PDA

View Full Version : Is Kylie an Actual Possibility?

MissingPerson
09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
LHjJeDxIoxk

arya.
12-31-2008, 06:21 PM
She is basically indie in the States now, since her last album was a complete failure here. And she never came to do a show in the States for her new tour and her last album (X) was a dance record. I would love to see her in the tent, it would be a great show, but is it possible for a electro-pop-diva to be in the tent after Madonna? A lot of people complained about her, but I think Kylie is obviously different. It would be great. She is always a great show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8Elz6JKWo

RoyBrisby
12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't see why she wouldn't be a possibility. Especially considering that Britney Spears is also a possibility for some people. I'd see Kylie Minogue being more of a possibility than Britney.

At this point though, I think a lot of acts are possibilities unless one of the members is dead. But even that hasn't stopped speculation...

She is basically indie in the States now, since her last album was a complete failure here.

I don't think there is a correlation between "indie status" and an album failure.

arya.
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't think there is a correlation between "indie status" and an album failure.

i meant that her album being a failure was due to the fact that she is far more "indie" now. she isn't so mainstream anymore here, because she is an electronic act.

flowbee
01-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Kylie at Coachella would make me a happy camper. She's already 40 I don't know how many years she has left in her. Make it happen in 09'.

archimme
01-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I would go see her. Sounds like a good idea. She'd have to bust out the classics though, I Should Be So Lucky or Got To Be Certain. That'd be a nice change of pace between all the alt and indie acts, this shot of nostalgia.

shakermaker113
01-01-2009, 07:45 PM
hmm. so because america is oblivious to her pop stardom, she is indie. wtf, that is retarded. by the same standard you could say rob thomas (and whatever that shithole group he sings in) is indie because in europe they have no idea who he is.

kylie is as pop as you can get.

then again, so is prince.

MissingPerson
01-01-2009, 07:53 PM
She gets Indie Points via Nick Cave though, surely?

Alchemy
01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
hmm. so because america is oblivious to her pop stardom, she is indie. wtf, that is retarded. by the same standard you could say rob thomas (and whatever that shithole group he sings in) is indie because in europe they have no idea who he is.

kylie is as pop as you can get.

then again, so is prince.

Don't pretend that you didn't know it was Matchbox 20. You can't remember Rob Thomas without remembering the other. ;)

shakermaker113
01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
She gets Indie Points via Nick Cave though, surely?

I remember suffering through a performance of that song on top of the pops, two weeks in a row. 0 points.

Don't pretend that you didn't know it was Matchbox 20. You can't remember Rob Thomas without remembering the other. ;)

matchbox 20 had been out of my peripheral vision long enough to be forgotten. his solo career, unfortunately, has not yet disappeared from sight.

Alchemy
01-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately, Matchbox 20 was my first concert. I won't forget them just because they started this journey I've been on for years.

newalias
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Kylie headlining the Sahara would be fucking epic!

Probably even better than Madonna 2006.

beavington
01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
i meant that her album being a failure was due to the fact that she is far more "indie" now. she isn't so mainstream anymore here, because she is an electronic act.

I think the last time Kylie Minogue was mainstream in america was when the Loco-MOtion was a huge hit. Even when she came back with "Can't Get Your Outta My Head" she wasnt really mainstream then.

I dont think anyone on a major label could be called indie.

I think also, since Madonna performed every year everyone wants to speculate what big pop artist "diva" will perform in the sahara. I rather think Madonna was a one-off than a new trend.

And quite honestly Madonna was only a "failure" because it was so fucking crowded. Yeah she performed for a shorter time than alloted but that was goldenvoices fault, since if you look at her other performances of that mini-tour all shows were only 5-6 songs.

DHARMA2112
01-02-2009, 11:39 AM
I just gave "X" a listen - and I actually really liked it. I enjoyed her more then her Body Language album.

Shame it wasn't a success.

MissingPerson
01-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Kylie > Goldfrapp.

arya.
01-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Kylie is releasing a remix album in the States at the end of January and might be doing shows in the states due to her Grammy nominations. So, her being there wouldn't be COMPLETELY out of whack.

panchobot
01-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I WANT KYLIE.

oftheheartofthesoul
01-03-2009, 12:06 PM
This thread = Every other thread mentioning Madonna

shakermaker113
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
she has grammy nominations?

daft$tar
01-24-2009, 12:34 AM
n6GioJckmpg

airguitarvet
01-24-2009, 12:46 AM
as long as i see her do this!
RA9xpAScbNE

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
She was in Bio-Dome.

airguitarvet
01-24-2009, 12:55 AM
and Street Fighter

Gribbz
01-24-2009, 12:56 AM
She said bio-dome was the worst thing she's ever done.

Biodome>Street fighter.

airguitarvet
01-24-2009, 12:58 AM
she's done worse

shakermaker113
01-24-2009, 10:06 AM
check out those gloves.

http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/Cammy-cosplay/kylie-cammy/kylie-cammy5.jpg

daft$tar
01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
^^^
hah

Robototron
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't want her in the Sahara (just because it's capable of being danced to doesn't mean it automatically belongs in the Sahara), but I'd like to see her.

shakermaker113
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I just realized that image of her is in front of chun li's background from the videogame. why did they do that?

arya.
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't want her in the Sahara (just because it's capable of being danced to doesn't mean it automatically belongs in the Sahara), but I'd like to see her.

where would she play then? main? if not sahara, then main. she is far too big to play the other tents and would never play outdoor.

patricksw
01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
This is what we have been saying for years! KYLIECHELLA! Or better yet-- Kylie + Dani!

Kylie NEVER tours in America. This would be increeeeeeeddddddible. I was in Australia last September and there was this line of people all waiting for 2 days in the rain because Kylie tickets were going on sale soon-- were I going to be in Sydney for 3 more months, I would have joined them.

p.

shakermaker113
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
tell me you are kidding when you said Dani would make things better. the only time she made anything better was when she took her top off.

mschirmersf
01-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Kylie is a pop music icon. She's as big as Madonna in every other continent. She doesn't sell records here, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a pop star. Indie she's not. That's hilarious. She would be great closing the tent on Friday or Saturday. I'm sure she will have more class than Madonna and not phone in her performance. Madonna didn't do anything special. She did exactly what she did on her promo tour. It was stupid. I'm a huge Madonna fan, but that show was Coachella FAIL.

lolwut
01-24-2009, 11:47 PM
She is basically indie in the States now, since her last album was a complete failure here. And she never came to do a show in the States for her new tour and her last album (X) was a dance record. I would love to see her in the tent, it would be a great show, but is it possible for a electro-pop-diva to be in the tent after Madonna? A lot of people complained about her, but I think Kylie is obviously different. It would be great. She is always a great show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8Elz6JKWo

we were all trolled, trolled really really hard.

HorseTears
01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
While Kylie cannot seriously be described as indie in any way we all know that the 'bigger in Britain than here' tag gives a certain caché, a certain edge to an artist. Having spent part of my late 80s childhood in the UK, I would love to see Ms. Minogue at Coachella. I seriously doubt she'd do it unless she'd be asked to headline one of the larger tents, though.

JewFace
01-25-2009, 05:13 PM
This has my full approval. As long as she replaces her wardrobe guy. This woman is gorgeous. What's with the futuristic granny dresses?

And, she can bloody sing live. She has a small voice, but she uses it well.

JDOmWJx0ER4

WdR0C7pdZDg

patricksw
01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Kylie is a pop music icon. She's as big as Madonna in every other continent. She doesn't sell records here, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a pop star. Indie she's not. That's hilarious. She would be great closing the tent on Friday or Saturday. I'm sure she will have more class than Madonna and not phone in her performance. Madonna didn't do anything special. She did exactly what she did on her promo tour. It was stupid. I'm a huge Madonna fan, but that show was Coachella FAIL.

Sounds like somebody didn't get a good spot to see the show from! You know, I've seen Madonna 4 or 5 times, and that was the best show I've ever seen her do. She's not my favorite performer by any stretch, but she does alright, and that show was pretty high energy and incredible. My one complaint was that she arrived late, but I was over it pretty fast when the music came on and she came at it full force. And if you weren't enjoying that show, I can only say that you must have been towards the back... because up front, we couldn't leave our spot for HOURS and we needed to piss so bad we were hallucinating, and we rocked that shit. So... maybe it's just you.

daft$tar
01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
WdR0C7pdZDg

thats epic

daft$tar
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
dani is a joke - i do like 'put the needle on it' tho...

hypervera
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM

yeah true

JewFace
04-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Sigh...

iPj0XN99vAk

firesuite
04-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Sigh...

iPj0XN99vAk

Seriously, how was this not booked?

flowbee
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
You just had to remind me we didn't get her yet another year...

Castanets
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
This would be epic. Partly because she never plays the US. Somehow, I doubt she wants to scale down her show for the US when she can be playing massive arenas everywhere else.

Babooshka
04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
whow it would be fun to see her here in the states...

arya.
04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah, this would've been amazing. fuck.

Devin the Dude
04-09-2009, 04:13 PM
if Kylie Minogue shows, i will cry. tears of sheer, unexpected, inexplicable joy.

weezy f baby
04-09-2009, 04:25 PM
the gays love kylie

MissingPerson
04-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Question - how am I now the first poster in this thread?

I mean, I love me some Kylie and all, but I'm almost certain I wouldn't start a thread for the lady.

arya.
04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
If her set was anything like this, it would be fantastic:

1. Speakerphone
2. Can't Get You Out Of My Head
3. Like a Drug
4. Red Blooded Woman
5. Slow
6. Two Hearts
7. Nu-di-ty
8. Come Into My World
9. Boombox
10. Love at First Sight

Missingperson, I am fairly sure our threads were mixed. I started this thread a while ago and I think it was merged with another Kylie thread.

S.AsianPersuasion
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Ha! Kylie. I was not expecting to see her pop up in the rumor mill, but it looks like the idea has a lot of support. I doubt she'll every play Coachella, I mean she doesn't play the US at all anyway. Still, can you imagine? I think you'd be able to hear the gays shrieking from miles away.

the_last_laugh
04-10-2009, 11:48 PM
I hate to add fuel to the rumor fire and I don't think it's been mentioned yet; her 'X' tour is over, but Kylie has been booking random festivals coming up:

http://www.kylie.com/tourdates

I'm not even gonna hold my breath, but I'd love to see her live someday, Coachella or elsewhere.

Storm Amsterdam
04-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd feel sorry for everybody behind row three..nobody would be able to actually see her

Ardentbiscuit
04-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I was just watching "Moulin Rouge" and thinking, too bad Kylie never happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqa62iiUwUI

Josesativa
04-03-2010, 01:34 PM
i cant get you out of my head

daft$tar
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
new album from kylie in june/july this year!!

beavington
04-08-2010, 07:18 PM
After finally listening to X I have to say that is a pretty fucking good record. I was surprised by how good it was. When I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl, it occurred to me that now it is more possible than ever for her to be at Coachella. So maybe next year she will be able to do a show. Hell have Coachella go european and dare to put Kylie Minogue as a headliner. I could just be too stoned to really have a grip on reality.

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not quite sure what to make of her new single. It's somewhat anthemic but feels a bit 'meh'. That crazy synth explosion 2/3 of the way through is really awesome, though.

ekPRAeHc-L4

spiggums
05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
After finally listening to X I have to say that is a pretty fucking good record. I was surprised by how good it was. When I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl, it occurred to me that now it is more possible than ever for her to be at Coachella. So maybe next year she will be able to do a show. Hell have Coachella go european and dare to put Kylie Minogue as a headliner. I could just be too stoned to really have a grip on reality.

Couple the new album with her planning on making touring the states more a priority in support of it, and she'd at least be available for it. Whether or not GV wants to book her show is another matter entirely.

Gotta say though, I was in fucking heaven at the Hollywood Bowl show last year!

StegoDee
05-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Bump! So down for Kylie. She would rock the main stage/Sahara something fierce.

Justin170
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
She should play with her sister!

RageAgainstTheAoki
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow. Her new video is – pardon the cliche – fierce! Apparently those are real-time light projections by the artist Freider Weiss and NOT post-production CGI work. That’s pretty damn amazing.

BHGaW8lBlSk

daft$tar
09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
the new video is so great - there is a god and her name is kylie

let god play coachella this year paul toilet - please!

rasooli
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
hopefully she isn't a possibility.