PDA

View Full Version : what is up with cheap(er) (pre-line up announcement) presale tickets?

Corporate Cannibal
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
anyone know?

boarderwoozel3
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
No word yet.

If there is going to be a pre-announcement sale we'll know about it sometime in the next three weeks--assuming they announce the lineup around the third week of Jan. Otherwise I imagine they'll announce the lineup early in the week and put tickets on sale the following Sat. with a possible pre-sale option on Thurs. or Fri.

Pixiessp
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Tick tock tick tock tick tock

shakermaker113
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
well, we'll start several thread about it between now and the lineup announcement. if it happens we will probably complain that it's not cheap enough. if it doesn't happen we will bitch about it incessantly. (especially when we find out how much the inevitable annual price hike is this year). we'll totally ignore the fact that some festivals in europe sell out at face value before the lineup is announced, where the only cheap presale tickets happen an entire year before the event, and demand that the world start revolving around us. but inevitably there will be a presale, because nothing happens without a presale these days. I think ticketmaster have hard coded their system to not allow on-sales without pre-sales with easy to guess passwords several days beforehand. whether it will be discounted or not we don't know, and whether it will be before or after the lineup announcement again we just have to wait and see.

see you in the same thread next year.

rage patton
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
/thread

Thanks shaker.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-05-2009, 07:13 AM
at least Coachella let's you know the line up before the pre sale...

RedThom
01-05-2009, 08:26 AM

this is true/wonderful

shakermaker113
01-05-2009, 08:42 AM

2007 they didn't. it tends to happen differently every year. damn, I forgot that in my rant earlier.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-05-2009, 08:56 AM
2007 they didn't. it tends to happen differently every year. damn, I forgot that in my rant earlier.

maybe due to the fact they they knew RATM would sell it out? I have had a feeling that if they do a presale without the line up then something major is afoot..

BROKENDOLL
01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
well, we'll start several thread about it between now and the lineup announcement. if it happens we will probably complain that it's not cheap enough. if it doesn't happen we will bitch about it incessantly. (especially when we find out how much the inevitable annual price hike is this year). we'll totally ignore the fact that some festivals in europe sell out at face value before the lineup is announced, where the only cheap presale tickets happen an entire year before the event, and demand that the world start revolving around us. but inevitably there will be a presale, because nothing happens without a presale these days. I think ticketmaster have hard coded their system to not allow on-sales without pre-sales with easy to guess passwords several days beforehand. whether it will be discounted or not we don't know, and whether it will be before or after the lineup announcement again we just have to wait and see.

see you in the same thread next year. LOL. We should just guide the Corporal to the BMOTW thread for cheap pre-lineup announcement imfo, no?