and baby wipes

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 12:51 AM
he's a visionary! someone put that man in charge.

cheers to that!

sashsa & digweed 4 hourset

radiohead(for those who like to fall asleep outside at night during a concert) 3 hour set

etc....

you get the idea

but make it more focused on the artist and concert goer.

ill be in the sahara tent wearing a sombrero if any of you ladies want to say hi

for the rest of you, have fun circle jerking eachother off behind the tent

rage patton
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I think this may be smokenuts most legitimate thread yet. Ok, lets make the the only thread which could have possibly been considered legitmate. I think the last few acts on the mainstage, as well as whichever acts are closing the various stages, should all get longer set times. If that means cuttin a couple acts, so be it.

JSam67
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I know I wish Portishead had a longer set last year. But then, how can I complain when GV was cool enough to book fucking Portishead's only show in the US this decade?

Either way, we'll get those longer set times at the Roo this year, rage.

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I think this may be smokenuts most legitimate thread yet. Ok, lets make the the only thread which could have possibly been considered legitmate. I think the last few acts on the mainstage, as well as whichever acts are closing the various stages, should all get longer set times. If that means cuttin a couple acts, so be it.

yeah your right

i go over board

that explains alot

but i was curious due to seeing an old GIANT MAXIMUS NYE 2006

it had Sasha & Digweed 6 hour dj set

and i didnt go, but it would have been amazing to see sasha and digweed close out saturday night from 10pm-4am in the sahara

thats too much for most

but GAME OVER for many

a life changer for the FEW

ill be smoking to that!

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I know I wish Portishead had a longer set last year. But then, how can I complain when GV was cool enough to book fucking Portishead's only show in the US this decade?

Either way, we'll get those longer set times at the Roo this year, rage.

I am not complaining in anyway.

I just thought that maybe GV would throw us off a little and make the music marinate!

its all good

COACHELLA has always been a BLESSING to me!

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM
or what if?

they made saturday go 24 hours!

that would be sick!

your favorite band and the sun rising(stoned or just high on life!)

like in different stages/tent

not all at the same time(to give space/time for set up and sleep/fucking)

Smokenut
01-06-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree.

I also hate it how artist show up late and expect to cut into other artists set time.

but they get cut off as they should, but it sucks for those(audience) who showed up.

M Sparks
01-06-2009, 05:20 AM
The posts are idiotic, but the question is legit.

I think the answer is that this is a good idea, but the change should be slight. The net result should be, maybe, 1 less act per stage per day.

The thing I don't like is the uniform 50 minute set for almost everyone. Let's face it, a lot of these new acts can barely fill 50 minutes. If you take, say, 5 minutes away from the first three acts of the day, you can give 15 minutes to, say, Jesus & Mary Chain or some other band who would know how to use it.

The only problem with that is sunset... the longer the evening sets are, the earlier the first subheadliners start. What they really need is a 1am curfew.

Anyone who went to the last Vegoose can tell you why just randomly giving everyone a long set is a BAD idea. A lot of acts just didn't bother to fill the time, leaving as much as an hour and a half between acts on a stage. There were times when NONE of the stages had any music on. That's unacceptable, even for a festival with a a pathetically short "concert bill"

Coachella Bound
01-06-2009, 06:53 AM
The only reason the questions is at all legit is because, ultimately, it recieved an answer.

The bill wouldnt be shorter, in fact it should be longer. Give the smaller acts less time. If you want to make sure the sundown set is on time start latter or book more of an undercard. And overall, have curfew extended till the early morn.

Face it, when your in COACHELLA mode your in the mode of all modes. Friday night is always the night your never sure how your going to make it and then saturday comes around and you dont ever want it to end.

And as far as erectile disfunction goes, you dont get w/in 15 ft of Roger Waters by having to piss every 10 minutes.